2022 MDX price

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 10:16 AM
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
2022 MDX price

I have a 2016 RDX and looking at the 2022 MDX for room for grandkids. Think I read something while back about a discount for acura loyalty? Curious if anyone will have luck getting dealer off of sticker price for the 2022 MDX?
Old 02-02-2021, 06:45 AM
Drifting

Received 1,245 Likes on 903 Posts
Originally Posted by Puma Jim
I have a 2016 RDX and looking at the 2022 MDX for room for grandkids. Think I read something while back about a discount for acura loyalty? Curious if anyone will have luck getting dealer off of sticker price for the 2022 MDX?
Every dealer is different. If you have a good relationship, you might get below MSRP. If not, they’ll mark-up the car $1000 over MSRP, which will nullify your $1000 loyalty rebate, back to MSRP.

Work with your dealer. This will be a hot item.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Sit tight. You should see pricing starting to show up here shortly as I think the vehicles actually go on sale soon. I'd be very surprised to see big time deals on the '22's early on. Unless they don't move as expected.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:14 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,518 Likes on 1,184 Posts
I would think about comparing prices using car buying services like from your bank, Costco, or Sams. You might also get a better deal if you do not have a trade. Depending on the dealership, whatever $$ off you get on the 22 MDX can sometimes be subtracted off your trade-in. I would also have my own financing lined up before going in. Acura will usually offer you something with a cheaper % everytime. They figure some $$ from Acura finance charges is better than zero $ if you go somewhere else. You might also have to shop at several Acura dealerships in a X hour radius if your dealership is playing hardball. I only have one Acura dealership in NM; but, I showed them a much cheaper price from Costco for my 19 MDX hybrid in CO and my local dealership met that price in minutes (saved me from a 7 hr one-way drive and weekend stay for the CO deal).

Last edited by mrgold35; 02-02-2021 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-02-2021, 08:39 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mrgold35
I only have one Acura dealership in NM; but, I showed them a much cheaper price from Costco for my 19 MDX hybrid in CO and my local dealership met that price in minutes (saved me from a 7 hr one-way drive and weekend stay for the CO deal).
That's a nice way to force their hand!

Don't forget to also use TrueCar to see what other folks are paying and to see how hot the item is in your area! It'll be at least a month before good data trickles in unfortunately.
The following users liked this post:
tamber877 (02-25-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 04:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ELIN

Don't forget to also use TrueCar to see what other folks are paying and to see how hot the item is in your area! It'll be at least a month before good data trickles in unfortunately.
unfortunately the 2022 mdx just came out today and so 2022 models dont show up on truecar yet
Old 02-02-2021, 08:57 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Every dealer is different. If you have a good relationship, you might get below MSRP. If not, they’ll mark-up the car $1000 over MSRP, which will nullify your $1000 loyalty rebate, back to MSRP.

Work with your dealer. This will be a hot item.
Exactly. I've purchased so many Acuras from my dealer, that when I asked what he was going to charge me for the 2022 I ordered....and I told him, I'm NOT paying MSRP! LOL
He said...we will never charge you MSRP for any car. Now it could be $1 under....LOL!.....but, I'm sure I'll get a great buy price. Again, IF you are a multiple buyer from one dealer
that you have actually "made friends with".....and I have, then it always goes very smoothly.

If you are not in that type of situation...use every trick you can find right here on AZ. I know it depends on where the dealer is located, what kind of allocations they have, etc, that all
plays in to how they want or need to price their vehicles.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:20 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

It's going to be awhile before you can find a "buy history" on True Car. Much too soon.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:41 AM
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Pricing

Socal dealer offered me an Advanced at $62.9k plus $5k "market" adjustment plus $2k of some services as a firm price. Said any less they would pass.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:43 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alexdv1
Socal dealer offered me an Advanced at $62.9k plus $5k "market" adjustment plus $2k of some services as a firm price. Said any less they would pass.
correction, 62,295 list
Old 02-03-2021, 09:45 AM
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts
[Q UOTE=alexdv1;16687054]correction, 62,295 list[/QUOTE]

If you can wait the pricing will come down. Being first always cost more.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:34 AM
Drifting

And so it begins.

Dealers will get their pound of flesh probably until spring when college grads start to force some wheeling and dealing.

Then again, the popularity and high rating of the GV80 may shorten that timeline.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:27 AM
Intermediate

pricing...

And so it begins.

Dealers will get their pound of flesh probably until spring when college grads start to force some wheeling and dealing.

Then again, the popularity and high rating of the GV80 may shorten that timeline.
True, tho the local Genesis dealer wanted $7k in terms of acquisition fee over MSRP for a loaded GV80.

Supply and demand I suppose.... Personally I will wait for the Type-S which I am sure will command something over MSRP. We'll see once the distribution pipe-line is more filled with product if that ever happens. I understand the Hyundai Palisade and Kia equivalent are still commanding acquisition fees due to demand, so maybe will not happen for a while. sad.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:13 PM
Burning Brakes

On a whim I stopped by a Kia dealership to look at a Kia in person. They only had a base model, and it was a demo. They can't keep the Telluride in stock and they are selling them at or above MSRP when they get them is what I was told. Not sure if that is true or not as I didn't try to buy one. Just wanted to see it in person. I believe the same may be true for the Hyundai Palisade.

