9AT Hard Shift 1-2 and 2-3

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 08:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 562 Likes on 358 Posts
Originally Posted by kuzdu
I have a question, for those of us with new tranny's have you ever driven a 2016 model and compared the differences? Both shift smooth but how about shift points and acceleration and highway performance? Does the 2016 have a different program than we do? After my tranny was changed and I put on the lw crank pulley the car flys now. I think for some of us that have new tranny's and smooth shifting ones a new program will need to come out to change the behavior. The 9 speed kind of Act like the 6 speed in my 3.7. Probably the same programming was used but modified.
Is that something you just did or did Acura do it? What part did you replace it with?
Old 02-25-2016, 02:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
I finally had the latest transmission software patch applied to my car during my last service several weeks ago. My tranny was shifting fine, but it was part of the service action regarding shifts into neutral. I am really happy I got the software update.

My transmission would occasionally muff the 2-3 shift, and my attention would be drawn to the transmission. Since the latest update, the shifts have been perfect, and I am never drawn to the shifting. A/T's should just do their job without being noticed, and mine is. The biggest improvement was in downshifts on the highway. That delay used to be my biggest complaint.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr Hyde:
moy_tls08 (03-02-2016), Rocket_man (02-27-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 05:49 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been posting the petition link on Acura Canada's Facebook page and they keep removing lol....

https://www.change.org/p/jon-ikeda-t...-transmissions
Old 02-25-2016, 07:45 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
Originally Posted by Vlke
I've been posting the petition link on Acura Canada's Facebook page and they keep removing lol....

https://www.change.org/p/jon-ikeda-t...-transmissions
lol. You're messing with their precision crafted bs.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:35 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am on the same boat with 9 speed transmission. The transmission is lagging on acceleration and 1-2 tranmission is hesitating. Took to dealership and was told tranmission is acting normal. Called ACR and they denied any defective tranmission.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:50 PM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by mecyl
I am on the same boat with 9 speed transmission. The transmission is lagging on acceleration and 1-2 tranmission is hesitating. Took to dealership and was told tranmission is acting normal. Called ACR and they denied any defective tranmission.
The real question is why some people have this experience and others...like me...have another. Is it dumb luck, us, the dealer, or something about the specific vehicle?

Why did the dealer look at my car, having the same symptoms, for 2 days and then after contact with ACR, the dealer and district rep approve replacement, while others get stonewalled for months.

Anyone know or want to venture a guess?
Old 02-26-2016, 09:58 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
lol. You're messing with their precision crafted bs.
They just removed it for the 4th time. It's up for the 5th time.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:59 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
I finally had the latest transmission software patch applied to my car during my last service several weeks ago. My tranny was shifting fine, but it was part of the service action regarding shifts into neutral. I am really happy I got the software update.

My transmission would occasionally muff the 2-3 shift, and my attention would be drawn to the transmission. Since the latest update, the shifts have been perfect, and I am never drawn to the shifting. A/T's should just do their job without being noticed, and mine is. The biggest improvement was in downshifts on the highway. That delay used to be my biggest complaint.
Just to clarify, you are talking about this software update???...

TSB 16-012 - Transmission Function Improvements: Sensation of Surge While Braking, Slow Downshift Response at Low Engine Speeds, and Other Listed Symptoms
2015–16 TLX V6 2WD with 9-speed A/T 19UUB2…FA021489 and later
2015–16 TLX V6 AWD with 9-speed A/T 19UUB3…FA007728 and later

I'm in this range too and debating if it is worth the risk. I mostly suffer from shift lag.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:19 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
I just got my Consumer Reports magazine with the 2015 car data in it. No surprises in here but I feel a bit more validated.

2015 Acura TLX overall review: Reliability rated "worse" (lowest score), Satisfaction above average. From the narrative, "The V6 is a gem, with plenty of power, but it's nine-speed automatic shifts roughly...First year reliability has been much below average."

It had the lowest overall score in the Luxury Compact segment largely driven by it's "worse" score for predicted reliability.

When it broke out the scores for individual trouble spots, the car actually got "better" (the highest mark) for everything but transmission (which was below average).

