HT-Spec Tuning - Function&Form Type-2 Damper - TL Specific Application

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 03:09 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm, glad I saw these pictures before I bought. You have 1/2" more to give and that is it?
Old 11-03-2010, 04:16 AM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
nope the entire sleeve is 8 inches... I only put it on at 3/4" - (not including the 3"? or so on the top thats used to adjust spring tension..) so that gives u a LONG way (~5inches?) to play if u plan on slamming it. I kept it at its highest settings because my driveway is deadly.. otherwise I would go lower.

I adjusted the spring tension today and they feel wayyy better. loving these coils, I dnt think I would get the type 2 now because i've just set these to where I want them and dont plan on changing it again haha

Which ones do u plan on getting?

Anyone else have these installed w/ pics/reviews? im curious as to how other ppl feel about these!

Last edited by jwr0ng626; 11-03-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:36 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by sac2006TL
Hmmm.... That's interesting....
I did call Preston again today and he told me that the distance between the bottom of the top hat and the top of the lower rubber mount on the spring should be in the 220mm - 215mm range for the proper pre-load. He said it should be NO MORE than 215mm. I am going to measure when I get time. ...
SAC! i measured today and i got 215.9 millimeters.

and I lowered the tension to be around 219mm.. and it felt like my ride got so much more smooth haha have u ever gotten around to measure urs yet?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey sorry for not replying for so long. I actually ended up getting brand new rears from Function directly. Apparently the valving is different in the rears they sent me. AND as a result, ALL OF MY PROBLEMS are solved!!! Love it now! No thudding or anything.

On thing I should mention.

I RECENTLY realized (after talking to Function many times) that the kit Heeltoe sells is different than the one you can buy directly from Function. SO with that being said, I should clarify that I bought mine directly from Function and hence it is NOT HT-SPEC.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Drifting

ooo wow interesting.. do u have the damper adjustment w/ the functions?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jwr0ng626
nope the entire sleeve is 8 inches... I only put it on at 3/4" - (not including the 3"? or so on the top thats used to adjust spring tension..) so that gives u a LONG way (~5inches?) to play if u plan on slamming it. I kept it at its highest settings because my driveway is deadly.. otherwise I would go lower.

I adjusted the spring tension today and they feel wayyy better. loving these coils, I dnt think I would get the type 2 now because i've just set these to where I want them and dont plan on changing it again haha

Which ones do u plan on getting?

Anyone else have these installed w/ pics/reviews? im curious as to how other ppl feel about these!
Yeah I meant it looked really low. I have Tein Basics on my '95 prelude that sit higher than what you have. But yeah, really interested in other install pics as well. I was going to get the Type 2s.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Racer

jwr0ng626, I do NOT have the adjustable Functions. I got the Type 1's and am really happy with them now after replacing the rears with the new assemblies sent to me.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by 07tl-s6spd
^^^yea that does suck.....whats the status on that 07tltypes420???
Not that it is anyone's business but we are basically talking every day about this, and a new set was shipped out despite the fact that the money is in limbo now. We've sent two sets out without payment.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Hey sorry for not replying for so long. I actually ended up getting brand new rears from Function directly. Apparently the valving is different in the rears they sent me. AND as a result, ALL OF MY PROBLEMS are solved!!! Love it now! No thudding or anything.

On thing I should mention.

I RECENTLY realized (after talking to Function many times) that the kit Heeltoe sells is different than the one you can buy directly from Function. SO with that being said, I should clarify that I bought mine directly from Function and hence it is NOT HT-SPEC.

Eh, the valving would not have been causing any sort of sounds. The simple act of uninstalling and reinstalling could have been the answer to the noise. How are we to know? I would be really nice for you to LET ME KNOW this happened before posting it in the thread here. This is a slanderous post that really is avoid the real issue, which sounds like a warranty situation not a product spec issue. You are making the HT-Spec sound defective somehow and that is simply wrong. You are doing a disservice to the community in this way. You should have let me know you wanted to change out the dampers and I could have gotten new ones for you for free.

