Acura TLX Type-S PMC Edition - Official Reveal

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 02:20 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,155 Likes on 826 Posts
Will the US PMC edition has surround-view camera finally ?
Old 10-05-2022, 02:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,441 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Will the US PMC edition has surround-view camera finally ?
Based on the info released it looks like the answer is no.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:51 PM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
This car doesn’t make sense. No new features and significant price increase. For what? Paint job?

I am sorry Acura. This doesn’t make sense. Unless, we are missing something… more HP, more features.
Your getting better paint job, new wheel color, color is subjective, all carbon fiber exterior trim pieces and underbody spoiler which are a couple thousand extra. Unique interior and carbon fiber trim inside also dealer extras. Best part is its all installed from the factory by master technician and not the dealer where screws and bolts may be lost in the process.

The PMC versions were never about performance, but they did get advance features the two most important missing from TLX Type S is HUD and Surround Sound camera. I have no beef with the extras,still seems unique enough. My issue is price 60 to 65K before markups is a lot for slowest car in the class, at least they shoild have added some features including the french stiched seats.

Hoping MMC adds e-turbo that was rumored from beginning and all advance features along with precision cockpit. They are in the big boy league when they get to 65K and S5, M340, G70 etc all have features TLX doesn't offer along with more power.
The following users liked this post:
MarcoTLX (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 05:05 PM
Safety Car

The C&D reader comments are pretty spot on

Acura is doing everything it can to sell you a track-capable M/RS/AMG/Blackwing level sports sedan except build an actual track-capable M/RS/AMG/Blackwing level sports sedan.
Acura definitely leads the pack when it comes to making cars LOOK fast.
Boss looking car. Too bad about the performance.
​​​​​​​The looks are there, just the power and performance are not.
​​​​​​​No amount of appearance bolt-ons will turn this 4200 lbs porker into a performer. But it will look nice parked in someone's garage.
So many haters out there

Last edited by Legend2TL; 10-06-2022 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Implying those comments were from C&D, but in reality from readers.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:04 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 374 Likes on 249 Posts
Just read the Oct 5. Press Release and I like the roll out of Curva Red, 130R White and then Long Beach Blue Pearl last... im really interested in the LBBP Type-S PMC just can't get with that Orchid Interior. each plaque will be "1 of 100"

Mid $60k range is alot for a Acura model and there's no increase in HP and I know thats not what the PMC is about but sheesh once you start looking at $65k+ other options make their way into the conversation such as the BMW M340i and the Lexus IS500 are the first to come to mind.

In any case I'll keep watch of this release and see how dealers will play this one out which I already can figure it will be marked up to the sky, this may make a base Type-S's stop commanding so much markup from dealers?

Last edited by MarcoTLX; 10-05-2022 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Nvm it wont have the advanced package.. that sucks
Old 10-05-2022, 08:17 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
This car doesn’t make sense. No new features and significant price increase. For what? Paint job?

I am sorry Acura. This doesn’t make sense. Unless, we are missing something… more HP, more features.
Exactly. Just get the regular Type S and be done with it. But given Acura dumb moves they will probably limit the regular S production to push the more expensive PMC edition just to have it blow up in their face when they sit unsold for months on dealer lots.
MarcoTLX (10-06-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 08:17 PM
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 378 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
Just read the Oct 5. Press Release and I like the roll out of Curva Red, 130R White and then Long Beach Blue Pearl last... im really interested in the LBBP Type-S PMC just can't get with that Orchid Interior. each plaque will be "1 of 100"

Mid $60k range is alot for a Acura model and there's no increase in HP and I know thats not what the PMC is about but sheesh once you start looking at $65k+ other options make their way into the conversation such as the BMW M340i and the Lexus IS500 are the first to come to mind.

In any case I'll keep watch of this release and see how dealers will play this one out which I already can figure it will be marked up to the sky, this may make a base Type-S's stop commanding so much markup from dealers?
M340i is not a visual head turner in my opinion. Given that PMC is an appearance package it offers more to look at.
MarcoTLX (10-06-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 09:53 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,618 Likes on 975 Posts
Originally Posted by MIKEYDRED
Your getting better paint job, new wheel color, color is subjective, all carbon fiber exterior trim pieces and underbody spoiler which are a couple thousand extra. Unique interior and carbon fiber trim inside also dealer extras. Best part is its all installed from the factory by master technician and not the dealer where screws and bolts may be lost in the process.

