MDX Type S in the Flesh!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 12:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Picked up my Type S Advance on Saturday. So far so good! Nice driving car.

I do wish the exhaust note was similar to that of the TLX Type S, though...
The following users liked this post:
WTF.Acura (02-27-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 12:08 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ANTA
How were the prices ? above/below or at MSRP?
I got mine at MSRP.
ANTA (02-22-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 01:04 PM
2nd Gear

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by suzysparks
Thank you for the review. How long do you have to wait now? Just curious.
Not sure. Dealer doesn’t show my combo in their system yet, so there is no telling. We aren’t in a huge rush, so even if it’s not until April or May, no biggie.
Old 02-21-2022, 05:35 PM
Backs the Pack

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
My build dates were 2/12-16 and dealer told me no delays. Don’t see it on inventory as in transit yet on Acura website.
Old 02-21-2022, 06:02 PM
Cruisin'

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Hodog16
My build dates were 2/12-16 and dealer told me no delays. Don’t see it on inventory as in transit yet on Acura website.
Those were my original build dates too, but I just changed from a Tech Type S to an Advance Type S. My new build dates are 3/12 - 3/16. My fingers are crossed for no delays. Your dealer should be able to get a VIN an ETA if it was produced, faster than you’ll see it on Acura’s website. At least it worked that way with my ‘22 A-Spec.
Hodog16 (02-21-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 09:21 PM
Backs the Pack

Those were my original build dates too, but I just changed from a Tech Type S to an Advance Type S. My new build dates are 3/12 - 3/16. My fingers are crossed for no delays. Your dealer should be able to get a VIN an ETA if it was produced, faster than you’ll see it on Acura’s website. At least it worked that way with my ‘22 A-Spec.
Thanks for the advice and congrats on going for the Advance Type S!

I'll reach out to my dealer tomorrow. This has to be the easiest sale my salesperson ever has had, so I'll make him do some legwork.
Old 02-22-2022, 04:16 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the advice and congrats on going for the Advance Type S!

I'll reach out to my dealer tomorrow. This has to be the easiest sale my salesperson ever has had, so I'll make him do some legwork.
Yeah, it was really bugging me not going for the Advance. When I looked at the difference in price and the features, I knew I wouldn’t be happy. So I called my salesman and asked what they had incoming that was not spoken for. My wait is only getting pushed back 4 weeks. I already have a new scheduled build date.

Your salesman might have to go to the sales manager to get the VIN and ETA, but if it was produced last week, they should be able to get that information any day now. My bet would be today. Good luck.
Old 02-22-2022, 08:55 AM
Backs the Pack

Just called, the build date got pushed a week to this week. Guess we will see next Tuesday if I got lucky.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:10 AM
Cruisin'

Just called, the build date got pushed a week to this week. Guess we will see next Tuesday if I got lucky.
That stinks, but I’m glad you called and got an update. Hopefully it does get built this week. Fingers crossed 🤞.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:34 AM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Which dealer are you working with in NC?

My build date got pushed several times since I placed my order in November (latest was 1/22-1/26). When I test drove their demo last week, the sales person showed my order was pending, but Acura website showed shipped. A couple of days later, she called and provided me a delivery date. As of right now, delivery is scheduled for 2/26 - 3/2 (white/red).
Old 02-22-2022, 09:36 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,613 Likes on 971 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
So basically you're full of shit yet again. Got it
lol!

this message says a lot about you, your personality and of course your profession! Cheers!
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
Legend2TL (02-23-2022), WTF.Acura (02-27-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 09:39 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,436 Likes on 1,884 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
lol!

this message says a lot about you, your personality and of course your profession! Cheers!
This coming from a passive-aggressive sunshine pumper is rich.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:01 AM
AZ Community Team

Passive aggressive lol!

