Acura TLX Type-S PMC Edition - Official Reveal

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 09:56 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,126 Likes on 2,564 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
Didn't realize it was necessary to specify that comments sections are comments from readers. Are there any comment sections that are not for comments from the audience? Seems awfully redundant to call out that out.
It's very simple to understand, C&D writers/editors make comments on particular vehicles in their articles quite often, so do their readers hence the reason to distinguish the difference between the media and their reader's comments.
The following users liked this post:
richii0207 (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 10:00 AM
Drifting

Received 1,237 Likes on 895 Posts
Originally Posted by richii0207
It would’ve been nice to have a LBB in a base Type S model without paying a premium for the bells and whistles of CF and body kit package.

What type of issues did you have with the light interior? I don’t have much experience first-hand with white Milano leather. I was a bit worried with jeans staining them but luckily I use scrubs for work. I see that users are noticing fade already in their red leather but so far nothing on the white interior.
White is one of the toughest colors to keep clean (especially if you have young kids). Does Acura only want to sell this PMC to middle-aged or retired folk?

No fade in my red interior but my car is mostly garaged.
richii0207 (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 10:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Originally Posted by Honda430
It’s like damn they’re building 300 of a car that there’s obviously a market for. Can’t understand why so many people are so jerky about this. As to price, I and others have walked through this, if you were inclined to put the list of accessories on your Type S the MSRP would be $60.4K US without taking into consideration the carbon fiber front lip that would probably add another $800 to the cost. Even if the cost comes in at $64K I’d be hard pressed to say it was anywhere near a rip off. Granted for those folks that abhor appearance packages I completely understand why they see it as a waste. However, for those folks who want a unique ride it could be viewed in some ways as a bargain. Have you seen the way some folks have modded their Type S? I’ve seen photos with what I have to guess are a $10K set of rims.
I get it ... and don't forget they make a sizable profit on those added appearance options you get from the dealer. But, that still doesn't discount my point that for 100 units per color, being released on three separate dates, being done thru reservations, it's absurd that you can't pick at least the interior color choice.

I mean, just look at this precision craftswoman in her lab coat assembling the interior at the PMC plant. Acura couldn't figure out the logistics of having other color interior on hand to be put in 100 cars to be built during a month period? The only real color that would be "difficult" would be the blue, since it goes with everything. If you got the Curva Red with red interior, you should be admitted into an insane asylum. The P130R White with Orchid (though my favorite interior color) just looks weird (this is what I test drove the base Type-S in), seeing as the Orchid is an off-white. Long Beach Blue ... my guess is the most popular colors would be the Orchid then Red interiors.

And just to piss off the defenders, go over to BMW and see how many options you get for interiors on assembly-line built, run-of-the-mill M340i's. I'll save you the time ... it's 9 different interiors choices (though only 5 different actual colors). S4 has 7 different options (3 different colors, rest are different stitching).

You're building ultra-limited, hand built units and you can't even give the option of other color interiors despite offering them in the standard line-up. Yea, I'm not folding on this. If they can't figure this out, Acura absolutely sucks at cars. It's likely the same reason Honda is getting their absolute shit kicked in worse than any other manufacturer with the chip shortage.

You said:

Then I provided some comments that clear show that they did. I had to cherry pick the comments that talked about engine size or pricing. How else am I going to prove my point?
Yes, but your initial point was ...

Those people complain about everything too. Jump to the Corolla GR comment section and it’s full of complainers there as well. Some people are never happy. 🤷‍♂️
Kind of odd that multiple users are interested in C&D comment sections all of sudden…
So you admit that you have to cherry pick a minutia of negative comments, meanwhile, the negativity towards the TLX Type-S PMC (and even non-Type-S) are abundant from the C&D readercomments. Heck, the one comment you posted about the GR Corolla taking the Evo's spot as WRX's main competition has more positive overtones than anything. Between the two comment sections, the difference in overall tone is stark.