The PMC versions were never about performance, but they did get advance features the two most important missing from TLX Type S is HUD and Surround Sound camera. I have no beef with the extras,still seems unique enough. My issue is price 60 to 65K before markups is a lot for slowest car in the class, at least they shoild have added some features including the french stiched seats.

Hoping MMC adds e-turbo that was rumored from beginning and all advance features along with precision cockpit. They are in the big boy league when they get to 65K and S5, M340, G70 etc all have features TLX doesn't offer along with more power.

The PMC should have A-Z features at least if they are charging thousands of dollar. If it's just paint and few gimmicks, then Acura should not charge more than $2-$2.5K. That's all! Again, I am sure there are people that will go ahead and pay for it.

When MDX TYPE S pricing was out in Canada. Honestly, I wrote here and told myself, with taxes it's $100K CAD. Must be very tough sale. But I was wrong, I see MDX TYPE S a lot more than I thought. I was under the impression if I see once a year will be a treat. But just this week, I have seen 3 in Montreal.

On that note: If you are one of the owners here...
Monday: RED one in Outremont in the afternoon, 4:30ish. Purchased from Laval
Monday: Black one on highway 40E around 7:45AM purchased from Laval
Wednesday: Black one on Decarie, close to Jean Talon around 4PM purchased from Acura Montreal Center
Old 10-05-2022, 11:23 PM
mvl
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 160 Posts
For those who didn't click the links for details, the Acura website will open for reserving the red color today (Oct 6) at 10AM Pacific / 1PM eastern. 50 Curva Reds models will be available for reservation, $2000 deposit required.

This is similar to the NSX TypeS reservation process, where it sold out in 24 hours. Same will happen a month later for the white TLX, and a month later for the blue TLX.

The remaining 150 will be distributed through normal dealer allocation processes, like had been done for prior PMC models.

Last edited by mvl; 10-05-2022 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-06-2022, 01:10 AM
Pro

Received 434 Likes on 249 Posts
The PMC should have A-Z features at least if they are charging thousands of dollar. If it's just paint and few gimmicks, then Acura should not charge more than $2-$2.5K. That's all! Again, I am sure there are people that will go ahead and pay for it.

When MDX TYPE S pricing was out in Canada. Honestly, I wrote here and told myself, with taxes it's $100K CAD. Must be very tough sale. But I was wrong, I see MDX TYPE S a lot more than I thought. I was under the impression if I see once a year will be a treat. But just this week, I have seen 3 in Montreal.

Wednesday: Black one on Decarie, close to Jean Talon around 4PM purchased from Acura Montreal Center
I guess PMC would be good for collectors or those who are interested in having all the carbon fiber parts. I’ve never cared for cars made in different factories (e.g PMC, GmbH) or being hand built like AMG or Shelby since it seems like marketing more than helping QC which consumers shouldn’t have to pay a premium for. To each their own, I’m sure those will sell based off the responses in other TLX communities but the question is how much of a premium over a base Type S.

Last edited by richii0207; 10-06-2022 at 01:15 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by richii0207:
MarcoTLX (10-06-2022), Tony Pac (10-06-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 01:12 AM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts

The RDX PMC is $3K US more than the Aspec/Advance. The only difference between the two models is paint, upgraded wheels, and being built in the PMC facility. Let's call it $1.5K for the paint upgrade and $1.5K for the PMC build. The extra trim pieces added to the Type S PMC are about $3K US list without install. Perhaps there's another $500 of profit rolled in for those parts. That gets us to $6.5K US over the Type S summer tire package which would put the PMC price at around $62.5K US including delivery. Sounds reasonable if you were inclined to put those trim pieces on the standard Type S with summer tires. People gawk at my humble Apex Blue A-spec. The PMC in blue or red will get you a lot of attention if that's your thing. Yes, it's essentially just an appearance packages, but it's one hell of an appearance package at MSRP.

Last edited by Honda430; 10-06-2022 at 01:25 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Honda430:
MarcoTLX (10-06-2022), Tony Pac (10-06-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 07:13 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 541 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Honda430
The RDX PMC is $3K US more than the Aspec/Advance. The only difference between the two models is paint, upgraded wheels, and being built in the PMC facility. Let's call it $1.5K for the paint upgrade and $1.5K for the PMC build. The extra trim pieces added to the Type S PMC are about $3K US list without install. Perhaps there's another $500 of profit rolled in for those parts. That gets us to $6.5K US over the Type S summer tire package which would put the PMC price at around $62.5K US including delivery. Sounds reasonable if you were inclined to put those trim pieces on the standard Type S with summer tires. People gawk at my humble Apex Blue A-spec. The PMC in blue or red will get you a lot of attention if that's your thing. Yes, it's essentially just an appearance packages, but it's one hell of an appearance package at MSRP.