I'll guess a lot of the data may be driven by what people are bringing their car in for, so no surprise the transmission tops the list. Shame because the rest of the scores are very strong.

Interesting side note - when you read the comments of the MDX and Pilot who share this transmission, they said:
MDX: "...transmission is not always smooth or responsive."
Pilot: "Touring and Elite trims get a nine-speed that doesn't shift smoothly and is stuck with an unintuitive electronic shifter."

Also I thought the Jeep Cherokee also had this? This was the comment:
"The nine-speed automatic is not very responsive or refined."

Last edited by 1Louder; 02-28-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:28 PM

I bet Honda is desperate to get the 10-speed into production. This was a limited drive back in Nov but promising:

Technology Preview: We Drive Honda's 10-Speed Automatic Transmission

It wasn't too long ago that a six-speed automatic transmission was state of the art. Then we got seven-speed, eight-speed, and nine-speed units. One of the nine-speeds, designed by noted transmission manufacturer ZF, has given multi-speed transmissions a bad reputation. Paired with four-cylinder and V-6 transverse-mounted engines in Fiat Chrysler Automobiles [NYSE:FCAU], Jaguar Land Rover, and Honda/Acura vehicles, it dithers instead of downshifting, sometimes clunks into gears, and barely ever reaches the top gear.

Given those shortcomings, it may not be wise for any automaker to build a transmission with more gears. And yet Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F] and General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] are teaming up to build a 10-speed, and Honda is developing one of its own. The plan is to use the 10-speed with the V-6 engines in large Honda and Acura vehicles, possibly in 2018 models. Honda says it will improve fuel economy by 6.0 percent over the current six-speed.

Prior to the Tokyo Motor Show in late October, I got the chance to sample Honda's forthcoming 10-speed at the company's R&D Center in Tochigi, Japan.

The car I drove was an Acura RLX, which was paired with a 310-horsepower 3.5-liter V-6 and a development version of the 10-speed. The test drive consisted of two laps around the facility's high-speed oval, which means I spent just a few minutes in the car. However, I was able to assess how this transmission acts in its current stage of development.

Both when accelerating from a stop and when fluctuating speeds, the transmission executed smooth shifts without delay. There was none of the shift shock that you get with the ZF nine-speed. I also eased along at about 70 mph to see if it would be able to get into 10th gear. That happened without a problem, and it was quite a weird sight to see 10th gear indicated in the instrument cluster between the speedometer and tachometer.

The oval permitted speeds up to 111 mph, and while I got up to that speed, I also slowed down to 70 then punched it to see how the transmission would react in a simulated passing procedure. Honda says the transmission can downshift up to four gears at a time, but during this test the transmission downshifted from 10th all the way to 4th. It probably occurred in two steps: 10th to 6th, then 6th to 4th, but it happened quickly enough that any driver would be happy with that performance on the highway.

My time with the 10-speed was too limited to render a verdict, and low-speed city driving would expose any problems it might have with indecision. However, based on this short drive, this transmission looks like a winner.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1Louder
I just got my Consumer Reports magazine with the 2015 car data in it. No surprises in here but I feel a bit more validated.

2015 Acura TLX overall review: Reliability rated "worse" (lowest score), Satisfaction above average. From the narrative, "The V6 is a gem, with plenty of power, but it's nine-speed automatic shifts roughly...First year reliability has been much below average."

It had the lowest overall score in the Luxury Compact segment largely driven by it's "worse" score for predicted reliability.

When it broke out the scores for individual trouble spots, the car actually got "better" (the highest mark) for everything but transmission (which was below average).

I'll guess a lot of the data may be driven by what people are bringing their car in for, so no surprise the transmission tops the list. Shame because the rest of the scores are very strong.

Interesting side note - when you read the comments of the MDX and Pilot who share this transmission, they said:
MDX: "...transmission is not always smooth or responsive."
Pilot: "Touring and Elite trims get a nine-speed that doesn't shift smoothly and is stuck with an unintuitive electronic shifter."