I'd imagine with the newness of the MDX, the experience will be the same. Unless you have some type of relationship with your preferred dealer.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:50 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by moose66
On a whim I stopped by a Kia dealership to look at a Kia in person. They only had a base model, and it was a demo. They can't keep the Telluride in stock and they are selling them at or above MSRP when they get them is what I was told. Not sure if that is true or not as I didn't try to buy one. Just wanted to see it in person. I believe the same may be true for the Hyundai Palisade.

I'd imagine with the newness of the MDX, the experience will be the same. Unless you have some type of relationship with your preferred dealer.
Even at over MSRP, a Telluride/Palisade is still going to be cheaper than a comparably equipped MDX. Really the only advantage the MDX has is how fresh and new it is.

I gave up on Kia (Telluride and Stinger) simply bc their products were too hot. Dealers asked for too much and couldn't keep them in stock. It's nice to be a Kia dealer these days...
Old 02-03-2021, 02:22 PM
Cruisin'

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
As someone who purchased two of the first generation models, my first being 18+ years ago, I remember vividly the 2001-2003 MDXs over the course of three model years never commanding anything less than MSRP, and in many cases commanded MSRP + forced accessories + market adjustments. I was able to secure my first 2003 at MSRP and no forced accessories (and waited 3 months for it to come in). A year prior my good friend had to travel from Chicago to Columbus, OH to get their 2002 model at MSRP without forced accessories.

Nearly all 10 Chicago-land Acura dealers were unfortunately very difficult to work with during that period. On the flip side, I secured my 2006 right before the 2007 change-over for $5K less than what I paid for my 2003.

The 3-row car-based SUV landscape was very different in the early 2000s (initially no true 3-row options, even the Honda Pilot wasn't released until the 2003 model year).

I'm sure the current 2022 MDX will command list for a period, but I can't fathom it holding for an extended amount of time unless certain trims and such are overly constrained (let's hope not). I would imagine the Tech models will still be the majority of the inventory allocation.

Last edited by mdx4now; 02-03-2021 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Even at over MSRP, a Telluride/Palisade is still going to be cheaper than a comparably equipped MDX. Really the only advantage the MDX has is how fresh and new it is.

I gave up on Kia (Telluride and Stinger) simply bc their products were too hot. Dealers asked for too much and couldn't keep them in stock. It's nice to be a Kia dealer these days...
Fully aware in the difference in price point. Was merely comparing the furor over a new model which was well received, and how the negotiating, or lack thereof would look for those lining up to get their hands on the '22 MDX.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:28 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by moose66
Fully aware in the difference in price point. Was merely comparing the furor over a new model which was well received, and how the negotiating, or lack thereof would look for those lining up to get their hands on the '22 MDX.
To be fair to KIA/Hyundai, the Telluride/Palisade is only entering its 2nd year ever.

In comparison, the MDX has been around for nearly 20 years. I think I'm doubling down and saying Acura dealers will only have weeks instead of months now to enjoy even close to MSRP pricing.
The pandemic will only cause consumers to focus on absolute dollar expenditure (unless you cashed out on GME shares, LOL).
Old 02-03-2021, 10:43 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

To be fair to KIA/Hyundai, the Telluride/Palisade is only entering its 2nd year ever.

In comparison, the MDX has been around for nearly 20 years. I think I'm doubling down and saying Acura dealers will only have weeks instead of months now to enjoy even close to MSRP pricing.
The pandemic will only cause consumers to focus on absolute dollar expenditure (unless you cashed out on GME shares, LOL).
Nothing is written in stone...ever. I will be paying under MSRP. After 7 Acuras purchased at one dealer, I don't pay MSRP for any Acura. My actual price will be
determined soon. In case you don't believe me....Mgmnt has already confirmed my "under MSRP" selling price....IF it's $1 under....we go to war!! LOL!!
Old 02-03-2021, 11:07 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Current 2022 MDX Incentives

Just to inform folks that there are already special Leasing Offers...go to the site.

Also, Military incentive.....If you Lease or Finance....$750 is being offered.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:50 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Nothing is written in stone...ever. I will be paying under MSRP. After 7 Acuras purchased at one dealer, I don't pay MSRP for any Acura. My actual price will be
determined soon. In case you don't believe me....Mgmnt has already confirmed my "under MSRP" selling price....IF it's $1 under....we go to war!! LOL!!
Just to inform folks that there are already special Leasing Offers...go to the site.

Also, Military incentive.....If you Lease or Finance....$750 is being offered.
Glaringly missing is the $1500 loyalty/conquest rebate, which only applies to the 2020 MDX (it's also missing for the 2021 TLX).