Dont get me wrong. I love that Blue on the PMC but it’s no where near as nice as Apex Blue Pearl. I still, after all these years, feel like Fiji Blue Pearl (Civic Si) and Apex Blue Pearl are the best colors on a car.
mapleloaf (10-07-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 08:54 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by richii0207
I guess PMC would be good for collectors or those who are interested in having all the carbon fiber parts. I’ve never cared for cars made in different factories (e.g PMC, GmbH) or being hand built like AMG or Shelby since it seems like marketing more than helping QC which consumers shouldn’t have to pay a premium for. To each their own, I’m sure those will sell based off the responses in other TLX communities but the question is how much of a premium over a base Type S.
I have to agree with you one thing. This is a unique appearance and some who cares for those small details. It will make sense to pay extra. One thing that we cannot ignore is the PMC looks very good. Yes, doesn't have more power but it will be a unique car on the road.

Again, it will be sold out very soon. Acura isn't worried to sell 300 units. If in Dubai people can pay $1M for a plate number. I am sure Acura will find 300people to buy the PMC for a few thousand dollar more
Old 10-06-2022, 09:12 AM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostTL09
M340i is not a visual head turner in my opinion. Given that PMC is an appearance package it offers more to look at.
M340 doesnt look unique enough over a regular version you are correct. However, unlike the TLX its not trying to look fast, its the performance king of the pack. A updated model is due thisbyear which will bring styling tweaks and Im sure more power. Also nothing like the sound of one screaming down the highway doing 80. Im not a BMW fan so I would probably pick Type-S myself. I will be testing M340 and I4M50 if i can get my hands on them though
MarcoTLX (10-06-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 09:18 AM
Pro

Full description of all add ons.

All PMC Edition cars get a Berlina Black (also an NSX shade) painted roof, antenna, and door handles, the quad exhaust finished in black chrome instead of the bright chrome that comes standard. You get the same Y-spoke 20-inch wheels as the regular Type S, finished in a new copper paint. There's a carbon fiber lip spoiler in front, a carbon fiber decklid spoiler, a rear diffuser in the same weave, alongside glossy black side sill garnish and model badging.

Inside, carbon fiber trim keeps the cabin on brand, accessorized with illuminated side sills, unique Type S-badged floor mats with color-matched edging, and serialized plaques on the center console. The Curva Red sedan gets an Ebony black interior with red stitching. Long Beach Blue cars get an Orchid (cream) interior with blue stitching. The 130R White cars will get a red interior. Occupants recline in Milano leather seats with Ultrasuede inserts, driver and passenger able to adjust them 16 ways.

Similar to other Acura PMC cars, this one is put through the same quality control checks as the NSX, including a dyno check, rough road simulation, and paint inspection. They’re also given special coverings for transport to the dealer and delivered in enclosed single-car carriers. As we find ourselves saying with disappointing frequency: Good luck.
Old 10-06-2022, 09:19 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by MIKEYDRED
M340 doesnt look unique enough over a regular version you are correct. However, unlike the TLX its not trying to look fast, its the performance king of the pack. A updated model is due thisbyear which will bring styling tweaks and Im sure more power. Also nothing like the sound of one screaming down the highway doing 80. Im not a BMW fan so I would probably pick Type-S myself. I will be testing M340 and I4M50 if i can get my hands on them though
just to give you my perspective, I think Germans make great cars but I am just too hesitant to buy one. I really don't trust their reliability. But I test drove in June 2022 the M340i. I will be honest it's an amazing machine, it has more than 385HP for sure. It's a rocket lol!

but handling wise, I liked the TYPE S and I believe the comfort level in TYPE S is also superior. M340i is just a fast machine.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:42 PM
2nd Gear

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post
Did anybody try to get the Curva red edition today? How do you know if you made the cut off?
Old 10-06-2022, 03:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Ouch. Everyone who doesn't like us "haters" on here should stay away from the C&D reader comments section of the PMC TLX Type-S.