The following 3 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (02-23-2022), Legend2TL (03-02-2022), WTF.Acura (02-27-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 10:56 AM
Cruisin'

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by domshed

My build date got pushed several times since I placed my order in November (latest was 1/22-1/26). When I test drove their demo last week, the sales person showed my order was pending, but Acura website showed shipped. A couple of days later, she called and provided me a delivery date. As of right now, delivery is scheduled for 2/26 - 3/2 (white/red).
Sadly, mine was built 2 weeks ago and still hasn’t left the factory. Not sure what the hold up is, but the suspense on waiting is driving me nuts!
Old 02-22-2022, 11:11 AM
Backs the Pack

Originally Posted by domshed

Looks like the only thing incoming to the three in the Triangle are white/red so assume one of them is yours - each dealer is getting one. I'm working with Leith in Raleigh. I know Durham was getting the right spec but they wanted to add on $750 of accessories that was only worth $250 or so in my eyes. I think Cary is the only one with a demo so assume that's where you are buying?
Old 02-22-2022, 01:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks like the only thing incoming to the three in the Triangle are white/red so assume one of them is yours - each dealer is getting one. I'm working with Leith in Raleigh. I know Durham was getting the right spec but they wanted to add on $750 of accessories that was only worth $250 or so in my eyes. I think Cary is the only one with a demo so assume that's where you are buying?
Correct, I'm working with Leith of Cary. They claim I'm getting mine at MSRP, so we'll see. SouthPoint received their White/Red, but I"m thinking it's their Demo
Old 02-22-2022, 01:24 PM
Backs the Pack

Leith has to sell at MSRP, so I wouldn't worry about their pulling a fast one on us. Hendrick does too for that matter but they are allowed to add on accessory packages of varying prices, just not pure ADM.
domshed (02-22-2022)
Old 02-23-2022, 02:00 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Just proves what I wrote before about your postings! You don't have to agree...I don't have to agree with you...that wasn't my point...it's your whole attitude about
what is said here. I don't care if you have 20,000 posts....they're mostly BS and not helpful to this forum. Honestly you don't belong here....you contribute virtually
nothing that is truly "smart, helpful, caring, wanting to share USEFUL info for those truly interested and or liking Acuras. You are a hater of those on here...because
they LIKE Acuras...for the most part. Troll somewhere where there are LIKE individuals as you!!!!!! An idiot...as you have shown so VERY often.
Old 02-26-2022, 06:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Just got the first type s ultra in BC, Canada! Icbc insurance had to add the type s model into its database. Really happy with the purchase. Looks great. Sound system is amazing with all the speakers. Decent power and very smooth drive. No turbo lag and it takes off smooth and quick. You really have to put it in sport plus to appreciate it. Brakes are awesome. Really nothing negative to say about the Mdx. We traded in 2016 Mdx and it's a night and day difference.
The following 4 users liked this post by Dragon27:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (02-28-2022), JandS Canada (02-27-2022), KidK (02-27-2022), WTF.Acura (02-27-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 06:26 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Dragon27
Just got the first type s ultra in BC, Canada! Icbc insurance had to add the type s model into its database. Really happy with the purchase. Looks great. Sound system is amazing with all the speakers. Decent power and very smooth drive. No turbo lag and it takes off smooth and quick. You really have to put it in sport plus to appreciate it. Brakes are awesome. Really nothing negative to say about the Mdx. We traded in 2016 Mdx and it's a night and day difference.
Congratulations!!! Totally agree with your assessment. We also have a 2016 but are keeping it; it’s paid for and not a thing wrong with it. We will be trading in the ‘22 A-Spec in when our Type S Advance arrives in a few weeks. I can’t wait! Enjoy the drive!!!
Dragon27 (03-01-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 01:31 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
I was at my dealer Thursday to buy our the lease on my 2019 MDX and they said they have not received a Type S yet but are expecting one soon. They are all spoken for which is no surprise.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:42 AM
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
The best MDX ever.
The following 3 users liked this post by E92Vancouver:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (02-28-2022), suzysparks (02-28-2022), Tony Pac (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 09:31 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by E92Vancouver
The best MDX ever.
Totally agreed!

Acura is really back since 2019 RDX. Every car in their lineup is special and gives a joy to drive. Based on some of the reviews of Civic Si, I think the Interga with some more premium/luxury touches, will be the best seller in its segment. As I always say, I want Acura to bring a smaller crossover like Q3 and XC40 to compete in that segment. Also, we need the RDX TYPE S...
Old 02-28-2022, 10:20 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Totally agreed!

