9AT Hard Shift 1-2 and 2-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 11:08 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JT4
Congrats on the Lexus, you will love it.. The interior looks great I really like the Rioja Red..
Thanks, Yes I also love red interior. Initially I was debating between Red or Flaxeen. But after seeing the Red interior there was no going back. In another note I love this car. I know it has only 6 speed transmission (since its an AWD) but man I cant even feel there are gears. Very smooth and for a change now I m first to leave the traffic signal instead of falling behind due to slow shifting. I got the optional ML sound system (17 speakers) that just blows my mind.

I really hope everyone here can get their transmission replaced
Old 04-02-2016, 02:24 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
Originally Posted by kchemist
I really hope everyone here can get their transmission replaced
While I hope so too, we won't. Some will, but most others like me will get a new transmission when its attached to our new Lexus or BMW.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Styl1n

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by 1Louder
While I hope so too, we won't. Some will, but most others like me will get a new transmission when its attached to our new Lexus or BMW.
you got that right. went to the car show yesterday and spoke to the Acura product rep and i told her this car is crap her response was do you have a 15? those had a lot of issue the 16 model are corrected and working great. my response was you see infiniti over there? that will be my fix
The following users liked this post:
1Louder (04-04-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kuzdu
you got that right. went to the car show yesterday and spoke to the Acura product rep and i told her this car is crap her response was do you have a 15? those had a lot of issue the 16 model are corrected and working great. my response was you see infiniti over there? that will be my fix
Other than that VCM vibration that my car has, it's running good now. Just about the same as the 16 loaner that I had
Old 04-04-2016, 12:49 PM

I don't think there is any question the replacement tranny makes things a lot better.

The problem is they are denying a lot of people that fix with no clear reason why some qualify and others don't.

Truth is the even if the shifting issues get fixed the 9-speed is awful enough to change cars or just avoid it all together.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
went to the car show yesterday and spoke to the Acura product rep and i told her this car is crap her response was do you have a 15? those had a lot of issue the 16 model are corrected and working great.
And here in lies the problem, and the reason I will be looking for a new manufacturer after my lease runs out, because they KNOW the 15 is crap, and yet they won't do anything about it. And as was pointed out above, there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets a new tranny and who doesn't.

I've been a loyal Acura owner/lessor since 1999, and have been through four in the last five years, yet that wasn't enough for them to help me out, even though I stuck with them when I had to have a tranny replaced in my 99 and 01 TL's respectively. Screw this BS.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:04 PM

^ Same here - I'm on my 5th Acura since 2006, currently own 3. You'd think that would count for something.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
So I just got my car back after the transmission replacement. The 2-3 shift is even worst than before the replacement! There is a significant and VERY noticeable delay when the car shifts to gear 3. How is this even possible?! I have attached below the work order. It mentioned there was a SH-AWD error code. I questioned my Service Adviser about this and I was told the old transmission had the SH-AWD error codes not the new one and after the replacement everything is fine. Serious what is going on?!

Old 04-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Vlke
So I just got my car back after the transmission replacement. The 2-3 shift is even worst than before the replacement! There is a significant and VERY noticeable delay when the car shifts to gear 3. How is this even possible?! I have attached below the work order. It mentioned there was a SH-AWD error code. I questioned my Service Adviser about this and I was told the old transmission had the SH-AWD error codes not the new one and after the replacement everything is fine. Serious what is going on?!
When my tranny was swapped on my SH-AWD, the replacement was (and is) flawless. With the updated software release in TSB 16-012, the shifts are smooth and there is no lag at all.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a post in another thread and he said his part number for his new tranny was 06200-5L9-A59RM, which is not what is on your ticket. Did they put another 15 in your car? They also had to perform the TSB 16-012 on his new tranny, so you might ask them if that was performed as well, or needed, and this might help answer which tranny they put in. Good luck.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Still cant believe acura hasnt done shit for the early owners.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by f1nzup
There was a post in another thread and he said his part number for his new tranny was 06200-5L9-A59RM, which is not what is on your ticket. Did they put another 15 in your car? They also had to perform the TSB 16-012 on his new tranny, so you might ask them if that was performed as well, or needed, and this might help answer which tranny they put in. Good luck.