Reservations Open for 2023 Acura TLX Type S PMC Edition (caranddriver.com)

So much for the idea that this forum is an isolated case of Acura bashing.

Back on topic ... you're paying a hefty sum more for the car, and it's supposedly "hand-built" ... but Acura still won't let you choose your interior color? On their website, you can only order the Curva Red with Ebony interior. If you're only making 100 in each goddamn color, would it be so difficult to offer the whopping two other color interior choices for the owner's choosing (personally I think the car would be incredible in red with Orchid interior)? It would definitely make the buying and owning experience feel more premium, rather than some gimmicky BS that's more of a money-grab than anything with the incredulous price increase over the base Type-S. Jesus H. Christ, you suck at being a car company Acura.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 10-06-2022 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Not C&D comments but reader comments
ESHBG (10-07-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 03:47 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by dualecho
Did anybody try to get the Curva red edition today? How do you know if you made the cut off?
A few in the TLX community preordered theirs. One person mentioned that their dealer already contacted them to let him know he selected to receive one. Others said they just had the “thank you for reserving” message without any word from the dealers yet. I believe the preorders reservations are now full since people are getting waitlisted.
Old 10-06-2022, 04:27 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by leomio2.0
Ouch. Everyone who doesn't like us "haters" on here should stay away from the C&D comments section of the PMC TLX Type-S.

Back on topic ... you're paying a hefty sum more for the car, and it's supposedly "hand-built" ... but Acura still won't let you choose your interior color? On their website, you can only order the Curva Red with Ebony interior. If you're only making 100 in each goddamn color, would it be so difficult to offer the whopping two other color interior choices for the owner's choosing (personally I think the car would be incredible in red with Orchid interior)? It would definitely make the buying and owning experience feel more premium, rather than some gimmicky BS that's more of a money-grab than anything with the incredulous price increase over the base Type-S. Jesus H. Christ, you suck at being a car company Acura.
Reddit is no friend to Acuras either: https://www.unddit.com/r/cars/commen...ura_brings_to/
ESHBG (10-07-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 04:31 PM
Pro

Ouch. Everyone who doesn't like us "haters" on here should stay away from the C&D comments section of the PMC TLX Type-S.

It’s like damn they’re building 300 of a car that there’s obviously a market for. Can’t understand why so many people are so jerky about this. As to price, I and others have walked through this, if you were inclined to put the list of accessories on your Type S the MSRP would be $60.4K US without taking into consideration the carbon fiber front lip that would probably add another $800 to the cost. Even if the cost comes in at $64K I’d be hard pressed to say it was anywhere near a rip off. Granted for those folks that abhor appearance packages I completely understand why they see it as a waste. However, for those folks who want a unique ride it could be viewed in some ways as a bargain. Have you seen the way some folks have modded their Type S? I’ve seen photos with what I have to guess are a $10K set of rims.
The following 5 users liked this post by Honda430:
a35tl (10-10-2022), BOWA41 (10-06-2022), MarcoTLX (10-06-2022), richii0207 (10-06-2022), Tony Pac (10-06-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 04:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
You can make the M340 as aggressive looking as you want. That's another thing the Germans do well, customization.

The following 2 users liked this post by Kense:
leomio2.0 (10-07-2022), Sefuthun (10-06-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 05:10 PM
Pro

It’s like damn they’re building 300 of a car that there’s obviously a market for. Can’t understand why so many people are so jerky about this. As to price, I and others have walked through this, if you were inclined to put the list of accessories on your Type S the MSRP would be $60.4K US without taking into consideration the carbon fiber front lip that would probably add another $800 to the cost. Even if the cost comes in at $64K I’d be hard pressed to say it was anywhere near a rip off. Granted for those folks that abhor appearance packages I completely understand why they see it as a waste. However, for those folks who want a unique ride it could be viewed in some ways as a bargain. Have you seen the way some folks have modded their Type S? I’ve seen photos with what I have to guess are a $10K set of rims.
Could not agree more. I’ve seen people bag their Type S, throw on some flashy rims, and get an louder exhaust. Although it’s not my style, who am I to tell them how to spend their money? To each their own.
The following 3 users liked this post by richii0207:
BOWA41 (10-06-2022), Honda430 (10-06-2022), MarcoTLX (10-06-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 06:22 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

yeah well there’s a trade off, look good and still be fast and fun on the backroads or have one of the fastest cars in the segment that has a sleeper look to it but can also look good with the M Sport Package

I already know I’m opting for the former of the two.