Acura is really back since 2019 RDX. Every car in their lineup is special and gives a joy to drive. Based on some of the reviews of Civic Si, I think the Interga with some more premium/luxury touches, will be the best seller in its segment. As I always say, I want Acura to bring a smaller crossover like Q3 and XC40 to compete in that segment. Also, we need the RDX TYPE S...
I agree with you on an RDX Type S, but from what I understand, it won’t happen with this current version. It was never meant for an S Type. So it will have to wait for the next generation. But when it does come, I’ll be one of the first to sign up as it’s the “right” size for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by suzysparks:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (02-28-2022), Tony Pac (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 03:47 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I currently have a ‘22 MDX A-Spec. I asked what they’d give me as a trade. Needless to say, I put down a deposit on a liquid carbon red interior base Type S that should be here at the end of the month/beginning of February. Not all are presold. Go figure.
Hey Suzy, I'm doing the same as you and trading my 2022 MDX A Spec. How many miles do you have on it and what did the dealer offer? I have a white one with a trailer hitch and running boards 9700 miles. He ballpark offered $52k. Without seeing it.
Old 02-28-2022, 04:00 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by InWI
Hey Suzy, I'm doing the same as you and trading my 2022 MDX A Spec. How many miles do you have on it and what did the dealer offer? I have a white one with a trailer hitch and running boards 9700 miles. He ballpark offered $52k. Without seeing it.
Since this post I actually upgraded to a Type S Advance. When I started looking at the differences between the two and the difference in price, I knew I wouldn’t be happy with the Type S Tech. I now have a Platinum White/Red incoming. I was offered minimum $57k, but I also have less miles (currently right under 3k miles). We just got the car in November. So it really is almost brand new; almost.

I test drove a Type S Tech and the interior is just like the A-spec, exactly the same. The differences are on the outside and obviously the engine. I wanted to add a heated steering wheel, roof rails, etc… then I’m like mine as well get the Advance.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:38 PM
6th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
I just got my Type-S Advance in White/Red last Wednesday, and it went straight to the detailer to get the front end PPF'd and the rest ceramic coated. Getting tint tomorrow.

Have driven it a few days, and honestly, I absolutely love it. It's a very comfortable ride with very smooth acceleration. I don't think the power/turbo really is that impressive, but I don't need it to be. Where I really feel the benefit is in the day to day driving - the extra oomph makes the overall ride better, much like having more total power in a sound system helps the speakers sound better at lower volumes. I agree with the folks that say the exhaust note is a little light, but I don't think I'll miss it too much as a family car with my 2 kids in tow on trips.

Got the TuxMats for the car, and they are the best floormats I've ever owned, and I've tried them all. The dealership gave me a Type S cargo mat as well. The only thing I purchased was the black matching wheel locks, because I live in the SF Bay Area and it's pretty much required. LOL.

No good photos yet of the car, but here's my detailer's post on the vehicle:
View this post on Instagram
The following 6 users liked this post by kongo:
JandS Canada (03-01-2022), Pens Fan (03-01-2022), sonyfever (03-09-2022), Tony Pac (03-01-2022), wahoowa (03-01-2022), Wylson (03-01-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-01-2022, 05:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by kongo
I just got my Type-S Advance in White/Red last Wednesday, and it went straight to the detailer to get the front end PPF'd and the rest ceramic coated. Getting tint tomorrow.

Have driven it a few days, and honestly, I absolutely love it. It's a very comfortable ride with very smooth acceleration. I don't think the power/turbo really is that impressive, but I don't need it to be. Where I really feel the benefit is in the day to day driving - the extra oomph makes the overall ride better, much like having more total power in a sound system helps the speakers sound better at lower volumes. I agree with the folks that say the exhaust note is a little light, but I don't think I'll miss it too much as a family car with my 2 kids in tow on trips.

Got the TuxMats for the car, and they are the best floormats I've ever owned, and I've tried them all. The dealership gave me a Type S cargo mat as well. The only thing I purchased was the black matching wheel locks, because I live in the SF Bay Area and it's pretty much required. LOL.