As I've said before, dealers can simply upcharge you a "market adjustment" of $750 and then deduct the military or new grad rebate bringing you back to MSRP.

I look forward to your upcoming dealer experience. Your guy/gal probably knows he can take what he promised you and give it to someone else for hundreds more. Keep us posted!
Old 02-04-2021, 05:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdx4now
As someone who purchased two of the first generation models, my first being 18+ years ago, I remember vividly the 2001-2003 MDXs over the course of three model years never commanding anything less than MSRP, and in many cases commanded MSRP + forced accessories + market adjustments. I was able to secure my first 2003 at MSRP and no forced accessories (and waited 3 months for it to come in). A year prior my good friend had to travel from Chicago to Columbus, OH to get their 2002 model at MSRP without forced accessories.

Nearly all 10 Chicago-land Acura dealers were unfortunately very difficult to work with during that period. On the flip side, I secured my 2006 right before the 2007 change-over for $5K less than what I paid for my 2003.

The 3-row car-based SUV landscape was very different in the early 2000s (initially no true 3-row options, even the Honda Pilot wasn't released until the 2003 model year).

I'm sure the current 2022 MDX will command list for a period, but I can't fathom it holding for an extended amount of time unless certain trims and such are overly constrained (let's hope not). I would imagine the Tech models will still be the majority of the inventory allocation.
this is what I expect to find at least initially. Wish the tech model had the heated seats. What is an option on other brands is only available in the advance model such as the seats and heated steering wheel
Old 02-04-2021, 05:38 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Glaringly missing is the $1500 loyalty/conquest rebate, which only applies to the 2020 MDX (it's also missing for the 2021 TLX).

As I've said before, dealers can simply upcharge you a "market adjustment" of $750 and then deduct the military or new grad rebate bringing you back to MSRP.

I look forward to your upcoming dealer experience. Your guy/gal probably knows he can take what he promised you and give it to someone else for hundreds more. Keep us posted!
You are being so cynical. Since you obviously don't know my relationship with my dealer...after so many Acuras purchased. I have been in the car world as a seller and Asst. to a dealer in
So. Cal. when jobs were tough to find and I did what I had to to pay the bills. I KNOW how the business works. And, I KNOW my dealers. I DO NOT buy from "gals/guys" at a dealership.
Do you know the first person I call....the GM...and at times part owner. I START there....and the "handling of the vehicle and whatever my needs are gets assigned to usually the Inv. Mgr.
or that person AND a top sales person to handle the "little things." I KNOW what I'm doing. After 45 new cars purchased I learned something for sure. And having been on the "inside" too.

I was thinking of buying the new Toyota Supra not long ago. I did NOT know anyone in my local Toyota dealership. So, how did I reach out to them?....did I walk in and start chatting up the
first sales person that was salivating to make a sale....NOT HARDLY. I never do that. I could teach many on how to do it. Anyway....I looked at their web site to see who the GM was, got his
email address and wrote him a nice email on who I am, what I was looking for, and how I like to do business. He answered very quickly...same day....and we ended up on the phone. Great guy,
and from there a new friendship developed. We visited at this office....he got me a Supra that he bought from Toyota that was a dignitaries car, and said drive it, take it home, do what you have
to to decide IF it's what you want. I had told him...I wasn't so sure about the new Supra due to it's small, tiny interior, hard to get in and out of, etc. It drove. GREAT. It took me a long time to
make up my mind, and in the end, I said...NO....not the car for me. He was totally OK with that. He said...well at least I met a new friend. We still converse.

That's how I buy cars. IF I like a dealership and their products, I stay with them. Then when it's time to buy another new one....I email, or text, or pick up the phone. My deals. are made via those
methods....NOT in person. So...again, I'm NOT the average buyer who walks in to a dealership, and many have told me those exact words.

My dealer does NOT "upcharge me"....LOL...you are funny. But, I know...you didn't understand my knowledge and how I do things. That's what I just wrote about here.
I get the Invoice emailed to me as I sit at home pondering it all. I call we talk....and very quickly come to a buy price. NO Tom "foolery" happening when I buy. That's for those
"newbies" that don't know HOW to buy. I do. And yes, I do lots of research anywhere there is info on a new vehicle, to include pricing IF enough of "said veh." have been sold to produce
a "record or average, etc, etc." Like True Car and others. But, seeing the Invoice is normally enough. And, often I get told exactly how much back money Acura is giving the dealer. Now,
GM's do NOT normally tell that to hardly any buyers. When you get established with a dealer after many purchases...and make friends with the GM, as I always do...then they have no problem
discussing the $$$ that are involved.

