Received 164 Likes on 78 Posts
That Apex Blue looks stunning! Congrats on the new ride and enjoy it
The following users liked this post:
bilirubin (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 04:46 PM
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by bilirubin
Thanks for the advice everyone. Panel gaps were all good, puddle lights worked, and did a 3-foot look over the paint and everything seems fine! Gonna get a PPF and tint done next. Also black chrome emblems on its way.
Man I do like that blue. But dang I'm torn because I don't want a color that's easy to spot on the road...cops-n-all.
The following 2 users liked this post by dr/owned:
bilirubin (03-31-2022), MarcoTLX (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 08:23 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 364 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by dr/owned
Man I do like that blue. But dang I'm torn because I don't want a color that's easy to spot on the road...cops-n-all.
thats one of the thoughts in the back of my head with Tiger Eye Pearl… which is why Modern Steel Gray is my 2nd option but I know I would regret not getting TEP color
Old 03-31-2022, 02:43 PM
Family Hauler

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
thats one of the thoughts in the back of my head with Tiger Eye Pearl… which is why Modern Steel Gray is my 2nd option but I know I would regret not getting TEP color

MarcoTLX (03-31-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 04:15 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caLiTLX

You trying to get me to go to the darkside I see lol I love that color but I love Tiger Eye just a bit more… speaking of…

Spoke to a salesman at Duncan Acura way out in VA and he told me he will be doing straight MSRP deal on the Type-S and will be looking into some more details about what they have coming in but he told me no later than mid-late Summer. I will see if Radley Acura can beat that and if so I’ll continue with buying through them. Either way I’ll be puttering about in a very cheap rental for a minute.

Last edited by MarcoTLX; 03-31-2022 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:50 PM
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by TypeS22
Just enjoy the car. The more u look for imperfections the more you’ll be disappointed. My puddle lights stopped working 4 days after owning it. To this day 5 months later they are still not working. I can careless and not in a hurry to fix. the Pros way out way the cons on this car. I would look for what accessories to put on it. Thats what i did.
My driver side puddle light stopped working after about a week or two but passenger side still works months later.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Waiting for mine to come in. I see other dealerships with the exact combo I want in transit to them. I may need to cancel my order if I don't hear anything soon, and go with a dealership who isn't trying to go $5k+ ADM.
Old 07-05-2022, 11:34 AM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts
That's a beautiful color!
Old 07-07-2022, 07:26 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Acura of the Desert - Cathedral City, CA

Just picked up my Apex Blue Pearl with white interior on July 4th. Ordered it with a $1000 deposit in March. Orginally thought it would be hear in late May. Got notice that it was completed and the VIN on June 1st. Took about 1 month to get to the dealership. Best part was MSRP, no markup at all. In fact, no mandatory accessories or anything. Great to work with. Highly recommeded.
The following 3 users liked this post by dcrandon:
BBRL (10-22-2022), LinuxRacr (07-09-2022), zendrive (02-22-2023)
Old 08-03-2022, 07:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 20 Posts
New Jersey here. Dealer had a Tiger Eye Pearl with Orchid interior w/ Performance wheels/Tires on the showroom floor. 4 total miles on the ODO. Did about 2% off MSRP, so I jumped at the deal. They made me purchase some bullshit "protection" package - all weather mats and trunk tray ect. Didn't want it but they're actually pretty dope because they're all Type S branded. So I was happy. Car in this color/trim is so unique, I absolutely love it and I think given the market, I found an ok deal overall.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:10 PM
2021 TLX Type S

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Congrats ! Great color . That's the color I wanted but because of the circumstances of availability I ended up with a black one with red interior. Not my preference but still not a bad combination. Payed sticker price with no extras added.
h0ckeyman (08-03-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 08:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by randb23
Congrats ! Great color . That's the color I wanted but because of the circumstances of availability I ended up with a black one with red interior. Not my preference but still not a bad combination. Payed sticker price with no extras added.
I've had many cars in my day - I would say about 8 out of every 10 of them were black. Can never go wrong with black. With the lines and angles this car has, the black must look incredible in person.
randb23 (08-03-2022)
Old 10-21-2022, 03:06 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Seattle. I was looking for typeS for couple of months but no allocations available. Ones already coming were all with $4k ADM and $2k in packages.

Turns out there is one dealership here that never does ADM and luckily they got a cancellation on a black/red typeS. Jumped on it and picked it up today. MSRP + ok "protection" package.
ELIN (10-21-2022)
Old 10-21-2022, 03:20 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Seattle. I was looking for a typeS for couple of months but no allocations available. Ones already coming were all with $4k ADM and $2k in packages.

