Wish the TL had a heated steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 03:56 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wish the TL had a heated steering wheel

Any1 one know if the '12 TL will have one? I doubt thats any easy mod, right?
Old 11-29-2010, 06:00 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, it's quite easy and cheap in fact. Here, may I suggest these?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Mens-Leather-Wint...item1c17587e4a

In all seriousness, I'm no expert but I doubt you would want something like that running close to the airbag. The heat generated will cause a negative effect I assume.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:17 AM
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts
The new Maxima has the heated Steering Wheel. It actually feels very nice.....i wished the TL had it also.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
here in texas you can have a heated steering wheel and

dash

just dont put up your windshield sun shield when you park the car in the summer and the temp outside is over 100'F
Old 12-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by crxb
here in texas you can have a heated steering wheel and

dash

just dont put up your windshield sun shield when you park the car in the summer and the temp outside is over 100'F
i live in texas too, and still wish i had a heated steering wheel for winter time...i park in a garage at work, and it gets pretty damn nippy in there during the winter time....
Old 12-01-2010, 09:14 AM
lji
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
It was freezing overnight here in Houston... a heated steering wheel and shifter knob (6MT) would have been a nice touch
Old 12-01-2010, 09:17 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
All you houstonians need to introduce yourselves in the Houston thread. we have meets all the time, and would love to see some 4th gens!!!!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...691655&page=64
Old 12-01-2010, 09:23 AM
lji
Pro

Originally Posted by justnspace
All you houstonians need to introduce yourselves in the Houston thread. we have meets all the time, and would love to see some 4th gens!!!!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...691655&page=64
I've seen the regional thread justnspace... thanks!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Use gloves?

If it's cold enough that a heated steering wheel would be desired, I am probably wearing gloves already.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

I hope it will. These 4Gs just lack too many features for the price they're asking. Upscale image my ass. If they add it to the 2012 with the 6spd auto I will give it a hard, hard look.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Gloves

/thread
Old 12-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by MyCarIsntInMyWifesName
I hope it will. These 4Gs just lack too many features for the price they're asking. Upscale image my ass. If they add it to the 2012 with the 6spd auto I will give it a hard, hard look.

What do they lack...every car has it's niche. Rode in an Audi S4 this weekend...and it didn't have a few features that some Hyundai's have.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Safety Car

i dont like to wear gloves or coats while i drive...
Old 12-01-2010, 04:07 PM
The Sicilian

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Does'nt matter to me, but I know the wife would like it. She loves the heated seats.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura2010
The new Maxima has the heated Steering Wheel. It actually feels very nice.....i wished the TL had it also.
+1, I've been using it like crazy since the 30 and 40 degree temps have arrived last month! It heats up incredible fast as well.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:01 PM
No more Acura

My 05 Maxima SE had heated steering wheel. I missed that feature when I switched to Acura.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
I drove a Maxima for a few days and did find the heated wheel to be nice. It was a feature that was OK, but frankly, I would rather the TL have a real power tilt-telescoping wheel, than a heated one. The current tilt wheel is a joke.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
All good things to put on the Acura Wish List.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Linmk2
I drove a Maxima for a few days and did find the heated wheel to be nice. It was a feature that was OK, but frankly, I would rather the TL have a real power tilt-telescoping wheel, than a heated one. The current tilt wheel is a joke.
Yeah I forgot about that one as well. Once you have a power telescoping steering column, you get so spoiled, that when you go back to a manual one its a pain in the butt. Especially when you have your car serviced for maintenance and the God damn techs have to change it despite driving the car from the space to the garage for like less than a minute. Nice to just have a touch of a button and it goes back to where you had it!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by compewterbleu
What do they lack...every car has it's niche. Rode in an Audi S4 this weekend...and it didn't have a few features that some Hyundai's have.
Well I guess since you asked....

-heated steering wheel
-heated rear seats
-cooled front seats
-blind spot monitoring
-adaptive cruise/precollision
-adjustable suspension

....are just some examples. While I sympathize with you on that Audi, the Audi at least offers (I think) all of those things I listed and more. Acura doesn't give you the option. I'm thinking the 2012 will correct this error in judgment, and that could sway me in with the 6spd.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Well I guess since you asked....

