TLX V6 AWS -my issues.. N e one else?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015 | 08:33 PM
Advanced

TLX V6 AWS -my issues.. N e one else?

So I have had my 2015 TLX AWS v6 advance package for two months and I've had a little list of issues. I've posted some here but wanted to out them together and see if anyone else has had n e of these problems.

1. - steering wheel noise (posted on separate thread) https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926473&goto=newpost

2. Collision mitigation system has had error message appear at 1500 and 2000 miles but was on the same spot of same road so I'm not sure that it isn't road related to that area.

3. Heated seat will not always turn on after starting car with remote start. (Addressed in another thread as well)

4. Recently I tried to set ACC (cruise) and it kept telling me ACC off when it was obviously On based on lights in info center. Only has happened once.

5. I was trying to make a call (phone linked with blue tooth) and the speed dial list came up and when I hit the first one to call on speed dial, the screen froze. I could not make the call and the source button stopped working on my steering wheel. When I would try to use it it would display error on the info screen (screen in between tach and speed odometer). This reset after cutting car off.

6. Strange vibration/noise at around 1400rpm. This one really confuses me. I've yet to nail it down but it seems to be at certain times around 1400rpm. It's usually around 40 mph but I had it do out today at around 60 mph. It's a feeling that u can feel in the gas pedal and the steering wheel. My hubby has wondered if maybe it's where it's in between using cylinders? I'm not sure how all that works but I've never noticed it on a car before. It almost feels like a "lugging" of sort and it goes away if u press the gas harder.

So most of these sound like software issues don't you think? Do I need a reload? I know the steering wheel and vibration isn't software but everything else corrects after a restart. The collision Mitigation system reset after applying brakes and coming to a complete stop.

Thanks for any advice you guys can offer. I appreciate all the help. I bought a new car to hopefully not have any issues and now it seems like I've got more than I had with my Lexus IS250 I traded in. but I still do love my TLX!
Old 03-30-2015 | 10:25 PM
10th Gear

I have a TLX Advance also but no serious problems to report other than loosing some settings every once in a while. Im in the middle of a long road trip the car is amazing and runs perfectly. I will be taking it in to see if a software update is needed when I get home next week.
Old 03-31-2015 | 12:12 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bladerunner68
I have a TLX Advance also but no serious problems to report other than loosing some settings every once in a while. Im in the middle of a long road trip the car is amazing and runs perfectly. I will be taking it in to see if a software update is needed when I get home next week.
I agree it runs great. Lots of fun to drive! Are you taking it in for a update because of issues you are having or just because there is one? Have you had any of the issues I mentioned? Thanks!
Old 03-31-2015 | 12:25 PM

is the steering electronically controlled? meaning its not a mechanical pump right?

if so, there could be software updates to the steering...but not sure if it would get rid of that noise.
Old 03-31-2015 | 08:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by justnspace
is the steering electronically controlled? meaning its not a mechanical pump right?

if so, there could be software updates to the steering...but not sure if it would get rid of that noise.
Yikes I have no idea if it's electronic. It has lane keep assist so I would think its electronic. It almost sounds like something in the airbag cavity. Hard to tell though
Old 03-31-2015 | 10:01 PM
4th Gear

I experienced #4 this morning. When trying to set the cruise it would flash ACC OFF, even though it was on. (The only thing i did before trying to set the cruise was press the lane assist). When i drove the car later in the day, it was back to working fine. I will see about reproducing the issues again tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2015 | 01:38 AM
Instructor

4. Recently I tried to set ACC (cruise) and it kept telling me ACC off when it was obviously On based on lights in info center. Only has happened once. [/QUOTE]

I have the same exact problem, its all documented in this thread.
https://acurazine.com/forums/fifth-g...cruise-927173/

Long story short, still happens about once/twice a week, I have learned to live with it.