Also I thought the Jeep Cherokee also had this? This was the comment:
"The nine-speed automatic is not very responsive or refined."
Is there any site I can find that information? I'm slowly collecting information and documents for potential arbitration if nothing else gets Acura to fix my transmission.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by neil0311
Picked up my V6 SH-AWD today after nearly 3 weeks at the dealer getting the transmission replaced and other items addressed. It's an early 9/14 build that I bought in Nov 2015, with 300 miles on it. I had the transmissions issues.

After driving it tonight, it feels like a completely different vehicle. The throttle response is instant and precise. The shifts are smooth and precise. I noticed that the tech noted he performed TSB 16-012, even though my VIN is not in the range, which tells me there is 100% a difference in hardware prior to a certain point. Downshifts are also very smooth and precise.

If anyone wants to know, the part number noted for the new transmission and torque converter is "06200-5L9-A59RM warranty A/T kit"

For anyone struggling trying to get theirs replaced, one thing I noticed is that the tech noted that after he rode with me, he contacted Acura's tech line and they did some step by step troubleshooting and did the relearn and also found some trouble codes. The tech line recommended replacement, and the district rep drove the vehicle and approved the replacement. Be sure to push the tech to contact the tech line and go through their debug process. It may take longer, but I think it's key to an approval and replacement.

HTH
Congrats on getting the new transmission. Out of all the posts on this thread, your 2 previous posts seem to show how to get them to take action: Get the district rep involved, mention the lemon law, be calm and persistent. It's pretty clear the dealers are not going to voluntarily replace the transmission until you go over their head and up the chain.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Vlke
Is there any site I can find that information? I'm slowly collecting information and documents for potential arbitration if nothing else gets Acura to fix my transmission.
It came in the actual magazine and I have a subscription - I believe consumer reports does not put a lot of that data on line. You might be able to buy it off the magazine stand - it's the April 16 issue (2016 Annual Auto Issue). Red Toyota Prius on the cover.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hey Casey
Congrats on getting the new transmission. Out of all the posts on this thread, your 2 previous posts seem to show how to get them to take action: Get the district rep involved, mention the lemon law, be calm and persistent. It's pretty clear the dealers are not going to voluntarily replace the transmission until you go over their head and up the chain.
I'm not trying to be a buzzkill but doing all these things is what gives you a chance at a new tranny but not a guarantee. In the end, your transmission has to be "bad enough" by some mysterious criteria that Acura refused to share with me when I asked. I did all these things and got a no because I guess my transmission test results didn't warrant a replacement. According to them. The first two shifts remain awful and Sport+ mode is unusable. But that's what Acura insists is "per design" and "in spec".
Old 03-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
Originally Posted by Hey Casey
Except for one thing - many of us have already been through the routine. The dealer tells you that it's "Acura" and that they can't do anything, and to call the ACR/corporate. Call ACR/corporate and they say "well, the dealership said they can't do anything, so we have to side with their judgement". So now you're on a merry-go-round. Some get told there is no fix and that all transmissions are the same, yet the people getting replacements and the 2016's don't seem to have the shifting problem. Some are lucky, some aren't with replacements. There is no "going over their heads". I'm sure they're working together to an extent. I've had the rep supposedly sit and ride in my car and say "it's normal" and nothing further can be done.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
Except for one thing - many of us have already been through the routine. The dealer tells you that it's "Acura" and that they can't do anything, and to call the ACR/corporate. Call ACR/corporate and they say "well, the dealership said they can't do anything, so we have to side with their judgement". So now you're on a merry-go-round. Some get told there is no fix and that all transmissions are the same, yet the people getting replacements and the 2016's don't seem to have the shifting problem. Some are lucky, some aren't with replacements. There is no "going over their heads". I'm sure they're working together to an extent. I've had the rep supposedly sit and ride in my car and say "it's normal" and nothing further can be done.
It's not luck. It's not random happenstance.

I can't tell you the specific data point or reason why I was able to get a replacement and others don't, but my guess is it's a combination of VIN (build date before a certain point) and getting the tech to verify the error codes with the tech line. Once he had the fault codes, and the tech line said it needed replacement, it all seemed to fall into place quickly.