-heated steering wheel
-heated rear seats
-cooled front seats
-blind spot monitoring
-adaptive cruise/precollision
-adjustable suspension

....are just some examples. While I sympathize with you on that Audi, the Audi at least offers (I think) all of those things I listed and more. Acura doesn't give you the option. I'm thinking the 2012 will correct this error in judgment, and that could sway me in with the 6spd.
Yea - but would you pay 50k for an Acura? What I can see happening is that they'll come with the advance package on the 2012 TL, which brings all those features from the ZDX over to the TL, but it will increase the MSRP up into the 48k-50k range. So before you had people bitching that it doesn't have the features, now we'll have people bitching that it costs too much...
Old 12-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Safety Car

seeing how the other cars in the tl class have a/c seats, i dont understand why the tl doesnt have them...it was the one thing on my list this time around that i didnt get...oh well...

i can live without a power adjust steering wheel, dont get me wrong, it would be nice to have the steering wheel go with the memory setting, but a feature i can live without...
Old 12-02-2010, 11:18 AM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnier6
seeing how the other cars in the tl class have a/c seats, i dont understand why the tl doesnt have them...it was the one thing on my list this time around that i didnt get...oh well...

i can live without a power adjust steering wheel, dont get me wrong, it would be nice to have the steering wheel go with the memory setting, but a feature i can live without...
+1

I cross shopped the G37x; it had a power adjusted steering wheel, which was nice, but not a deal breaker or deal maker.

Air cooled seats are a nice luxury; I admit, that and the exterior styling probably sold me on the IS250AWD I had for a whole 4k miles since I test drove the dam car on a hot/sunny day.

Anyone car to manufacture a "air cooled seats mod" for the 4G TL, since the perforated leather is "air ready?"
Old 12-02-2010, 01:12 PM
lji
Pro

^ +1

The current RL's got the cooled seats, so a retrofit wouldn't entirely be out of question... so on the TL wishlist, we'd have:

1) Cooled/Ventilated Seats
2) Power Adjusted Steering Wheel linked to seat memory
3) Driver/Passenger front seats to move back when entering/leaving to make ingress/egress better??
4) Heated steering wheel and shifter (on 6MT)
5) Adaptive suspension
6) Bit rate on ripping to HDD (with possibly a bigger HDD?)

I personally don't care for blind spot monitoring as it tends to make drivers even less cautious. As is, we've got enough of these people on our roads already.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by petec2010
Yea - but would you pay 50k for an Acura? What I can see happening is that they'll come with the advance package on the 2012 TL, which brings all those features from the ZDX over to the TL, but it will increase the MSRP up into the 48k-50k range. So before you had people bitching that it doesn't have the features, now we'll have people bitching that it costs too much...
But why would it have to be 50,000? Other cars have MORE features than the TL for LESS money. There are other cars for TL money that have the same features too. There's no excuse for Acura to cut corners on this, not even in price.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
I'm witcha on that
Old 12-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
But why would it have to be 50,000? Other cars have MORE features than the TL for LESS money. There are other cars for TL money that have the same features too. There's no excuse for Acura to cut corners on this, not even in price.
But you need to also consider if those cars also match or exceed in all the other areas as well. It's easy to have a preference for more features and less cost but there is so much more that goes into it. It's never as simple as only a features to cost comparison and therefore should be no excuse.

It would be nearly $50k because other entry cars would have less at that point and be smaller yet still cost more money, excluding the G37x and IS350 AWD but if they had those offerings they would cost the same. A TL at that point would fall much further into a mid level category and $50k is usually where those cars start also with the 300 HP and nothing more added.

It is true what you say that there are cheaper cars that have more features but you have to consider the position of the vehicle and where it competes and what exactly those cars offer in comparison and charge as well. Compared to other entry vehicles, the TL doesn't really lack too many features right now especially when you compare within the same price points and believe it or not it even has some others don't.

Back to your earlier exclusions of the TL that you would like to see them include, an Audi A4 (for example) only offering half of those features you listed (blind spot, adaptive suspension and cruise) would run $50k and $52k with S line and is still less performance oriented (less power and no torque vectoring) and is smaller. In that case it's no excuse for any of them but it is what it is. They all make good cars that sell, buy what is best suited for you, none will give you everything you could ever hope for.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by petec2010
See there is where the problem is. Acura was suppose to be all about the luxury value alternative to the others and they are slowly losing that. There is no reason that having those features should bring up the cost like that. If Acura truly would stay with their core principles of bang for the buck (value for the money) then they should be able to add those features WITHOUT jacking up the price of the car. If they do, then they are just going down the path of Lexus, BMW, and MB.

