Type S C&D Lightning Lap

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 05:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
My case maintenance is "free", obviously baked into the car price, no free lunch, for 36,000 miles 36 months includes
  • Engine Oil
  • Engine Filter
  • Brake Fluid
  • Cabin Micro Filter(s)
  • Engine Air Filter(s)
  • Spark Plugs
  • Remote Control/Key Battery
  • Vehicle Check
  • Fuel Filter (Diesel engines only)
Used to be up to, through 2017 models, 50,000 miles, 48 months & included:
All of the above + brake pads, brake rotors, and wiper blade inserts

Mine (only used it with Porsche) & the other German mfg, also have prepaid maintenance packages that are a big discount in some cases on more items that would not quality as warranty item. All of the above said they is always a BMW tax on anything outside of the plans. Only way to beat the system is DIY if you are capable.
Yup everything free for the first 3 years. Even after that it's not that much more than a Japanese performance car unless something goes catastrophically wrong but that won't be cheap for cars like a Red Sport or ISF/RCF/IS500 either. Paid Oil changes on the M340 aren't that far apart from anything else, my old Infiniti dealership charged almost $200 for Oil changes claiming "Well it's a performance car".
Old 02-07-2022, 06:28 PM
Instructor

Received 234 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio2.0
It seems like of all the cars there, the TLX-S had the worst issue with brakes. Why is that? It's not the heaviest. It seemingly has quality brakes (and even upgraded ones) ... poor ventilation? The IS500 brakes turned to mush as well, but it didn't need a new set of pads and rotors for each day. That just seems absurd.
the weight is obviously an factor but i think the rear brakes are also an issue. They are basic honda/acura parts bin just painted red as far as i can tell. Because the rears accomplish so much less of the braking then the front there would be almost no difference in everyday driving in upgrading them but when driving the car to the point if causing brake fade, its going to happen faster if the rear isnt helping out at all. This is almost exclusively a track issue, ive taken it on many back country runs and have never had an issue, but those are 8-9/10ths runs. On a track or possibly if youre doing some mountin runs brakes are goona get hot.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 384 Likes on 267 Posts
Was scanning some of the vids we were interested in. When I was watching the Type-S vid one of my These words show the difference between real drivers & youtubers at Laguna Seca. The youtubers never pushed the cars hard enough to give an accurate report of the cars capabilities. Still remember the fat guy out for a Sunday drive thinking he was ringing the car out because Acura let him go by himself on a clear track. Think I had a few debates about how did I know how hard he is driving.
Matt wasn't going flat out back then that is for sure, but I would give him credits that he is capable of pushing cars more than average Joe youtubers. Most will just follow corporate guidelines and sing praises.

But yeah the C&D result is disappointing. I still cannot believe that Type-S needed new pads and rotors every day. These guys drove the car hard, but the necessity is on another level of madness. Other than that, I think the car did reasonably and as expected. VIR has long straights and HP helps quite a bit, Type-S can only go so far even with perfect brake system.

The following users liked this post:
BEAR-AvHistory (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 06:52 PM
Pro

Received 433 Likes on 249 Posts
It seems like of all the cars there, the TLX-S had the worst issue with brakes. Why is that? It's not the heaviest. It seemingly has quality brakes (and even upgraded ones) ... poor ventilation? The IS500 brakes turned to mush as well, but it didn't need a new set of pads and rotors for each day. That just seems absurd.
So far with 2k miles I haven’t needed to change my brake pads. I’ll let you know when I need to. /s
Old 02-07-2022, 06:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,420 Likes on 1,871 Posts
Pads getting cooked I can understand; street pads are pretty shit on track. However, tearing up the rotors in a day...that's surprising to me. Even on aggressive track pads, I can usually get at least a half dozen track days in before they're too thin. Can't help but wonder if they swapped the rotors out with the pads just to be safe.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by richii0207
Audi is a bottom tier brand for reliability. So, no for the money pit machine. And which track were you referring to with the statement?

If the Type S is in a different league than it’s competitors, why are there people trying so hard to downtalk it? Maybe I should’ve bought the CT5-V BW just to troll Audi and BMW forums talking about their inferior vehicles being subpar.
I had two A7s. Zero problems. On the other hand I’ve had two BMW cars and three BMW motorcycles. Four out of five of them had problems the required shop time and effected drivability.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
Pads getting cooked I can understand; street pads are pretty shit on track. However, tearing up the rotors in a day...that's surprising to me. Even on aggressive track pads, I can usually get at least a half dozen track days in before they're too thin. Can't help but wonder if they swapped the rotors out with the pads just to be safe.
Car did not have street pads it had the recommended track pads.

Also the maximum performance summer tires quoted from the comments were in bad shape after one hard lap:

"it works its Pirelli P Zero PZ4 tires so hard that they have only one strong lap in them before getting hot and greasy".

One lap at VIR on the course they use is just over 4 miles. One lap & the tires are going away, one day & the brakes are dead. The tires are quality maximum performance pieces $1100 a set at Tire Rack & are a coin flip match to Michelin PS4S.

Bottom line is the C&D guys drove the shit out of the car to get the best time but they also drive the shit out of all the other cars.

Have to agree with some of the guys this car has no business anywhere near a track.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 02-07-2022 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:55 PM
Pro

Car did not have street pads it had the recommended track pads.

Also the maximum performance summer tires quoted from the comments were in bad shape after one hard lap:

"it works its Pirelli P Zero PZ4 tires so hard that they have only one strong lap in them before getting hot and greasy".

One lap at VIR on the course they use is just over 4 miles. One lap & the tires are going away, one day & the brakes are dead. The tires are quality maximum performance pieces $1100 a set at Tire Rack & are a coin flip match to Michelin PS4S.

Bottom line is the C&D guys drove the shit out of the car to get the best time but they also drive the shit out of all the other cars.

Have to agree with some of the guys this car has no business anywhere near a track.
For the hundredth time, nobody here, unless we’re talking about all the hundreds of imaginary members with their invisible posts, said the Type-S was a track weapon….it’s getting comical at this point. It’s taking “beating a dead horse with a stick” to a new level.