I also think my specific language and discussions with the dealer and ACR also helped to set the tone, but who knows.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:03 AM

It's not luck. It's not random happenstance.

I can't tell you the specific data point or reason why I was able to get a replacement and others don't, but my guess is it's a combination of VIN (build date before a certain point) and getting the tech to verify the error codes with the tech line. Once he had the fault codes, and the tech line said it needed replacement, it all seemed to fall into place quickly.

I also think my specific language and discussions with the dealer and ACR also helped to set the tone, but who knows.
I'm not convinced that any special behavior on behalf of the owner make a lot of difference. I don't think threatening lemon-law actions or things like that mean a lot to them. Most people who threaten that likely don't follow up anyway and Acrua knows it. I think owners have to be insistent enough to bring the car back 2-3 times and not take the initial "no's" for an answer and get ACR involved. But I think once you get ACR and a field rep involved, you either have the codes they are looking for or you don't. I don't see that Acura is making any moves to make us happy just because we complain often and loudly. If that were the case I'd have a new transmission.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:59 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by 1Louder
I'm not convinced that any special behavior on behalf of the owner make a lot of difference. I don't think threatening lemon-law actions or things like that mean a lot to them. Most people who threaten that likely don't follow up anyway and Acrua knows it. I think owners have to be insistent enough to bring the car back 2-3 times and not take the initial "no's" for an answer and get ACR involved. But I think once you get ACR and a field rep involved, you either have the codes they are looking for or you don't. I don't see that Acura is making any moves to make us happy just because we complain often and loudly. If that were the case I'd have a new transmission.
I never threatened anyone or even mentioned the lemon law. I discussed my vehicle working properly and their obligation to fix defects.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:31 PM

I never threatened anyone or even mentioned the lemon law. I discussed my vehicle working properly and their obligation to fix defects.
Sorry I wasn't intending to comment on what you may or may not have specifically said (although it certainly came across that way so sorry about that). There are other comments throughout this thread that imply that getting agitated with Acura may produce results. Lemon law has come up before (not by you) so that what was on my mind. So sorry I wasn't replying to your quote specifically but more ranting in general.

My own opinion on the entire topic is I think owners need to be persistent to have a shot at a fix. Persistence does not = fix. Persistence + car data that meets some unspecified criteria from Acura = fix.

So really my only point here is for the owners out there who've found this thread and have an issue and are looking for advice on what to do. IMO, they should not convince themselves that just pressing the issue by itself will produce results (and lets face it, a lot of people think that, myself included ). Apparently, something about the car also has to cooperate. At least, that's what it appears to be based on the replies.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man

TSB 16-012 - Transmission Function Improvements: Sensation of Surge While Braking, Slow Downshift Response at Low Engine Speeds, and Other Listed Symptoms

I'm in this range too and debating if it is worth the risk. I mostly suffer from shift lag.
Sorry, just saw this. My car doesn't fall in that range, but I received the updates just prior to these. You can't overcome the dog clutches, but I always felt like there was a delay beyond that.

As I said before, my attention is never even drawn to the transmission anymore, and I just enjoy the drive.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr Hyde:
finebead (03-12-2016), Rocket_man (03-06-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Styl1n