The kits are the same exact parts just different valving. There is no way an HT-Spec part is somehow an inferior part to a non-HT one. They are all made in the same place by the same people.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Racer

Uh, how is this slanderous?

I just told everyone that my kit was NOT HT-Spec, so in no way am I saying your kits are defective.

Now if I said I had a problem with YOUR kit, which is HT-Spec and then I went around you and got new dampers from Function, then I can see how that is slanderous on your kit.

My simple point here in my previous post was to say that I did NOT buy YOUR kit, hence my problems are NOT specific, nor relevant, to those who are posting here and bought your kit. READ MY LAST LINE, as a re-cap it reads, "I should clarify that I bought mine directly from Function and hence it is NOT HT-SPEC." The operative word here is NOT.

I agree with you, maybe I should have posted in a different thread about my thudding. Fact of the matter is that I didn't simply because until I talked to Function, I never realized that there were TWO different TL kits out there for our cars.

Apparently there is yours (HT-SPEC) with longer dampers and less ability to go as low, and then there is theirs (NOT HT-SPEC), with shorter dampers and an ability to go lower. Apparently yours rides nicer and mine is stiffer.

SO just to make you at ease, everyone who is reading this thread...

The problems that I had with MY kit should not apply to you as I bought mine from Function directly and it is NOT HT-Spec.

And the valving on the rears I received IS different. If you want to know call Preston. But here is what he told me. He took back the original rears he sent me and sent me the rears they ship for their Accord kits. So apparently, my NON-HT-Spec Type 1 F2 kit now has Accord rears and TL fronts with Function's valving, NOT Heeltoe's valving.

And your last sentence of the post above confirms the fact that your valving is different then the ones Function sells directly.

So let's recap, because I think you misread...

SAC2006TL bought his Type 1 F2 kit directly from Function and Form on the phone with Preston. He does NOT own Marcus' HT-Spec TYPE 1 kit. Therefore, the thudding problems he had most probably do NOT apply to you and I should have posted about my thud elsewhere.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Racer

And to clarify, I am not being slanderous about how low HT's kit goes or Function's goes. They both go damn low and can have your car literally resting on the ground.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:33 PM
riding low and steady

Received 80 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
Not that it is anyone's business but we are basically talking every day about this, and a new set was shipped out despite the fact that the money is in limbo now. We've sent two sets out without payment.
not anyone's business at all only the involved parties. i believe everyone was just hoping everything worked out for both parties.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Drifting

hey dontTL'em'nothing , back to suspension topic.. have u got ur type 2's installed yet?
Old 11-06-2010, 11:25 PM
riding low and steady

hey dontTL'em'nothing , back to suspension topic.. have u got ur type 2's installed yet?
^^^agreed

not yet still waiting. getting them hopefully this coming week and will take pics when installed.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Aired Out TLS

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
I'm also waiting for my type 2s to arrive this week.
Hopefully the trip wasn't too rough on them.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Uh, how is this slanderous?

I just told everyone that my kit was NOT HT-Spec, so in no way am I saying your kits are defective.

Now if I said I had a problem with YOUR kit, which is HT-Spec and then I went around you and got new dampers from Function, then I can see how that is slanderous on your kit.

My simple point here in my previous post was to say that I did NOT buy YOUR kit, hence my problems are NOT specific, nor relevant, to those who are posting here and bought your kit. READ MY LAST LINE, as a re-cap it reads, "I should clarify that I bought mine directly from Function and hence it is NOT HT-SPEC." The operative word here is NOT.

I agree with you, maybe I should have posted in a different thread about my thudding. Fact of the matter is that I didn't simply because until I talked to Function, I never realized that there were TWO different TL kits out there for our cars.
Sorry man, your posts had me thinking you got our kit and replaced it with a standard kit and there was somehow a problem with ours. My misunderstanding!