Did Acura steal lunch money from y’all or something? It’s really getting redundant with all the non-contributing posts. Of all the different forums I am part of, I have never seen the amount of negativity and complaining from users that don’t even have the product. Maybe we should all just drive BMWs and Audis to make you one-uppers happy…

Last edited by richii0207; 02-07-2022 at 09:03 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by richii0207:
Legend2TL (02-11-2022), WTF.Acura (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 09:57 PM
Pro

Received 535 Likes on 263 Posts
For the hundredth time, nobody here, unless we’re talking about all the hundreds of imaginary members with their invisible posts, said the Type-S was a track weapon….it’s getting comical at this point. It’s taking “beating a dead horse with a stick” to a new level.

Did Acura steal lunch money from y’all or something? It’s really getting redundant with all the non-contributing posts. Of all the different forums I am part of, I have never seen the amount of negativity and complaining from users that don’t even have the product. Maybe we should all just drive BMWs and Audis to make you one-uppers happy…
It is sad. Bear also admitted recently that he never even test drove the Type S but literally dumps on the car every day with multiple posts. Looking at the numbers, Cadillac just layed a major whooping on the BMW. This is why he's probably distracting us with S threads😂. I'm sure there are countless Cadillac owners signing up on BMW forums right now to bring their cars down for the next few years....

On a side note, IS500 did not do post great times either. For a car that is pushing close to 500hp and a lot lighter you'd think it would do a lot better....but forgot it's proly Type S fault and G70 was slower too. Hmmm.
The following 2 users liked this post by dmski:
Legend2TL (02-08-2022), WTF.Acura (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 11:28 PM
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts
TLX Type-S: 3:06.7

CT4-V Blackwing: 2:55.6
Civic Type-R: 3:00.7
M240i: 3:03.0
Golf R: 3:04.3
IS500: 3:04.9

Much marketing. =P

What I was shocked and impressed with is that the CT5-V BW beat the M3 Competition by nearly 4 full seconds. 2 seconds is pretty significant, but 4 seconds is substantial. Cadillac made some absolutely incredible twin machines. I hope they start making a lot more of them in the future.
If 4 seconds is substantial, what do you call the gap between the TLX Type S and everybody's favorite the Accord 2.0T sport?
Old 02-07-2022, 11:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by dmski
It is sad. Bear also admitted recently that he never even test drove the Type S but literally dumps on the car every day with multiple posts. Looking at the numbers, Cadillac just layed a major whooping on the BMW. This is why he's probably distracting us with S threads😂. I'm sure there are countless Cadillac owners signing up on BMW forums right now to bring their cars down for the next few years....

On a side note, IS500 did not do post great times either. For a car that is pushing close to 500hp and a lot lighter you'd think it would do a lot better....but forgot it's proly Type S fault and G70 was slower too. Hmmm.
Don't be said the type-S runs according to C&D who we are all talking about today about the same as a 4 cylinder 330 service lender I have driven. TH says the 330 is the car they would buy instead during the S track test. Their driver is better than I am so will take his word & LL results vs your opinion.

Post #96 I said "Think the Caddy was the most impressive car there. Nice to see a USA product at the top of its game". That's the difference between us. Some people can't deal with their car of choice getting out played while I just enjoy cars period. It does not matter the brand... its the cars actual performance that counts & the two Caddies did great. My only disappointment with Caddy is they bailed on the true DOHC Blackwing engine. That I could have bought in the smaller car rather than the large limited production series they ran.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 02-07-2022 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2022, 11:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
I personally would never own another German-made car as my previously owned German cars were money pits after warranty, this includes friends and family vehicles too.
Without getting into so-called reliability issues with German cars ... they do seem to be more complicated. I think that might lead to increased maintenance in their later years.

However, I don't plan to keep these much beyond their warranties. We buy new and plan to only keep each 3-6 years. All dealer serviced (just like our Hondas and Acuras before them). Sell or trade while they are still worth something (before they get too old).

We are now in a different station in life. The 2014-MDX was the first one we traded at 6-years old (and the Audi dealer gave us a fair amount for it). It was a good SUV. Maintenance and repairs for those 6 years was under $1000.

I used to buy new and keep them 16-19 years. I think Hondas and Acuras are still good makes if that is your plan. That is what we did with our Honda Accords. But don't kid yourself ... still a lot of maintenance visits and even (larger - costly) unexpected repairs to get those cars to last that long.

Last edited by Tesla1856; 02-07-2022 at 11:58 PM. Reason: more info
Old 02-08-2022, 01:52 AM
Pro

Don't be said the type-S runs according to C&D who we are all talking about today about the same as a 4 cylinder 330 service lender I have driven. TH says the 330 is the car they would buy instead during the S track test. Their driver is better than I am so will take his word & LL results vs your opinion.

Post #96 I said "Think the Caddy was the most impressive car there. Nice to see a USA product at the top of its game". That's the difference between us. Some people can't deal with their car of choice getting out played while I just enjoy cars period. It does not matter the brand... its the cars actual performance that counts & the two Caddies did great. My only disappointment with Caddy is they bailed on the true DOHC Blackwing engine. That I could have bought in the smaller car rather than the large limited production series they ran.
Clearly you don’t with the time you devote berating a purchase choice of others on this forum. Unlike you, I’m sure most of us don’t drive on the street with the “I’m better than you” mentality. Cut it out and be the the “grown up” in this discussion by acting your age. You’re acting like a child with your kind of behavior to be bringing up the typical “mine’s better than yours” debate in every thread available on this forum.
The following 2 users liked this post by richii0207:
Legend2TL (02-11-2022), WTF.Acura (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 08:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 670 Likes on 416 Posts
Originally Posted by whiteGSR
If 4 seconds is substantial, what do you call the gap between the TLX Type S and everybody's favorite the Accord 2.0T sport?
Really? Are you really, seriously going there? A family sedan running touring all-season tires with regular single-piston calipers and zero pretensions of performance-anything. That's the TLX-S's claim to fame, that it can beat the Accord by nearly 12secs (the same amount the CT4V-BW beats the Type-S by)?

