Acura TLX Type-S PMC Edition - Official Reveal

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 05:15 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by jjsC5
I don’t agree with you. Robots are incredibly sophisticated today. Repeatability means a lot. Plus that cars built by robots are inspected by humans before they leave the factory.

But the most ridiculous question you posed is “why do they choose to build the NSX this way…”. Very simple. The production numbers are so low that it simply does not make financial sense to invest in a system that is designed to build tens of thousand vehicles a year.

As to paint, hand painting vs robotic painting is not the reason for perfect paint jobs. It’s not the paint process that introduces orange peel, it’s the paint. Todays paints are formulated to meet strict EPA regulations. It’s the nature of the paints that they are uneven. Perfect paint jobs are achieved by hand sanding and buffing.
Wrong on orange peel. It's how the surface is prepped and how the painter...whether a person or a robot lays down the paint. Wet sanding between layers eliminates
orange peel. It's not the paint. Do your homework.

The PMC plant uses robots, but, the paint is applied differently than the other vehicles that come from the regular assy. line. More layers, mid level layers of color enhancing pigments, then 4 layers of
clear, that is NOT done at the reg. assy. plant. Yes, I'm fully aware of wet sanding between layers, etc, etc, is what makes the most perfect custom paint job. And those with this Acura applied process
would cost a min. of $10K to have done by a "hand painter pro."

But, the bottom line....the paint applied at PMC is much nicer looking and with much more care and applications of paint layers. Facts....That's why for yrs people have been wowed by the NSX paint
jobs. Deep, rich color and just gorgeous. Well...SAME paint process has been applied to all the PMC built vehicles. It is much better, period. 5 days to do it. Hmmm....how long does it take to paint
a vehicle on the regular assy. line??? Sure isn't 5 days!!

They chose to build the NSX in it's own separate building area in a totally uniquely prepared facility that cost Acura a lot of $$. They have a dyno, testing facility for how suspension reacts to rough
jouncing. So also, they would have their special team there with some robotics and the ability to do hrs of hands on and assy. That's the reason they were not built on a regular assy. line.
And, the fact that a fully optioned NSX has an MSRP of over $200K.....so, it makes sense to have their own designated, specialized building area.

I know you didn't know this. Acura loses money on each NSX. But, they've built it, put it out there to the world...because...why???...it's their "Halo vehicle!" Again, do your homework.
And part of that expense was building a SEPARATE facility to mostly hand produce this super car that never got it's proper acclaim. The PMC facility went on to make MDX, TLX, and
RDX versions. Why not, since the facility is there and NSX production has ceased. I'm sure we'll see more usage of this facility. Great work done there. Like a Ferrari facility, or Lambo,

So, my AcuraZine friend....my question was not "ridiculous" at all. Actually....factual.. Do your homework. Stop attacking me as if you know everything...and trying so hard to make me look
like I don't know anything. You are very wrong here. You need to learn more about what you speak. I've written my info, my responses, and my reasons and facts are correct. You
can rant and rave all you want...doesn't change that fact.

Those that dispute....give me proof. Then we can talk. Those that "Like" your erroneous statements...need to learn to do their homework also.

Old 07-06-2022, 07:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,421 Posts
No matter what side you stand on with hand built vs robotics, I will give you "both sides of the coin":

1. Tesla -> Made with robots and human beings HAD horrific body panel fitment. You can easily google this. It is only recently that they have started becoming much better about some of the absurd gaps that cars left the factory with.

2. Aston Martin -> Was/is handmade in england, portions still are with MB components. Some panels will be wavy, not have a perfect edge or gap, etc. These are all touted as unique qualities of a hand built car.

The point here is that it does not matter robots or humans, what matters is the final quality control of what product is released. Excellent quality control will mask any sort of defects in the process of either to the end consumer. How many defects would you be accepting of on a new car? Some ferraris are delivered with the paint trashed with swirls, sanding marks and other issues. Releasing imperfect autos is perfect for aston martin to tout "Handmade in Britain" while having flaws. Tesla, an industry disruptor is somehow making amazing cars with robots and humans but does not car that doors have a HUGE gap, bumpers are falling off, etc for YEARS yet it has a cult following.