Turns out there is one dealership here that never does ADM and luckily they got a cancellation on a black/red typeS. Jumped on it and picked it up today. MSRP + ok "protection" package.

+1 to recent posts on a black color. Can't go wrong with it, especially with red interior and typeS accents. For me its a second black car, after 3 white ones in the middle )
Pens Fan (10-22-2022)
Old 01-08-2023, 10:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Just picked up a 2023 from Naperville. Placed order in July of 22. MSRP for the order. I initially ordered a metallic grey one, but they offered up a white one that was in transit and I decided to get it. Gorgeous car, such a pleasure to drive. By and large, dealership was good to work with. Finance hustled a lot on me, but I got them to take 1/2 off the 100k warranty package. Got both the paint and wheel warranties as well.
The following 2 users liked this post by Daedaliss:
BBRL (01-11-2023), MarcoTLX (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 09:03 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 540 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Daedaliss
Just picked up a 2023 from Naperville. Placed order in July of 22. MSRP for the order. I initially ordered a metallic grey one, but they offered up a white one that was in transit and I decided to get it. Gorgeous car, such a pleasure to drive. By and large, dealership was good to work with. Finance hustled a lot on me, but I got them to take 1/2 off the 100k warranty package. Got both the paint and wheel warranties as well.
Advantage Acura?

Thats where I bought my Type S and go for service. When you go in for service ask for Rick Pennington. He will make sure you’re taken care of and answer any questions you may have. 😎

If you’re looking to add on a Ceramic Coating, tints and/or paint protection film give Brightons Auto Detailing a call. They’re located about 10 -15 minutes from the dealership and do fantastic work. Located on Route 59 in Iron Gate just off of i88. I’ve had 2 other Type S owners on this forum take my advice and they have all been extremely happy.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:13 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
Advantage Acura?

Thats where I bought my Type S and go for service. When you go in for service ask for Rick Pennington. He will make sure you’re taken care of and answer any questions you may have. 😎

If you’re looking to add on a Ceramic Coating, tints and/or paint protection film give Brightons Auto Detailing a call. They’re located about 10 -15 minutes from the dealership and do fantastic work. Located on Route 59 in Iron Gate just off of i88. I’ve had 2 other Type S owners on this forum take my advice and they have all been extremely happy.
Yup, Advantage. Worked with Abe Crump in sales. Thank you for the tip, hope I can take advantage of it. I had to come in from out of state, so not sure just yet how I will go about getting service to the car.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:25 AM
AZ Community Team

Yup, Advantage. Worked with Abe Crump in sales. Thank you for the tip, hope I can take advantage of it. I had to come in from out of state, so not sure just yet how I will go about getting service to the car.
Ah, I gotcha!

I have spoken with Abe Crump. He’s a very nice guy. My purchase was through Micah Osbron whom was also really great to work with. They have a great group there.

How far of a drive is it from your home?
Daedaliss (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 09:31 AM
Cruisin'

Ah, I gotcha!

I have spoken with Abe Crump. He’s a very nice guy. My purchase was through Micah Osbron whom was also really great to work with. They have a great group there.

How far of a drive is it from your home?
Couple hundred miles, I'm in Eastern Iowa. Yeah, I was pleased with the customer service I got there - they seem like a pretty sharp group of folks. My tech training professional was good at showing us the ropes of how to use the car (which tbh was needed, as my ride before this was a 05' TL, so LOTS of changes compared to what I am used to). Finance was a bit pushy about warranties, but that is how they make their money so I won't overly fault them on that. Plus, he did come down by ~ 40% on warranty prices. Overall was a pleasant experience.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:38 AM
AZ Community Team

Couple hundred miles, I'm in Eastern Iowa. Yeah, I was pleased with the customer service I got there - they seem like a pretty sharp group of folks. My tech training professional was good at showing us the ropes of how to use the car (which tbh was needed, as my ride before this was a 05' TL, so LOTS of changes compared to what I am used to). Finance was a bit pushy about warranties, but that is how they make their money so I won't overly fault them on that. Plus, he did come down by ~ 40% on warranty prices. Overall was a pleasant experience.
is the warranty an Acura warranty or specific to this dealership?
Old 01-09-2023, 09:39 AM
Cruisin'

is the warranty an Acura warranty or specific to this dealership?
3rd party - Ally warranty (8yr/100k bumper to bumper), Ally (5 year wheel & tire), and a body/paint 5 yr warranty
Old 01-09-2023, 10:20 AM
AZ Community Team

3rd party - Ally warranty (8yr/100k bumper to bumper), Ally (5 year wheel & tire), and a body/paint 5 yr warranty
Not too bad.