I'm not sure about the difference in tranny based on the part #. I know someone had a screenshot of their work order and the part # was 06200-5J4-A68RM and there were no issues.

My work order states the new TCM was giving an error code they can't clear so they had to use the old TCM. Could it be the old TCM they reused? Like the new tranny is fine but it's the TCM that is causing it to behave in such ways?

What really irritates me is that my Service Adviser told me the car is perfect now after the swap while Acura Relations told me they were advised by the field rep that was on site for the replacement that the car still shifts the same and all 2015 shifts like this.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:53 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm not sure about the difference in tranny based on the part #. I know someone had a screenshot of their work order and the part # was 06200-5J4-A68RM and there were no issues.

My work order states the new TCM was giving an error code they can't clear so they had to use the old TCM. Could it be the old TCM they reused? Like the new tranny is fine but it's the TCM that is causing it to behave in such ways?
My 2015 with the replaced transmission shifts the same as the 2016 loaner they gave me.. All is good

What really irritates me is that my Service Adviser told me the car is perfect now after the swap while Acura Relations told me they were advised by the field rep that was on site for the replacement that the car still shifts the same and all 2015 shifts like this.
My 2015 with the replaced transmission shifts like the 2016 loaner they gave me. All is good. They messed something up.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Styl1n

Hey I think it's the Tcm and for most of us who's car doesn't have the same throttle response this could be the issue as well. My car shifts very smooth but the throttle response is still crap and I think it's due to this part. You should go back and fight with them call up corporate and send links from this forum.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Instructor

Hey I think it's the Tcm and for most of us who's car doesn't have the same throttle response this could be the issue as well. My car shifts very smooth but the throttle response is still crap and I think it's due to this part. You should go back and fight with them call up corporate and send links from this forum.
I spoke with my case manager. She said she'll speak with the field rep and get back to me. She did remind me that they told me from the beginning that all 2015 TLX shifts like that..
Old 04-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Styl1n

I spoke with my case manager. She said she'll speak with the field rep and get back to me. She did remind me that they told me from the beginning that all 2015 TLX shifts like that..
Tell them that's pure BS and they have to stop covering up the crap machines they built. I have my dealer as ear full now when I for service they take me first and are scared. I'm going to bring up the tcm issue very soon when I get fed up of it
Old 04-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Instructor

My dealer has really bad service. All these months it's been me calling Acura Relations to try to get the tranny swapped. The dealer did nothing to help whatsoever. Also all the times I've brought my car in for service, I would say 1/10 problem was fixed. The others were not fixed or completely disregards (ie not even listing it in work order). The service manager no doubt hates me cause I brought the car in so many times and I even escalated to the General Manager once whom unfortunately did nothing. I actually don't want to ever deal with them but I was told the tranny swap was going to be there so I let it be. Going forward I'm going to request a different dealership. Also when I found out the 2-3 shift was still bad after the swap, I called to try to speak with the service manager. I was told by the service adviser that he'll get the service manager to call me back. I also sent him a text later that afternoon. I did not get a reply back via call or text.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ That is such BS! I can't understand why Acura won't try and solve these issues for the people who are insisting their car is not working properly. It seems very clear that something changed with the 2016 model so why can't they just make those who supported them when they brought out the TLX, with a car that works properly. Seriously, you get the loyal and early adopters to troubleshoot your screw ups and then treat them like shit...seriously!?!