You can easily see how consumers don't work with logic and factories have to do some. Both lack tools and knowledge that is learned with experience...sometimes...
Old 07-06-2022, 07:41 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

PMC Facility Video

For those who haven't seen this...watch...it is a nice reveal on what they do there. Esp. paint. I forgot they buff it, put high resolution lights
on the body, and eyeball all areas for any defects. And, yes, as I've said before, they do use some robotics, but, watch this and I'm sure
anyone would agree, that MOST all of how a PMC vehicle is made is NOT done on the regular assy. line. Of course not...that's whey they
created this facility. The main piece is over at the 4:37 mark. The rest is about the NSX race car program.

https://youtu.be/SNInyXNV_RU
The following users liked this post:
bilirubin (07-07-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 08:03 PM
Pro

Received 433 Likes on 249 Posts
What a shocker.. The few, often same users, managed to turn an Acura vehicle announcement into another rant/complaint thread over some speculation. Some people love negatively. Same BS, different thread. Why does Acura existing seem to offend so many based on constant negative attitude towards anything they do? They manage to find any way to speak negative.

Just to throw it out there, not everyone has the same preferences. Just because you don’t like something does not mean everyone has to agree with your views. Don’t be so self-centered.

Personally, I’m glad that the PMC trim still exists to keep those at the facility employed during these rough times with an upcoming recession. I personally wouldn’t buy one since I’m happy with my Type S already. Should I waste my breath trying to justify my reasoning? No. Geeze some people really find a way to be grim and grumpy about everything.

Last edited by richii0207; 07-06-2022 at 08:09 PM.
The following 9 users liked this post by richii0207:
bilirubin (07-07-2022), F23A4 (07-06-2022), Honda430 (07-07-2022), Jim2301 (07-07-2022), MarcoTLX (07-07-2022), Pens Fan (07-07-2022), Sefuthun (07-06-2022), wilztlxs (07-06-2022), WTF.Acura (07-10-2022) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-06-2022, 10:57 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by csmeance
No matter what side you stand on with hand built vs robotics, I will give you "both sides of the coin":

1. Tesla -> Made with robots and human beings HAD horrific body panel fitment. You can easily google this. It is only recently that they have started becoming much better about some of the absurd gaps that cars left the factory with.

2. Aston Martin -> Was/is handmade in england, portions still are with MB components. Some panels will be wavy, not have a perfect edge or gap, etc. These are all touted as unique qualities of a hand built car.

The point here is that it does not matter robots or humans, what matters is the final quality control of what product is released. Excellent quality control will mask any sort of defects in the process of either to the end consumer. How many defects would you be accepting of on a new car? Some ferraris are delivered with the paint trashed with swirls, sanding marks and other issues. Releasing imperfect autos is perfect for aston martin to tout "Handmade in Britain" while having flaws. Tesla, an industry disruptor is somehow making amazing cars with robots and humans but does not car that doors have a HUGE gap, bumpers are falling off, etc for YEARS yet it has a cult following.

You can easily see how consumers don't work with logic and factories have to do some. Both lack tools and knowledge that is learned with experience...sometimes...
After seeing a few PMC Editions...and based on what you just said about Ferraris and Astons...I would say then....the PMC Editions have better panel fit...perfect...and paint! Have you gone over
an NSX, or any PMC model?? You'd have to work hard to find "wavy panels...or bad paint....no, that would never leave the PMC facility.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:03 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by richii0207
What a shocker.. The few, often same users, managed to turn an Acura vehicle announcement into another rant/complaint thread over some speculation. Some people love negatively. Same BS, different thread. Why does Acura existing seem to offend so many based on constant negative attitude towards anything they do? They manage to find any way to speak negative.

Just to throw it out there, not everyone has the same preferences. Just because you don’t like something does not mean everyone has to agree with your views. Don’t be so self-centered.

Personally, I’m glad that the PMC trim still exists to keep those at the facility employed during these rough times with an upcoming recession. I personally wouldn’t buy one since I’m happy with my Type S already. Should I waste my breath trying to justify my reasoning? No. Geeze some people really find a way to be grim and grumpy about everything.
I'm also glad they are making PMC versions of our Type S. More variety. Timing, vs when I got mine was too close! LOL! But, I too like my white/red Type S. I'm really liking that blue one
with those wheels and the extra black out, and the std Acc. As I've said, too bad they didn't do all the Adv. add ons. They did in the last TLX PMC. Not bitching...just a real observation. Why
stop at the heated steering wheel? Weird. The Type S is more than I had figured on after taking a short test drive of the first '21's to come out. It's a great driver in many ways. Comfort too.
You know.
The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
Pens Fan (07-07-2022), WTF.Acura (07-10-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 09:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 533 Likes on 343 Posts