Originally Posted by mvl
For those who didn't click the links for details, the Acura website will open for reserving the red color today (Oct 6) at 10AM Pacific / 1PM eastern. 50 Curva Reds models will be available for reservation, $2000 deposit required.

This is similar to the NSX TypeS reservation process, where it sold out in 24 hours. Same will happen a month later for the white TLX, and a month later for the blue TLX.

The remaining 150 will be distributed through normal dealer allocation processes, like had been done for prior PMC models.
so 50 reservations for each color and the rest will be dealer allocations.

Originally Posted by fiatlux
Reddit is no friend to Acuras either: https://www.unddit.com/r/cars/commen...ura_brings_to/
lol I saw this thread and man what a read 😭😭😭
Old 10-06-2022, 06:50 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
yeah well there’s a trade off, look good and still be fast and fun on the backroads or have one of the fastest cars in the segment that has a sleeper look to it but can also look good with the M Sport Package

I already know I’m opting for the former of the two.

so 50 reservations for each color and the rest will be dealer allocations.

lol I saw this thread and man what a read 😭😭😭
It's wild that Acura went from beloved in the 90s and 2000s to becoming a punching bag for enthusiasts in the 2010s and now.
Old 10-06-2022, 06:57 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Ouch. Everyone who doesn't like us "haters" on here should stay away from the C&D reader comments section of the PMC TLX Type-S.

They’re holding no cut cards on C&D comments

you can add all the appearance upgrades and unique paint schemes. This is dead on arrival without a notable power bump or suspension upgrade.
for Acura to tout this as PMC edition, where Performance is one of the attributes, how is this more performance oriented than the regular TLX Type S?
Well, it does look quicker. I suppose I could walk past it faster? At almost 60K...I'll get my running shoes

Old 10-06-2022, 07:05 PM
Safety Car

Last edited by Legend2TL; Today at 02:07 PM. Reason: Not C&D comments but reader comments
Didn't realize it was necessary to specify that comments sections are comments from readers. Are there any comment sections that are not for comments from the audience? Seems awfully redundant to call out that out.
leomio2.0 (10-07-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 07:17 PM
Pro

Those people complain about everything too. Jump to the Corolla GR comment section and it’s full of complainers there as well. Some people are never happy. 🤷‍♂️
Kind of odd that multiple users are interested in C&D comment sections all of sudden…
Old 10-06-2022, 07:27 PM
AZ Community Team

Those people complain about everything too. Jump to the Corolla GR comment section and it’s full of complainers there as well. Some people are never happy. 🤷‍♂️
Kind of odd that multiple users are interested in C&D comment sections all of sudden…
We have two kind of people in the world:
1. can’t afford and b1tch about anything
2. they buy another brand of car, watch, or whatever and they think they made the best decision. The rest is shit.

Instead of understanding that we live in a very spoiled world. We have so many choices that we can’t event imagine. Do and buy whatever you want and be happy for others. If you don’t like a brand, it’s fine. Move on… go enjoy what pleases you.

Also, all these journalists and YouTuber want reader and clicks. So writing positive or negative content. Both brings money. So why not bash Acura or praise Acura. You bash, people like here will be happy and celebrate and will find an opportunity to share and make them money. You praise, again the same people will comment and disagree. Win win situation for the YouTuber and journalist 😂

Last edited by Tony Pac; 10-06-2022 at 07:31 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
Honda430 (10-06-2022), Legend2TL (10-07-2022), mapleloaf (10-07-2022), MarcoTLX (10-06-2022), richii0207 (10-06-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 07:43 PM
Safety Car

Funny, the comments section for the GRC is overwhelmingly positive

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...corolla-drive/
Old 10-06-2022, 07:52 PM
Pro

Funny, the comments section for the GRC is overwhelmingly positive

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...corolla-drive/
Last time I checked, people were complaining about the engine size, price, and how it’s only 300hp. That was when the article first came out, the comment section is not something I regularly check up on.

Last edited by richii0207; 10-06-2022 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:03 PM
Pro

Duplicate.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:21 PM
Safety Car

Last time I checked, people were complaining about the engine size, price, and how it’s only 300hp. That was when the article first came out, the comment section is not something I regularly check up on.
Even when sorting to see the oldest comments first, that just isn't true. I don't see anyone complaining about the engine size, price, or "only 300hp". Try again.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:24 PM
Pro

Even when sorting to see the oldest comments first, that just isn't true. I don't see anyone complaining about the engine size, price, or "only 300hp". Try again.
Here you go. Just took less than 5 seconds to find one.