Apparently there is yours (HT-SPEC) with longer dampers and less ability to go as low, and then there is theirs (NOT HT-SPEC), with shorter dampers and an ability to go lower. Apparently yours rides nicer and mine is stiffer.
This is actually false. The lowering ability is the SAME on the standard F2s and the HT-Specs. The point to the longer dampers is so you can get the car sitting higher than their normal kit should you want that. Their kit would theoretically go lower but your car would be on the frame before you got to that point. There should be no reason to think the HT-Spec kit might no go low enough for anyone.

SO just to make you at ease, everyone who is reading this thread...

The problems that I had with MY kit should not apply to you as I bought mine from Function directly and it is NOT HT-Spec.

And the valving on the rears I received IS different. If you want to know call Preston. But here is what he told me. He took back the original rears he sent me and sent me the rears they ship for their Accord kits. So apparently, my NON-HT-Spec Type 1 F2 kit now has Accord rears and TL fronts with Function's valving, NOT Heeltoe's valving.

And your last sentence of the post above confirms the fact that your valving is different then the ones Function sells directly.

So let's recap, because I think you misread...

SAC2006TL bought his Type 1 F2 kit directly from Function and Form on the phone with Preston. He does NOT own Marcus' HT-Spec TYPE 1 kit. Therefore, the thudding problems he had most probably do NOT apply to you and I should have posted about my thud elsewhere.
Thanks for clarifying man. Even still, the noise is really most likely due to a issue that could have come on any damper. If it were a problem with our HT-Spec ones, the solution would be to send a new damper to you. The valving has nothing to do with it.

Originally Posted by dontTL'em'nothing
not anyone's business at all only the involved parties. i believe everyone was just hoping everything worked out for both parties.
It is, things should be ok.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:09 PM
riding low and steady

Originally Posted by Beat-Freak...
I'm also waiting for my type 2s to arrive this week.
Hopefully the trip wasn't too rough on them.
what springs did you go with? i went with the type 2 eibachs.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Aired Out TLS

what springs did you go with? i went with the type 2 eibachs.
Went with the Type 2s and regular springs that came with it, also added the front and rear cambers.

ETA, this morning .
Old 11-08-2010, 09:52 AM
riding low and steady

Went with the Type 2s and regular springs that came with it, also added the front and rear cambers.

ETA, this morning .
when did you order yours?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Aired Out TLS

when did you order yours?

Oct 22nd, Yeah it seems like forever when waiting for
parts for our cars. Money has to clear and all that.
Be patient my friend I believe they get it pretty close
to what date and time they say when it will be delivered
Old 11-08-2010, 12:31 PM
riding low and steady

Oct 22nd, Yeah it seems like forever when waiting for
parts for our cars. Money has to clear and all that.
Be patient my friend I believe they get it pretty close
to what date and time they say when it will be delivered
lol its all good im in no hurry to install them atleast right now since its gotten colder out and i have no garage. That and i dont know when they will arrive since they got dropped shipped. But heeltoe will come through none the less.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:24 PM
riding low and steady

look what the ups man just dropped off for me
Type 2's with eibachs
install will be this weekend along with my comptech RSB!!

Old 11-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Chapter Leader (Central New Jersey)

Received 220 Likes on 202 Posts
^^sweet... is that a tape measure they gave you in there???
Old 11-08-2010, 06:31 PM
riding low and steady

Originally Posted by 07tl-s6spd
^^sweet... is that a tape measure they gave you in there???

yes sir it is. Hey mrheeltoe you should have some decals made. I like reppin who i buy from . dont worry i dont put stickers on the outside, i put them on the inside of my hood like ive done with my other cars. man i already know that these will ride smooth

Last edited by dontTL'em'nothing; 11-08-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:41 PM
3.5L...enough said

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Thanks Marcus...Your product is great...Quality is awesome...Ride is smooth as silk!! Type 2's are the way to go...having the flexibility of adjustabilty is great!