Heck, I remember the new CTR reveal the comments were mainly positive, with the caveat of everyone berating the scumbag dealers who are undoubtedly going to rape whatever sticker price Honda puts on it. That and a lot of people didn't like the rear wing (I'm personally a fan). There's never going to be a comment section 100% positive (even the C8 Z06 some idiot was screaming that the flat plane V8 was a stupid idea and it won't last 30k miles), but you can gauge when people are mostly positive or negative towards a particular product.
Old 10-07-2022, 10:05 AM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
just to give you my perspective, I think Germans make great cars but I am just too hesitant to buy one. I really don't trust their reliability. But I test drove in June 2022 the M340i. I will be honest it's an amazing machine, it has more than 385HP for sure. It's a rocket lol!

but handling wise, I liked the TYPE S and I believe the comfort level in TYPE S is also superior. M340i is just a fast machine.
Your feedback on the M340 is what most are reporting, but most magazines are still calling it the best handler in the class along with the Cadillac as well so IDK, maybe they dont consider TLX in same class. I did test drive the Type S around this time last year. Was able to get an S4 right after and I think the TLX was the better car, but didnt feel as fast. My issue I had with the Type s it felt hyped up on initial acceleration or iddle but quickly ran out of speed. I didnt get that push you into the seat feel because the power delivery is so linear. The car was Apex blue and the dealer had it ceramic coated and man was it a looker. It had the Orchid seats which I like the color theme especially on the PMC with blue stiching, but cleaning would be a nightmare I would imagine.

I personally would be driving an S5 now, but I too are worried about problems that are usally associated with German cars. Too be honest though reliability is no longer a sell when 75% of cars these days are only as good as their electronics, which can be a crap shoot for any brand. Im going into this with the mentality if it hits the right buttons do it, deal with anything else that may or may not happen latter.
The following 3 users liked this post by MIKEYDRED:
ELIN (10-07-2022), richii0207 (10-07-2022), Tony Pac (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 10:14 AM
Pro

Received 539 Likes on 264 Posts
Maybe you should take some time to read all the comments instead of a "quick glance" because you seemed to have skipped over the 25 or so positive commenters to cherry pick your 5 negative ones.
No matter what the comments say, good or bad, $51K for the Corolla is completely bonkers and dealers will also mark them up.
The following 3 users liked this post by dmski:
MarcoTLX (10-07-2022), richii0207 (10-07-2022), Tony Pac (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 10:54 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,594 Likes on 958 Posts
Originally Posted by MIKEYDRED
Your feedback on the M340 is what most are reporting, but most magazines are still calling it the best handler in the class along with the Cadillac as well so IDK, maybe they dont consider TLX in same class. I did test drive the Type S around this time last year. Was able to get an S4 right after and I think the TLX was the better car, but didnt feel as fast. My issue I had with the Type s it felt hyped up on initial acceleration or iddle but quickly ran out of speed. I didnt get that push you into the seat feel because the power delivery is so linear. The car was Apex blue and the dealer had it ceramic coated and man was it a looker. It had the Orchid seats which I like the color theme especially on the PMC with blue stiching, but cleaning would be a nightmare I would imagine.

I personally would be driving an S5 now, but I too are worried about problems that are usally associated with German cars. Too be honest though reliability is no longer a sell when 75% of cars these days are only as good as their electronics, which can be a crap shoot for any brand. Im going into this with the mentality if it hits the right buttons do it, deal with anything else that may or may not happen latter.

Well said and I agree with you. At the end of the day, it's a personal preference too. I never drove a S4 for an extended period of time to judge but I have I find M340i is a great car. Again, handling, I give it to TYPE S. Especially, around the corners and curvy roads. It feels so amazing and safe.

Old 10-07-2022, 10:57 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by dmski
No matter what the comments say, good or bad, $51K for the Corolla is completely bonkers and dealers will also mark them up.
I wanted to agree with you but this is not the right platform to agree with someone who brings facts and speaks the truth. Our true enthusiasts of the forum will be upset. The Corolla is worth $60K actually and the TYPE S $45K. And still Acura failed to give the TYPE S HUD. So, I think the Corolla is a superior product than TYPE S and should cost at least $10K more

After all, it's a Corolla...c'mon! What's $50K lol!
richii0207 (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 11:15 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,426 Likes on 1,876 Posts
Originally Posted by dmski
$51K is for the track focused limited edition Morizo Edition of which there will only be 200 of. Might as well claim that the STI was overpriced because the S209 special edition was $64K, or that the RC-F was overpriced because the Track Edition is $98K. The "regular" GRC that everyone will be getting is $37K. That's not a bad price at all for a 300hp AWD hot hatch.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:20 AM
Drifting

