List Problems with your 3G TL Fixed Free (Warranty/Goodwill)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
List Problems with your 3G TL Fixed Free (Warranty/Goodwill)

Simple idea. List the problems that you had with your 3G TL that you had fixed free. Interesting to see exactly what problems everyone has had. I searched, hope this isn’t a duplicate thread.

My car is on 04, MT, non-navi - 36,500 miles, lots of warranty left.
- I had the fabric cover just below the third brake light fixed because the fabric was coming loose and it looked terrible.
-Fuse blew for window washer sprayer. Dealership, per direction from Acura, upgraded the fuse from 5A to 10A.
-Bluetooth module. Like everyone has done with the TSB.

I think that’s everything, I feel pretty good about that being it. How about everyone else?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Instructor

Only two things since I got the car in August 2004. There was a water leak onto the floor of the passanger compartment. It turned out to be a hole in the bottom of the car that wasn't sealed properly. My car is the only one that I know of that had this problem. The other problem was like yours. a blown fuse for the washer, outside mirror and inside dimming rearview mirror. A few minor rattles but that is about it. This is a 04 TL with a build date of June 2004.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:11 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
1. HFL
2. had the manual trans rebuilt @ 40k-new housing, countershaft, inner bearings, ring gears
the clutch, flywheel, and TO bearing, but that wasn't free. i just had em do it since the trans was already apart to save $800 in labor.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:16 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish I had lots of warranty left... :-(

I own a Dec 2003 built 2004 WDP TL (~34K miles). Warranty turns into a pumpkin come this Dec. The only warranty work performed thus far was the replacement of the drivers seatback leather cover.. Had a strange "melted" looking area at the small of my back. I've had numerous rattles that I fixed myself. Also replaced the oem crapstone tires myself in 2005. No other mechanical or electrical issues...

I will be taking it in next week for the Hands-Free/bluetooth module replacement as well as see if they will replace the headlights due to moisture buildup on the inside of the lens (stock/oem)..

It's been a dependable car
Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My warranty problem and the A+ service!

The only problem I have had with my 07 TL-S was with my trunk latch. I was making one of my routine trips to virginia and when I got there I opened the trunk and removed the suitcases with no problems. The next morning I went to get the stroller out and open the trunk and it wouldn't pop, I tried the key and of course the latch inside didn't work either. The only way I could get it to open was to use the opening in the rear seat and had to take my umbrella and reach through to manually pop the emergency release switch. This was on a saturday and I called Hall Acura (Virginia Beach) I told them it was imparative I got my trunk open, they quickly penciled me in and after 30 minutes they told me they would have to order a new trunk release.. They ended up having someone drive to a honda dealer about an hour away and come back and did the install. They told me they were out of loaners ( there was also a waiting room full of clients, some of which who were pissed bc they were there for major service and wanted a loner) I was mad when they told me they didn't have a loaner, but stayed calm. I asked to speak with the service manager on call and explained my situation, he said he didn't have any loaners.. I told him this was ridiculous bc my car was only 2 months old and I was also on vacation and for him to say they had no loaners was unacceptable. I was very calm but asked him to do whatever he had to do to resolve the issue, I even mentioned taking a "demo" car or having a honda loaner.. He asked me to return to the waiting room and within 5 minutes he returned and asked me to take a walk to discuss my warranty options. Needless to say, our little walk was right to the counter where he set me up in 07 TSX loaner... he even apologized because I was taking a step down into a tsx but was happy to release the loaner to me. I felt bad for the others sitting in the waiting room but on a personal level didn't care bc I spoke up and was taken care of. I'll never know if having my mother-in law, wife and my 4yr old daughter with me helped but I was 110% satisfied with my experience. And seriously, all this and it was just my stupid trunk latch! They even vacummed out my car (no wash because cause they know better) and installed the stupid trunk net as a courtesy. (I couldn't figure out how to install this so I just asked them for some advice, they originally suggested $65 install, and I told them they were crazy as hell... he laughed and said since you just got the car we'll take care of you) *Note I had never been to Hall Acura before and the car wasn't even bought from them, they just know the true definition of customer service
Old 10-29-2007, 01:37 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Exclamation

Built, April 2004
Delivered May 1, 2004

Over The 3½ Years Since......