I am not saying they have to recall all 2015, but when someone is not satisfied and is going at great length to have their car fixed, why not do it properly. In Vlke's situation, they already gave him a new tranny, why not give him the proper one and/or ensure that all software is applied properly and ensure the cars shifts like a 2016!
f1nzup (04-11-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by weather
^^ That is such BS! I can't understand why Acura won't try and solve these issues for the people who are insisting their car is not working properly. It seems very clear that something changed with the 2016 model so why can't they just make those who supported them when they brought out the TLX, with a car that works properly. Seriously, you get the loyal and early adopters to troubleshoot your screw ups and then treat them like shit...seriously!?!

I am not saying they have to recall all 2015, but when someone is not satisfied and is going at great length to have their car fixed, why not do it properly. In Vlke's situation, they already gave him a new tranny, why not give him the proper one and/or ensure that all software is applied properly and ensure the cars shifts like a 2016!
I spoke to the Senior Case Manager about this and she said she'll talk to the field rep again to see if another meeting is possible. I really don't care or want another meeting be honest. I just want to drop the car off and for them fix the tranny once and for all along with the other miscellaneous problems they've been neglecting. This issue has been on going for 11 months now and I just want it to end at this point. I'm tired of contacting Acura Relations on a weekly basis.

I already booked appointments to test drive the 2017 A4 and the 2016 Mercedes C300 next week as I'm considering trading in the car. If and when that happens, I'm going to contact consumer alert to share my experience with them so more people are aware how my dealership and Acura is handling this problem.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ The 2017 A4 is a gorgeous car and while some might find the design bland, I for one, find it very refined and elegant. It is ironic how I always avoided Audi because of the reliability issue and look what you went through with your TLX. 11 months of dealing with these sort of issues is not acceptable....Period.

I wish you best of luck - Personally, I don't like the design language of Mercedes, well, mostly their droopy rear end (when seen from the side view) but that is all relative I know....The A4 is gorgeous IMO (says the guys who drives a Lexus with the fugly design)
Old 04-10-2016, 07:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
^ I also find the A4 to be a nice car.

The only regret I have after getting out of my TLX is that the car looks great. I see it often. Seeing these post about continued problems seals it for me.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:19 AM
Instructor

If I do swap out of the TLX, I'm definitely going to miss some features on it like remote start and brake hold (when it works properly). I like the new A4 but I kinda wished the exterior looked more different. The interior is nice but I'm not really a fan of the long vent on the passenger side. Last time I checked it out, I couldn't feel any air coming from it. Wonder if it's just there for looks.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:21 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There is a comment by an owner in Edmunds dot com that summarizes the car in a few words: "Overall good car ruined by crappy 9speed tranny".

In addition, I would add by poor integration between VCM and the transmission shifts causing steering wheel vibration at around 1450 RPM.

I am not sure what Acura was thinking about when they decided to put a car out with so many issues and how did they think owners were going to react to it.

It is really a nice car that has been ruined by all these issues.

I am puzzled as to why not all the owners are complaining about it. I am thinking maybe it is just a few lucky owners that are dealing with these issues.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:58 AM
Instructor

^^
My guess with be that some that experience the issue simply brought the bs their dealership told them (ie it's normal). Some might not even realize there's an issue.

Also Weather, I like how the new Lexus look. I looked into the GS but it's a bit too pricey for me at the moment even on a lease. I tried the IS but it's too small for me.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CaliAtenza
I can confirm the rough shifting on the 16 MDX. The courtesy MDX that I was driven to and from the dealership earlier this week while having my TLX in for its first service (also got the latest transmission update applied) had an instance of a jolt/knock in the shift. That's never happened with my 15 TLX.
My wife has a 15 TLX. She has a rough shift between 2-3 over 3,000RPM. I have a 16 MDX. No rough shifting issue at all.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Intermediate

^^
My guess with be that some that experience the issue simply brought the bs their dealership told them (ie it's normal). Some might not even realize there's an issue.