Folks who have an issue with a $51k Corolla should also have an issue with a $65k TLX Type S PMC. Otherwise, it's the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyone else pick up on the "low to mid $60,000" pricing on the reservation site?
The following 2 users liked this post by ELIN:
leomio2.0 (10-10-2022), MarcoTLX (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 11:35 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ELIN
Folks who have an issue with a $51k Corolla should also have an issue with a $65k TLX Type S PMC. Otherwise, it's the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyone else pick up on the "low to mid $60,000" pricing on the reservation site?
<Acura Stan>
I for one an appalled that Honda is trying to sell a 200hp Civic Si for $55K. Man, the Civic Si is such a ripoff; the Integra is way better. Acura is on fire! At $37K it's a steal compared to $55k for a Civic.
</Acura Stan>

Did I do that right?
Old 10-07-2022, 12:53 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio2.0
I get it ... and don't forget they make a sizable profit on those added appearance options you get from the dealer. But, that still doesn't discount my point that for 100 units per color, being released on three separate dates, being done thru reservations, it's absurd that you can't pick at least the interior color choice.
The first time you noted this I considered it a bit petty. Then I thought about it and I now agree with you. They're pretty much building the damn car to spec so giving the buyer the choice between the three available interior colors would seem like a very easy thing to accommodate. In addition barring some capacity limitations in the PMC shop why only build 300 cars. I actually think there's a market for a tricked out carefully built Type S with high quality paint. I can't see there being a real collectors market for the car so why not make 1,500 of them and bring down the overall manufacturing cost somewhat.
leomio2.0 (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 01:18 PM
Safety Car

The first time you noted this I considered it a bit petty. Then I thought about it and I now agree with you. They're pretty much building the damn car to spec so giving the buyer the choice between the three available interior colors would seem like a very easy thing to accommodate. In addition barring some capacity limitations in the PMC shop why only build 300 cars. I actually think there's a market for a tricked out carefully built Type S with high quality paint. I can't see there being a real collectors market for the car so why not make 1,500 of them and bring down the overall manufacturing cost somewhat.
Maybe they were contractually obligated to build X number of cars each year out of their PMC operation. Kind of like how Sony had to come out with a Spiderman movie every 5 years or else the rights would revert back to Marvel/Disney.
The following 2 users liked this post by fiatlux:
bilirubin (10-08-2022), MarcoTLX (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 03:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Yea, 300 is an insanely small number, especially spread out between three different launches during three separate months. So, per month they're only building 100 cars. Just for reference, Ferrari builds, on average, about 7x more than that a month. Yes, the operation is a bit larger, but so are the projects, which are far more individualized and intricate. We're talking about two additional interior colors which are simply work orders to order specific colors from Acura and have them installed ... seats, door trim and dash trim.

And heck, why not be able to mix and match while we're at it. These are all already available, it's simply about installing them. For 100 builds a month, I don't see why not. Again, it would allow for some customization and added uniqueness ... it would make the overall buying experience feel more premium and exclusive.

And hey, while we're at it, add the option for black wheels as has historically been the color of PMC wheels. I think the bronze wheels look OK on white, but not a huge fan on the blue and red.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Maybe they were contractually obligated to build X number of cars each year out of their PMC operation. Kind of like how Sony had to come out with a Spiderman movie every 5 years or else the rights would revert back to Marvel/Disney.
Hm, interesting point. I guess we'll know for sure next year if the PMC units increase due to the NSX being out of production. There were 360 '21 RDX and 200 '22 RDX PMC units.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:22 AM
AZ Community Team

I checked Acura Canada and no PMC. In the past, Acura has been allocating a few units for the Canadian market, but not this time.
Any info on that?
Old 10-08-2022, 12:22 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,126 Likes on 2,564 Posts
*OFFICIAL* The 2023 Acura TLX Type S PMC is STUNNING - but it'll cost you...

Old 10-08-2022, 04:41 PM
AZ Community Team

It's true....it's so beautiful and awesome but the price is too high at least for me. Acura nailed the design. Beats every car in the segment. Acura should give huge bonuses to their design team. Since 2019,they are just producing one after another stunning cars.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:35 PM
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 244 Posts
I checked Acura Canada and no PMC. In the past, Acura has been allocating a few units for the Canadian market, but not this time.
Any info on that?
Not 100% reliable but my sales rep at the dealership said there are no plans on the PMC coming to Canada for 2023.
(which I don't find too surprising as the TLX Type S is already a unicorn here).
Tony Pac (10-09-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 07:35 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by bilirubin
Not 100% reliable but my sales rep at the dealership said there are no plans on the PMC coming to Canada for 2023.
(which I don't find too surprising as the TLX Type S is already a unicorn here).
He is probably right! When the TYPE S was revealed, Acura allocated a very limited number of vehicles to Canadian market.

bilirubin (10-09-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 11:49 AM
®

Received 473 Likes on 224 Posts
Those reservations online mean F*CK ALL because at the end of the day, you'll still have to go through your local dealer who will rape you with ADM. I find all these online orders hilarious, from Acura, GM, Ford, etc. It doesn't matter if its TLX PMC or 1SS 1LE 6MT or Mach 1, you CANNOT avoid local dealer who has the final say and absolute freedom to do WHATEVER they want with the price.