- Roof rattles - 14 visits, 15th pending
- Left tail light assembly
- Seat Memory Switch
- Seat Memory Module
- Front Seat Leather and Padding
- Rear Bump Stops - per TSB 05-050
- Driver's Seat Belt Assembly - twice
- HFL Module - per TSB
- Both Lower Control Arms - Bushings were found cracked at 11,000 miles
- Driver's Side View Mirror Assembly
- Rear Deck Subwoofer - per TSB
- Aluminum Strips Along Top Edges of Console
- Center Console Armrest/Compartment Lid
- Rear Deck Panel
- Driver's Seat Heater Switch
- Assorted Dash Rattles
- Wheel Alignment
- Front Bumper Cover - result of Dealer Damage (Curry)
- Repainted Entire Roof - result of Dealer Damage (Manhattan)
- Top Side Mouldings That Run Along The Sides Of The Roof - result of Dealer Damage (Manhattan)

Nice list, huh? Good thing Acura gave me the extended warranty!

My ex, a 1989 Accord SE-i Coupe required about 1/10th as many dealer visits OVER ITS 15 YEARS!
And yes, it was made in Ohio too. Only it was the car based on the original Accord Export Edition, the 1st Honda built in the USA and shipped to Japan.

Guess they don't make 'em like they used to !
Old 10-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Instructor

Since I have owned my 04 WDP (5/07), I have had several things done under warranty:
HFL upgrade (per TSB)
New Torque Converter to fix 3rd gear tranny shudder
Repair of Torn CV boot
Headliner, glove box, B pillar and rear shelf rattle (per TSB)
Rear Bump Stops to remedy the premature rear tire wear (per TSB)
New pads and rotors to remedy squeaking (per TSB)
New battery- the dealership split the cost w. me 50/50

I have been very lucky that all this was covered and Northeast Acura has been very nice throughout the whole process.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Pro

Wow DMZ that is some list. What happened to the aluminum strips along the console? In fact what happened in all of those cases?

In reading over this I remembered that I had my Brembo pads replaced with the TSB because they squeeked. Add that to my list. Also if my car where not lowered I would have had the rear bump stop replaced with the TSB, hope the lowering fixed that...
Old 10-29-2007, 01:55 PM
IPSEC TL

Originally Posted by fish008
Wow DMZ that is some list. What happened to the aluminum strips along the console? In fact what happened in all of those cases?

In reading over this I remembered that I had my Brembo pads replaced with the TSB because they squeeked. Add that to my list. Also if my car where not lowered I would have had the rear bump stop replaced with the TSB, hope the lowering fixed that...

Speaking of the aluminum strips along the console...mine are beat to shit and need to be replaced. Anyone know a low cost route to acquire a new or decent condition used set?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My driver's side lock was making this weird motor whining noise everytime i locked it... they replaced the lock module.
Window control arm was on the fritz... everytime I tried to 'Auto' it up (driver's side front) it would go up half way then down... something about the control module.

Also, I had some problems with my front bumper... the gap where the metal meets up with the bumper was too close (I cleared my corners, maybe i didn't put them back in right?) and it was rubbing paint off my bumber... dealer noticed it but still resprayed it for me, no charge. On another occassion I thought the paint was warping on my front bumber... turns out it was an caused by in impact, they said they resprayed it for me... no charge again.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...st+TL+problems
Old 10-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Pro