What really looks ridiculous is that vehicles in the price range of the TL and lower have those features so there is no excuse why Acura cannot do it by either competing the price near what it is or only raising it a little bit.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
It is true what you say that there are cheaper cars that have more features but you have to consider the position of the vehicle and where it competes and what exactly those cars offer in comparison and charge as well. Compared to other entry vehicles, the TL doesn't really lack too many features right now especially when you compare within the same price points and believe it or not it even has some others don't
While I agree with your last sentence to a point, the problem is, the vehicles I and others are talking about are in the same class, similar price range, and selling status as the TL. I don't understand why so many people get so bent out of shape when someone posts a features or a wish list as to some things they would like to see added to the TL? Its just a suggestion.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by smarty666
While I agree with your last sentence to a point, the problem is, the vehicles I and others are talking about are in the same class, similar price range, and selling status as the TL. I don't understand why so many people get so bent out of shape when someone posts a features or a wish list as to some things they would like to see added to the TL? Its just a suggestion.
I agree and I am really not bent out of shape, there is plenty I would change about my TL but also understand that it would raise the price or sacrifice other areas instead. There is no problem having a wish list it's when folks suggest there is no excuse for Acura not matching every feature like something else and offering a cheaper product at the same time but not focusing on that cars defeciencies either.

Then some of you don't consider where cars that cost a lot more when comparably equipped compared to the TL also don't have features that the same cheaper cars in the same segment range have but they get the free pass.

The TL is not the most feature packed car and is not the most features for the dollar but is still a good amount for the money and others are worse. That's all I am saying.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 12-02-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:21 PM
The Sicilian

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Ya I noticed that when I first got in the car and I was surprised about that too. That should have been a no brainer for Acura.

What I also noticed is that when I get in the car, I'm the #2 driver so I have the seat bottom set to go all the way back but I have to still hit the botton because it does not go all the way on it's own. There's probably another 1/2-1" to go futher back. Find that strange or is my car the only one that does it?
Old 12-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

I agree and I am really not bent out of shape, there is plenty I would change about my TL but also understand that it would raise the price or sacrifice other areas instead. There is no problem having a wish list it's when folks suggest there is no excuse for Acura not matching every feature like something else and offering a cheaper product at the same time but not focusing on that cars defeciencies either.

Then some of you don't consider where cars that cost a lot more when comparably equipped compared to the TL also don't have features that the same cheaper cars in the same segment range have but they get the free pass.
Well I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not saying that Acura should match every luxury feature out there, but there are certain things, like a power tilt/telescoping steering column for instance, and a couple of others features which SHOULD be offered at this price range and class level of vehicle.

You actually brought up a great point of what I'm trying to say. By adding a few of these things, it should NOT raise the price considerably on the TL if Acura is going to follow their old philosophy of luxury value and easy non complicated packages. Problem is, they are beginning to stray from this and there is no reason they should except to join the likes of Lexus and the Germans, which is less stuff standard and more things grouped into expensive option packages.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

But you need to also consider if those cars also match or exceed in all the other areas as well. It's easy to have a preference for more features and less cost but there is so much more that goes into it. It's never as simple as only a features to cost comparison and therefore should be no excuse.

It would be nearly $50k because other entry cars would have less at that point and be smaller yet still cost more money, excluding the G37x and IS350 AWD but if they had those offerings they would cost the same. A TL at that point would fall much further into a mid level category and $50k is usually where those cars start also with the 300 HP and nothing more added.

It is true what you say that there are cheaper cars that have more features but you have to consider the position of the vehicle and where it competes and what exactly those cars offer in comparison and charge as well. Compared to other entry vehicles, the TL doesn't really lack too many features right now especially when you compare within the same price points and believe it or not it even has some others don't.

Back to your earlier exclusions of the TL that you would like to see them include, an Audi A4 (for example) only offering half of those features you listed (blind spot, adaptive suspension and cruise) would run $50k and $52k with S line and is still less performance oriented (less power and no torque vectoring) and is smaller. In that case it's no excuse for any of them but it is what it is. They all make good cars that sell, buy what is best suited for you, none will give you everything you could ever hope for.
The TL is built on the Accord platform for reasons of cost. The whole idea is that you don't have to pay for a premium platformed car to get the same stuff. Now the excuse is that you DO. Where's the payoff?

How in the world can Hyundai have a brand new premium platform with the Genesis, more technology and features, a brand new DOHC V-8, all for . . . . TL money? What is the TL's advantage at this point? Handling? Prestige? I prefer the edgier look of the TL, but that's hardly a real point to make.

Simply put: there's no excuse for the TL to lack at least some of the features we mentioned. The TL is based on a middleclass car on the premise that you won't have to pay as much to get as many features, yet when you look at cars with the same concept behind them, aka Maxima, Lacrosse, it lacks in features.