The only REAL online ordering without BS is Tesla, period. Which is why they're always being dragged through the courts by the dealership cartel lobby.
Old 10-10-2022, 01:03 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by loki
Those reservations online mean F*CK ALL because at the end of the day, you'll still have to go through your local dealer who will rape you with ADM. I find all these online orders hilarious, from Acura, GM, Ford, etc. It doesn't matter if its TLX PMC or 1SS 1LE 6MT or Mach 1, you CANNOT avoid local dealer who has the final say and absolute freedom to do WHATEVER they want with the price.

The only REAL online ordering without BS is Tesla, period. Which is why they're always being dragged through the courts by the dealership cartel lobby.
Don't forget Polestar.
loki (10-11-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 01:52 PM
AZ Community Team

Actually Genesis as well. My buddy ordered a GV70 and when it arrived, the dealer called him and there was zero add-ons. (In Canada, you cannot do ADM) but dealers can push accessories and bs. But with Genesis, honestly nothing! I was impressed by the service The only thing is my buddy changed his mind on the day of signing. He backed out and did not feel paying almost $70K CAD for it. He went ahead and got am X3!
Old 10-10-2022, 02:41 PM
AZ Community Team

So all the Red PMCs were reserved in less than 60 min! Apparently in 33 min. Wow! The blue one will be reserved in 15 min, I am assuming!
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
bilirubin (10-10-2022), MarcoTLX (10-10-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 08:26 AM
®

Received 473 Likes on 224 Posts
Actually Genesis as well. My buddy ordered a GV70 and when it arrived, the dealer called him and there was zero add-ons. (In Canada, you cannot do ADM) but dealers can push accessories and bs. But with Genesis, honestly nothing! I was impressed by the service The only thing is my buddy changed his mind on the day of signing. He backed out and did not feel paying almost $70K CAD for it. He went ahead and got am X3!
Canada doesn't count, they have consumer laws to protect, well, consumers. In USA we have laws that protect dealerships. Big difference.

So all the Red PMCs were reserved in less than 60 min! Apparently in 33 min. Wow! The blue one will be reserved in 15 min, I am assuming!
All ordered by friends of dealership owners who will sell it to their buddies at the dealership for a cut and that dealership will then sell it for 100% mark-up. Local Acura by me did this with an Integra 6MT, had someone buy it and sell it back to them and then add $20K ADM "used" with 2 miles on the odometer.
The following 2 users liked this post by loki:
MarcoTLX (10-11-2022), Tony Pac (10-11-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 08:55 AM
AZ Community Team

Canada doesn't count, they have consumer laws to protect, well, consumers. In USA we have laws that protect dealerships. Big difference.

All ordered by friends of dealership owners who will sell it to their buddies at the dealership for a cut and that dealership will then sell it for 100% mark-up. Local Acura by me did this with an Integra 6MT, had someone buy it and sell it back to them and then add $20K ADM "used" with 2 miles on the odometer.
Sucks! but that means there are people out there that are waiting to pay even more premium to get what they want. In French, we say c'est la vie! US car market is massive, so the dealers know how to make money....
Old 10-11-2022, 11:06 AM
Burning Brakes

How does that make any sense? The fact that it was second-hand should have devalued the car if anything, especially for something that isn't a limited production. Maybe if it was the first one off the assembly line? I get the fact that certain people want to be "first on the block" ... but how does the dealer make more by doing this scheme that just having it marked up from the get-go and selling it brand new?

I get it with the PMC model though. I wouldn't pay the extra for the PMC at projected MSRP. I'd eat a bullet before spending even more than that (or simply buy an M3/RS5 [I'm not a fan of what M-B did to the incoming C43]). But, maybe I'm just cheap.
Old 10-11-2022, 02:05 PM
Pro

Received 433 Likes on 249 Posts
How does that make any sense? The fact that it was second-hand should have devalued the car if anything, especially for something that isn't a limited production. Maybe if it was the first one off the assembly line? I get the fact that certain people want to be "first on the block" ... but how does the dealer make more by doing this scheme that just having it marked up from the get-go and selling it brand new?