There should be an Acura dealer closer to your home. I wouldn’t drive hundreds of miles for service unless I was forced to do so because of the extended warranty terms or something else. It’s a lot to ask as it’s several hours each way.

You could always move here though. That’ll solve that problem. 🤣
Old 01-10-2023, 09:35 PM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I also bought mine from Advantage and worked with Abe as well. Bought my 06' TL there when it was still under Continental.
KrylonBlue (01-10-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 12:45 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by TigerEye
I also bought mine from Advantage and worked with Abe as well. Bought my 06' TL there when it was still under Continental.
When I was in the market for an Acura back in 2011 I contacted Advantage Acura (at the time Continental) and spoke with Abe. I ended up buying from McGrath because my friends father used to work there and set me up with his buddy who made the sale painless. However, had that not have happened, I was going to continue on with Abe.

I was half expecting to work with Abe when I bought my 2019 TLX ASPEC but Micah was the first one to greet me and I loved his professionalism and stuck with him. Because of that experience when the Type S were going up for preorder I called Micah and he made this process easy. But then again, I also am the easiest sale ever, haha.
MarcoTLX (01-18-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 02:10 PM
6th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
No inventory or pricing issues that I could tell. Most colors/combos available (except Tiger Eye) and MSRP pricing or just under, within 100-150 miles anyway. Upstate NY.
MarcoTLX (02-16-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 06:15 PM
CR2
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by crimeariver
Seattle. I was looking for typeS for couple of months but no allocations available. Ones already coming were all with $4k ADM and $2k in packages.

I was considering a Type-S to upgrade my '16 TLX, though I'm not yet completely sold on the Type-S as I feel Acura held back on the engine performance - maybe that gets fixed in '24. Anyway, I probed a couple dealers here in NH and MA. Two were willing to consider straight MSRP and one actually offered to sell it $1000 under MSRP. Patience is key for those in the market, inventories of Type-S will begin stacking up on dealer lots, no reason to pay an inflated price for an Acura/Honda.
The following 2 users liked this post by CR2:
DubPK (02-17-2023), MarcoTLX (02-16-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 12:37 AM
Instructor

Received 337 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by CR2
I was considering a Type-S to upgrade my '16 TLX, though I'm not yet completely sold on the Type-S as I feel Acura held back on the engine performance - maybe that gets fixed in '24. Anyway, I probed a couple dealers here in NH and MA. Two were willing to consider straight MSRP and one actually offered to sell it $1000 under MSRP. Patience is key for those in the market, inventories of Type-S will begin stacking up on dealer lots, no reason to pay an inflated price for an Acura/Honda.
Got mine for MSRP and while they wouldn't budge on price they did throw in a few accessories (heated wheel and illuminated sills). Patience is definitely key, don't get ripped off. As for performance, don't expect an engine change in the MMC or a different tune. I can all but guarantee this is the last V6 Honda ever designs for a consumer vehicle. Electric is the future. Tune results look promising if power is that big of a concern, Honda/Acura definitely held back for reliability reasons presumably as the Type S isn't supposed to be a balls to the wall sort of performance car, it's always historically been just the more sportier version of their existing products and the TLX/MDX implementations are probably the best ever for the badge. They aren't going to push the drivetrain to its maximum potential because they don't want to damage their reputation for reliable vehicles and they know enthusiasts will just tune it to get the most out of it on their own if they care that much.
MarcoTLX (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 08:13 AM
CR2
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DubPK
Got mine for MSRP and while they wouldn't budge on price they did throw in a few accessories (heated wheel and illuminated sills). Patience is definitely key, don't get ripped off. As for performance, don't expect an engine change in the MMC or a different tune. I can all but guarantee this is the last V6 Honda ever designs for a consumer vehicle. Electric is the future. Tune results look promising if power is that big of a concern, Honda/Acura definitely held back for reliability reasons presumably as the Type S isn't supposed to be a balls to the wall sort of performance car, it's always historically been just the more sportier version of their existing products and the TLX/MDX implementations are probably the best ever for the badge. They aren't going to push the drivetrain to its maximum potential because they don't want to damage their reputation for reliable vehicles and they know enthusiasts will just tune it to get the most out of it on their own if they care that much.
Well said and all very true. Particularly the note about a V6. Sad but true, engineers at car companies aren't sitting around designing the next greatest gasoline engine. For gearheads there's probably only a couple years left of being able to grab a premium 6 cylinder. We saw the downsizing begin with the trend towards 4 turbos, the final step will be all electric. My how the world has changed...
MarcoTLX (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 08:29 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CR2
Well said and all very true. Particularly the note about a V6. Sad but true, engineers at car companies aren't sitting around designing the next greatest gasoline engine. For gearheads there's probably only a couple years left of being able to grab a premium 6 cylinder. We saw the downsizing begin with the trend towards 4 turbos, the final step will be all electric. My how the world has changed...
Yep, exactly why I bought a TLX-S and for at least one time in my life a brand new car. Wanted a good ICE send off that should last me until something electric in the future convinces me its time.
Old 02-22-2023, 06:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Cardinale Way Acura - Las Vegas

Here's the sales tactic’s going on in Las Vegas at Cardinale Way Acura.

allowed two test drives.