Yes, those who like to pay more money for less options, we clearly do not have the same preferences or think alike.
loki (10-10-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 10:37 AM
Pro

Received 498 Likes on 244 Posts
I posted this on the Honda Reddit and it was removed by the moderators for being "uncivil", not sure why...
Edward'TLS (07-07-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 10:43 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ESHBG
Yes, those who like to pay more money for less options, we clearly do not have the same preferences or think alike.
Just because it doesn’t appeal to you doesn’t mean it’s a “fail”. Like I said before, don’t be so self-centered. Not everything revolves around oneself. If you don’t like it, fine, move on. Believe it or not, there are people who enjoy things you may not be fond of. Don’t be a constant complainer. If I spent the time bickering about things I don’t like on their associated forums, I’d never get anything done. What would that achieve anyways?

Example: Living in Philly is a “fail” to me with its high crime and poverty rate, but I’m sure you happy living there. Why live there when they are plenty of other cities that fare better? Real estate is more than a vehicle, so you’re “paying more for less”. But then who am I to tell you how you should spend your hard earned money?
The following 7 users liked this post by richii0207:
a35tl (07-08-2022), Edward'TLS (07-07-2022), F23A4 (07-07-2022), frainc (07-07-2022), Honda430 (07-07-2022), Tony Pac (07-11-2022), WTF.Acura (07-10-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-07-2022, 06:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Just because it doesn’t appeal to you doesn’t mean it’s a “fail”. Like I said before, don’t be so self-centered. Not everything revolves around oneself. If you don’t like it, fine, move on. Believe it or not, there are people who enjoy things you may not be fond of. Don’t be a constant complainer. If I spent the time bickering about things I don’t like on their associated forums, I’d never get anything done. What would that achieve anyways?

Example: Living in Philly is a “fail” to me with its high crime and poverty rate, but I’m sure you happy living there. Why live there when they are plenty of other cities that fare better? Real estate is more than a vehicle, so you’re “paying more for less”. But then who am I to tell you how you should spend your hard earned money?
Yes, a product that offers less than its predecessor and less than the competition for a high price is a fail to me.
Old 07-07-2022, 06:18 PM
Pro

Yes, a product that offers less than its predecessor and less than the competition for a high price is a fail to me.
Then don’t buy it, very simple.Why does it bother you so much? Did you buy it or invest in its R&D?

Just because it’s a “fail” to you, does not mean it’s a “fail” for everyone…. Like I said two times already, don’t be egocentric. It’s not all about you. You complain in every section I venture off to. I don’t understand why you insist of staying on an Acura forum if it seems like you are so unhappy with the brand with all the complaining you do.

Last edited by richii0207; 07-07-2022 at 06:33 PM.
WTF.Acura (07-10-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 08:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Then don’t buy it, very simple.Why does it bother you so much? Did you buy it or invest in its R&D?

Just because it’s a “fail” to you, does not mean it’s a “fail” for everyone…. Like I said two times already, don’t be egocentric. It’s not all about you. You complain in every section I venture off to. I don’t understand why you insist of staying on an Acura forum if it seems like you are so unhappy with the brand with all the complaining you do.
Fail
The following 2 users liked this post by ESHBG:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (07-07-2022), richii0207 (07-07-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 08:57 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Those Copper Wheels

Just a little piece of info. that I will get updated prob. next week. They look good, esp, on the blue car. I know some folks just might be wanting them,
and one person said...we may not be able to order them across the Parts counter unless you have a PMC model and submit your VIN. Well, that is
true with some manufacturers. I kind of like them...would help to see them in person, to see how "coppery....?"....they are. Meaning the shade, bright,
lighter toned etc. And, not sure how they'd look on my white Type S. Thinking maybe ???....getting them as a second set to have and having a
different look at times. I do like my BBS wheels. But, it's like loving many flavors of ice cream. Sometimes one is just not enough to satisfy!!

So, I emailed my Service and Parts Director and asked: Did he have the Parts Cat. for the PMC yet, and IF he thought those wheels would be orderable,
without owning one. He does not have the Parts Cat. yet, and he "thinks that he should be able to order them." We'll know more later.

