Noise coming from the driver side

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 10:06 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noise coming from the driver side

I have a 2007 Acura Tl Type S. I recently had my lower control arm and ball joint replaced at pepboys. A few months later I started hearing this grinding or clicking noise coming from the driver side suspension. I had taken it back to the pepboys and the idiot repair guy says a small clicking noise coming from the passenger side. That should of been a red flag for me, because he said rack and pinion. Cost me $1500 to replace. I even told him in order to hear the noise there has to be pressure or wheel jacked up also. Waste of good money. Made absolutely no difference. I took it to Toyotech. They spent a good half day and said they cant pin point it. The noise is kinda loud. At least they knew the wheels needed pressure. They put the car on their alignment machine. I even put the car on my rhino ramps and I still cant find out where its coming from. When the car is jacked up and the suspension is loose you don't hear it. When the car is on ramps or on the ground you can hear it. Usually you hear the noise when you turn the steering wheel. Whether it is idol to about 30 mph and your turning the steering wheel it will make noise, even if its only a 1/2 inch turn of the steering wheel. Other than that sometimes when you get in or out of car, you might notice one noise. Im out of ideas other than going to trial and error in installing new parts. I'm thinking either axels or front link stabilizer. The axels boot is not torn and seems fine. the stabilizer bushing is worn, but doubtful. Any ideas?