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts

I had this update done Wednesday and drove it Thursday and today and man what a difference. Good power from dead stop and when coasting and Need to go it actually downshifts and go instead of staying In gear and just going like a cvt. When slowing down and need to switch lanes to pass someone's it actually goesssss lol Before it would wait a while then move. I think as they keep releasing updates the tranny well the ones with later build and replacements will get better.
The following users liked this post:
Rocket_man (03-06-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 09:01 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
I had this update done Wednesday and drove it Thursday and today and man what a difference. Good power from dead stop and when coasting and Need to go it actually downshifts and go instead of staying In gear and just going like a cvt. When slowing down and need to switch lanes to pass someone's it actually goesssss lol Before it would wait a while then move. I think as they keep releasing updates the tranny well the ones with later build and replacements will get better.
If I recall you had a new trans put in, so was the new trans giving you problems or did you have the update done during a routine service?
Old 03-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by JT4
If I recall you had a new trans put in, so was the new trans giving you problems or did you have the update done during a routine service?
yup I did and the shifts are super smooth can't even tell but any updates that is released I will always get them it only improves things and this car and it needs a lot of improvement on the shifting and response time. Even though my car shifts really smooth I still think some other TLX drive more aggressively than mine, even after idle relearns and ECU reset. Driving the car hard after doesn’t give it the fast response of the other cars I drove. I have never had so many issues with a car to just operate like a V6 and this is why I made a choice to leave Acura after my lease is up.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
yup I did and the shifts are super smooth can't even tell but any updates that is released I will always get them it only improves things and this car and it needs a lot of improvement on the shifting and response time. Even though my car shifts really smooth I still think some other TLX drive more aggressively than mine, even after idle relearns and ECU reset. Driving the car hard after doesn’t give it the fast response of the other cars I drove. I have never had so many issues with a car to just operate like a V6 and this is why I made a choice to leave Acura after my lease is up.
Did your VIN number fall within the range on the TSB? Mine doesn't, but I am hoping that since they replaced the transmission they will do the update anyway?
Old 03-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
I discovered something "interesting". Decided to take my car in for another re-learn and used the dealer's on-line service scheduler (since his phone was perpetually busy.)

On the part where you indicate the reason for service there was a check box for "Transmission concerns". Once that is checked there are check boxes for "Transmission shifts hard when cold" and "Transmission shifts hard when hot" Guess that Acura has at least acknowledged there are some issues!
Old 03-07-2016, 07:15 PM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by Robs252
Did your VIN number fall within the range on the TSB? Mine doesn't, but I am hoping that since they replaced the transmission they will do the update anyway?
My vin didn't fall in the range but since I got a new tranny they did it, they should do it for yours, it horrible how many time we have to go to the dealers imagine how the car fax service section will look
Old 03-07-2016, 07:19 PM
Styl1n

By the way how can we do our own idle relearn? Is it just like resetting the ECU?
Old 03-07-2016, 07:28 PM
Instructor

My vin didn't fall in the range but since I got a new tranny they did it, they should do it for yours, it horrible how many time we have to go to the dealers imagine how the car fax service section will look
Ok. Thanks. I'll print it off and take it in. Especially if you say you saw an improvement. Mine throws a rough 1-2 shift every once in a while, maybe just when cold
Old 03-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Styl1n

Ok. Thanks. I'll print it off and take it in. Especially if you say you saw an improvement. Mine throws a rough 1-2 shift every once in a while, maybe just when cold
Cool I emailed the service advisor as well about mine and they did it. After your tranny was replaced did you have slow upshifts? Or sluggishness sometimes I notice mine is like that.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Instructor

Cool I emailed the service advisor as well about mine and they did it. After your tranny was replaced did you have slow upshifts? Or sluggishness sometimes I notice mine is like that.
Sometimes it hangs a little before it shifts, but I remember my 12 tl did the same thing. I'd definately like to see it less reluctant to downshift when I step on it. Sometimes it acts like a cvt
Old 03-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Styl1n

Sometimes it hangs a little before it shifts, but I remember my 12 tl did the same thing. I'd definately like to see it less reluctant to downshift when I step on it. Sometimes it acts like a cvt
Exactly like how mine is just like a cvt, when you take yours in for the update ask them for a v6 loaner and see if there is a difference
Old 03-07-2016, 08:35 PM
Instructor

Exactly like how mine is just like a cvt, when you take yours in for the update ask them for a v6 loaner and see if there is a difference
Yours better after the update?
Old 03-08-2016, 02:08 AM
Summer is Coming

hmmm.... so if they were willing to put this software into a replacement TLX transmission... then I wonder if the TLX's in this VIN range have the same transmission as the replacement units? Otherwise why would the same software work in both units?
Old 03-08-2016, 07:17 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
It stinks that you had to get an update on the new trans, I bet this is something you weren't expecting you would need to do when the new unit was installed. Hopefully the shifts stay smooth from this point on.