What's cool about being with one dealer for over 10 years is that I got an answer back to my email....and he's on vacation...out of state!! And, my New Car Mgr
known for over 10 yrs does the exact same thing...always answers no matter where he is...work, on vacation...even, yes, out of the country!!

Now why did I bring that up? Because on this site I was trashed for saying one of the best ways to make great deals and get extra consideration for lots of things
associated with a new car purchase, is to have built a great relationship with one dealer. I was able to do that with mine, and of course, why I keep going back
10 new Acuras purchased there. So, this is one piece of proof of what I had written about....is so true. Why I got trashed then, I have no idea...except the person was
an idiot and didn't know very much about the car buying world. He may still be on here, I don't know. Oops....Moderator police might be after me now. I called someone...
don't now who it was now...an idiot. Sorry Mr. Moderator...but, it's true! LOL!
bilirubin (07-08-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 09:08 PM
Pro

Fail
Haha :-D You’re a cool dude, despite our differences of opinions.
ESHBG (07-08-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 10:17 PM
Pro

Received 539 Likes on 264 Posts
You guys do realize that some of the guys here are just Trolls... Type S loses in a quarter mile to G70/Stinger/S4 - 50 pages of how it's trash.... Type S smokes Stinger/G70 on a track and almost keeps up with IS500 that's pushing close to 500hp and is a much lighter car - NOT A PEEP from the same trolls....
The following 10 users liked this post by dmski:
22TypeS (05-11-2023), Big_Slick (07-09-2022), bilirubin (07-08-2022), Jim2301 (07-08-2022), KrylonBlue (07-07-2022), Legend2TL (07-22-2022), MarcoTLX (07-07-2022), richii0207 (07-08-2022), wilztlxs (07-07-2022), WTF.Acura (07-10-2022) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-08-2022, 06:17 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by dmski
You guys do realize that some of the guys here are just Trolls... Type S loses in a quarter mile to G70/Stinger/S4 - 50 pages of how it's trash.... Type S smokes Stinger/G70 on a track and almost keeps up with IS500 that's pushing close to 500hp and is a much lighter car - NOT A PEEP from the same trolls....
Don’t forget the lap of America too where the Type S bested the CT4V BW and an MK8 Golf R on average over a series of various tracks.
https://www.onelapofamerica.com/even...ING&eventId=42

Last edited by richii0207; 07-08-2022 at 06:19 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by richii0207:
bilirubin (07-08-2022), WTF.Acura (07-10-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 11:51 AM
Pro

Or it could be that some of us know how to stay on topic and aren't bringing up irrelevant things into a particular discussion like you just did.
Welcome to Acurazine where every topic is derailed to how good the German cars are. You know the drill. You are not new here. Didn't see you complaining in those threads.
The following 3 users liked this post by dmski:
Legend2TL (07-08-2022), MarcoTLX (07-08-2022), WTF.Acura (07-10-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 01:59 PM
Pro

Derailed another whine fest by the same whiners.... Yup, you got it.
WTF.Acura (07-10-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 02:52 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 333 Likes on 223 Posts
Well to add information that may be useful, a lot of popular automotive blogs/articles suggest an estimated msrp of $58k for the Type-S PMC
Edward'TLS (07-08-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 06:43 PM
Super Serial

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I personally am loving these PMC editions. I drive a 2010 RDX and am about to buy a TLX Type-S. I was going to add on a lot of the cosmetic options this comes standard with so for me it's a no brainer. I can easily live without a HUD (don't like them), heated rear seats, and 360 camera from the advance package.

I was going to get a Tiger Eye Pearl but that Long Beach Blue Pearl looks amazing. I'm in talk with Sterling Acura of Austin who says they should be getting a PMC edition and are trying to get the blue one.

You all can hate on it all you want, won't change my opinion of it. I think these look gorgeous and will drive it around with pride.
The following 6 users liked this post by ManBearPig:
a35tl (07-08-2022), Colorado Guy AF Ret. (07-08-2022), MarcoTLX (07-09-2022), richii0207 (07-08-2022), silverTL6 (08-25-2022), WTF.Acura (07-10-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-08-2022, 08:47 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by ManBearPig
I personally am loving these PMC editions. I drive a 2010 RDX and am about to buy a TLX Type-S. I was going to add on a lot of the cosmetic options this comes standard with so for me it's a no brainer. I can easily live without a HUD (don't like them), heated rear seats, and 360 camera from the advance package.

