Acura's Response to Excessive Oil Consumption

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 10:42 AM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Danny K Vue
Hello Acuraziners! I have an Acura TL 2010 AWD Tech manual almost 140k miles, second owner. I have been following this for a while and haven't had to chance to make an account on Acurazine, but now I did. Long story short. I live in California. Took my car in to Neilo Acura in Roseville, CA 5/2019 and i my TL was burning at least 1 quart per 1k miles. I was told that I had to wait until 4/2020 for repairs to be done. Yes that is right 4/2020 for repairs. I didn't really care at the time as I had other form of transportation and was hoping they would call before 4/2020. I waited until 8/2019 and called the dealership. Told them that I was not going to keep on driving my car around until 4/2020 and I also mentioned to them that it was my DD. The woman that was on the phone stated that they are still short on parts and will put me on a "SPECIAL LIST". Low and behold, I got a phone call around 10/2019 and got a call from the rep. She stated that they had a sport for me. Took my car in on 10/29/2019. The mechanic that spoke w/ me asked me if anything else was wrong w/ the car. I stated that the car makes a very loud ticking sound (pitted cams). Mechanic stated that it is pretty common due to the oil starvation and should be covered also. I left my car and got a call the same day in the afternoon. Mechanic stated that the cams were pitted and oil seal was leaking a little. He recommended that I do their full tune up and the oil seal. He also stated that the driver side mount needs to be replaced. He gave me quotes on the prices w/ the exception that we get certiain benefits from the motor being taken apart already. INow keep in mind that I also use to work on cars and know how long certain repairs take. I told him to do the timing belt, motor mount and the oil pump seal along w/ what is stated in the TSB. Today 11/1/2019 I got a call from the mechanic again. He stated that they went ahead and replaced all said parts and also replaced the rocker arms free of charge.

My TL did have a very loud obnoxious ticking sound prior to the repairs. Thankfully the mechanic said that the ticking sound has been eliminated.

My total out of pocket was $650 for all the maintenance repairs. I am going to pick up my car tomorrow and will update as I go through the break in period.

And again, thanks to all that are on here for updating on this situation.

Sincerely, lonely TL in CALI lol

$650 after all of that - wish I could have taken my car to that dealer. Mine was more like $1300 for similar service. I also replaced the spark plugs since there was no labor charge.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:35 PM
Subsonic

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Teddybear
Bumping this.... so my TL had a tick the day i got it back after the rebuild. They only replaced my front camshaft. The dealer kept writing off the tick as "normal valve noise", but adjusted my valves for me for free. I did a full break procedure as if the car was new. The noise kept getting louder. I brought it back a 2nd time, and the tech insisted it was normal. I didnt buy it, so i had my own mechanic give it a listen. He did a 2nd valve adjustment, low and behold the valves were still off. After he did the adjustment, the tick was still there. I opened a case with head office and brought the car back in. They took the rear head off and now notice that the rear bank cam shaft is pitted. Now I'm waiting for Honda/Acura Canada to determine if they'll goodwill this....

Can you see rocker damage without removing the camshaft?

So after a lot of back and forth, and an amazing service manager, Acura covered the rear camshaft. Car sounds like it should now, no loud ticking. Power and gas mileage seems to be better. Idle is more smooth than before as well.

I see a lot of people frustrated and complaining that they're getting the piston job done, etc. To me, this makes me more confident in buying another Acura. They covered my car with over 200k km on it. They didn't have to do that.
People complain when Acura didn't do anything, now they're complaining when they do something... I say, just be thankful and drive the car.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:13 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Here are my three oil consumption trips to the dealer from Aug-Nov/19.

First visit: 0.8L consumed in 1600km. When I checked the dipstick at home, dealer only put oil enough to cover between the hash mark and I believe they didn't pour enough. More like 1L consumed IMO.
Second visit: 1.2L burned after 1750km.
Third visit: 1.6L burned in 1580km.