Side note, I think Acura rushed to release the TLX with so mcuh technology in it without proper quality control. I have been die hard loyal Honda/Acura customer, and I really like TLX but I am slowly getting soured about Acura the whole buying experience, dealership, service, and lots of little annoyance with the new TLX.
Old 04-03-2015 | 04:56 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by open contact
4. Recently I tried to set ACC (cruise) and it kept telling me ACC off when it was obviously On based on lights in info center. Only has happened once.
I have the same exact problem, its all documented in this thread.
https://acurazine.com/forums/fifth-g...cruise-927173/

Long story short, still happens about once/twice a week, I have learned to live with it.

Side note, I think Acura rushed to release the TLX with so mcuh technology in it without proper quality control. I have been die hard loyal Honda/Acura customer, and I really like TLX but I am slowly getting soured about Acura the whole buying experience, dealership, service, and lots of little annoyance with the new TLX.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's so annoying. I use it daily but it has only happened once to me so far. I'm at 2800 miles. I agree that there are a lot of technology bugs with this. More so than any other car I've owned, but it's also the nicest one I have had too I'm hoping all of these issues are software related and they will release an update that cures it all! That's possible, right? For now, I have a small list when I take it in to my dealer.
Old 04-08-2015 | 04:55 PM
Racer

Your 1,400RPM vibration is most likely VCM. It annoys the snot out of me in my car.
Old 04-14-2015 | 01:41 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jeich182
Your 1,400RPM vibration is most likely VCM. It annoys the snot out of me in my car.
it is BAD annoying! is there a correction or does that happen on every TLX?
Old 04-14-2015 | 02:36 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ It is hard to tell if your vehicle is vibrating more or that you are more susceptible to it. Our former RDX had the VCM and it was almost non-noticeable yet some owners of the RDX were saying it was affecting them to a point they wanted to give the car back.

We would have to do an experiment where someone that states that the VCM doesn't bother them drive your TLX and see if they feel the same and then have you drive a vehicle for which the owner says there is no vibration issue and see what you feel.

That way, we could tell whether its the individual or the technology.
The following users liked this post:
Stew4HD (04-14-2015)
Old 04-14-2015 | 02:49 PM
Suzuka Master

^ got your thanks
The following users liked this post:
weather (04-14-2015)
Old 04-19-2015 | 02:01 PM
Racer

I haven't had any of your issues and I'm wondering when your build date was. My car was built on 2/1/15 and perhaps it's in need of a software update. Most of your symptoms seem to be of the computer controlled variety. It's nice that the newer cars are controlled by computer so that if the software can be updated the car can be modified to have the latest features, but it's bad because of what bugs may be present until they get them all fixed.

Good luck with your issues, and I would definitely make a trip to my dealer or perhaps even call A.C.R. if the problems persist.
Old 04-19-2015 | 03:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hoosier_TLX
I haven't had any of your issues and I'm wondering when your build date was. My car was built on 2/1/15 and perhaps it's in need of a software update. Most of your symptoms seem to be of the computer controlled variety. It's nice that the newer cars are controlled by computer so that if the software can be updated the car can be modified to have the latest features, but it's bad because of what bugs may be present until they get them all fixed.

Good luck with your issues, and I would definitely make a trip to my dealer or perhaps even call A.C.R. if the problems persist.
I have wondered that too. When did a new software update come out? The vin sticker on my door shows 12/14. Is that the build date? I didn't see any dates on the originally window sticker. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2015 | 12:41 PM
Advanced

I meant to ask this: The vibration I feel happens when I am accelerating. Would that still be vcm? I don't understand how vcm works exactly. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2015 | 02:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

No. Once you start to accelerate the VCM will shut off and all cylinders will be operational.

When there is no load on the engine, i.e., level road or downhill, not accelerating, and rev 1,500 or higher the control module will deactivate 3 or the cylinders. This saves gas but will result in slightly rougher vibration. Special engine mounts are installed to lessen this feel.
Old 04-20-2015 | 05:55 PM
Advanced

Well mine seems to do it when I'm first pulling out from a stop and get to about 1400 rpm. But not every time. I've never felt it going up a hill but I've felt it in flat and going down a hill when accelerating. So what would hat be reckon? I'm taking it in to the dealer in about a month and I want to have my ducks in a row. I've already told them about my other issues and have been told if it can't be duplicated at the dealership than they can't fix it.
Old 04-22-2015 | 03:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Quandry
No. Once you start to accelerate the VCM will shut off and all cylinders will be operational.