I was going to get a Tiger Eye Pearl but that Long Beach Blue Pearl looks amazing. I'm in talk with Sterling Acura of Austin who says they should be getting a PMC edition and are trying to get the blue one.

You all can hate on it all you want, won't change my opinion of it. I think these look gorgeous and will drive it around with pride.
I just bought my Type S. IF not, then I too would want the blue one. I only worry about getting a scratch in that fancy paint job!!
Old 07-08-2022, 08:49 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
Well to add information that may be useful, a lot of popular automotive blogs/articles suggest an estimated msrp of $58k for the Type-S PMC
If true, not bad at all.
Old 07-09-2022, 09:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

And then add at least $10-15K on top of that for the, "Er ma gersh this car is BAD ASS and very rare!" dealer markup.
MarcoTLX (07-09-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 09:15 AM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

And then add at least $10-15K on top of that for the, "Er ma gersh this car is BAD ASS and very rare!" dealer markup.
yeah my friend works at an Acura dealer in northern Maryland and he told me although his dealership is doing msrp on most of their models, the Type-S PMC will definitely come with a markup at their dealership because it will be a limited, rare car 😭😭
ESHBG (07-09-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 10:03 AM
Pro

Rare/limited cars often have a significant markup unfortunately. Just gotta shop around. It took me about 6 months to find my CTR at MSRP. As long as the buyer is happy, it’s a win-win for both dealer and buyer.
The following 2 users liked this post by richii0207:
Jim2301 (07-10-2022), WTF.Acura (07-10-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 12:36 PM
Pro

yeah my friend works at an Acura dealer in northern Maryland and he told me although his dealership is doing msrp on most of their models, the Type-S PMC will definitely come with a markup at their dealership because it will be a limited, rare car 😭😭
That's business for you. You vote with your wallet. Not sure what business you are in, however, mark ups these days are just so common... Those materials you bought from us a couple of months ago had a 10% increase mark up, and yes we just increased them again another 10%. Take it or leave it.
The following 2 users liked this post by dmski:
MarcoTLX (07-09-2022), WTF.Acura (07-10-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 02:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
After seeing a few PMC Editions...and based on what you just said about Ferraris and Astons...I would say then....the PMC Editions have better panel fit...perfect...and paint! Have you gone over
an NSX, or any PMC model?? You'd have to work hard to find "wavy panels...or bad paint....no, that would never leave the PMC facility.
Yes most PMC's I have seen and NSX's have been pretty stellar. It's only when dealer detailers get their hands on the car that some get marred/damaged. I remember vividly a Blue NSX that was just incredible when I walked around it, depth of paint, etc was way better than any TL I've seen. I haven't see a Ferrari with wavy panels, mostly astons when they go up for sale.

With that said, I hope the paint is nice and thick just like it was on the 2G RL and older 1GNA1/1.5G NA2 NSX. My 2G MDX and 4G TL have noticeably thinner paint than the 2G RL, I'd say the 3G TL was somewhere closer to the 2G MDX maybe slightly thicker. Seeing paint failures on newer honda/acura products has really left a sour taste with me. It's nowhere near as bad as Kia/Hyundai but still present.

Old 07-09-2022, 07:41 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmski
That's business for you. You vote with your wallet. Not sure what business you are in, however, mark ups these days are just so common... Those materials you bought from us a couple of months ago had a 10% increase mark up, and yes we just increased them again another 10%. Take it or leave it.
Funny you mention that cause I recently stepped into the Auto/Car Business a few months ago and It looks like im gonna be in this business for a good while, so I know how it is materials and inventory wise. I was talking to my NoVa (Northern VA) Acura salesmen and his biggest complaint when I told him about the TLX-S PMC was that "Acura introduces all these new variations, but doesn't produce enough of the non PMC version" and that the base TLX Type-S already is scarce as is.

Fortunately enough the automotive group I work for owns an Acura dealership in my area so I'm definitely gonna take advantage of the employee perks as I plan out getting a TLX-S in the next 1-2 years (1 year if the market bottoms out sooner).
Big_Slick (07-10-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 09:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

I was talking to my NoVa (Northern VA) Acura salesmen and his biggest complaint when I told him about the TLX-S PMC was that "Acura introduces all these new variations, but doesn't produce enough of the non PMC version" and that the base TLX Type-S already is scarce as is.
Because unfortunately Acura has gone off the rails and doesn't know what it is doing. Hopefully when they move to EV they can right the ship a little.
MarcoTLX (07-10-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 12:07 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
I have no idea what this look cost, but I can guarantee that it wasn't cheap.