Also Weather, I like how the new Lexus look. I looked into the GS but it's a bit too pricey for me at the moment even on a lease. I tried the IS but it's too small for me.
I was on the same boat as you are. GS is bit too pricey but when I factor in with alternative (Audi A4, Infiniti Q50) price difference was around 5k. Plus Audi A4 is also a new model and who knows what other problems it can have. Plus with GS you get more car than any other choice as it competes with BMW 5 ser, Audi A6 and E class. In Acura terms it competes with RLX. So I decided to negotiate on a $60350 MSRP car hoping to get around $52-53k. After a week of negotiatian with several dealerships I finally got it and pulled the trigger. Trust me extra money on a GS is well worth it. It drives very smooth. Its very luxurious and rides 10 times better than TLX.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Instructor

^^The GS f sport package is like $79k after tax in Canada which is $14k more than the A4 and c300 =(
Old 04-11-2016, 02:20 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by hwolfie
There is a comment by an owner in Edmunds dot com that summarizes the car in a few words: "Overall good car ruined by crappy 9speed tranny".

In addition, I would add by poor integration between VCM and the transmission shifts causing steering wheel vibration at around 1450 RPM.

I am not sure what Acura was thinking about when they decided to put a car out with so many issues and how did they think owners were going to react to it.

I am puzzled as to why not all the owners are complaining about it. I am thinking maybe it is just a few lucky owners that are dealing with these issues.
This car needed about 9 months of additional development before it was ready for production. But they had already committed to a timeline and TL production was shut down and so we all paid for that immature development.

If Acura had integrity they would realize their error and take responsibility for it and make things right for 2015 owners. But they don't.

I see little difference between Acura and Navtool. Many 2015 owners have been "Navtooled."
The following 5 users liked this post by Rocket_man:
1Louder (04-11-2016), 2011TL (04-12-2016), jeich182 (04-12-2016), quantum7 (04-11-2016), Stew4HD (04-11-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 06:29 AM
Instructor

Okay so I've been talking to 2 others that had their transmission swapped. I told one of them the TCM error code issue and how my car is worst than before and this is what he told me..

According to my dealership, there are 2 versions of the TCM, one for awd and one for fwd. Mine was the first unit they replaced and they installed a wrong one at the beginning that gives error codes. They had to order a new TCM to fix the problem. putting the old one back is certainly not right. I beleve they also put the new version of transmission into your car. there is no way that this old TCM would work with the new transmission unit.

Sounds like that's the same case with me. The dealer may have ordered the FWD TCM and was giving them the SH-AWD error code they can't clear. So they put in the old TCM (SH-AWD version) which didn't show any code and and they left it..
Old 04-11-2016, 08:46 AM
Styl1n

Okay so I've been talking to 2 others that had their transmission swapped. I told one of them the TCM error code issue and how my car is worst than before and this is what he told me..

According to my dealership, there are 2 versions of the TCM, one for awd and one for fwd. Mine was the first unit they replaced and they installed a wrong one at the beginning that gives error codes. They had to order a new TCM to fix the problem. putting the old one back is certainly not right. I beleve they also put the new version of transmission into your car. there is no way that this old TCM would work with the new transmission unit.

Sounds like that's the same case with me. The dealer may have ordered the FWD TCM and was giving them the SH-AWD error code they can't clear. So they put in the old TCM (SH-AWD version) which didn't show any code and and they left it..
I think the TCM is the issue for the sluggish performance and response time as well, I got to find out if mine was swapped out or reused.

is our tcm located on the Tranny itself?
Old 04-11-2016, 04:42 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I read before my purchase that the Honda build tranny was superior to the ZF in terms of shifts. I still got the V6 model, and I notice the shifting from 2 to 3, but it doesn't really bother me.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:51 PM

is our tcm located on the Tranny itself?
I believe that it is. When mine failed I thought they mentioned it was located on the tranny - but it's a separate, removable module.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by hwolfie

One of the reviews I read for the car began with, "I really want to love the TLX. I really do. But I can't". That hits it on the head for me. So much about the car I want to like but the transmission is just so bad I can't. And Acura's complete customer relations failure has only made a bad situation intolerable.