Absurdly embarrassing counterpoints aside, the reason I love to give the Type-S some flak is apparent in the comments section of these cars. From its onset, this car was marketed around tracks. It was seen doing fake power slides around turns. Press launch at Laguna Seca, complete with a fixed race against an S4. And the fanboys ate it up. 'When Honda tries, nobody can match their engines!' 'y0, with SHAWDy, this thing is going to handle like it's on rails!' Then it came out that it was the heaviest, slowest, biggest without being bigger inside car in the entire segment. Did the fanboys repeal? Nope, they doubled down. They fell back on the tried and true 'long-term reliability' excuse (thank God it isn't fuel efficient, or they'd jump on that excuse too), while they signed their 4yr lease agreement. It's delusional and precisely why we won't be seeing anything great from Acura for a long time now that the NSX is axed. You have apologists still defending what is unequivocally a mediocre effort. Is it a good daily? Absolutely. But to defend it after everything it was supposed to be? Fuck no.

To prove my point, look at the comments on the Type-S on C&D's Lightning Lap.

Well that is impressive. Imagine it 400 lbs lighter (like the rest of the class). The SH-AWD tuned in this car is no joke.
SH-AWDYs like a melody
Sounds like it is a tune and an aftermarket Brembo or Wilwood brake update away from being a track day sleeper.
Pretty astonishing time really for something so massive and front heavy. Well done Acura.
Over 1k lbs heavier than a type r and less than 3 seconds slower, well done Acura.
The S-AWD and Honda quality put the BMW and Cadillac in its rear view mirror. The Lexus IS is a good quality car but lacks space and legroom.
You can't make up this level of stupid. Personally, I wasn't impressed with the IS500's time either, but despite it also being marketed on a track, we were told it wasn't going to be as aggressive as a true F-car. Regardless, it still beats the Type-S in every performance metric and also in the reliability and build quality aspect. Type-S has AWD and space advantage. But, you don't have nearly as many delusional seagulls-from-Finding-Nemo singing praises disguised as excuses:

Disappointed. This should have at least matched the M340 with all of that HP.
It's pretty close to the M340i, which is an impressive time, but with all that extra power it's odd it didn't do much better still..
No big surprise. Toyota/Lexus continues to underwhelm by refusing to invest in the chassis and believes they can throw leftover V8s into the IS to try and make it competitive. I spent years as a Lexus owner trying to convince myself that they were great, but really they couldn't be bothered to spend the money to try and innovate. Cadillac put 110% into the Blackwings, BMW churns out hits over and over, but Lexus insists on recycling the same old parts and same old engines and it shows in the numbers. Can't think of a single reason to buy the IS500 over a comparably priced competitor. The saddest part is that the IS is one of the few "Lexus" vehicles, the rest are all becoming rebadged Toyota SUVs.
It's yesterday's tech, but I love this car for still offering an NA V8 with a 7300rpm redline in 2022. If not for rear seating that's already too tight for my 1- and 3-year-olds' car seats, I'd have it on my shopping list.
Stop spewing the reliability myth. Toyota sells this as the highest performance version of the IS and the transmission can't handle a few laps at the track. RIP in Toyota. You are the new Sears/Blockbuster/etc. ... not just because you can't build a sports car unless you ask Subaru or BMW, but mainly because your head is in the sand around electric vehicles. I'm sure we'll see case studies written about Toyota in MBA school about how they missed the whole market shifting to electric.
All these negative comments, and it still beat the Type-S. So the TLX-S isn't the only car that catches hate. If anything, the lack of negative comments on the TLX-S tells me people outside of the Honda/Acura circle don't really care about the car whatsoever.
BEAR-AvHistory (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 09:43 AM
Instructor

lap times from slowest to fastest

Genesis 3.3t dynamic As-Tested:
$51,245
Acura TLX Type S As Tested:$55,445
cadillac ct4-V As Tested: $52,165
Lexus is500 As Tested:$63,620
BMW M340i
As Tested: $64,545
c43 and s4 never teated

given these prices, would people have been happier with the type S if there were 8-9 grand of options available for the type S to make its time closer to these “comps”? (Pricing may be slightly different for the genesis since it was 3 years ago and the M340i aince it was 2 years ago.)

I actually think it did pretty well, i didnt expect it to beat the genesis or basically be neck and neck with the ct4-V. None of these cars are track vehicles but i dont think the lap times should hurt anyones appreciation for the car. I think the Type -S is the best looking of the group by a good margin, its pricing is somewhere between reasonable and great (everything is getting market adjustments not just this car and when Supply=demand that will stop so dont bother using that defence) and it does all the day to day stuff as it should.

Also of note here is that all the other vehicles listed are RWD, making them not an option for me living in Canada and driving my kids around every day, and if they are available in AWD its a substantial further cost.

everyone complaining about how it was marketed on a race track, needs to get over it. They could have showed it doing the same thing on the streets, would that have made it a better car? It’s not the first time a street car has been marketed on a race track. Move on, it’s litterally exactly what it should be for the price, and if looks mean anything to you (which they do for most), its not just a reasonable decision, its a good choice.
Old 02-08-2022, 10:26 AM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 47 Posts
The Type S has a lot of merit but Acura also set expectations unrealistically high with its marketing and so to many it falls short so I guess I see it both ways. I feel like all the negatives coming out in reviews and more consistent bashing tends to put people on the defensive by default so there may be more apologists/fanboys out there trying to highlight positives.

That aside, I'm beginning to see the point others are making here in that there's a subset of users here who don't have a TLX and clearly don't intend to ever get one. There's been so much trash talk from such folks around here already and the same points are being made over and over again and so many conversations turn into discussions about cars such users have instead of the TLX. I'm fine with a little distraction sometimes and some of these other cars really are awesome, but then the longer those discussions about those cars go on the more I find myself wondering why they aren't being had in the "Off Topic Discussion" subforum and if there's concern about there being a lack of engagement in the discussion about such cars there, shouldn't the discussion then go to the appropriate enthusiast forum for those cars then? Why does the discussion have to be in an Acura forum?

There seems to be clear disdain for the TLX by some and what feels like to some extent the people who actually like it. Who cares if some of them are fanboys? Every brand has them. Is it really so difficult to just let them enjoy what they've got? What's the real goal here at this point? Why keep coming back?