Summer wheels---

Winter wheels...gettin cold here now, had to get it outta the way since i was doing the suspension anyways and the jack was out!

Last edited by 07TLTypeS420; 11-08-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Drifting

NICE! ride quality same as stock?
Old 11-09-2010, 06:28 AM
3.5L...enough said

NICE! ride quality same as stock?
Yea it really is as close to stock as you can get. Type-s rides rough stock so the ride is damn near the same. I'm gonna soften up the dampers some, I'm Rockin 14 in the front and 16 in the rear...I'm gonna put it to 10 front and 12 rear. That should be the exact ride I desire.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Aired Out TLS

look what the ups man just dropped off for me
Type 2's with eibachs
install will be this weekend along with my comptech RSB!!

Jus got my package also.
Minus the eibachs haha.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:49 AM
riding low and steady

Jus got my package also.
Minus the eibachs haha.
installed pics or GTFO lol jk, grats hopefully you get them installed soon.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Drifting

^ get urs installed or GTFO! hahah jk

where are u frm dnttlemnothing? waitin on pics from both of you guys!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:19 PM
riding low and steady

^ get urs installed or GTFO! hahah jk

where are u frm dnttlemnothing? waitin on pics from both of you guys!
lol. getting them installed this weekend. Im from nashville
Old 11-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Former Sponsor

yes sir it is. Hey mrheeltoe you should have some decals made. I like reppin who i buy from . dont worry i dont put stickers on the outside, i put them on the inside of my hood like ive done with my other cars. man i already know that these will ride smooth
Check it out!

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/Heeltoe-A...-pr-65822.html

Old 11-11-2010, 12:25 PM
3.5L...enough said

Order # 11879 send a plate frame and some stickers my way!! There wasn't any in my box!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:07 PM
riding low and steady

Originally Posted by 07TLTypeS420
Order # 11879 send a plate frame and some stickers my way!! There wasn't any in my box!
These were not suppose to in with the package as far I know. Just to clear things up Iwas just saying he should include some so we could represent the parts bought from heeltoe
Old 11-11-2010, 09:47 PM
3.5L...enough said

These were not suppose to in with the package as far I know. Just to clear things up Iwas just saying he should include some so we could represent the parts bought from heeltoe
I know that...if you go to 3rd gen hes got a thread in there saying he will give a plate frame free to those whom have ordered and have a order#...So i posted on a couple threads tryin to get that free plate frame
Old 11-12-2010, 01:54 AM
Drifting

hahah nice! I wonder if he'll take any to the socal meet on sat...
Old 11-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 07TLTypeS420
I know that...if you go to 3rd gen hes got a thread in there saying he will give a plate frame free to those whom have ordered and have a order#...So i posted on a couple threads tryin to get that free plate frame
Maybe you want to make sure you post in the right thread...I have not looked yet, but for sure this one is NOT the right thread.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:00 PM
riding low and steady

Well started to get my coilovers in but ran into some problems along the way. Coilovers are great no problems with them. Broke my end links putting in my sway bar and coilovers and broke my front driver side flange bolt. So i got 3 of 4 installed . Atleast i get to do another upgrade in a way lol picking up some moog end links tomrrow and flange bolt. Blah sorry just had to vent some and let you guys know how this was going.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Drifting

damn sry to hear.. supposedly a lot of ppl have prob w/ those end links? =\

post some pics after u get all that in!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:33 PM
3.5L...enough said

I didn't have any problems with mine. install went awesome. THESE TYPE 2s ARE GREAT!!! Been rollin on em for a week now and these things ride perfect. Def. not a ricey ride at all. Keeps the luxury ride but gives you that sexy look without giving up ride quality.

GET THE BEST ****HT-Spec**** !!!!

Quick Reply: HT-Spec Tuning - Function&Form Type-2 Damper - TL Specific Application