Originally Posted by sbillard
I discovered something "interesting". Decided to take my car in for another re-learn and used the dealer's on-line service scheduler (since his phone was perpetually busy.)

On the part where you indicate the reason for service there was a check box for "Transmission concerns". Once that is checked there are check boxes for "Transmission shifts hard when cold" and "Transmission shifts hard when hot" Guess that Acura has at least acknowledged there are some issues!
One can only hope, but I bet some owners who contact ACR will still get the standard company line , "The trans is operating as designed". If someone calls they should reference the service scheduler you mentioned.

hmmm.... so if they were willing to put this software into a replacement TLX transmission... then I wonder if the TLX's in this VIN range have the same transmission as the replacement units? Otherwise why would the same software work in both units?
Good point..
Old 03-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Styl1n

Yours better after the update?
its ok much better and lower speeds to accelerate but there is much more that needs to be done to this car before I can love it. lol
Old 03-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Styl1n

I think depending on your build date its different transmissions, that why different TLX's drive more aggressive than some. I had some late build models that shifted rough but response was great then I had an early build model that had no rough shifting but was lagging in performance. I don't know what to say anymore I'm going get the dealer to buy this car back and get out of it. its crap knows that your TLX can perform much better and your kinda stuck with it.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Summer is Coming

I think depending on your build date its different transmissions, that why different TLX's drive more aggressive than some. I had some late build models that shifted rough but response was great then I had an early build model that had no rough shifting but was lagging in performance. I don't know what to say anymore I'm going get the dealer to buy this car back and get out of it. its crap knows that your TLX can perform much better and your kinda stuck with it.
It seems they made a change in the transmission around May 2015. My car is after that. Then I suspect the 2016's may only have new software and the recent TSB is bringing the later 2015 transmissions up to the same software as the 2016's. But this is just my guess.

But... I think this so called learning transmission needs to ditch the learning thing. It is just trying too hard. Don't need my transmission to think it knows how I want it to shift. I want to know how IT shifts.

Sorry you are so unhappy with the TLX. For me it is a great car for the price, but the transmission is a let down. I hope I can get the new transmission software this week if I can get away from the office.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:04 AM
Styl1n

It seems they made a change in the transmission around May 2015. My car is after that. Then I suspect the 2016's may only have new software and the recent TSB is bringing the later 2015 transmissions up to the same software as the 2016's. But this is just my guess.

But... I think this so called learning transmission needs to ditch the learning thing. It is just trying too hard. Don't need my transmission to think it knows how I want it to shift. I want to know how IT shifts.

Sorry you are so unhappy with the TLX. For me it is a great car for the price, but the transmission is a let down. I hope I can get the new transmission software this week if I can get away from the office.
yeah mine was an early build, I have owned 9 different Acura's (RDX was the best ) and the TLX V6 has a a lot of potential but its a let down on the tranny and the shifting program, even the head tech told me they made a mistake on this car and when he gets into a car he want to drive and feel the drive and when you step on the gas it just goes.

and yes they need to disable this learning thing maybe ktuner or hondata can accomplish this.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Styl1n

yeah mine was an early build, I have owned 9 different Acura's (RDX was the best ) and the TLX V6 has a a lot of potential but its a let down on the tranny and the shifting program, even the head tech told me they made a mistake on this car and when he gets into a car he want to drive and feel the drive and when you step on the gas it just goes.

and yes they need to disable this learning thing maybe ktuner or hondata can accomplish this.
Forgot to tell you Guys I spoke to my service advisor today and he told me some of thr 16 mdx are showing up with rough shifting. Anyone heard of this yet. I was speaking to him to reset the air bag light in my tsx and he was the one that helped get my tranny changed.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Forgot to tell you Guys I spoke to my service advisor today and he told me some of thr 16 mdx are showing up with rough shifting. Anyone heard of this yet. I was speaking to him to reset the air bag light in my tsx and he was the one that helped get my tranny changed.
Yes we have a tsb that does pretty well to address it. We never had a bad 2-3 like you guys though.

Quick Reply: 9AT Hard Shift 1-2 and 2-3