I just bought a new '21 Mustang. Came home Tues. The GM at my Ford Dealership....yes, he's a friend...and a great guy. The best GM I've ever met. He's a "car guy" loves Mustangs, and
it was my 2nd one from him. As I said, I only start with the GM. It has worked for me for many yrs. I was thinking also recently of maybe an Audi. I again, found out who the GM was, sent him
an email...same as the Toyota situation described above....we hit it off...he called...I am straight fwd, no nonsense kind of guy....they like that, and see I know car dealing. He offered whatever
I needed to do to help me make a decision on an Audi. I ended up talking with him and the #2 guy...the GSM...most dealers have a GSM...General Sales Mgr. Or some use a different title.
That's it...the top 2. The GM of that dealership...was also the President of the Company that also owned a few other dealerships. So, he was a real "big dog" reporting to the principal owner
of the entire Corporation. He couldn't have been nicer. And spent a lot of time with me...and was not upset at all that I didn't end up buying one of his cars.

Now, honestly, how many car buyers do it the way I do?? We know the answer to that. NO...it's not ego, or narcissism at all. It's called LOTS of experience and learning what works over
the many yrs I've been doing this. I am NOT a youngster anymore.

Honestly, I hope you now understand and maybe I helped you or someone on how it can be done. And, I know, not everyone may have "what it takes" to be so bold...or may "fear" reaching out
to the GM....OH MY...LOL!! Hey, they are a person just like us...just work in a different job. I will admit that some GM's stay in their offices and don't or rarely interact with customers....but, all the
ones I know and have met over the last 15 yrs where I live now....that is not the case. I have met and dealt with 9 different GM's during these last 15 yrs....and all have been great....but, a couple were
exceptional people to work with and buy from. That's my story...it's absolutely true and honest. I have fun buying new cars.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
I hope you told him where to stick it and walked out.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gen4MDX:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (02-04-2021), ELIN (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 06:39 PM
Drifting

Honestly, I hope you now understand and maybe I helped you or someone on how it can be done. And, I know, not everyone may have "what it takes" to be so bold...or may "fear" reaching out
to the GM....OH MY...LOL!! Hey, they are a person just like us...just work in a different job. I will admit that some GM's stay in their offices and don't or rarely interact with customers....but, all the
ones I know and have met over the last 15 yrs where I live now....that is not the case. I have met and dealt with 9 different GM's during these last 15 yrs....and all have been great....but, a couple were
exceptional people to work with and buy from. That's my story...it's absolutely true and honest. I have fun buying new cars.
I don't fear reaching out to the GM. It's just a case of whether it's really necessary. I became a Benz customer because the GSM saw me browsing and asked if he could help me with something. Now I feel like I'll always have a Benz in the family.

Your experience touches on relationships and the effort required to build them. Unfortunately in this age of instant gratification, a lot of that is lost (sometimes our fault, sometimes theirs). Doing deals with an "Internet Sales Manager" just makes the whole experience even less personal.

Last edited by ELIN; 02-04-2021 at 06:43 PM.
lausy (03-23-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 10:20 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tsturbo
I hope you told him where to stick it and walked out.
I told him to call me when he a line on a Type-S.

He said they will be in the $67k and change range and would likely also command some dealer uplift. Didn't seem thrilled about ordering one for me.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:51 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

I don't fear reaching out to the GM. It's just a case of whether it's really necessary. I became a Benz customer because the GSM saw me browsing and asked if he could help me with something. Now I feel like I'll always have a Benz in the family.

Your experience touches on relationships and the effort required to build them. Unfortunately in this age of instant gratification, a lot of that is lost (sometimes our fault, sometimes theirs). Doing deals with an "Internet Sales Manager" just makes the whole experience even less personal.
Internet Sales Mgr??? You talking about what I wrote about? I've never dealt with a person with that title. And, it's NO big deal writing an email to a GM. What's such a bid deal about that?? You click on their
web site, get the email and write. IF they respond and...."game on." Very simple. Not hard at all. In fact the "liking of a potential customer" is based on how well you write your email. Like I said, I always end up
with a friend...and yes we stay in contact. No, I don't go to the Country Club with them...but, they are a "true business friend" that makes all deals easy to do.

You just happened to have a GSM approach you. Doesn't happen that often since there are a few "sales mgrs. and salesman" below that person that generally make contact when you walk in.
Again..what "effort" is it to write an email? Wow....can't figure that one out. Let's be honest....I've been inside way too many dealerships in my time...meaning, I've spent a lot of money for new cars,
and it's fun. But, "just walking in" you have to work at dodging the reg. sales folks. Why waste your time with them?? I stopped that long ago. That's why....make a GM connection..easy, and
off you go without working through all the layers. YOU are at where you want to be. The GM is the yes or no man/lady....without making a case with others below that person. Seems simple to me. But, to you
and others...since you don't do that it seems hard, or "why bother" etc. I'm successful at it. That's what counts. Others can learn too..IF they dare!! LOL! No disrespect man. You can buy from the lady that
greets you at Mercedes front desk...if you want!!
Old 02-04-2021, 11:21 PM
Burning Brakes

I told him to call me when he a line on a Type-S.

