Android Auto Music Periodically Stutters

Old 03-22-2019, 12:02 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Android Auto Music Periodically Stutters

Has anyone else experienced the audio issue in their 18/19 TLX with any music app using Android Auto. It seems to be random. The music briefly stutter or stop like 3 quick times. The cable is not frayed.Running Android Pie on a Pixel 3XL. No issues with my last car which was last week. I just picked the TLX up last Thursday.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:19 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'18 TLX V6 A-SPEC

I've had the same issue from time to time using Pixel 2XL w/ AA as well. I also sometimes have to completely disconnect the USB cable from the car or the device because Spotify will only play the first few seconds of a song and then pause. Haven't found a solution, factory resetting didn't fix it so I think it's just a workaround. Not the biggest problem though.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 222 Posts
Originally Posted by 55lattery
'18 TLX V6 A-SPEC

I've had the same issue from time to time using Pixel 2XL w/ AA as well. I also sometimes have to completely disconnect the USB cable from the car or the device because Spotify will only play the first few seconds of a song and then pause. Haven't found a solution, factory resetting didn't fix it so I think it's just a workaround. Not the biggest problem though.
Same issue with mine, happened with samsung note and then pixel. There is no solution apparently. Works fine with bluetooth but when connected via USB the issue is very frequent particularly if you turn the car off and leave the usb cable connected to the phone and then later restart the car. Like you would turn your car up to get gas. It's very annoying. Waze is fine but Spotify fails to reconnect correctly.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:32 AM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 55lattery
'18 TLX V6 A-SPEC

I went to the dealership a couple of weeks ago about the music issue and also the Bluetooth call issue. It should be known that some newer phones have issues with the Bluetooth setup in the TLX. They had no clue on what the issue is about and said it's software and not on Acuras side. I noticed that Bluetooth works fine for calls when the cable is not connected just using the Bluetooth without the cable. Once the cable is connected Bluetooth drops the phone from the car. They were baffled. When using th call features in Android Auto the cars speaker's do not work for the call. Anyway I guess I'll wait and if I have to make a call I'll park somewhere and use the Bluetooth without the cable. I've notified Google as well but this is probably not a widespread enough issue with it being a TLX. It's not the most common car on the road. As for the music stuttering, it's not too bad lately. I noticed with a more recent update to AA it's a bit better but Google screwed up the weather card and it's not showing now. Always something and always will be with tech.