Acura seems to be keeping their features on higher models. The 2011 RL, 2010 MDX, 2010 RDX all have the Advance Package will all of these goodies, and the 6spd. Acura is milking the lower end TSX-TL-RDX market for as much as they can get. It's very obvious to me, other posters and owners, and even in reviews you see complaints on it. Now I'm in no way saying that YOU should be desiring these features or complain about it as I do, because some people don't care about features much. But regardless of that a feature gap relative to the competition it has.

Cheers.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not saying that Acura should match every luxury feature out there, but there are certain things, like a power tilt/telescoping steering column for instance, and a couple of others features which SHOULD be offered at this price range and class level of vehicle.

You actually brought up a great point of what I'm trying to say. By adding a few of these things, it should NOT raise the price considerably on the TL if Acura is going to follow their old philosophy of luxury value and easy non complicated packages. Problem is, they are beginning to stray from this and there is no reason they should except to join the likes of Lexus and the Germans, which is less stuff standard and more things grouped into expensive option packages.
Very well said. I get the impression with some new Acuras that Acura is getting more arrogant about this stuff, basically that it's a premium badge so they can charge and they don't have to give you as much. That could become a mistake.

I drove the new Lacrosse some time ago, fully loaded with everything I could think of other than the dual rear DVDs. I have said it before so I probably sound like a GM spammer LOL, but seriously . . . . that car shows Buick is trying. It's different than the TL. I won't say it's better. The TL handles much better, the Lacrosse rides much better and is silent. It's just as much an entry luxury piece as the TL is, or a Maxima, or an ES. And they stuff the thing with features for the cash. $34,000 and heated-cooled seats, heated wheel, heated rear seats, 11 speaker audio, and so on. Like the TL it rides on a middleclass platform and that allows for the building costs to be reduced so they don't charge you an arm and a leg. Now for $10,000 less it has been claimed by some that Acura cannot offer those features. I disbelieve that will all by heart. In no way would it need to be $50,000.

Last edited by MyCarIsntInMyWifesName; 12-02-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Drifting

I agree, it should be offered on the TL as well as the rest of the class that doesn't have it either. The TL is at least still competitive in pricing, they do not charge several thousands of dollars more for a similar product while still not having that at the same time.

The Maxima offers more features than the G if I am not mistaken and they are pretty close in pricing but there is still plenty of selling points of the G over the Maxima and reasons to get that instead, it just might not all be reflected in features but again they are at least similarly priced. That's a point I am trying to make and surrounding any car with less features, not just the TL. Features are important but not necessarily everything, especially to everbody.

Your right a few electronic or wired features should not raise the cost or much but things like adaptive cruise, and adjustable suspension and collision mitigating brakes are costly add ons in any brand that offers them. To suggest that Acura offer those and not raise the price is unrealistic.

And I agree about Acura maybe losing some value proposition mainly in the classic FWD model TL and TSX V6 addition but it appears they have different goals for the TL and TSX in general now so that is probably a reflection of this.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 12-02-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

The Maxima offers more features than the G if I am not mistaken and they are pretty close in pricing but there is still plenty of selling points of the G over the Maxima and reasons to get that instead, it just might not all be reflected in features but again they are at least similarly priced. That's a point I am trying to make and surrounding any car with less features, not just the TL. Features are important but not necessarily everything, especially to everbody.

Your right a few electronic or wired features should not raise the cost or much but things like adaptive cruise, and adjustable suspension and collision mitigating brakes are costly add ons in any brand that offers them. To suggest that Acura offer those and not raise the price is unrealistic.

And I agree about Acura maybe losing some value proposition mainly in the classic FWD model TL and TSX V6 addition but it appears they have different goals for those cars now.
You are correct about the Maxima and the G. It is slightly strange but most of those features that Maxima has that the G, TL, and others don't are not new to the car. The heated steering wheel for instance has been there since like 02 or 03 I think and others. The Maxima is an odd ball in that regard since you usually can not get a heated steering wheel anyway, until your up into the luxury sedan market or vehicles that are usually over $45k so the Max is unique in that. But, the Maxima and G Sedan serve to different purposes and different groups of people and Nissan has differentiated the two enough. The Maxima is a sporty family sedan while the G is a full fledged luxury sports sedan and they drive and act accordingly.

Also, as you pointed out, features are not everything to everybody, and I agree with that. You can't have everything in a car. I do agree with you that we really could call this lack of features for the price on the Germans, but that is the way they have always been and are going to remain till the end of time and people still flock to them in droves so that is not going to change.

Those kind of technological and mechanical features you mentioned are definitely things I could understand causing some what of a price raise on a vehicle, I was referring more to the electronic gadgets and gizmos.