When there is no load on the engine, i.e., level road or downhill, not accelerating, and rev 1,500 or higher the control module will deactivate 3 or the cylinders. This saves gas but will result in slightly rougher vibration. Special engine mounts are installed to lessen this feel.
Define accelerating? If one is applying extremely light throttle VCM will remain engaged and actually gets rougher as it lugs the car, such as on a slight incline. Any sudden light to moderate (or heavy) increase will immediately cause VCM to disengage.
Old 04-22-2015 | 03:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by weather
^^ It is hard to tell if your vehicle is vibrating more or that you are more susceptible to it. Our former RDX had the VCM and it was almost non-noticeable yet some owners of the RDX were saying it was affecting them to a point they wanted to give the car back.

We would have to do an experiment where someone that states that the VCM doesn't bother them drive your TLX and see if they feel the same and then have you drive a vehicle for which the owner says there is no vibration issue and see what you feel.

That way, we could tell whether its the individual or the technology.
I've driven 4 current gen. RDX and 3 current gen. MDX, all with VCM and it was barely perceptible in those cars. Part of what made me think it would be OK in TLX. After a couple trips to the dealer for the issue they had me drive another TLX FWD V6 and it did the exact same thing as my car (same degree of vibration). They have no explanation as to why the system functions flawlessly in their SUVs and vibrates this car. They acknowledge the vibration is there (it can be felt by passengers) but maintain that it is "normal operation at this time". I'm very disappointed that a luxury or premium vehicle would have such vibrations that Acura is content to let make it to the market.
Old 04-22-2015 | 08:27 PM
Advanced

Define accelerating? If one is applying extremely light throttle VCM will remain engaged and actually gets rougher as it lugs the car, such as on a slight incline. Any sudden light to moderate (or heavy) increase will immediately cause VCM to disengage.
By accelerating I meant that I'm gaining speed when it happens. But I am usually giving very light throttle (going down a hill or level). It happens like clock work in the same two or three spots every morning on my commute. My concern is that I've read on here about similar issues with the MDX and it was a torque converter issue. That scares me! If it's nothing mechanical, I can live with it (shouldn't have to, but can!)
Old 04-22-2015 | 08:46 PM
Advanced

I've driven 4 current gen. RDX and 3 current gen. MDX, all with VCM and it was barely perceptible in those cars. Part of what made me think it would be OK in TLX. After a couple trips to the dealer for the issue they had me drive another TLX FWD V6 and it did the exact same thing as my car (same degree of vibration). They have no explanation as to why the system functions flawlessly in their SUVs and vibrates this car. They acknowledge the vibration is there (it can be felt by passengers) but maintain that it is "normal operation at this time". I'm very disappointed that a luxury or premium vehicle would have such vibrations that Acura is content to let make it to the market.
When does it happen in your car? I can feel it in the passenger seat as well but when driving I can feel it in the gas pedal, steering wheel, and my seat. If I press the gas just a bit, it stops. But it also seems to change gear when I do that as well. I wish there was a way to tell what gear you were in and see if it always happens in the same gear. There isn't a way to display gear is there??
Old 04-23-2015 | 06:53 AM
Racer

Yes that's where I feel VCM, wheel, pedal, sometimes seat. Press the gas a bit and it stops. Nice feature *sarcasm* for a $40k "premium" car where smoothness is requisite. No there's no gear display but if you hit the paddle once you can tell what gear it was in.
Old 04-23-2015 | 12:16 PM
Advanced

Yes that's where I feel VCM, wheel, pedal, sometimes seat. Press the gas a bit and it stops. Nice feature *sarcasm* for a $40k "premium" car where smoothness is requisite. No there's no gear display but if you hit the paddle once you can tell what gear it was in.
Ok thanks! I tried the paddle shifters and I feel it at all different gears so it's more about the speed I think. I will mention it for sure when I take it in but I know I will get nowhere with it.