I shall wait patiently for the Acura Canada to confirm that my engine needs TLC to get back to it's former glory. Currently it has 131xxx km.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:53 AM
Pro

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts
Hello All, so I'm about 7 thousand miles AFTER my oil consumption repair...Car drives GREAT EXCEPT FOR:

• That damned rattle is back. The one that happens if you take a drive, park, run into the store, come back out and start it up. And when you go to take off, THERE IT IS. THE WRETCHED RATTLE. WHY? WHAT IS IT?
its FOR SURE coming from the engine. Intensifies with acceleration for about 10 seconds then pooof! Its gone.

• My MPG seems to be WAY off. I have tried a few OBD2 bluetooth thingys that read trip info, fuel used, etc...
They ALL read my MPG at 18-22. my cars MID reads 12-14.

• It STILL seems to be using oil. Theres no leaks.

I change my own fluids REGULARLY, using SPEC fluids

Do you guys think fuel additives or Fuel System cleanings could hurt the engine?
Old 11-26-2019, 09:54 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Teddybear
So after a lot of back and forth, and an amazing service manager, Acura covered the rear camshaft. Car sounds like it should now, no loud ticking. Power and gas mileage seems to be better. Idle is more smooth than before as well.

I see a lot of people frustrated and complaining that they're getting the piston job done, etc. To me, this makes me more confident in buying another Acura. They covered my car with over 200k km on it. They didn't have to do that.
People complain when Acura didn't do anything, now they're complaining when they do something... I say, just be thankful and drive the car.
The tick was it a loight tick or like a full on rattle?
Old 11-26-2019, 10:13 AM
Pro

My repair Order Receipt for the Oil consumption repair.
Attached is my repair order. They practically replaced EVERYTHING. What could be rattling????!?!?! Im so angry.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:36 AM
The inconvenient truth

Received 438 Likes on 323 Posts
Thats really weird that its still using oil... how much is it burning? Mine has not burnt any noticeable amount since the repair.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:41 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by dopeboy1
Thats really weird that its still using oil... how much is it burning? Mine has not burnt any noticeable amount since the repair.
This oil cycle im measuring. its at 80% now. I hate this car. Its so damned fun but man is it a headache.....what makes it so bad is everything else is so on point. When somethig like this goes wrong and the makers dont know whats wrong it just makes the whole experience grossly unpleasant. This has negatively effected my opinion and favor toward acura As a brand.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:47 PM
Subsonic

Originally Posted by mrphilipanderson
The tick was it a loight tick or like a full on rattle?
It was a very distinctive tick. Increased with engine rpm.

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-p.../#post16464139
Old 11-26-2019, 03:26 PM
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts
That's exactly what mine sounds like. Almost 7 months to the day that I've been waiting for my repair! Need my timing belt/water pump done too!
Old 12-11-2019, 11:53 AM
Racer

Finally got a phone call to schedule this repair. Taking the car in on Friday afternoon. They're setting me up with a rental from Enterprise while they do the work.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by vertigo2
Finally got a phone call to schedule this repair. Taking the car in on Friday afternoon. They're setting me up with a rental from Enterprise while they do the work.
What year is your Acura? Still under the extended warranty?
Old 12-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Racer

It's a 2012 Elite/Advance, and it is still under the warranty extension. I did the oil consumption testing back in March/April of this year and was given the green light on April 28th. I have been waiting since then.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:00 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
It's a 2012 Elite/Advance, and it is still under the warranty extension. I did the oil consumption testing back in March/April of this year and was given the green light on April 28th. I have been waiting since then.
Was your consumption > 1 quart per 1,000? I'm currently doing my test and I'm at 1 quart per 1,500 miles, but I'm only 1,500 miles into the test. Mine consumption starts to increase at 2,000+ miles.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Racer

If I recall correctly, they told me it was consuming 2 litres per 3200km, which would be approximately a quart per 1000 miles.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:47 PM
The inconvenient truth