I mentioned elsewhere that I used to get into similar debates and trash talk when I was younger when it came to things like iPhone vs. Android or Xbox vs. Playstation, but it was all really so pointless at the end of the day.

I don't mind some healthy debate and many of the criticisms of the TLX/Type-S are legitimate as are the discussions around those criticisms/shortfalls (including some of those within this thread), at least up until they inevitably return to beating the same dead horse in most threads. These forums would have more potential for more productive conversations if they didn't devolve into the same ones over and over again but I've found myself lurking more often than contributing because of that.

Last edited by norsairius; 02-08-2022 at 10:33 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by norsairius:
a35tl (02-08-2022), one4all (02-08-2022), richii0207 (02-08-2022), sonyfever (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 10:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Clearly you don’t with the time you devote berating a purchase choice of others on this forum. Unlike you, I’m sure most of us don’t drive on the street with the “I’m better than you” mentality. Cut it out and be the the “grown up” in this discussion by acting your age. You’re acting like a child with your kind of behavior to be bringing up the typical “mine’s better than yours” debate in every thread available on this forum.
Love it, defend your car by attacking me not my cars performance. As far as my attitude on the street I just enjoy driving even in my 24 year old pickup truck. I see a Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren, Lambo I give them a thumps up for their nice cars, don't have weird thoughts that they are just showing off or think they are better than me.

Think maybe one of the things here is anytime someone moves to a car like an Audi, BMW its watch out for the money pit or they are so unreliable. Really?

OVERALL SCORE
Add to Compare
RECOMMENDED
2022 Audi A4
$39,900 - $45,500

OVERALL SCORE
Add to Compare
RECOMMENDED
2022 Toyota Supra (BMW Mechanicals & Chassis)
$43,290 - $63,280

OVERALL SCORE
Add to Compare
RECOMMENDED
2022 BMW 3 Series
$41,450 - $56,700

OVERALL SCORE
Add to Compare
RECOMMENDED
2022 Acura TLX
$37,700 - $53,600

Seems like for some its really hard for them to just say nothing or just Congratulations without some dumb ass qualifier.

Since some are now down to name calling looks like the name calling side of the debate has lost it so will pass on this thread to the relief of some.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 02-08-2022 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-08-2022, 10:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 384 Likes on 267 Posts
Great summary, norsairius, should be pinned to the top. The forum basically repeats itself whenever there is new test/review about TLX-S.
Old 02-08-2022, 11:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sombasol
everyone complaining about how it was marketed on a race track, needs to get over it. They could have showed it doing the same thing on the streets, would that have made it a better car? It’s not the first time a street car has been marketed on a race track. Move on, it’s litterally exactly what it should be for the price, and if looks mean anything to you (which they do for most), its not just a reasonable decision, its a good choice.
We're literally on a thread discussing track times and performance on the track ... so yes, it's merits and shortcomings are going to be highlighted of how it gets around a track. With it not performing particularly well on the track, of course it's going to be highlighted around how it was foolishly marketed as such. What we haven't really touched on, is the fact that of all the cars, it appears that the Type-S was least fit to be there, with the IS500 close behind. The brakes were literally melting off the car and track times would plummet even further behind the competition if this were hot lapped. I get just about nobody is taking their Type-S to a race track, but it puts some question marks around how well the car will do on some longer canyon carving runs with factory "street" pads.
BEAR-AvHistory (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 11:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by norsairius
The Type S has a lot of merit but Acura also set expectations unrealistically high with its marketing and so to many it falls short so I guess I see it both ways. I feel like all the negatives coming out in reviews and more consistent bashing tends to put people on the defensive by default so there may be more apologists/fanboys out there trying to highlight positives.

That aside, I'm beginning to see the point others are making here in that there's a subset of users here who don't have a TLX and clearly don't intend to ever get one. There's been so much trash talk from such folks around here already and the same points are being made over and over again and so many conversations turn into discussions about cars such users have instead of the TLX. I'm fine with a little distraction sometimes and some of these other cars really are awesome, but then the longer those discussions about those cars go on the more I find myself wondering why they aren't being had in the "Off Topic Discussion" subforum and if there's concern about there being a lack of engagement in the discussion about such cars there, shouldn't the discussion then go to the appropriate enthusiast forum for those cars then? Why does the discussion have to be in an Acura forum?

There seems to be clear disdain for the TLX by some and what feels like to some extent the people who actually like it. Who cares if some of them are fanboys? Every brand has them. Is it really so difficult to just let them enjoy what they've got? What's the real goal here at this point? Why keep coming back?

I mentioned elsewhere that I used to get into similar debates and trash talk when I was younger when it came to things like iPhone vs. Android or Xbox vs. Playstation, but it was all really so pointless at the end of the day.

I don't mind some healthy debate and many of the criticisms of the TLX/Type-S are legitimate as are the discussions around those criticisms/shortfalls (including some of those within this thread), at least up until they inevitably return to beating the same dead horse in most threads. These forums would have more potential for more productive conversations if they didn't devolve into the same ones over and over again but I've found myself lurking more often than contributing because of that.
Without the derision, this forum would be a ghost town. Either that, or the fanoys who went into their hidey-holed private FB group would propagate into an echo chamber of circle-jerking about how the TLX-S is "king." You talk about us haters, but don't address the same delusional fanboyism where people have their heads in the clouds saying how great the Type-S still is despite unequivocal, factual evidence that it's mediocre. So, you're sick of the haters ... I'm sick of the fuckboys who simply praise shit because it comes from their beloved Honda/Acura brand. This is particularly why the brand will stagnate.
The following 2 users liked this post by leomio2.0:
BEAR-AvHistory (02-08-2022), jwtarbaj (02-14-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 11:35 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by sonyfever
Great summary, norsairius, should be pinned to the top. The forum basically repeats itself whenever there is new test/review about TLX-S.
Unfortunately, it’s usually the same 2-3 people on their high horses that are affected because they felt they were lied to by “marketing”. There are other TLX forums that have users actually contribute to the topic at hand without sounding like a diehard BMW/Audi elitist or salesman. I do enjoy a laugh or two from coming on this forum to witness the repetitive arguments.

