do you think switching wax is bad??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2001, 07:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
do you think switching wax is bad??

say you use zanio for awhile.. then you want a change.. and use pinnacle or somthing. WEll is it bad to change up the wax? Or is it better to stick with the same wax??

------------------
2002 TL Type-S
Comptech Springs
35% tint all around
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake, you are the all-singing all-dancing Crap of the world!
Old 06-10-2001, 11:20 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no its ok to do that, just make sure you strip the prevouis wax before you apply the new wax, or the two may not interact with each other

------------------
2001 acura cl type-s
comming soon
2000 accord v6 sedan
1997 4runner
1992 camaro
1993 volvo 850
"THE GREATEST TRICK THE DEVIL EVER PULLED, WAS CONVINCING THE WORLD HE DIDN'T EXIST"
Old 06-11-2001, 06:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yep, not a problem, but do strip the wax first by washing with Dawn liquid 2-3 times.
Old 06-13-2001, 02:05 AM
Advanced

I dont know why you would want to use pinnacle after using zaino....but try it out. Pinnacle has a very nice shine...wet look, oily. It also has no durability.....if your car is not garaged you will be waxing once a month or even twice a month. You have to strip zaino down.....and dawn will not strip zaino.....you have to use isopropyl alcohal to strip zaino.......

Old 06-13-2001, 02:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bill97Z:
I dont know why you would want to use pinnacle after using zaino....but try it out. Pinnacle has a very nice shine...wet look, oily. It also has no durability.....if your car is not garaged you will be waxing once a month or even twice a month. You have to strip zaino down.....and dawn will not strip zaino.....you have to use isopropyl alcohal to strip zaino.......

</font>
I never have used zanio yet. I was just giving an example. But do you think zanio is better than pinnacle? I love pinnacle right now. And yes my car is garaged.

------------------
2002 TL Type-S
Comptech Springs
AEM Blue intake-soon
35% tint all around
my pictures
Old 06-13-2001, 11:02 AM
Adult Supervision

Bill is correct. You need to use alcohol to strip Zaino.

But to your real question, changing waxes does not affect anything one way or another. Different strokes for different folks regarding carnuba routes vs. Zaino. All are good but once you choose a course you have to use that protocol unless you switch totally. i.e. no carnuba on top of Zaino, not Zaino on top of carnuba, no Klasse in the middle of the Zaino series, etc.

I'm not going to comment on which is better. I have chosen the Klasse/Blitz Carnuba route and have invested my $100 on that. More often than not, "they" say that Zaino is a little too reflective (as opposed to "deep") on black cars. I like "rich and deep."

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 9005, Polarg M6, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, tires, sheet metal, plastic parts, lots of wires and tubes, leather seats, carpet, lots of nuts and bolts...
Old 06-13-2001, 04:03 PM
Racer

Have any of you guys tried BuffaloMilke? I just ordered it. I've been using Zymol, but I heard that this stuff is suppose to be the "new" shit out that works really well. Any experiences?

------------------
01 white/ebony CL-S
Pewter Xephyr CAI
PIAA's 19224
Old 06-13-2001, 11:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeS 18:

But to your real question, changing waxes does not affect anything one way or another. Different strokes for different folks regarding carnuba routes vs. Zaino. All are good but once you choose a course you have to use that protocol unless you switch totally. i.e. no carnuba on top of Zaino, not Zaino on top of carnuba, no Klasse in the middle of the Zaino series, etc.

I'm not going to comment on which is better. I have chosen the Klasse/Blitz Carnuba route and have invested my $100 on that. More often than not, "they" say that Zaino is a little too reflective (as opposed to "deep") on black cars. I like "rich and deep."

</font>
Try TS Clear Coat some time....

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (50 lbs less than stock)
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 12 coats of Zaino magic
  • Stainless Brake lines coming (Brembos?)
  • V1 planned
Old 06-14-2001, 10:28 PM
Adult Supervision

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:
Originally posted by MikeS 18:

</font>
Try TS Clear Coat some time....

Eric,

tell me about it.

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 9005, Polarg M6, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, tires, sheet metal, plastic parts, lots of wires and tubes, leather seats, carpet, lots of nuts and bolts...
Old 06-14-2001, 11:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeS 18:
Eric,

tell me about it.

</font>
"TS Clear Coat" -- I don't know why the bloody thing is so hard to find in the search engines. They use it on F14 fighter jets. My wife's car is a '95 Burgundy color Altima. The paint has a clear coat.

The car sits outside in the sun a lot. I like the look of a good wax on it -- deeper than Zaino, but it is just too much trouble to keep waxing every 2-weeks to a month to keep it in good shape.

So, decision time.... What to use?

I asked my buddy about an Acrylic/Synthetic that would last, but would have that "thick" drippy look. I asked about the Klasse, but he said there was something that I should try.

We have had the "TS Clear Coat" on my wife's car for about 6-months, and it still looks perfect.

Here is the link:

http://www.tsservices.com/cc.htm

TS Clear Coat Site comments:

Easy to apply, provides real protection for over six months!

"Unconditionally guaranteed and endorsed by the Consumer Research Bureau with proven test results to back up its claim of ultimate protection."

Everyone (here) just takes a pass on it, but if the Navy uses it to protect Multi-million dollar supersonic fighters that are subject to sea spray, Persian Gulf heat, and other abuse, how bad can it be?

Every check out the price tag on a jet paint job? Try driving our car (with rocket motors) at 600 miles an hour and see how long our paint lasts

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (50 lbs less than stock)
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 12 coats of Zaino magic
  • Stainless Brake lines coming (Brembos?)
  • V1 planned