Offered MSRP +$2000 out the door, cash.

Their price:

$2190 protection package
$10000 market adjustment
$999 document fee
Destination charge

The real kicker was what happened when I offered cash.

“We will sell it to you with the protection package and $2000 over MSRP but only if you finance it. You can pay it off in 3 months."

They wouldn't entertain my offer. I wouldn’t entertain theirs. Red TLX Type S on the showroom floor on 2/4/23. I can’t recall if it had the summer tires/Y spokes.

It’s important to realize that they always say their “doc fee is non-negotiable.”

I’m a third time buyer and have referred many people to this dealership over the years. Now I can honestly say buyer beware.
The following 2 users liked this post by zendrive:
ELIN (02-23-2023), MarcoTLX (02-22-2023)
Old 02-23-2023, 12:38 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by zendrive
Here's the sales tactic’s going on in Las Vegas at Cardinale Way Acura.

allowed two test drives.

Offered MSRP +$2000 out the door, cash.

Their price:

$2190 protection package
$10000 market adjustment
$999 document fee
Destination charge

The real kicker was what happened when I offered cash.

“We will sell it to you with the protection package and $2000 over MSRP but only if you finance it. You can pay it off in 3 months."

They wouldn't entertain my offer. I wouldn’t entertain theirs. Red TLX Type S on the showroom floor on 2/4/23. I can’t recall if it had the summer tires/Y spokes.

It’s important to realize that they always say their “doc fee is non-negotiable.”

I’m a third time buyer and have referred many people to this dealership over the years. Now I can honestly say buyer beware.
Try sourcing through a dealer up north in the midwest like Minneapolis, sedans are even less popular up there because everyone thinks they need a pickup or suv to handle some snow on the road, you'll get MSRP and then some. You might need to drive it a long ways home but hey that's not a bad thing necessarily.

Last edited by DubPK; 02-23-2023 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-23-2023, 07:28 AM
CR2
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DubPK
Try sourcing through a dealer up north in the midwest like Minneapolis, sedans are even less popular up there because everyone thinks they need a pickup or suv to handle some snow on the road, you'll get MSRP and then some. You might need to drive it a long ways home but hey that's not a bad thing necessarily.
To that point, we have Type-S's sitting out here in New England showrooms for months at MSRP. You could buy a car anywhere in the US, and just have it shipped to you for $1200 or so.

Old 02-23-2023, 05:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I just got my Type-S last week here in Northern California for $500 under MSRP. Great dealer experience at Acura of Fremont! Ask for Jon Do.
Old 02-23-2023, 06:47 PM
2021 TLX Type S

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
I took my car in for service a week ago. Smithtown Acura in Long Island, New York and I went to their showroom . They had 3 Tlx type s and 3 mdx type s in stock. I saw my salesperson Mr. John Schepp and he told me they were all selling for sticker price. No mark-up.
Old 02-26-2023, 10:55 AM
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 23 Posts
Just Bought A New 2023 TLX Type S

Been gone for awhile raising kids. Former owner of a 2013 MDX SHAWD and a 2013 TL SHAWD. Kids are now older, one off to college last year and the other is off to college next year so back seat space is no longer such an issue. I have one kid is 6’5” and the other is 6’1” and still growing. In 2017 I traded my 2013 TL SHAWD for a Tundra Crewmax for back seat space. Well, the wife hit a tree with the Tundra last April and with zero inventory available for the carmakers, I ended up buying a 2022 Avalon Limited. The Avalon was surprisingly nice, very similar ride quality, size and power as our LS460. The Avalon had plenty of HP for what it was but just not much for handling and engagement. I started looking at the usual suspects (M340, Type S, S4, G70) about a month ago, drove them all and I just felt most at home in the Type S. I love driving, live in an area with lots of twisty back roads and have missed my TL for 6 years. Lol. I’m thrilled to be back!

My local Acura dealer (I purchased my TL and MDX from them) has always been fair. They sold me the Type S at sticker with zero add ons. They hit it out of the park on my Avalon trade number, by the time I added in the tax savings from the trade it cost me a few bucks north of $4,500 to drive the Avalon 11 months (18K miles). I personally feel really good about the deal.