Last edited by richii0207; 02-08-2022 at 11:48 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by richii0207:
Legend2TL (02-10-2022), wizardjjr (02-12-2022), WTF.Acura (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 11:43 AM
Pro

Received 535 Likes on 263 Posts
Without the derision, this forum would be a ghost town. Either that, or the fanoys who went into their hidey-holed private FB group would propagate into an echo chamber of circle-jerking about how the TLX-S is "king." You talk about us haters, but don't address the same delusional fanboyism where people have their heads in the clouds saying how great the Type-S still is despite unequivocal, factual evidence that it's mediocre. So, you're sick of the haters ... I'm sick of the fuckboys who simply praise shit because it comes from their beloved Honda/Acura brand. This is particularly why the brand will stagnate.
Please show me in this thread or others where Type S owners are screaming that the car is king!!! Majority of actual owners say it's a good bank for the buck and should have at least 50 more hp for the weight. The same bashing just gets brought up daily by the few that don't own it and blame Acura marketing over and over. Have you seen the cringy Lexus ads where they shake the damn cameras while promoting the IS? Move on already. I'm actually surprised that it beat G70 and was close with IS500. Do you see any owners bashing these two cars on a daily basis?
The following 5 users liked this post by dmski:
a35tl (02-08-2022), BOWA41 (02-14-2022), Legend2TL (02-08-2022), richii0207 (02-08-2022), WTF.Acura (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 11:45 AM
Instructor

and yet youre here… on an acura forum… why? Its not weird for a “fanboy” (the definition of which i guess is someone who chose to buy the car?) to post on a forum dedicated to that car. Isn’t that completely normal for an owner or potential owner of the vehicle to post about their enjoyment with the vehicle? Its weird to dedicate yourself to replying negitives constantly. If youre not interested, dont be interested. How hard is it to not post about a car you dont want? Where is the logic in that? Could the type S be better? Sure. It could also be $8,-9-10,000 more expensive to accomplish being better. Im glad they developed this car as they did because honestly if it was $10,000 more expensive and $10,000 improved i wouldnt be driving it.

Why does it pain you so to see people like the car? There are people out there saying that its “yo hecka fast” or whatever and the majority of owners ignore them as well. There is however not much of that happening here, but on every thread there is this same shit talking from the anti-fans. Growing the knowledge and community of the second gen TLX owners is what this forum should be about, but it’s not because we have to go through this same garbage on every thread. The forum would be a ghost town without you guys? I wonder why? Maybe because you folks make it so unwelcoming that new members read 3 threads and GTFO because it’s clearly not a fun place to interact.

The car is fun to drive and well priced. Thats literally all it needs to be successful. It also happens to look great, sound good, is comfortable, and gives an option to people, honda fans or otherwise, that hasnt been offered in over a decade. Whats to hate?

Last edited by sombasol; 02-08-2022 at 11:59 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by sombasol:
a35tl (02-08-2022), frainc (02-08-2022), Honda430 (02-09-2022), Legend2TL (02-08-2022), richii0207 (02-08-2022), WTF.Acura (02-08-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-08-2022, 11:46 AM
Instructor

Then let it stagnate and die off. It'll be more evidence that Acura should have created more compelling products. It'll clearly be of no loss to the haters and the diehard fans will be sad and need to find another brand/products they like. It'll be of no great or longer term consequence to me even though I like my TLX as there's lots of great options out there. If Acura can't or won't do better, too bad. Life moves on.

The forums may become a ghost town, an echo chamber, or they may perk up with more meaningful conversation as people feel more comfortable with the same repetitive stuff going away. What I'm looking for is more varied, meaningful, productive conversations. I see though that both "haters" and "fanboys" are preventing that from happening. Even if this place does turn into an echo chamber for Acura fans, I'm still not why sure that matters in the grand scheme of things. I just don't see how it's so offensive or harmful to a BMW, Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Audi, or whatever fanatic elsewhere if there's a bunch of Acura fanatics here.

I've owned/driven cars from plenty of different brands and enjoyed them all for different reasons but none of them compensated me enough (in fact, at all) to spend time trash talking other brands' products or mindlessly defending them. I've sung songs of praise, sure, but it was because I actually enjoyed their cars. You're always going to run into folks whose minds will never be changed and I guess I just don't see the point in trying to convince a fanboy to hate something they love, or a hater to love something they hate. There's many things in this world where that kind of effort could actually matter, but between fans of various brands consumer goods? Nah. Our time is simply more valuable than that.

Edit: I do think you've made lots of good points around here, but my intent was to address the state of the TLX forum more broadly in that I think there's potential for this to be a healthier community too. Alternatively, as you said, it could also stagnate but I think we agree that's ultimately on Acura.

Last edited by norsairius; 02-08-2022 at 12:01 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by norsairius:
a35tl (02-08-2022), one4all (02-08-2022), richii0207 (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 12:41 PM
Instructor

Just want to clarify on my previous post (too late for me to edit): I will be sad if Acura leaves the industry as I like them and their products and I hope they succeed. I'm optimistic and rooting for Acura because even if you don't like them, competition is always good for the consumer at the end of the day.

If I recall correctly, the 2nd gen NSX was met with lukewarm reviews when it first came out but I believe it's viewed much more positively now and it shows what Acura can really achieve when they make good decisions and put the enough resources into something. I just hope we see more of it in the rest of their products in the future as the NSX leaves us.

I think this C&D Track Test offers a good perspective of what the Type S can do, for now, but it also shows where I think many hope it will be, and get to. It's up to Acura where the Type S and its products go from here with the "first releases" of the new and refreshed TLX, RDX, and MDX having all come out now in the last few years and with the Integra coming back soon. I'll be interested to see what the next iterations of these will bring.