This is the Evo that Mitsubishi never made. Finally the WRX has some AWD competition. I just can't figure out why Toyota went with a three cylinder engine instead of a larger displacement four cylinder engine.

Is that good enough for you?
Old 10-06-2022, 08:41 PM
Safety Car

Here you go. Just took less than 5 seconds to find one.

This is the Evo that Mitsubishi never made. Finally the WRX has some AWD competition. I just can't figure out why Toyota went with a three cylinder engine instead of a larger displacement four cylinder engine.

Is that good enough for you?
Dude, that's 1 comment out of a bunch of positive ones. Of course you're always going to find one person to say something bad about even the best thing. You said "full of complainers". I did not find it to be "full of complainers".
Old 10-06-2022, 08:51 PM
Pro

Dude, that's 1 comment out of a bunch of positive ones. Of course you're always going to find one person to say something bad about even the best thing. You said "full of complainers". I did not find it to be "full of complainers".
Another quick glance.

Nevertheless, $51K for a three-pot Corolla is an absolute no-go. That's entirely out of line with the segment. The progenitors and gold standards of this segment--Golf GTI and Golf R--cost $30K and $44K respectively, and are far more luxurious vehicles than any Corolla has hopes of. $44K should snag you a mid-level GR Corolla Circuit, but it really isn't playing in Golf R's league.

36k ok, but can’t imagine any version of this car being worth 50k. That’s edging into territory of much better cars.

The idea of a 3 cylinder Corolla that can't get 30mpg seems almost as odd as the thought of a 3 cylinder Corolla that I would love to own.

Man, three cylinders and 25 psi of boost? Fuel economy doesn't seem good not to mention the copious amounts of expected turbo lag. It looks like a toad too (no insult to toads).

Ugly, overpriced, still a Corolla. No thank you.

Tony Pac (10-07-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 08:57 PM
Safety Car

Another quick glance.

Nevertheless, $51K for a three-pot Corolla is an absolute no-go. That's entirely out of line with the segment. The progenitors and gold standards of this segment--Golf GTI and Golf R--cost $30K and $44K respectively, and are far more luxurious vehicles than any Corolla has hopes of. $44K should snag you a mid-level GR Corolla Circuit, but it really isn't playing in Golf R's league.

36k ok, but can’t imagine any version of this car being worth 50k. That’s edging into territory of much better cars.

The idea of a 3 cylinder Corolla that can't get 30mpg seems almost as odd as the thought of a 3 cylinder Corolla that I would love to own.

Man, three cylinders and 25 psi of boost? Fuel economy doesn't seem good not to mention the copious amounts of expected turbo lag. It looks like a toad too (no insult to toads).

Ugly, overpriced, still a Corolla. No thank you.
Maybe you should take some time to read all the comments instead of a "quick glance" because you seemed to have skipped over the 25 or so positive commenters to cherry pick your 5 negative ones.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:31 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree - just reporting what "I" was told.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 549 Likes on 355 Posts
I agree and once again Acura finds a way to botch something that could have been really cool and special. If I were to buy this car the Long Beach Blue would be my choice but I refuse to have a light colored interior (from my experience more headache than they are worth) and I am sure this is also a negative for many.

I've never seen a company so hell bent on not giving customers exactly what they really want but charging a premium for it.
The following 2 users liked this post by ESHBG:
Honda430 (10-07-2022), MarcoTLX (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 09:51 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ESHBG
I agree and once again Acura finds a way to botch something that could have been really cool and special. If I were to buy this car the Long Beach Blue would be my choice but I refuse to have a light colored interior (from my experience more headache than they are worth) and I am sure this is also a negative for many.

I've never seen a company so hell bent on not giving customers exactly what they really want but charging a premium for it.
It would’ve been nice to have a LBB in a base Type S model without paying a premium for the bells and whistles of CF and body kit package.

What type of issues did you have with the light interior? I don’t have much experience first-hand with white Milano leather. I was a bit worried with jeans staining them but luckily I use scrubs for work. I see that users are noticing fade already in their red leather but so far nothing on the white interior.

Quick Reply: Acura TLX Type-S PMC Edition - Official Reveal