Similar idea but doesn't address all 3G TLs, just 04-05. That is a very old thread too, May 2005, other things have happened since then. The thread I started 10-29-07 is about what broke and got fixed FREE.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by fish008
Similar idea but doesn't address all 3G TLs, just 04-05. That is a very old thread too, May 2005, other things have happened since then. The thread I started 10-29-07 is about what broke and got fixed FREE.
Yeah- I know- That's why I didn't close your thread.....
Old 10-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ggesq
Yeah- I know- That's why I didn't close your thread.....
Thank you. I appreciate the other thoughts.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:23 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IPSEC04TL
Speaking of the aluminum strips along the console...mine are beat to shit and need to be replaced. Anyone know a low cost route to acquire a new or decent condition used set?
I believe I remember someone posting $60-70 each... My wife tends to think the seatbelt sticks in the drivers side somehow...... At least that's what it looks like in several spots....
Old 10-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IPSEC04TL
Funny you should mention that. I took my 07 TLS back to the dealer (3rd time now) to have them fix/replace the center aluminum strip they dented on my 2nd visit. The rep told me that they would replace them for free, but said that they cost $800!!!! No, I did not add an extra 0 by mistake.

Had the car 1 month made 3 visits for:

Aluminum strips - dealer's fault
Driver's side pin stripe
Driver's mirror (apparent cause of door rattle)
Left rear weather strip
Driver's side weather strip
Front grill had foam sticking out between hood and chrome
Front passenger air vent "ticked" when fan speed was above 4
Car pulled to the right (cross rotated front tires)

Interestingly, after the left mirror was replaced, I now notice that it tilts down when I shift into reverse (original one did not). Question: Is the right mirror supposed to tilt down as well when shifted into reverse?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Advanced

Drivers door rattle
Sunroof rattel
Dash rattle
Leather chaffing
PAssenger seat squeak
aluminum strips on dash squeak
burnt out HFL button light
Aspec underbody kit was loose
Front SRS sensor
Drivers mirror turned brown
Aspec wheels started turning color and spots appeared

*****all items fixed under warranty - and got new A-spec wheels
Old 10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Crysophylos
Interestingly, after the left mirror was replaced, I now notice that it tilts down when I shift into reverse (original one did not). Question: Is the right mirror supposed to tilt down as well when shifted into reverse?
Yes the mirror is designed to tilt down when in reverse. In fact you can have either the drivers or passengers side mirror or neither mirror tilt down when you put the car in reverse. It all depends on the location of the mirror adjustor switch. If the mirror adjustor switch is on the right mirror that mirror tilts down, the left mirror the drivers side tilts down and in the center neither do.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Cruisin'

That is good to know about there service. I just bought a 08 TL w/navi from Hall Acura in Newport News Va about an hour north of VA Beach. Just one question. Why did you say they know better than to wash your car? Do they not do a good job? Just curious as i am new to this Acura ownership.

Originally Posted by Evader
My warranty problem and the A+ service!

The only problem I have had with my 07 TL-S was with my trunk latch. I was making one of my routine trips to virginia and when I got there I opened the trunk and removed the suitcases with no problems. The next morning I went to get the stroller out and open the trunk and it wouldn't pop, I tried the key and of course the latch inside didn't work either. The only way I could get it to open was to use the opening in the rear seat and had to take my umbrella and reach through to manually pop the emergency release switch. This was on a saturday and I called Hall Acura (Virginia Beach) I told them it was imparative I got my trunk open, they quickly penciled me in and after 30 minutes they told me they would have to order a new trunk release.. They ended up having someone drive to a honda dealer about an hour away and come back and did the install. They told me they were out of loaners ( there was also a waiting room full of clients, some of which who were pissed bc they were there for major service and wanted a loner) I was mad when they told me they didn't have a loaner, but stayed calm. I asked to speak with the service manager on call and explained my situation, he said he didn't have any loaners.. I told him this was ridiculous bc my car was only 2 months old and I was also on vacation and for him to say they had no loaners was unacceptable. I was very calm but asked him to do whatever he had to do to resolve the issue, I even mentioned taking a "demo" car or having a honda loaner.. He asked me to return to the waiting room and within 5 minutes he returned and asked me to take a walk to discuss my warranty options. Needless to say, our little walk was right to the counter where he set me up in 07 TSX loaner... he even apologized because I was taking a step down into a tsx but was happy to release the loaner to me. I felt bad for the others sitting in the waiting room but on a personal level didn't care bc I spoke up and was taken care of. I'll never know if having my mother-in law, wife and my 4yr old daughter with me helped but I was 110% satisfied with my experience. And seriously, all this and it was just my stupid trunk latch! They even vacummed out my car (no wash because cause they know better) and installed the stupid trunk net as a courtesy. (I couldn't figure out how to install this so I just asked them for some advice, they originally suggested $65 install, and I told them they were crazy as hell... he laughed and said since you just got the car we'll take care of you) *Note I had never been to Hall Acura before and the car wasn't even bought from them, they just know the true definition of customer service
Old 11-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Racer