I get it with the PMC model though. I wouldn't pay the extra for the PMC at projected MSRP. I'd eat a bullet before spending even more than that (or simply buy an M3/RS5 [I'm not a fan of what M-B did to the incoming C43]). But, maybe I'm just cheap.
Sort of reminds me of when I bought my CTR. I was buying my CTR for less than they had a used one listed for. If I can recall correctly, the used one was at least 42k when I bought mine at MSRP (37k).

Last edited by richii0207; 10-11-2022 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:02 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 335 Likes on 225 Posts
I have to agree here and as nice as I think the PMC in Long Beach Blue is. I can’t wrap my head around spending $65k+ for it when I can get a Used ‘19-‘20 Audi RS5 for the same price or ‘19-‘20 M3/M4.

However I still believe the base Type-S is a fantastic daily driver purchase at MSRP or slightly less.
leomio2.0 (10-12-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 07:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
just playing devil's advocate. so its not ok for the dealership to sell it at what the market is telling them it is? after all, it is a Manfacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price right? No consumer was complaining that they should pay just MSRP when they were selling for less right? So its not ok for a dealership to charge what the market say it should sell for but its ok for the consumer to buy it at MSRP then sell it for a profit?
MarcoTLX (10-12-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 11:57 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Nexx
just playing devil's advocate. so its not ok for the dealership to sell it at what the market is telling them it is? after all, it is a Manfacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price right? No consumer was complaining that they should pay just MSRP when they were selling for less right? So its not ok for a dealership to charge what the market say it should sell for but its ok for the consumer to buy it at MSRP then sell it for a profit?
Free market speculation is one thing, but to say "well, customers are flipping these cars for a profit, so I should be able to effectively do the same" is a bit morally suspect, especially since dealerships effectively control the supply. Should dealerships be allowed to sell at whatever price they want? Sure, that's the free market. But automakers should also be allowed to sell directly to consumers to bypass the dealerships as well. Also, dealerships can do this at their own risk; hopefully customers remember who were the price gougers and who weren't, and vote with their wallets in the future. I already have a list of which dealerships I'll never do business with no matter how low their prices are, and that list is only getting longer.
The following 3 users liked this post by fiatlux:
leomio2.0 (10-12-2022), MarcoTLX (10-12-2022), pyrodan007 (10-12-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 06:46 AM
Drifting

Free market speculation is one thing, but to say "well, customers are flipping these cars for a profit, so I should be able to effectively do the same" is a bit morally suspect, especially since dealerships effectively control the supply. Should dealerships be allowed to sell at whatever price they want? Sure, that's the free market. But automakers should also be allowed to sell directly to consumers to bypass the dealerships as well. Also, dealerships can do this at their own risk; hopefully customers remember who were the price gougers and who weren't, and vote with their wallets in the future. I already have a list of which dealerships I'll never do business with no matter how low their prices are, and that list is only getting longer.
It's not fun visiting dealerships lately. There is a reckoning coming as a lot of folks think recession will finally hit in 2023. The car supply shortage may hit equilibrium next year with lower demand and folks out of work.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:05 AM
AZ Community Team

It's not fun visiting dealerships lately. There is a reckoning coming as a lot of folks think recession will finally hit in 2023. The car supply shortage may hit equilibrium next year with lower demand and folks out of work.
It's never fun to visit a dealership....It's always the same song and dance. I am very lucky to have an amazing rep at my Acura dealership and the director of sales treats me very well. But still, never enjoy walking to any dealership. I don't want to insult anyone, but there is always something and "miscommunication" and etc.

I was with my cousin in December 2021 at the Lexus dealer. I have never seen a bunch of unprofessional dudes, who were trying to nickels and dimes with us. My cousin paid $84K CAD for his car cash and they were treating us as we bought a $2K second hand car. That said, I am sure we are not the only ones who experienced that. Most dealers are taking advantage of the situation.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:18 AM
Drifting

It's never fun to visit a dealership....It's always the same song and dance. I am very lucky to have an amazing rep at my Acura dealership and the director of sales treats me very well. But still, never enjoy walking to any dealership. I don't want to insult anyone, but there is always something and "miscommunication" and etc.