Originally Posted by mossman77
Was your consumption > 1 quart per 1,000? I'm currently doing my test and I'm at 1 quart per 1,500 miles, but I'm only 1,500 miles into the test. Mine consumption starts to increase at 2,000+ miles.
You should see to it that your consumption is at least 1 quart per 1,000 miles.
The following users liked this post:
heyjon (12-11-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 04:09 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oil Pressure Sensor

My wife's TL got the rebuild done. However, before that recall was issued, she was having problems with what I think is called the oil pressure sensor incorrectly reading her oil levels as low. Well the first time I took it in her car was still under warranty but they just did an oil change and told me to come back if it happened again. Of course it happened again but that was when the recall was issued so they did the consumption test instead. Fast forward a few months, the rebuild was done but the oil pressure sensor issue is still there. In fact, it has gotten worse! Every time she goes over a bump in the road or does anything remotely abrupt in the car the warning light comes on.

She took the car in but they changed her oil and telling her to come back if it happens again. When it did and she did, but now they want to replace it for $350.

So my question is, is the sensor covered under the extended engine warranty that comes with the rebuild? Also, if they have a record of me coming in before the original CPO warranty was up regarding this issue do they have any obligation to repair it since they didn't diagnose it properly the first time?

I hope all this makes sense and is relevant to this thread.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:11 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,008 Likes on 1,410 Posts
The oil pressure sensor cannot tell if the oil level is low unless it is REAL low, as in less than two quarts.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by horseshoez
The oil pressure sensor cannot tell if the oil level is low unless it is REAL low, as in less than two quarts.
Thanks for the response but I'm not sure how this addresses my question.

We took the car in week ago and that's when they did the oil change and told us to come back if the warnings pop back up. The warnings started back the very same day. So the levels aren't low.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:14 PM
The inconvenient truth

Originally Posted by levelseventysix
My wife's TL got the rebuild done. However, before that recall was issued, she was having problems with what I think is called the oil pressure sensor incorrectly reading her oil levels as low. Well the first time I took it in her car was still under warranty but they just did an oil change and told me to come back if it happened again. Of course it happened again but that was when the recall was issued so they did the consumption test instead. Fast forward a few months, the rebuild was done but the oil pressure sensor issue is still there. In fact, it has gotten worse! Every time she goes over a bump in the road or does anything remotely abrupt in the car the warning light comes on.

She took the car in but they changed her oil and telling her to come back if it happens again. When it did and she did, but now they want to replace it for $350.

So my question is, is the sensor covered under the extended engine warranty that comes with the rebuild? Also, if they have a record of me coming in before the original CPO warranty was up regarding this issue do they have any obligation to repair it since they didn't diagnose it properly the first time?

Same thing happened to me and a few others. Sensor is badand it's not covered under warranty. I posted the part numbers a little earlier in this same thread. Ordered it for $40 Canadian at the Honda dealership. My local mechanic then put it on for $35. Acura dealership is a rip off as it takes 15 minutes to replace.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:58 PM
Advanced

Same thing happened to me and a few others. Sensor is badand it's not covered under warranty. I posted the part numbers a little earlier in this same thread. Ordered it for $40 Canadian at the Honda dealership. My local mechanic then put it on for $35. Acura dealership is a rip off as it takes 15 minutes to replace.
Ok, I'll search for your post with the P/N. What year is your TL? Does it matter? Hers is the 2012 SH-AWD. Hoping the part is the same. I'd rather do the work myself if it's just a 15 minute job. So I'll be looking for instructions somewhere online. Fingers crossed.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:01 PM
The inconvenient truth

Ok, I'll search for your post with the P/N. What year is your TL? Does it matter? Hers is the 2012 SH-AWD. Hoping the part is the same. I'd rather do the work myself if it's just a 15 minute job. So I'll be looking for instructions somewhere online. Fingers crossed.
​​​​​​Mine is also a 2012 sh-awd so it's the same. I'll link the part numbers and TSB for how to replace it. The price you see is from someone else at the Acura dealership. As you see they charged him $75 for the part and put it on for free. But t I think he was lucky because of a long standing relationship with that dealership. Part is much cheaper at Honda and same part numbers, also really easy to install.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
B09-012 (1).PDF (198.8 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by dopeboy1; 12-18-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:09 PM
Advanced