Last edited by norsairius; 02-08-2022 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-08-2022, 12:49 PM
2nd Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
There were several things I (nearing 50 y/o) was looking for before ordering my Performance Red Type-S (delivery later this month hopefully after six months of waiting). 4 Dr. family sedan with AWD. No heavy inefficient SUV's. So in essence, a good looking performance sedan that will last a long time without looking dated. Japanese quality (never impressed with Germans as I like driving cars 15 years if possible). I biased because I have a long history with Honda/Acura and they have done well for me. My three "drivers" currently are a '99 Civic Hatch (fun in the the summer), '04 TLX (son just started driving as a college commuter), '16 ILX (wife's commuter), I don't need another "hot hatch", but would have considered a next-gen. DCT Type R Civic if it was available yet. I may autocross the TLX-S a few times, but have a 560whp C5 Z06 for track day events etc., so no biggie there.

Here are the four doors in the price range that are faster than the TLX-S including some Hot Hatches. I may have missed a few and some cars are available in coupe and sedan so tried to go back and look at past articles to determine.->
2016 Ats-V 2.59.8 (would have been a good buy back then)
2020 M340-I 3.03.2
2019 Sti 3.03.4 (owned two WRX's before and not a fan of them any longer)
2016 Focus Rs 3.03.9 (long gone)
2020 CT5-v 3.04.1 (a little more expensive option for option, but a contender for my purchase)
2021 Golf R 3.04.3 (German Hatch)
2022 IS500 F-Sport 3.04.9 (a little long in the tooth and didn't impress me in the video)
2018 STI RA 3.04.9 (Another Subaru)
2011 IS-F 3.05.4 (Long Gone)
2017 RS3 3.05.6 (Audi - no-way)
2020 CT4-V 3.06.2 (A contender)
2008 C63 Amg 3.06.5 (Hell no - Mercedes reliability)
2021 TLX-S 3.06.7

The cars on my radar were the Caddy CT4-V (more expensive) and the Genesis G70 3.3T sport. Option for option, the TLX-S is a great value and glad to see it beat out the Genesis and Stinger. I'm happy to see the car perform as it did.

So what are the plans? I was hoping for better acceleration and ECU tuning is becoming available. 400whp and 12's look like a no-brainer. I don't see tracking the car, but will do brake fluid and pads. Not a fan of Pirelli's so will burn through those asap. Then we'll see!
one4all (02-11-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 02:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by norsairius
I will be sad if Acura leaves the industry as I like them and their products and I hope they succeed. I'm optimistic and rooting for Acura because even if you don't like them, competition is always good for the consumer at the end of the day.
Interesting point. Maybe it's time for all or most Premium brands to fade away. Never liked how GM made the same car over-and-over under different names. Pontiac (Trans-Am) and Oldsmobile (Cutlass coupe) are gone now but who really misses them?

Think how much better Hondas (ie Accords, Civics, and Pilots) could be if they poured all their effort into them (and didn't hold back to make Acura relevant).
Infinity has lost their way. What's left could be Nissans.
Toyota brought back Supra (but it's really just a BMW). They could make their own. They will likely still keep Lexus because of the name/reputation as Luxury.
Audi is heading to be all electric Premium. If you want gas or Hybrid, you get a VW. Maybe just consolidate into one line (pick your name).
Do we really need Hyundai AND Genesis ?

Am I making any sense here ?
norsairius (02-09-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 02:38 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
Interesting point. Maybe it's time for all or most Premium brands to fade away. Never liked how GM made the same car over-and-over under different names. Pontiac (Trans-Am) and Oldsmobile (Cutlass coupe) are gone now but who really misses them?

Think how much better Hondas (ie Accords, Civics, and Pilots) could be if they poured all their effort into them (and didn't hold back to make Acura relevant).
Infinity has lost their way. What's left could be Nissans.
Toyota brought back Supra (but it's really just a BMW). They could make their own. They will likely still keep Lexus because of the name/reputation as Luxury.
Audi is heading to be all electric Premium. If you want gas or Hybrid, you get a VW. Maybe just consolidate into one line (pick your name).
Do we really need Hyundai AND Genesis ?

Am I making any sense here ?
The premium segment is getting murkier and murkier due to top trim mainstream models encroaching, both in terms of features and price. That spells trouble for brands like Infiniti, Acura, etc. We've already seen other automakers like Lincoln, Volvo, etc. head upmarket to get out of no-man's land. However, there is absolutely a market for proper luxury marquees. There's only so much money consumers are willing to spend on a mainstream nameplate. We've seen this before with cars like the VW Phaeton, Kia K900, Hyundai Equus, Toyota Land Cruiser, etc. People may be willing to spend $50K on a Palisade or Telluride, but the target demographic of a GV90 sure aren't going to be willing to spend $70K or $80K if it had a K or H on the front of it.

Acura needs to figure out what it wants to be. Value-luxury isn't going to cut it with the way mainstream is gaining parity with luxury when it comes to featureset. If they want to move toward performance instead of luxury (like Porsche) then fine, but they have to deliver on performance. Otherwise someone is going to eat their lunch, especially once the move towards EVs happens and there's a complete paradigm shift in what "performance" means.

Last edited by fiatlux; 02-08-2022 at 02:40 PM.
WTF.Acura (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 03:08 PM
Instructor

Pretty aure the majority of manufacturers are going to be having the premium labels head towards straight electrification, while the main brands follow behind at a slower pace cadillac audi and acura have all indicated as much. The next 10-15 years are going to be a hige shift in the way the auto industry operates. I always though acura should hang its hat on awd. If they want to share platforms with honda sure, but every single Acura should be coming out with SHAWD. No fwd options. Its a clear and defined reason to go to Acura, but they would have to raise the staring point of all the models which im sure they are aftaid to do. If they wanted to make a statement with the Integra to trump all the rebadged civic hate, they should have just made it awd.
Old 02-08-2022, 03:13 PM
Safety Car

Pretty aure the majority of manufacturers are going to be having the premium labels head towards straight electrification, while the main brands follow behind at a slower pace cadillac audi and acura have all indicated as much. The next 10-15 years are going to be a hige shift in the way the auto industry operates. I always though acura should hang its hat on awd. If they want to share platforms with honda sure, but every single Acura should be coming out with SHAWD. No fwd options. Its a clear and defined reason to go to Acura, but they would have to raise the staring point of all the models which im sure they are aftaid to do. If they wanted to make a statement with the Integra to trump all the rebadged civic hate, they should have just made it awd.
There were talks of it back in 2014, but it never happened. I think that they realized that their customer base is too price sensitive and going AWD-only would alienate too many buyers. https://www.autoweek.com/news/a19081...el-drive-only/

Audi can get away with being a de facto AWD brand because their customer base is less focused on value, but the reality is that Acura cannot.
The following 2 users liked this post by fiatlux:
BEAR-AvHistory (02-08-2022), norsairius (02-09-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 04:12 PM
Burning Brakes

I always though acura should hang its hat on awd. If they want to share platforms with honda sure, but every single Acura should be coming out with SHAWD. No fwd options. Its a clear and defined reason to go to Acura, but they would have to raise the staring point of all the models which im sure they are aftaid to do. If they wanted to make a statement with the Integra to trump all the rebadged civic hate, they should have just made it awd.
Agreed.

