P0222 - "TB Positioning sensor B low circuit voltage"

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
P0222 - "TB Positioning sensor B low circuit voltage"

Hello everyone,

I have an 04 TL with auto transmission 116k miles on it.

I need some assistance and was wondering if anyone know how to help me. Let me tell you first what happened.....
I was driving the car and everything was fine, and before you know it, there was light show on my dash, check engine light, VSA, traction control light came on. and then it was just all bad.
The car had no throttle respond. shift gears real bad. when car stopped i would floor it, and i would get a very slow acceleration as if the car was not in first gear, it was in second gear, it would eventually pick up speed, shift into 3rd very rough, but then stay in 3rd. 50 mile per hr and car RPM would read 4k.
Even when i put the car in manual mode, i couldnt shift gears. car would read 2nd gear, and then it would shit into 3rd, i had no control over the up or down shift.

Took the car to the shop, thinking at first its a transmission fault. but the code they got read P0222 - "TB Positioning sensor B low circuit voltage".

We changed the throttle body at the shop and put a new one in, reset the comp, start the car and everything was fine. let the car run for 10 min for computer to learn the sensor. when the car was in park, as i gave gas, the throttle respond was back to normal. the min you put the car in Drive, all hell broke loose again. only 2nd and 3rd gear would shift, even in natural i had no throttle respond, i would floor it and rpm would only go up to 2k.

i did search on the whole throttle system of the car, from gas pedal, to the gas pedal sensor, to acceleration sensor, to TB sensor. I dont want to go just go order all the parts and blow money out of @ss just to figure out what the issue is...

any help is greatly appreciated..