Smile

​​​​​​Mine is also a 2012 sh-awd so it's the same. I'll link the part numbers and TSB for how to replace it. The price you see is from someone else at the Acura dealership. As you see they charged him $75 for the part and put it on for free. But t I think he was lucky because of a long standing relationship with that dealership. Part is much cheaper at Honda and same part numbers, also really easy to install.

Thanks!

The TSB references two different part numbers for the switch. Are you saying you got the one listed on the invoice? Sorry for all the questions.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:03 PM
Pro

ive JUST about given up on my car. Many flaws. So many Its exhausting keeping up and electing what to fix, not to mention the fear and dread of whats next.
I had the rebuild. Already I think onr og my REPLACED o-rings are sticky. I use TOP TIER PREMIUM HIGHEST OCTANE AVAILABLE IN SF CALI and this crap still makes a mettalic rattle sound again. It went away for 8 thousand miles afr the rebuild now its back. HAS TO BE CARBON RELATED.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:31 AM
The inconvenient truth

Thanks!

The TSB references two different part numbers for the switch. Are you saying you got the one listed on the invoice? Sorry for all the questions.
Yes the part numbers you need are in the invoice. Those are the parts I got.
levelseventysix (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 08:09 AM
Latent car nut

Received 2,008 Likes on 1,410 Posts
ive JUST about given up on my car. Many flaws. So many Its exhausting keeping up and electing what to fix, not to mention the fear and dread of whats next.
I had the rebuild. Already I think onr og my REPLACED o-rings are sticky. I use TOP TIER PREMIUM HIGHEST OCTANE AVAILABLE IN SF CALI and this crap still makes a mettalic rattle sound again. It went away for 8 thousand miles afr the rebuild now its back. HAS TO BE CARBON RELATED.
It is HIGHLY unlikely to be carbon.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:34 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Good to know. I have been waiting since about that time myself (I got the approval for a rebuild May 2019). I called the dealer last week to find out what is going on. They said that the parts are on national backorder and that I am still in the queue.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2010 SH-AWD that is going to go in for the consumption fix. Has 51000 miles and the routine maintenance so far. Is there anything else I should have them do while they are in there. I know it is too little mileage for the timing belt, etc., but do to the cars age is it a good idea?

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2020, 09:51 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It has been a while since I posted on this thread. My 2009 TL SH-AWD (J37 engine) was serviced by Acura in March 2019 under the special warranty extension offered to owners who experienced high rate of oil consumption. Under the warranty, Acura (Canada) replaced pistons, piston rings and associated parts including timing belt and spark plugs. Today I wanted to share the results of the job on this thread. They are simply excellent and I am very satisfied with the work they did. I am monitoring oil consumption with graphs in Excel (see below). The average rate of consumption is now approximately 18,000 km per 1 litre of oil. Before the repair, oil consumption was approximately 700 km per litre of oil, measured by the same method.

dopeboy1 (01-22-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 09:49 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by digibrain
It has been a while since I posted on this thread. My 2009 TL SH-AWD (J37 engine) was serviced by Acura in March 2019 under the special warranty extension offered to owners who experienced high rate of oil consumption. Under the warranty, Acura (Canada) replaced pistons, piston rings and associated parts including timing belt and spark plugs. Today I wanted to share the results of the job on this thread. They are simply excellent and I am very satisfied with the work they did. I am monitoring oil consumption with graphs in Excel (see below). The average rate of consumption is now approximately 18,000 km per 1 litre of oil. Before the repair, oil consumption was approximately 700 km per litre of oil, measured by the same method.