But as usual @fiatlux makes a good point about pricing (I see you said it also)

However, my experience was ...
When we were all waiting for the (all new) 2014-MDX to arrive, the Acura dealer gave us a viewing-party. We (and others there) were like ... so where are the SHAWD models ... we want to test-drive one. The dealer had mostly ordered FWD models (even upper trim ones were FWD). We talked with a lady there. She was also disappointed after the wait. Said she likes to trade her MDX in on the latest shAWD Advance model every few years (why buy a Premium SUV with things missing)? I tend to agree. The Honda dealer down the street has plenty of Pilots. And even if you can do without some creature comforts, why exclude the coolest unique feature (especially on a large top-heavy 7-passenger family hauler like the MDX)?

Last edited by Tesla1856; 02-08-2022 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-08-2022, 06:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,414 Posts
Originally Posted by Tesla1856
Agreed.

But as usual @fiatlux makes a good point about pricing (I see you said it also)

However, my experience was ...
When we were all waiting for the (all new) 2014-MDX to arrive, the Acura dealer gave us a viewing-party. We (and others there) were like ... so where are the SHAWD models ... we want to test-drive one. The dealer had mostly ordered FWD models (even upper trim ones were FWD). We talked with a lady there. She was also disappointed after the wait. Said she likes to trade her MDX in on the latest shAWD Advance model every few years (why buy a Premium SUV with things missing)? I tend to agree. The Honda dealer down the street has plenty of Pilots. And even if you can do without some creature comforts, why exclude the coolest unique feature (especially on a large top-heavy 7-passenger family hauler like the MDX)?

I remember trying to test drive an MDX and had the same experience when the 3G MDX came out. Also agree that acura needs to be an SH-AWD brand only and ditch FWD setups as a premium brand. It's not doing RWD anytime soon...

I'm shocked that the TLX did so poorly esp in respects to braking... Maybe acura has to revise brake duct cooling and other items? Not trying to defend acura, but I hope next year's model certainly has some much needed updates to live up to what it's hyped about. What's funny is that I remember so many people being disappointed the Type-S 3G TL didn't have more power and the wheels were terribly ugly. Now it's the opposite once time has gone by with the 3G TL as was mentioned about the NSX.

The following 3 users liked this post by csmeance:
BEAR-AvHistory (02-08-2022), Tesla1856 (02-09-2022), WTF.Acura (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 06:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
I posted this in another forum but I'll restate it here that my Acura sales consultant indicated to me that of the TLXs sold at his Acura store (here in Jersey, not a sun belt state) are "....about 65-70% FWD vs AWD config" So irrespective of the sensibilities of some being offended, there's clearly a market for the FWD TLX.
The following 2 users liked this post by F23A4:
BEAR-AvHistory (02-08-2022), norsairius (02-09-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 06:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
We're literally on a thread discussing track times and performance on the track ... so yes, it's merits and shortcomings are going to be highlighted of how it gets around a track. With it not performing particularly well on the track, of course it's going to be highlighted around how it was foolishly marketed as such. What we haven't really touched on, is the fact that of all the cars, it appears that the Type-S was least fit to be there, with the IS500 close behind. The brakes were literally melting off the car and track times would plummet even further behind the competition if this were hot lapped. I get just about nobody is taking their Type-S to a race track, but it puts some question marks around how well the car will do on some longer canyon carving runs with factory "street" pads.
I have great driving roads right out my back door. Roads with 20-30 miles of non stop curves. I’ve roadraced motorcycles competitively and autocrossed cars. I ride my motorcycles on the roads 3-4 tines a week, and have taken my G70 3.3 Sport on them a few times. I run fairly hard in the good sections, but at a 7/10s pace. That means the vehicle is always in my lane and the tires never break loose.

Not once have my brakes overheated. The reality is that I never see people braking hard into curves on the street. Most people on the street approach curves at the speed they want to take the turn, then power through it moderately hard.

I get that coming down mountains has different challenges. I’ve ridden sport touring bikes on thousands of miles of serious mountain roads. I see no reason to take them at anything remotely like a race pace, and seldom see others run them hard either.
Old 02-08-2022, 07:18 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
I thought the TLX-S did better than I expected given its 11.8lb/hp power to weight ratio. That's by far the worst in class. In fact, may be someone can check, but is that there another car that's faster around VIR with the same or worse power to weight ratio? Quite surprised to see it within 3 seconds of a 2017 Civic Type R given that the CTR is noticeably faster on the straight - CTR was doing 136mph before braking into T1, whereas the TLX-S barely made it to 130mph. The CTR also has the Sportcontact 6 tires which are pretty grippy relative to the more pedestrian PZ4 on the TLX-S.

2020 BMW M340i, 3:03.2
2018 Audi RS5, 3:03.9
2022 Lexus IS500 F Sport, 3:04.9
2017 Audi RS3, 3:05.6
2015 Lexus RC F, 3:05.8
2016 Lexus GS F, 3:05.9
2020 Cadillac CT4-V, 3:06.2
2021 Acura TLX Type-S SH-AWD, 3:06.7
2019 Genesis G70 3.3T Dynamic, 3:07.3
2019 Hyundai Veloster N Performance Package, 3:07.7
2021 Toyota Supra 2.0, 3:09.0
2015 Subaru WRX STI, 3:10.5
2015 Audi S3, 3:11.3
2018 Subaru WRX Performance Package, 3:11.5
2018 Kia Stinger GT, 3:11.6

2022 Toyota GR86 Premium, 3:11.8
2022 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn, 3:12.1

I thought it would be closer to 3:10 and be around the likes of a Kia Stinger GT, GTI, WRX. It sure surprised me that it actually beat both the G70 and Stinger, as well as the highly rated Veloster N that has a better power to weight ratio (11.2lb/hp) with the same PZ4 tires.