No good photos yet of the car, but here's my detailer's post on the vehicle: https://www.instagram.com/p/CaiBaoUv..._web_copy_link
Looking good! I'm in the same boat as you. Have an appointment on Thursday to PPF the front end. Then ceramic coating the whole car after that!
The following 2 users liked this post by Dragon27:
JandS Canada (03-01-2022), wahoowa (03-01-2022)
Old 03-01-2022, 06:08 PM
Drifting

Received 1,262 Likes on 917 Posts

No good photos yet of the car, but here's my detailer's post on the vehicle: https://www.instagram.com/p/CaiBaoUv..._web_copy_link
Would you have been ok with the regular Advance? Gas prices must be mind-boggling in CA right now!
Old 03-01-2022, 06:28 PM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dragon27
Looking good! I'm in the same boat as you. Have an appointment on Thursday to PPF the front end. Then ceramic coating the whole car after that!
Same. PPF tomorrow and tint next week.
That white is looking badass! Nicely done.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:15 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by ELIN
Would you have been ok with the regular Advance? Gas prices must be mind-boggling in CA right now!
Nope. Actually, I had initially made a deposit for the regular Advance (in White) back in October. Then the Type-S was announced, and I asked to shift my reservation to the S Advance instead.

​​​​​I thought I would have regretted it if I passed on the S. Now that I have it in hand, and have seen the regular, I most certainly would have regretted it.

​I know gas is pricey right now. But in all likelihood, this will be our last gas vehicle, so I figure it would be a good way to go out - our last gas car will be a memorable one.
The following 3 users liked this post by kongo:
ELIN (03-01-2022), Tony Pac (03-01-2022), Wylson (03-01-2022)
Old 03-01-2022, 10:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
I strongly considered trading my '22 A-Spec for a Type S. I can't justify the price for the Type S. I'm just going to trade for a '23 A-Spec Advance in the fall.

If anyone is interested in a Black/Black Type S Advance due to be on the ground in April, let me know. My dealer doesn't do ADMs or market rate "adjustments." Happy to put someone in touch.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:20 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the TuxMats for the car, and they are the best floormats I've ever owned, and I've tried them all.
I heard the TuxMats cover the center / middle speakers (by the leg area toward the center console) , do you have any ideas on how to get around that? I am tempted to order a TuxMat until I found that out.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:55 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 22mdxTypeS
I heard the TuxMats cover the center / middle speakers (by the leg area toward the center console) , do you have any ideas on how to get around that? I am tempted to order a TuxMat until I found that out.
So, if I recall correctly, there's a center speaker on the passenger side only. I believe (although I can't find diagram anywhere) that speaker is a mid-bass woofer. I could be wrong. I did see that the tuxmat covered it, but I cannot hear a significant difference (I tried to cover and and uncover). I suppose if it was a tweeter it would be different?

Honestly, not a big deal to me. It still sounds great to my ears. I'd rather have the coverage.
The following 2 users liked this post by kongo:
22mdxTypeS (03-02-2022), JandS Canada (03-02-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 12:52 PM
Cruisin'

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
So, if I recall correctly, there's a center speaker on the passenger side only. I believe (although I can't find diagram anywhere) that speaker is a mid-bass woofer. I could be wrong. I did see that the tuxmat covered it, but I cannot hear a significant difference (I tried to cover and and uncover). I suppose if it was a tweeter it would be different?

Honestly, not a big deal to me. It still sounds great to my ears. I'd rather have the coverage.
Here’s a diagram I found from one of the videos.

Looks like we bought our Type S’s from the same dealer. Picking up mine in a few weeks (Black/ebony).

Old 03-02-2022, 12:57 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Jeezy550i
Here’s a diagram I found from one of the videos.

Looks like we bought our Type S’s from the same dealer. Picking up mine in a few weeks (Black/ebony).

Thanks for that diagram! I must be blind if I didn't see the speaker on the driver's side! I'll take a look later today (get window tint today).

Oakland Acura huh? Very cool. I've been purchasing Acuras from there since 2000. Paul Dixon was my sales guy there... good dude.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:41 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
I have the Tuxmats and don’t notice any difference in the sound either.
Old 03-03-2022, 12:45 AM
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by ILM-MDX
If anyone is interested in a Black/Black Type S Advance due to be on the ground in April, let me know. My dealer doesn't do ADMs or market rate "adjustments." Happy to put someone in touch.
Nice of you to offer. I have a ‘22 Type-S Black / Black TSX and it looks awesome. I’m going to accompany it with a Lunar Silver / Blue Type-S MDX as soon as the dealership gets one. Don’t think I can keep both clean if the MDX is black as well.

MarcoTLX (03-10-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 04:54 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
Someone said they didn't have to spend German money to get a Type-S. I tend to disagree as I think the Type-S is in German territory.
ESHBG (03-12-2022)