Thoughts on Work Gnosis HS203

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thoughts on Work Gnosis HS203

I am going to be looking at getting new wheels for my TL-S around October timeframe. What I am looking for is something that is a simple design which makes it much easier to keep clean, and have both a little bit of a flashy or showy look paired with a bit of an aggressive/sporty look. These are the first set of wheels that matches what I am looking for. Also, I wanted to drop the car slightly, nothing crazy though. So I am looking at probably a set of springs to go with the wheels. Like I said, not going crazy huge with the wheels, probably keep it at 19 inches, to keep some beefy rubber wrapped around them.

What I am looking for from the community here is some suggestions to point me in the right direction for width/offset. I am trying to keep the front and back the same specs, even though I do enjoy the staggered look (I know its a FWD car). I dont mind a small amount of poke, but not required. Trying to shy away from any fender work too... because I am a noob when it comes to that and really dont trust any places around here (Jacksonville, FL) to do the rolling.

Bottom line.. I am looking for a little bit of an eye catcher and maintain the slightly aggressive look the TL-S has already got going on. I dont want to get too crazy, because I love how the Acura rides. What's a luxury car if your back gets raped by bumps in the road?

A little background... I traded my 08 Civic SI for the TL-S and with that... I have had a few sets of wheels (Volk TE37s and Enkei RPF1s) and both springs and eventually coilovers. I have had it "flush and slammed" but it was hard to enjoy while driving the car because of how it rode.

Thanks in advance to everyone who has taken the time to read and add suggestions and comments.

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/news-post.php?article=90

I think the PBU finish looks the best. Will probably pick up a set of their red lugs/locks to match the TL-S.

This wont be happening for a few months, just looking at pricing and such. Speaking of which, I have read a few suggestions of contacting one of the Work guys directly, as opposed to going through a vendor. I will probably be doing this, just because each vendor site I look at, they dont even show this new model of wheel.

One last thing... suggestions on springs? Not looking for a crazy drop, an inch to an inch and a half probably. I dont want to murder the ride quality.

I think thats it! Thanks again!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:08 AM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Springs sound like a good idea if you're not looking to go really low. I know Tein S.Tech's drop it 1.5", which is about where I am at. (My thread is linked in my signature)

I'm on 18x9 +30 (all around) with 235/40/18 tires. Page 28 is pics of the whole car, the most recent page has pictures of the fitment (side views, ect)

Hope that helps! Being that you don't want to go crazy low you might be able to run a 40 series sidewall since you wanted the bigger tires.

With my setup, I avoided doing fender work as well and I did not want poking. I'm pretty happy
Old 07-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks, Undying Dreams! Yeah, my set of springs when I had the civic were S. Techs as well. I enjoyed them until I got the Volks and needed some adjustments. Seeing your pics I figure these Works in 19x9 will fill the wheel wheel all I need! And yes, I would like to stay with a 40+ series tire. I see all these crazy guys with the "rubber bands" and can only see how pissed they will be when they hit a small bump the wrong way and crush a wheel. Everyone's got their own taste though! When in Rome!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Cruisin'

Wheel well***
Old 07-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Those wheels are gorgeous reminds me of my favorite wheel the Fikse FM5

Old 07-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Cruisin'

Yeah, that is why I loved the TE37s... such a simple 5 spoke wheel... but so sexy!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Race Director

TE's are 6 spoke though lol

19x9 and 40 series might be a little much, you might rub but I can't be sure.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Race Director

This will help too,

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-97/what-19-specs-will-give-you-flush-look-info-here-731898/
Old 07-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Cruisin'

Yeah, that too... 6 spoke. What I am getting at is it is such a simple and effective design.. the TE37 has been around for like a decade or more and is still "in".