Shame about the overheating brakes but from experience that sounds like an easy fix with a set of more aggressive track pads (more aggressive than some crappy dealer installed ones), Castrol SRF brake fluid, and perhaps some Girodisc brake rotors. I think that's a much easier "fix" than what's going on with that Lexus IS500 and its overheating transmission despite having a transmission cooler already. That sounds a lot more involved.
The following 5 users liked this post by iforyou:
BOWA41 (02-14-2022), Legend2TL (02-09-2022), norsairius (02-09-2022), one4all (02-11-2022), WTF.Acura (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 08:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by iforyou

I thought the TLX-S did better than I expected given its 11.8lb/hp power to weight ratio. That's by far the worst in class.

2020 BMW M340i, 3:03.2
2018 Audi RS5, 3:03.9
2022 Lexus IS500 F Sport, 3:04.9
2017 Audi RS3, 3:05.6

Well, look at that. Win, place, show, 4th
Old 02-08-2022, 09:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out. Pretty impressive to be within 1.1 seconds of the RS3!
The following 3 users liked this post by F23A4:
norsairius (02-09-2022), richii0207 (02-11-2022), WTF.Acura (02-09-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 10:19 PM
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts
Really? Are you really, seriously going there? A family sedan running touring all-season tires with regular single-piston calipers and zero pretensions of performance-anything. That's the TLX-S's claim to fame, that it can beat the Accord by nearly 12secs (the same amount the CT4V-BW beats the Type-S by)?

Absurdly embarrassing counterpoints aside, the reason I love to give the Type-S some flak is apparent in the comments section of these cars. From its onset, this car was marketed around tracks. It was seen doing fake power slides around turns. Press launch at Laguna Seca, complete with a fixed race against an S4. And the fanboys ate it up. 'When Honda tries, nobody can match their engines!' 'y0, with SHAWDy, this thing is going to handle like it's on rails!' Then it came out that it was the heaviest, slowest, biggest without being bigger inside car in the entire segment. Did the fanboys repeal? Nope, they doubled down. They fell back on the tried and true 'long-term reliability' excuse (thank God it isn't fuel efficient, or they'd jump on that excuse too), while they signed their 4yr lease agreement. It's delusional and precisely why we won't be seeing anything great from Acura for a long time now that the NSX is axed. You have apologists still defending what is unequivocally a mediocre effort. Is it a good daily? Absolutely. But to defend it after everything it was supposed to be? Fuck no.

To prove my point, look at the comments on the Type-S on C&D's Lightning Lap.

You can't make up this level of stupid. Personally, I wasn't impressed with the IS500's time either, but despite it also being marketed on a track, we were told it wasn't going to be as aggressive as a true F-car. Regardless, it still beats the Type-S in every performance metric and also in the reliability and build quality aspect. Type-S has AWD and space advantage. But, you don't have nearly as many delusional seagulls-from-Finding-Nemo singing praises disguised as excuses:

All these negative comments, and it still beat the Type-S. So the TLX-S isn't the only car that catches hate. If anything, the lack of negative comments on the TLX-S tells me people outside of the Honda/Acura circle don't really care about the car whatsoever.
So some people like the fact that the Type S did "OK" despite its dismal power to weight ratio compared to other cars, but you think that's stupid and delusional because it cannot beat cars that cost more than it does as you were misled by the Acura teaser video of it. Therefore anything positive said must automatically trigger a negative response by you in order to put "fanboys" down in an Acura fan forum.

That's a very interesting viewpoint to have.

I mean, I get it. If those fanboys started posting "TLX-S is king" on a BMW/Audi forum and started bashing cars of those makes, then that's really annoying so you should put those people in their place. I mean, who wants some idiot who doesn't even own the car talk shit about their cars on those fan forums, right? Isn't that so annoying? Those people need a life!

At the end of the day, I think you just want Acura to do better, and so do I. But you sure have an interesting way of showing it.
Old 02-08-2022, 11:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
Audi (15), BMW (17) and MB (23) out of 28 for CR's overall brand reliability so they're still middle to bottom. While Lexus (1) and Toyota (3) rule, with Honda (6) and Acura (8) in the top ten.
Cost of routine maintenance for the Type-S will be about the same as the 4 cylinder, same oil filter and I'm guessing about a quart more oil.
I also guess the Type-S will be typical Acura being less than the German for routine maintenance other than tire cost.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...vs/6385214001/
This showed up in my mail box today in CR. Interesting comparison to the list they had in USA Today. But since the CR report has been posted in support of the car might as well post one current from today.

Amazing difference in the reliability list & the "I like my car" lists rankings. I know for a fact I would not like an unreliable car. Don't you think people hate reliable cars & love unreliable cars is strange? Can't really comment on this because its so weird, but a lot of people are reading it today.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 02-08-2022 at 11:12 PM.
leomio2.0 (02-09-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 12:15 AM
Burning Brakes

the CR report has been posted in support of the car might as well post one current from today.

Amazing difference in the reliability list & the "I like my car" lists rankings. I know for a fact I would not like an unreliable car. Don't you think people hate reliable cars & love unreliable cars is strange? Can't really comment on this because its so weird, but a lot of people are reading it today.
Interesting, thanks. Yes, I guess people's feelings rule them in strange ways.

So, you find your current car's make and see how it did.

Looks like maybe we should all just go buy expensive Teslas (and accept the styling and comfort as good-enough).
Porsche I get. Looks like Genesis fanboys answer CR polls.
Dodge/Ram/Chrysler ... just wow ... who knew?

But seriously ... BMW did good in important categories.

Last edited by Tesla1856; 02-09-2022 at 12:19 AM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: Type S C&D Lightning Lap