I'm not exactly sure what the goals for the FWD TL and TSX V6 are right now, and I don't think Acura knows yet either. Hopefully, in the 5G TL and 3G TSX, the transition will be complete and we will all be able to see the end result of their goals, what ever that might be.

I'll I'm saying, while the TL still has some bang for the buck features and abilities, I have noticed Acura beginning to go in the direction I mentioned earlier of less standard and more things in expensive option packages. I just hope it stops here and doesn't go any further as the MMC's and next gen's come out in the coming years b/c then that is going to take a feather out of their cap, so to speak when your talking about bang for your buck, since it was luxury value, shit load standard, and easy option packages, which made Acura so success and attractive to so many in the luxury market in the first place.

I know that is what attracted me to Acura in the first place, and turned me off with Lexus, BMW, and MB.

Last edited by smarty666; 12-02-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

The 2012 TL in my opinion should have cooled front seats, heated rear seats, and a power wheel included in the TP. Blind spot monitoring should also be standard in the TP. Then maybe offer a $1,000-$1,250 cruise control package with adaptive cruise, precollision, and a heated wheel. So fully, fully loaded with all of that and the HPT you're running approximately $45,000. That is not at all unrealistic. Even at that price the Ford SHO has more features in a bigger car with a twin-turbocharged (build costs?) for the same money.

There's absolutely NO WAY Acura NEEDS to charge more than that. Anything beyond that is just excuses and greed.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Drifting

The 2012 TL in my opinion should have cooled front seats, heated rear seats, and a power wheel included in the TP. Blind spot monitoring should also be standard in the TP. Then maybe offer a $1,000-$1,250 cruise control package with adaptive cruise, precollision, and a heated wheel. So fully, fully loaded with all of that and the HPT you're running approximately $45,000. That is not at all unrealistic. Even at that price the Ford SHO has more features in a bigger car with a twin-turbocharged (build costs?) for the same money.

There's absolutely NO WAY Acura NEEDS to charge more than that. Anything beyond that is just excuses and greed.
I think it is doable and would be nice but much like the Maxima and G comparison you don't seem to think there is a difference between affordable luxury and mainstream premium. The price, position, and market in which they operate can be on a very thin line but just being able to cross over it can change things quite a bit.

The Genesis and SHO are impressive sedans and a great values and there are many others like them but lots of people were hoping for the same thing from a brand like BMW or MB yet they don't offer that either. They all charge within a range of what others that they are align with do. Very few brands on any level need to charge what they do but we don't have a choice or much say in that so we just have to go with what is available and what works for us.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 12-02-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

I think it is doable and would be nice but much like the Maxima and G comparison you don't seem to think there is a difference between affordable luxury and mainstream premium. The price, position, and market in which they operate can be on a very thin line but just being able to cross over it can change things quite a bit.

The Genesis and SHO are impressive sedans and a great values and there are many others like them but lots of people were hoping for the same thing from a brand like BMW or MB yet they don't offer that either. They all charge within a range of what others that they are align with do. Very few brands on any level need to charge what they do but we don't have a choice or much say in that so we just have to go with what is available and what works for us.
The thing is, the TL compares most closely to the Maxima, not the smaller RWD Infiniti G. The latter might wear the premium badge but the TL and Maxima are the two riding on a family sedan platform that have been re-engineered to compete in the more upscale class. Now it's the Maxima which has many of the attributes I mentioned.

The Germans will always charge you an arm and a leg for basic items. Until Acura has that level of prestige they should never do that. And of course I agree with the assertion that cars are all overpriced today, but some are more so than others. We aren't FORCED to pay for those cars. Case in point, I won't buy the 2009-to-2011 TL. If they fix the feature hole I personally feel it has with the 2012 TL, then I will gladly reconsider. Until then I have been favoring sedans that are brimming with more technology for the same price. Neither of them will outhandle the TL but that's but one category, and frankly that and prestige are not enough for me. Considering the TL's sales of the current generation as a whole, the market seems to agree to a point.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Since we have been talking about luxury features and the lack there of in some cars, one thing that I had hoped Acura would do that several other manufacturers have done is offering a rear view camera WITHOUT having to pay for and get an expensive tech package with navigation system that some people don't want or need.

Saw on the news this morning, that b/c of the increase in the amount of children being killed each year by being backed over by a family member who didn't see them, the gov't is planning on making it mandatory that all manufacturers within 4 years have rearview camera's as STANDARD equipment. So I guess, in a way, Acura will be forced now to have it without a navigation system !

Quick Reply: Wish the TL had a heated steering wheel