He said they will be in the $67k and change range and would likely also command some dealer uplift. Didn't seem thrilled about ordering one for me.
Go to another dealer, why take that abuse?
ELIN (02-05-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 07:50 AM
Drifting

Internet Sales Mgr??? You talking about what I wrote about? I've never dealt with a person with that title. And, it's NO big deal writing an email to a GM. What's such a bid deal about that?? You click on their
web site, get the email and write. IF they respond and...."game on."
Clearly there is a generation gap. I've already acknowledged that building relationships works for you and that's great. These days, especially with everyone WFH, it's much easier to shop for cars with an Internet Sales Manager as the first point of contact before entering a dealership. Even before the pandemic, these "Internet Depts" existed and now not only are they necessary but they have replaced the "old school" relationships you are familiar with.

Times change and not everyone has time to write nice, long emails to GMs.
Gen4MDX (03-30-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 06:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Smile CarsDirect

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-art...t-439-mo-lease

2022 Acura MDX Debuts With $1,000 Discount, $439/mo Lease
By

Alex Bernstein
, Senior Pricing Analyst - February 5, 2021

The redesigned 2022 Acura MDX is on its way to dealers and already features a decent discount. Although you won't see it advertised yet on the automaker's website, dealer incentive bulletins reveal that the brand's newest luxury SUV is eligible for a $1,000 cash incentive that can help lower your monthly payment.

Earlier this week, the new MDX received a $1,000 loyalty discount for those coming from another Acura. You don't have to trade-in your existing vehicle, and the offer can be transferred to members of the same household. Alternatively, Acura is offering a $1,000 conquest bonus when switching from select competitors.

While eligible brands can vary slightly depending on where you live, some of them include Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Infiniti, Mercedes-Benz, and Volvo. Interestingly, Acura has opted to list the mainstream Honda brand among its list of competitors, potentially offering owners a nice chance to upgrade to a new Acura.

Looking more closely, either offer can actually be combined with 1.9% APR financing for up to 60 months. That said, those looking to lease one ahead of the Presidents' Day holiday could be disappointed because there are no special lease rates or any lease cash incentives that can help drive down the price.

Acura's first lease on the 2022 MDX is listed at $469 for 36 months with $3,999 due at signing (10,000 miles/year). Those eligible for either of the aforementioned bonuses can lower their payment by $30. With an effective cost as low as $550/month, that's a decent value given the vehicle's MSRP of $47,925.

Those looking for a deal will want to take a hard look at the 2020 MDX. That's because the outgoing version features one of the largest discounts on a luxury SUV. You won't see it advertised, but Acura is offering a $5,500 financing incentive that can be combined with a $1,500 bonus like the ones above for $7,000 in savings.

In terms of leasing, last year's model is a lot more affordable. It's listed at $419 for 36 months with $2,999 at signing, or $502/month. You can even lower that to $462 with one of the $1,500 bonuses. At that price, it's $78/month cheaper to lease than the redesign and among this month's best leases on a luxury SUV.

Current Acura offers end on March 1, 2021.

Last edited by TSX69; 02-05-2021 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-06-2021, 11:57 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Clearly there is a generation gap. I've already acknowledged that building relationships works for you and that's great. These days, especially with everyone WFH, it's much easier to shop for cars with an Internet Sales Manager as the first point of contact before entering a dealership. Even before the pandemic, these "Internet Depts" existed and now not only are they necessary but they have replaced the "old school" relationships you are familiar with.

Times change and not everyone has time to write nice, long emails to GMs.
I don't think a "so called generation gap" is the issue. It's about you, set in your way, and don't want to try something new. I don't know how old you are, but, I can tell you, I've known about Internet Sales Dept's for over 2 decades!
I know EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE AND HOW TO USE....or NOT use them. Probably LONG before you knew they existed. I do know this. They are NOT the best place to start. Many think....think....they can get a better deal
going through them than let's say....walking in the door and talking to the first salivating sales person that greets you. That's not the case. You can do much better on pricing....in MOST cases...by NOT starting with or doing bus. with the Int. Dept.

Did you NOT get it that I used to work at a Toyota and Nissan dealership when I lived in So. Cal. I also assisted my best friend who was a private dealer and broker in buying cars at auction, finding buyers, and delivering high
end cars and SUV's....often to Hollywood types and sports stars. Not that that matters too much...but, my point is....I KNOW the car business....again...from the inside and with more cars bought than most all people. Partly 'cause I'm
a crazy car guy and just went through, and am still gong through. a lot of new cars. It's just been my passion.

So....IF you think you can teach me something NEW about HOW to buy cars....LOL...well, you just totally have your head in the sand. Give me some respect and pay attention, and you may learn something...but, apparently you
think I'm "too "F" ing old to know what's happening. That is such BS. Maybe you don't know HOW to write a proper email to a GM. I certainly doesn't take very long...IF you know how to write and think what and how to put on
an email something good. Part of my eclectic background included writing a LOT for different world wide companies. I wrote Tech. Manuals, I wrote a "Train the Trainer Manual" that was sold to airlines all over the world. I KNOW how to write.