As for other people, I can only reason that a lot of people just might not notice. I think most of the "drive gentle, commuter crowd" just might not detect it (but I'd be willing to bet they all to it to a degree). I think the crowd that wants some performance will notice in a heartbeat.

Every time I visit this thread my very next visit is to Lexus - Luxury Sedans, SUVs, Hybrids, and Performance Cars.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:12 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
This car needed about 9 months of additional development before it was ready for production. But they had already committed to a timeline and TL production was shut down and so we all paid for that immature development.

If Acura had integrity they would realize their error and take responsibility for it and make things right for 2015 owners. But they don't.

I see little difference between Acura and Navtool. Many 2015 owners have been "Navtooled."
If you recall, there was a mysterious delay of the release of the TLX. It was supposed to be released in the Spring of 2014, but was delayed a few months. I always wondered what that was. Who knows, but they apparently didn't want to "put the car on sale until it's perfect". Their view of "perfection" is bizarre, to say the least. Here's an article from back then for those that didn't know about the delay of the release : 2015 Acura TLX launch delayed
This was even before the stop sale later that year.

One thing is for sure. I've decided my next car will more than likely not be an Acura... not after they released this car with its crappy transmission and then failed to stand behind their product. Well, at least in some of our cases. The next TLX can spew gold out of its tailpipe as a waste product, and I still wouldn't buy it.

Ok, I lied about that last part... I'd consider buying it then.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:22 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
One of the reviews I read for the car began with, "I really want to love the TLX. I really do. But I can't". That hits it on the head for me. So much about the car I want to like but the transmission is just so bad I can't. And Acura's complete customer relations failure has only made a bad situation intolerable.

As for other people, I can only reason that a lot of people just might not notice. I think most of the "drive gentle, commuter crowd" just might not detect it (but I'd be willing to bet they all to it to a degree). I think the crowd that wants some performance will notice in a heartbeat.
Same here. I actually think if the transmission issues were fixed, I would actually like this car despite the fact I think it has other clunky issues. The only thing keeping my vomit at bay every time I think about the transmission is the fact it gets great gas mileage. But I would somewhat disagree about only performance-oriented people should notice the transmission clunkiness. I bought the car in August and noticed it had a hard shift but it progressively got worse to the point even a normal acceleration in stop and go traffic caused a "thud" as it shifted. The several software updates since then have quieted that down to a "bump" and it's to the point where the car is not so painful to drive in stop and go traffic.

Part of me wants to get rid of the car, but I won't. I buy my cars and then drive them for years. This may be the one I get rid of as the 120k extended warranty expires instead of driving it almost 250k miles like my TL. I'll keep driving it for a few years and letting people know of my experience and then let Acura know they suck by not buying another one. It's about all I can do.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:29 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I believe that it is. When mine failed I thought they mentioned it was located on the tranny - but it's a separate, removable module.
At what mileage did it fail? After they replaced it, is it better or the same? How long did it take for them to replace?
Old 04-11-2016, 10:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
Same here. I actually think if the transmission issues were fixed, I would actually like this car despite the fact I think it has other clunky issues. The only thing keeping my vomit at bay every time I think about the transmission is the fact it gets great gas mileage. But I would somewhat disagree about only performance-oriented people should notice the transmission clunkiness. I bought the car in August and noticed it had a hard shift but it progressively got worse to the point even a normal acceleration in stop and go traffic caused a "thud" as it shifted. The several software updates since then have quieted that down to a "bump" and it's to the point where the car is not so painful to drive in stop and go traffic.

Part of me wants to get rid of the car, but I won't. I buy my cars and then drive them for years. This may be the one I get rid of as the 120k extended warranty expires instead of driving it almost 250k miles like my TL. I'll keep driving it for a few years and letting people know of my experience and then let Acura know they suck by not buying another one. It's about all I can do.
When was your car built? As best as I can tell, there was a hardware (and accompanying software) update around mid-2015, and some say that the 2016 models have yet another hardware update for the ZF 9HP.