If anyone is looking for a used Avalon Limited for some reason (I know lol), you won’t find one in nicer shape or better cared for mechanically than mine. It has every option, Harbor Mist exterior, Cognac interior.

Here’s my new TLX. I wanted Black, Red or Tiger Eye. The Red was available soonest so I grabbed it. I think they all look great tho.

Last edited by WNY PAT; 02-26-2023 at 11:10 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by WNY PAT:
a35tl (02-28-2023), MarcoTLX (02-26-2023), Pens Fan (03-02-2023)
Old 02-26-2023, 11:29 AM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WNY PAT
Been gone for awhile raising kids. Former owner of a 2013 MDX SHAWD and a 2013 TL SHAWD. Kids are now older, one off to college last year and the other is off to college next year so back seat space is no longer such an issue. I have one kid is 6’5” and the other is 6’1” and still growing. In 2017 I traded my 2013 TL SHAWD for a Tundra Crewmax for back seat space. Well, the wife hit a tree with the Tundra last April and with zero inventory available for the carmakers, I ended up buying a 2022 Avalon Limited. The Avalon was surprisingly nice, very similar ride quality, size and power as our LS460. The Avalon had plenty of HP for what it was but just not much for handling and engagement. I started looking at the usual suspects (M340, Type S, S4, G70) about a month ago, drove them all and I just felt most at home in the Type S. I love driving, live in an area with lots of twisty back roads and have missed my TL for 6 years. Lol. I’m thrilled to be back!

My local Acura dealer (I purchased my TL and MDX from them) has always been fair. They sold me the Type S at sticker with zero add ons. They hit it out of the park on my Avalon trade number, by the time I added in the tax savings from the trade it cost me a few bucks north of $4,500 to drive the Avalon 11 months (18K miles). I personally feel really good about the deal.

If anyone is looking for a used Avalon Limited for some reason (I know lol), you won’t find one in nicer shape or better cared for mechanically than mine. It has every option, Harbor Mist exterior, Cognac interior.

Here’s my new TLX. I wanted Black, Red or Tiger Eye. The Red was available soonest so I grabbed it. I think they all look great tho.

GORGEOUS Congrats on the TLX Type-S!! I have Performance Red Pearl too and its a really striking color!! I hope you prepared for the attention you'll get with the car! lol This color goes well with the Multi-Spoke wheels and the NSX Wheels too!
WNY PAT (02-26-2023)
Old 02-26-2023, 02:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
GORGEOUS Congrats on the TLX Type-S!! I have Performance Red Pearl too and its a really striking color!! I hope you prepared for the attention you'll get with the car! lol This color goes well with the Multi-Spoke wheels and the NSX Wheels too!
Thx! Can’t wait to break it in a little. It had 1 mile on the odo when I left for the test drive. Lol. With the crappy weather this weekend, it’s been sitting in the garage since I got it Friday afternoon. I have zero driving impressions yet - it’s only about 9 miles to the dealer from my house. Looks great sitting in the garage too!
MarcoTLX (02-26-2023)
Old 02-26-2023, 04:00 PM
Family Hauler

Performance Red is stunning! Congrats on your purchase and welcome back!
The following 2 users liked this post by caLiTLX:
MarcoTLX (02-26-2023), WNY PAT (02-26-2023)
Old 02-27-2023, 09:53 AM
Drifting

Received 566 Likes on 365 Posts
Beautiful car in a great color. We have a PRP Integra -- wait until you see that color light up in bright sun!

After you've had a chance to put some miles on it, do let us know your impressions. I'm particularly interested in how you compare it to your 4G TL.

Congrats on the pickup.
The following 2 users liked this post by JM2010 SH-AWD:
MarcoTLX (02-27-2023), WNY PAT (02-28-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 05:37 PM
Instructor

Venting:

I drove the car a bit between snowy weather systems that moved through the last 2 weeks. The new car has a few hundred miles on it and someone already scuffed up my front bumper. Nothing bad, definitely could have been a lot worse, but it’ll need to get a bit of touch up paint and some 3000 grit sandpaper to make it disappear. I’m so careful about parking it too. Looks like someone thought they had enough space to clear the bumper on a sharp turn but didn’t. The perils of working in the city and parking in a parking garage I guess. Grrrr
The following 2 users liked this post by WNY PAT:
JM2010 SH-AWD (03-13-2023), MarcoTLX (03-11-2023)

Quick Reply: Official TLX Type S Dealer experience + MSRP/ADM thread