TIMES CHANGE???? LOL...LOL...LOL. You certainly don't get it. Do GM's still exist? Are you afraid to reach out? GM's have been around much longer than I've been on this earth. They make the final "Yes or NO" when you
would have to do some "tough nose" negotiating. I haven't had to do that for over 20 yrs. Tell me..youngster......how many deals have you made via....email, text, phone??? Meaning, you talk to "the man" and settle of a buying
price?? Come one...how many times have you truly done that??? Rare IF at all is my guess. ME.....I do it all the time. Every deal for the past 15 yrs. And that was a LOT of new cares. I always have 2 new ones in the garage and
trade often. I just picked up my '21 Mustang GT from my "friendly GM" and his folks....AFTER he and I settled on...New car price...AND what I would get for my trade. YES....they did NOT have to see my car. They know me...I sent lots of picks, and they knew my car still looked new...at 1.5 yrs old and only 1,435 miles.

I do these deals just that way at my Acura dealer. How's this. Just talked yesterday to my New Car Mgr. also the Inventory Mgr, and I asked him if he had the Invoice for the ONE 2022 MDX he had there. Yes he did, and said, I will email it to you. He did, and I have in my folder the Invoice for a 2022 MDX Advance. Now I'm prepped for when he and I talk ON THE PHONE and settle on a buy price for the one I ordered due in in about 3 weeks. It won't take but a minute or two to finalize that price and then another couple minutes to get a trade amount for my "19 MDX Adv.

So, IF you are paying close attention. I can buy a car have it all done in about 10 min. on the phone. All I have to do is show up, look it over when it arrives, and sign paperwork and sign a check to pay for it.
Now...It seems to me, you are still screwing around with....Internet...then on to someone else, then sit down, negotiate, etc, etc. I KNOW exactly how it has to go. REMEMBER...I've done this a TON of times.

So..you can try to tell everyone that my system is "old school" and yours is SO the way to go....but, looks like to me....MY WAY wins and will win over your way every time. Just a fact. I proved it.

Seems to me...YOU are behind the times. You can't make a deal like I can in the time I can....not even close.

Have a great day...have fun...your way...but, don't ever disrespect me by saying "I'm old school" when you don't even know what you are talking about. I proved it here. I'm done trying to teach someone...that THINKS they know the "better way!" Obviously YOU DO NOT. And again....I DO ALL MY BUSISNESS VIA EMAIL, TEXT AND PHONE. I DO NOT go to the dealership first. I only go to pick up my vehicle and sign the Docs, and write the check. Quick, simple, easy and FAST. And you want me to do it your way....WHY??? What would be MY advantage...doing it your way??? THERE IS NONE....NATA....ZILCH....ZERO.
It can't get any simpler that how I do it. And, I know you will disrespect me again....why will you...probably?...'cause it so easy to do it via these posts. Just don't ever think you can do that in person.

ONE key thing you seem to be misunderstanding. I ONLY have to write 1 email to a GM when I'm trying to get "in the door." AFTER THAT....and I've made a great bus. connection....then that's it. I buy as explained here. I have established a relationship with my Ford GM and my Acura GM. For now....so when I want one of these products....what ONLY DO I HAVE TO DO???? Send a 1 or 2 sentence email stating what I want....OR...just call and do the same. IT CAN'T get any easier than that. IT just CAN'T. So, Mr know better than me.....IF you can come up with a quicker way for me to buy my next Acura....or my next Mustang....please explain it to me. LOL.....You can't.

IF I want a Toyota product, or an Audi, or a Lexus, or a Corvette.....I've already established those relationships. Then...what do I have to do to buy one of their vehicles??? Yes, pick up the phone, or text...you do text right??? LOL!!! I
tell that GM what I want. HOW in the world can it get any better or faster than that. IT CAN'T.

My deal has already started for the 2022 MDX. How...I ordered the car first of all. On the phone!! Now I have the Invoice. I already KNOW I will not pay MSRP, but, closer to Invoice. HOW do I know that. Simple, I've known my New Car Mgr for many years....he's honest and is a friend to me and my wife. And, just to keep you all straight, my Acura dealer does not charge OVER MSRP for any car at any time. That is the OWNERS direction and has been that way for many years. He doesn't believe in it. OH.....he also owns the Ford dealer where I buy!! LOL!! I paid way under Invoice for my Mustangs. Just did. Will they ask MSRP for the first few rounds of 2022s coming in? Yes....BUT, I won't be paying MSRP. How does that happen?? LOL...Easy...when you have purchased so many from one dealer....that's how you get treated. Got to learn how the world works my young unknowing young person. LOL!! Take care....

Bye!

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 02-07-2021 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:23 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by tsturbo
Go to another dealer, why take that abuse?
With the Type S it could be a little tougher, since production numbers will be fairly low I'm guessing. Some dealers are trying to get ADM's on the "lower models" and some don't do ADM's over
MSRP like my dealer. Never have. The owner directed long ago that NO model will be sold over MSRP.