When they swapped mine, and during the 7 weeks of various issues and loaner cars, I had a chance to drive an AWD built 4/15, a FWD built 10/15, and a couple of 2016 AWDs built in 11/15 and 12/15. The only one that exhibited even a slight issue with shifts was the 2015 AWD built 4/15. Hard shifts and some accelerator delays and downshift funkiness were present. My new transaxle with the latest software update doesn't exhibit any of those issues.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:12 PM
TLX-S

Received 225 Likes on 172 Posts
I have a 2015 AWD, built 1/15, with all of the latest software updates. The only thing I have is the minor 2-3 shift, which doesn't bother me. There are also no issues with throttle response. If I'm in Sport+, the 2-3 shift is smooth.
9SpeedTran (04-12-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 11:27 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by neil0311
When was your car built? As best as I can tell, there was a hardware (and accompanying software) update around mid-2015, and some say that the 2016 models have yet another hardware update for the ZF 9HP.

When they swapped mine, and during the 7 weeks of various issues and loaner cars, I had a chance to drive an AWD built 4/15, a FWD built 10/15, and a couple of 2016 AWDs built in 11/15 and 12/15. The only one that exhibited even a slight issue with shifts was the 2015 AWD built 4/15. Hard shifts and some accelerator delays and downshift funkiness were present. My new transaxle with the latest software update doesn't exhibit any of those issues.
Based on the VINs I think the hardware update came around Jun 2015. I personally am beginning to think this is the only hardware update. The difference is that the 2015's after Jun 2015 were still shipping with the same software. When they released the 2016 model year it came from the factory with the new transmission and therefore a new part number. This is why they seem to be able to put the same version of the new transmission software on the later 2015 builds as the 2016's. If the 2016 were a new hardware version it would likely need a different software version.

So what I'm trying to say....

- Initial production to ~Jun 2015 > original 9HP and software updates
- ~Jun 2015 > updated 9HP hardware, existing S/W (?). Later updated with TSB 16-012 software.
- 2016 Model > updated 9HP hardware from late 2015, shipping with new software from TSB 16-012 already installed.

TSB 16-012 effectivity includes ~Jun 2015 through 2016 cars. So I think this is the same version of the hardware.

2015–16 TLX V6 2WD with 9-speed A/T 19UUB2…FA021489 and later
2015–16 TLX V6 AWD with 9-speed A/T 19UUB3…FA007728 and later

My car is Aug 2015 but I have not been able to get the software updated, but I'd expect then my car would be the equivalent of a 2016 transmission.

Last edited by Rocket_man; 04-11-2016 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:35 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
So what I'm trying to say....

- Initial production to ~Jun 2015 > original 9HP and software updates
- ~Jun 2015 > updated 9HP hardware, existing S/W (?). Later updated with TSB 16-012 software.
- 2016 Model > updated 9HP hardware from late 2015, shipping with new software from TSB 16-012 already installed.

TSB 16-012 effectivity includes ~Jun 2015 through 2016 cars. So I think this is the same version of the hardware.

2015–16 TLX V6 2WD with 9-speed A/T 19UUB2…FA021489 and later
2015–16 TLX V6 AWD with 9-speed A/T 19UUB3…FA007728 and later

My car is Aug 2015 but I have not been able to get the software updated, but I'd expect then my car would be the equivalent of a 2016 transmission.
Although the TSB does include 2016 VINs, so not sure all 2016's have the update from the factory. My replacement tranny had to have the TSB and software update applied. It did not come installed in Feb 2016.

I can tell you that the 16-012 update makes a big difference to throttle response and downshifts, which I think was the stated purpose. My replaced tranny does not exhibit any of the lag or downshift issues that were present before replacement or in the 2015 loaners I drove that did not have the update applied (I assume).

Quick Reply: 9AT Hard Shift 1-2 and 2-3