Not to be a downer, mine has started to consume oil again after 10k miles. I have removed myself from the joy of this car. Its now just a car that will be replaced once I find something suitable.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:17 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not to be a downer, mine has started to consume oil again after 10k miles. I have removed myself from the joy of this car. Its now just a car that will be replaced once I find something suitable.
sorry to hear that. Has anyone else experienced oil consumption issues resurface?
Old 01-26-2020, 11:30 PM
Subsonic

How much are you burning?

Originally Posted by Biggie_B
sorry to hear that. Has anyone else experienced oil consumption issues resurface?
I needed a 500ml top up after 4000km. But my main seal is also leaking a bit, so i'm not sure how much of that loss is the leak, and how much is burning.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:41 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I had to top mine up at around 40% oil life which was around 2500KM I believe. It was a little bit below the last line. Not a big deal for me but I'm still monitoring.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:27 PM
2nd Gear

Yes

Originally Posted by Biggie_B
I have driven my 2012 Acura TL SHAWD w/tech just over 1000 miles so far. It has already consumed a half quart of oil :-(
Old 01-28-2020, 02:39 PM
2nd Gear

I should clarify. I did have the pistons replaced per the TSB just after Thanksgiving weekend. Prior to the change, my 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech would start burning oil about 1500 miles after a fresh oil change, and increase steadily to 1 quart per 1000 miles after about 2500 of driving on the same oil.

It seems that Acura hasn't fully figured out the problem. It is a shame because I love the car apart from this. I have another 2006 Acura TL Base with 190000 that has a small oil leak, but isn't low on oil at all.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:14 PM
Pro

i am literally ttrying to figure out the issue myself as well. the letter stated it was due to carbon desposits on the rings. thats a atsrating point. Im currently trying various oils giving each their time to work, and if an oil goes a total cycle without loss I send that in to blackstone labs. There are a few variable im trying.
Im focusing on getting and keep the engine as clean as possible at all times. That means finding an oil that has cleaning at its top priority list, not to mention the massive amount of compression happening in this engine...carbon is bound to pile up quickly. Also some of us have issues some dont after the rebuild. I do LOTS of stop and go traffic. Lots of Idling. That may contribute to this situation.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:38 PM
The inconvenient truth

I have about 4700 km on my oil and it is still full. Has not lost any noticeable amount so far. Of course I'm not driving the car nearly as hard as I did during the test when it burnt 1 litre of oil every 1250 km on average. I also swear the car has noticeably more power than before.

To those of you still experiencing excess oil consumption after having the pistons and rings replaced, have you taken it back to the dealership to see what they say?
Old 01-29-2020, 08:12 PM
10th Gear

Getting the TSB work done on 2012 AWD TL tech at Mississauga dealership, 125k kms on the car.
Paid extra to get water pump, oil pump seals, and timing belt tensioner also replaced.

Will provide an update on results after its done
Old 01-30-2020, 09:03 AM
Pro

Well its only a finite number of things I could be. Throughout the life of my car I've maintained it to be pristine. Every fluid change. Every filter change at dealership, on time.
They replaced the entire short block, and for me, the bearings as well. When i first got my car back, the first 5-8 k were flawless. Like a new car. Everything you hope and imagine it would be. Then it started one day, with that infamous rattle/pinging/diesel gargle sound on load
on a hot start after coming out of the grocery store. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" i thought. Ugh. I was so pissed. So I immediately started making calls. Turns out our engines produce a massive amount of carbon in an impressively short period of time per the findings of Acura and even though they fixed our cars, it will happen again and how soon depends on how you drive. (EUREKA!) . So there are a few ways to avoid or resist this:

• Going up to a thicker oil does help, but MPG suffers and you can feel he engine work harder
• I've tried fuel additives to help keep upper cylinder clean...its smoother, better mpg but consumption continues.

You reach a point when you almost give up. But you love the car so you start seeking more and more ways.
So I thought maybe try an oil that can withstand heavy compression, and is made for deposit resistance. All oils boast cleaning properties but which one claims to be the best at this? Survey Says; Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. I just purchased a bottle.
I just recently fell in love with royal purple too, but that's a whole 'nother thread. So here's what i plan to do...