Today I got the Invoice for a 2022 MDX Advance. How...easy, I asked my Mgr at my dealer. He emailed it to me! I ordered my Adv. back whenever....now I have the Invoice and I'm ready to make a deal,
when it's closer to the arrival time..which is approx. 3 wks. We'll talk on the phone and settle on a buy price AND my trade vehicle amount too. Won't take long. I won't be paying MSRP, that I know.
It will be closer to Invoice. Again, the advantages of having bought multiple vehicles from the same dealer.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:08 AM
Drifting

I don't think a "so called generation gap" is the issue. It's about you, set in your way, and don't want to try something new. I don't know how old you are, but, I can tell you, I've known about Internet Sales Dept's for over 2 decades!
I know EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE AND HOW TO USE....or NOT use them. Probably LONG before you knew they existed. I do know this. They are NOT the best place to start. Many think....think....they can get a better deal
going through them than let's say....walking in the door and talking to the first salivating sales person that greets you. That's not the case. You can do much better on pricing....in MOST cases...by NOT starting with or doing bus. with the Int. Dept.

Did you NOT get it that I used to work at a Toyota and Nissan dealership when I lived in So. Cal. I also assisted my best friend who was a private dealer and broker in buying cars at auction, finding buyers, and delivering high
end cars and SUV's....often to Hollywood types and sports stars. Not that that matters too much...but, my point is....I KNOW the car business....again...from the inside and with more cars bought than most all people. Partly 'cause I'm
a crazy car guy and just went through, and am still gong through. a lot of new cars. It's just been my passion.

So....IF you think you can teach me something NEW about HOW to buy cars....LOL...well, you just totally have your head in the sand. Give me some respect and pay attention, and you may learn something...but, apparently you
think I'm "too "F" ing old to know what's happening. That is such BS. Maybe you don't know HOW to write a proper email to a GM. I certainly doesn't take very long...IF you know how to write and think what and how to put on
an email something good. Part of my eclectic background included writing a LOT for different world wide companies. I wrote Tech. Manuals, I wrote a "Train the Trainer Manual" that was sold to airlines all over the world. I KNOW how to write.

TIMES CHANGE???? LOL...LOL...LOL. You certainly don't get it. Do GM's still exist? Are you afraid to reach out? GM's have been around much longer than I've been on this earth. They make the final "Yes or NO" when you
would have to do some "tough nose" negotiating. I haven't had to do that for over 20 yrs. Tell me..youngster......how many deals have you made via....email, text, phone??? Meaning, you talk to "the man" and settle of a buying
price?? Come one...how many times have you truly done that??? Rare IF at all is my guess. ME.....I do it all the time. Every deal for the past 15 yrs. And that was a LOT of new cares. I always have 2 new ones in the garage and
trade often. I just picked up my '21 Mustang GT from my "friendly GM" and his folks....AFTER he and I settled on...New car price...AND what I would get for my trade. YES....they did NOT have to see my car. They know me...I sent lots of picks, and they knew my car still looked new...at 1.5 yrs old and only 1,435 miles.

I do these deals just that way at my Acura dealer. How's this. Just talked yesterday to my New Car Mgr. also the Inventory Mgr, and I asked him if he had the Invoice for the ONE 2022 MDX he had there. Yes he did, and said, I will email it to you. He did, and I have in my folder the Invoice for a 2022 MDX Advance. Now I'm prepped for when he and I talk ON THE PHONE and settle on a buy price for the one I ordered due in in about 3 weeks. It won't take but a minute or two to finalize that price and then another couple minutes to get a trade amount for my "19 MDX Adv.

So, IF you are paying close attention. I can buy a car have it all done in about 10 min. on the phone. All I have to do is show up, look it over when it arrives, and sign paperwork and sign a check to pay for it.
Now...It seems to me, you are still screwing around with....Internet...then on to someone else, then sit down, negotiate, etc, etc. I KNOW exactly how it has to go. REMEMBER...I've done this a TON of times.

So..you can try to tell everyone that my system is "old school" and yours is SO the way to go....but, looks like to me....MY WAY wins and will win over your way every time. Just a fact. I proved it.

Seems to me...YOU are behind the times. You can't make a deal like I can in the time I can....not even close.

Have a great day...have fun...your way...but, don't ever disrespect me by saying "I'm old school" when you don't even know what you are talking about. I proved it here. I'm done trying to teach someone...that THINKS they know the "better way!" Obviously YOU DO NOT. And again....I DO ALL MY BUSISNESS VIA EMAIL, TEXT AND PHONE. I DO NOT go to the dealership first. I only go to pick up my vehicle and sign the Docs, and write the check. Quick, simple, easy and FAST. And you want me to do it your way....WHY??? What would be MY advantage...doing it your way??? THERE IS NONE....NATA....ZILCH....ZERO.
It can't get any simpler that how I do it. And, I know you will disrespect me again....why will you...probably?...'cause it so easy to do it via these posts. Just don't ever think you can do that in person.