I was with my cousin in December 2021 at the Lexus dealer. I have never seen a bunch of unprofessional dudes, who were trying to nickels and dimes with us. My cousin paid $84K CAD for his car cash and they were treating us as we bought a $2K second hand car. That said, I am sure we are not the only ones who experienced that. Most dealers are taking advantage of the situation.
You've always highlighted that we all have freedom of choice. Why did your cousin feel compelled to buy from the dealer that mistreated him?
Old 10-12-2022, 10:51 AM
AZ Community Team

You've always highlighted that we all have freedom of choice. Why did your cousin feel compelled to buy from the dealer that mistreated him?
the whole point of this conversation was the dealers are taking advantage of buyers. Most dealers are doing the same. My cousin love his car and I fully supported him to get the RX. I think you spend too much time here...you are slowly, slowly becoming a true enthusiast to make Acura and the world better also noticing you are full-time AZ employee! not a single thread or topic goes by without your beautiful comments. Blessed to have you keeping AZ alive!
Old 10-12-2022, 11:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 533 Likes on 343 Posts

Sort of reminds me of when I bought my CTR. I was buying my CTR for less than they had a used one listed for. If I can recall correctly, the used one was at least 42k when I bought mine at MSRP (37k).
Crazy times. My friend recently helped her first time driver daughter purchase a new car because when they looked at used they were actually more expensive. She drove the brand new car for about a month before being rear-ended hard at a stoplight (everyone is okay but the car sustained quite a bit of damage). I said to her welcome to the hell that is driving/driving in the Philly area
Old 10-12-2022, 08:32 PM
Pro

+100. Went to test drive RX for my wife and boy oh boy, the sales staff was horrid. It was like they were doing you a favour to let you test drive it. It's a F*N RX not a Bugatti. Also sleazy sales man would not let us test drive it without him. I go to Acura and they just give you the keys and off you go by yourself. Take as much time as you like.
MarcoTLX (10-13-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 08:38 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Nexx
If you have built a relationship with the dealer and gave them repeat business you should not get charged ADM. If you come off the street and demand MSRP for a rare model you can forget it. A lot of the same guys will flip that car and ask over MSRP even though it's used with racked up mileage.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by MIKEYDRED

My exact worry about getting an S5. I have had many acura's and two tlx's, both V6's, one fwd and the other sh-awd. I test drove the S5 a couple years back and my only regret was not buying it a couple years earlier. Not a single issue with the car at just under 40k miles. I spent a lot of time on the audi s5 forums looking for issues on the B9/B9.5 threads to find an excuse not to buy one but could not. MPG, power, braking, options all far superior than my v6 sh-awd tlx i traded in, I miss absolutely nothing after trading in the last tlx. The S5 is pretty damn fast stock and is super easy to tune if you want to bring it closer to RS5 level, also styling wise it doesn't have the boy racer look which I don't care for but that's just my personal preference after having the blue a-spec which I had ordered sight unseen from the dealer and it was a bit flashier than I expected. I can't compare it to the TLX type S since I got tired of waiting for it to be released having had my 06 type S for 10 years (I would probably be in a type S today if they had got it to market a couple years or so earlier). I will say the S5 made my 1st gen TLX feel quite slow and I grew to dislike driving it, it looked fast but wasn't. Servicing for the S5 is expensive but the car is so fun to drive I don't even care.
The following 3 users liked this post by jhb31:
ESHBG (10-13-2022), pyrodan007 (10-13-2022), Tesla1856 (10-14-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 04:20 AM
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
So does the Acura "reservation" actually mean anything for PMC or is it like:

"Here pay $2k or whatever deposit so you can have the privilege of a dealer charging you ADM anyways".

I guess I'm not sure what the point of the reservation system is if you're going through a dealer anyways. (And rather shamefully for the car industry I haven't bothered to follow to closely since it's a hopeless endeavor right now. I'll wait another year for the lots to be stuffed and them willing to do anything to sell me a car)
MarcoTLX (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 06:45 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by dr/owned
So does the Acura "reservation" actually mean anything for PMC or is it like:

"Here pay $2k or whatever deposit so you can have the privilege of a dealer charging you ADM anyways".

I guess I'm not sure what the point of the reservation system is if you're going through a dealer anyways. (And rather shamefully for the car industry I haven't bothered to follow to closely since it's a hopeless endeavor right now. I'll wait another year for the lots to be stuffed and them willing to do anything to sell me a car)
Yes, ADM is still in play unless you have built up a relationship with the dealer from prior purchases and then they SHOULD just sell it to you at MSRP.

Quick Reply: Acura TLX Type-S PMC Edition - Official Reveal