•I am going deep clean my engine. I understand there are two kinds. Mild and instant. I'm going to start mild (sea foam in crankcase just before an oil change) to liquefy deposits over a few hundreds miles and drain my oil and fill with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.
• Then I'm going to do that process again but with marvel mystery oil as directed instead of sea foam added to Oil.
• Then I will drain and fill with Pennzoil ultra Platinum 5w 20 ONLY and see how this miraculous oil that supposedly doesn't consume performs on a very clean engine. At this point I've tried everything else shorts of
accepting it. But like when you're in love with a person, you wont give up on them. I am in love with my car...I cant stop.

On the side im also planning to send this oil in and have it analysed. Ive done it in the past with Royal Purple. Mobile 1. Its just a little pricey for me - cause that's going above and beyond. But I really want to make this right. In caring for this car and chasing down issues Ive taught myself to do most of the maintenance myself.
Ive even made up lttle flash card that have steps that are MUCH easier to follow that those intimidating service manuals. I consulted with experts, Acura Service manual to streamline each process for DIY eaze. This car has changed my life in so many ways.. im babbling. Thanks for listening.
SammyZ (01-30-2020)
Old 01-30-2020, 11:07 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Well its only a finite number of things I could be. Throughout the life of my car I've maintained it to be pristine. Every fluid change. Every filter change at dealership, on time.
They replaced the entire short block, and for me, the bearings as well. When i first got my car back, the first 5-8 k were flawless. Like a new car. Everything you hope and imagine it would be. Then it started one day, with that infamous rattle/pinging/diesel gargle sound on load
on a hot start after coming out of the grocery store. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" i thought. Ugh. I was so pissed. So I immediately started making calls. Turns out our engines produce a massive amount of carbon in an impressively short period of time per the findings of Acura and even though they fixed our cars, it will happen again and how soon depends on how you drive. (EUREKA!) . So there are a few ways to avoid or resist this:

• Going up to a thicker oil does help, but MPG suffers and you can feel he engine work harder
• I've tried fuel additives to help keep upper cylinder clean...its smoother, better mpg but consumption continues.

You reach a point when you almost give up. But you love the car so you start seeking more and more ways.
So I thought maybe try an oil that can withstand heavy compression, and is made for deposit resistance. All oils boast cleaning properties but which one claims to be the best at this? Survey Says; Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. I just purchased a bottle.
I just recently fell in love with royal purple too, but that's a whole 'nother thread. So here's what i plan to do...

•I am going deep clean my engine. I understand there are two kinds. Mild and instant. I'm going to start mild (sea foam in crankcase just before an oil change) to liquefy deposits over a few hundreds miles and drain my oil and fill with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.
• Then I'm going to do that process again but with marvel mystery oil as directed instead of sea foam added to Oil.
• Then I will drain and fill with Pennzoil ultra Platinum 5w 20 ONLY and see how this miraculous oil that supposedly doesn't consume performs on a very clean engine. At this point I've tried everything else shorts of
accepting it. But like when you're in love with a person, you wont give up on them. I am in love with my car...I cant stop.

On the side im also planning to send this oil in and have it analysed. Ive done it in the past with Royal Purple. Mobile 1. Its just a little pricey for me - cause that's going above and beyond. But I really want to make this right. In caring for this car and chasing down issues Ive taught myself to do most of the maintenance myself.
Ive even made up lttle flash card that have steps that are MUCH easier to follow that those intimidating service manuals. I consulted with experts, Acura Service manual to streamline each process for DIY eaze. This car has changed my life in so many ways.. im babbling. Thanks for listening.
Sheeshh you went the full mile. Please do report back with your findings though. I'm curious if Pennzoil ultra platinum makes any difference.

Quick Reply: Acura's Response to Excessive Oil Consumption