ONE key thing you seem to be misunderstanding. I ONLY have to write 1 email to a GM when I'm trying to get "in the door." AFTER THAT....and I've made a great bus. connection....then that's it. I buy as explained here. I have established a relationship with my Ford GM and my Acura GM. For now....so when I want one of these products....what ONLY DO I HAVE TO DO???? Send a 1 or 2 sentence email stating what I want....OR...just call and do the same. IT CAN'T get any easier than that. IT just CAN'T. So, Mr know better than me.....IF you can come up with a quicker way for me to buy my next Acura....or my next Mustang....please explain it to me. LOL.....You can't.

IF I want a Toyota product, or an Audi, or a Lexus, or a Corvette.....I've already established those relationships. Then...what do I have to do to buy one of their vehicles??? Yes, pick up the phone, or text...you do text right??? LOL!!! I
tell that GM what I want. HOW in the world can it get any better or faster than that. IT CAN'T.

My deal has already started for the 2022 MDX. How...I ordered the car first of all. On the phone!! Now I have the Invoice. I already KNOW I will not pay MSRP, but, closer to Invoice. HOW do I know that. Simple, I've known my New Car Mgr for many years....he's honest and is a friend to me and my wife. And, just to keep you all straight, my Acura dealer does not charge OVER MSRP for any car at any time. That is the OWNERS direction and has been that way for many years. He doesn't believe in it. OH.....he also owns the Ford dealer where I buy!! LOL!! I paid way under Invoice for my Mustangs. Just did. Will they ask MSRP for the first few rounds of 2022s coming in? Yes....BUT, I won't be paying MSRP. How does that happen?? LOL...Easy...when you have purchased so many from one dealer....that's how you get treated. Got to learn how the world works my young unknowing young person. LOL!! Take care....

Bye!
First of all, I meant you no disrespect when I said "old school." I tried to use the most neutral term that could quickly convey the meaning of "something that was done in the past that may no longer apply." When someone calls you an "OG," that's usually a sign of respect from the current generation. I know your trigger words now so I won't use those with you anymore.

Second: Honestly, I don't care who's way is better. In my short time in Acurazine, I don't ever feel the need to "flex" because that's just not who I am. You've said your piece and I've said mine. We are allowed to disagree on forums. In fact, many companies fail when too many employees fail to speak up and give oppositional viewpoints.

You value your ability as an educator. That's great! I value education too (in fact, I'm married to one!). It is with this common value system that I hope you will look into "Bounded Awareness." Kahneman and Tversky won the Nobel prize for their research in the way people think. Their findings opened up my eyes and I hope it does the same for you as well. Take care!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuris...ecision-making
Gen4MDX (03-30-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 01:54 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Why do you even bother acknowledging that internet turd?

Typical Mustang owner 😂
Old 02-08-2021, 07:15 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by twiz03

Typical Mustang owner 😂
I don't have to be friends with everybody but life's too short for all this hate.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:20 AM
Drifting

Trying to get this thread back on track....

Anyone know of any confirmed owners for the 2022 on AZ yet? I don't see an Owner's Sign-In thread. Waiting for moderators to make a Sticky?
twiz03 (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 08:18 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,428 Likes on 1,878 Posts
First of all, I meant you no disrespect when I said "old school." I tried to use the most neutral term that could quickly convey the meaning of "something that was done in the past that may no longer apply." When someone calls you an "OG," that's usually a sign of respect from the current generation. I know your trigger words now so I won't use those with you anymore.

Second: Honestly, I don't care who's way is better. In my short time in Acurazine, I don't ever feel the need to "flex" because that's just not who I am. You've said your piece and I've said mine. We are allowed to disagree on forums. In fact, many companies fail when too many employees fail to speak up and give oppositional viewpoints.

You value your ability as an educator. That's great! I value education too (in fact, I'm married to one!). It is with this common value system that I hope you will look into "Bounded Awareness." Kahneman and Tversky won the Nobel prize for their research in the way people think. Their findings opened up my eyes and I hope it does the same for you as well. Take care!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuris...ecision-making
Just ignore the guy. He clearly thinks his shit don’t stink and nothing you say will make him think that he isn’t superior to everyone here.
The following 3 users liked this post by fiatlux:
ELIN (02-08-2021), Gen4MDX (03-30-2021), lausy (03-23-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 11:28 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Admittedly, I'm an older guy but I feel like I might die before I read all those words.
The following 7 users liked this post by Tripp11:
amcobra (02-11-2021), ELIN (02-08-2021), Gen4MDX (03-30-2021), Integra2Pilot (03-10-2021), steve_97060 (02-08-2021), ToniRDX19 (03-16-2021), Type34 (02-08-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-08-2021, 11:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by twiz03

Typical Mustang owner 😂
You only wish you could afford the BAD ASS MUSTANG he just purchased! Take you rude ass comments and GTFOH A$$h0le
you as well fiatlux, looks like you need to be on a bmw board...or a fiat board lol. Stupid ass millennial

Last edited by Gen4MDX; 02-08-2021 at 11:42 AM.
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (02-13-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 01:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
Patience, grasshoppa.

Let the inventory role in and the price will normalize.

Quick Reply: 2022 MDX price