Old 07-10-2022, 03:57 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Honda430
I have no idea what this look cost, but I can guarantee that it wasn't cheap.

https://youtu.be/dNT3EGmEvB0
I can’t say I’m a big fan of this. Those wheels look so out of place in my opinion. Plus I worry about scraping the bottom of my splitter exiting some parking lots with stock height. This guys just asking for it.
The following 2 users liked this post by KrylonBlue:
a35tl (07-10-2022), MarcoTLX (07-11-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 04:12 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,422 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Those wheels are at least an inch too wide for those tires. It looks like ass. Even if they fit they still look like cheapo “rims”.
The following 3 users liked this post by fiatlux:
KrylonBlue (07-10-2022), MarcoTLX (07-11-2022), silverTL6 (08-25-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 07:28 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Oh i have met the guy that owns that car! I used to workout in that gym.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:04 PM
Family Hauler

Received 159 Likes on 75 Posts
That TLX-S looks clean, not my personal choice of wheels but I can definitely appreciate how clean it looks.

Now, back to the topic of this thread - who is ordering a new PMC model?
Old 07-10-2022, 10:14 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by caLiTLX
That TLX-S looks clean, not my personal choice of wheels but I can definitely appreciate how clean it looks.

Funny story here. I showed my dad the new colors and he looked at me, dead serious mind you, and said “don’t even think about it. Your car is great”.

He thought I was going to trade in my Apex Blue for the new one. 🤣
The following 2 users liked this post by KrylonBlue:
ELIN (07-11-2022), MarcoTLX (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 07:34 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
Funny story here. I showed my dad the new colors and he looked at me, dead serious mind you, and said “don’t even think about it. Your car is great”.

He thought I was going to trade in my Apex Blue for the new one. 🤣
I've seen Laguna Beach Blue in person on the RDX PMC. It's absolutely stunning, very glossy. Compared to our Apex Blue, it's definitely lighter and less pearlescent/metallic, like what Audi's Nardo Grey is compared to a typical silver metallic . The one draw back of it is that it makes the finish more "unvaried", i.e. it snows out a lot of the curvatures and depth of the body panels so styling details are lost - kinda like how that yellow Integra concept actually looked worse than the production model (when the latter is in one of the pearl or metallic colors). If both Apex Blue and Laguna Beach Blue were both widely available, I'd still go for the Apex Blue myself as I think it brings out the TLX's curves quite a bit more.
MarcoTLX (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 01:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts
Ordered

Originally Posted by caLiTLX

I text the sales manager at my dealership at 9am on 7/1 and paid a $500 deposit. I'm #1 for my dealer. Hoping for a Long Beach Blue one. I currently have a 22 Type S, VIN 440, that I will be selling if I'm I get my hands on the Long Beach Blue one. Fingers crossed and we will see what happens. The dealer got a Long Beach Blue RDX last time so hoping since I put a deposit in so early, that they get to pick the color they get allocated.
Old 07-11-2022, 01:34 PM
Family Hauler

Received 159 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by BOWA41
I text the sales manager at my dealership at 9am on 7/1 and paid a $500 deposit. I'm #1 for my dealer. Hoping for a Long Beach Blue one. I currently have a 22 Type S, VIN 440, that I will be selling if I'm I get my hands on the Long Beach Blue one. Fingers crossed and we will see what happens. The dealer got a Long Beach Blue RDX last time so hoping since I put a deposit in so early, that they get to pick the color they get allocated.
Nice! Please do share pictures if and when you get it… good luck!
BOWA41 (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 02:13 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by BOWA41
nice! did they give you a timeline of when it would arrive?
Old 07-11-2022, 02:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by bilirubin
nice! did they give you a timeline of when it would arrive?
No timeline and no other info than what was released. Now just a waiting game until they get more information. I waited 7 months to get my current Type S so I'll just keep loving my current Type S until it arrives.
bilirubin (07-11-2022)

Quick Reply: Acura TLX Type-S PMC Edition - Official Reveal