1. new set of tires
2. flushed trans fuild
3. new replacement trans
4. heat warmer light
5. rear door gasket
All free
Old 11-19-2007, 02:00 AM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just a few free oil changes, a new wheel and tire per rim and tire protection package. I might be needing a new battery, NE weather and the fact I have been doing shorter trips are killing the battery life.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:14 AM
WDP TL'S FTW

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
When they say butt prints, what do they mean by that?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:19 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Paint imperfection on p/s door
Radio stopped working
Window regulator on p/s went crazy

Things that should have been fixed:

Was pissed that the rear tire separated
Apparently the clutch fluid is leaking
Annoying clunking sound from rear of car
DVD-A doesn't play
D/s window makes a loud noise when rolling down
Fucking rattles
Old 11-19-2007, 10:20 AM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Wow.. I wish I had warranty left, I have a few things that need to be done, but am over my warranty already
Old 11-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by sunny201
Wow.. I wish I had warranty left, I have a few things that need to be done, but am over my warranty already
You have an 07 right? How are you out of warranty?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:43 AM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Originally Posted by ggesq
You have an 07 right? How are you out of warranty?
45,000 miles
Old 11-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by sunny201
45,000 miles

brotha, you got 5k more miles
Old 11-19-2007, 10:48 AM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Isnt it 3 years 36000?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Senior Moderator

4yrs/50k
6yr/70k- powertrain
5yr/ unlimited mileage- outer body rust though
Total Luxury Care- 4yr/50k
Old 11-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Let's Go Pens

Originally Posted by flippin
That is good to know about there service. I just bought a 08 TL w/navi from Hall Acura in Newport News Va about an hour north of VA Beach. Just one question. Why did you say they know better than to wash your car? Do they not do a good job? Just curious as i am new to this Acura ownership.

I've taken the chance of having my car washed at Precison acura on two seperate occasions, both times I came away with scratches which the paid for a quick detail and to have them buffed out.. I'm the worst when it comes to washing cars, but I also know better than to put a wet towel down on the ground and then proceed to pick it up and finished washing/drying the car. It's just commen sense to me. I can't comment on the car washes at Hall, however, i'm assuming they are probably the same at all dealers. If I ever need major service done assuming it won't compromise the integrity of the car, I will make sure it's performed at Hall bc of knowledge and true professionalism...I truly feel it's what dealers should be like and to be handled with that kind of courtesy even when you don't buy the car from them shows me their respect for the customer. I've heard their dealership in Newport News is managed just as well.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Cruisin'

Ok ...i understand. i don't want to take the chance on having anything scratch my baby.

Originally Posted by Evader
I've taken the chance of having my car washed at Precison acura on two seperate occasions, both times I came away with scratches which the paid for a quick detail and to have them buffed out.. I'm the worst when it comes to washing cars, but I also know better than to put a wet towel down on the ground and then proceed to pick it up and finished washing/drying the car. It's just commen sense to me. I can't comment on the car washes at Hall, however, i'm assuming they are probably the same at all dealers. If I ever need major service done assuming it won't compromise the integrity of the car, I will make sure it's performed at Hall bc of knowledge and true professionalism...I truly feel it's what dealers should be like and to be handled with that kind of courtesy even when you don't buy the car from them shows me their respect for the customer. I've heard their dealership in Newport News is managed just as well.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:19 AM
IDontRideFastIJustFlyLow

Brakes disks resurfaced new brake pads and damper installed to get rid of drone at 1700 rpm in 5th.also air flow sensor replaced all within warranty got all this done with miles on car 42K 04TL auto
Old 12-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by KJSmitty
... My wife tends to think the seatbelt sticks in the drivers side somehow...... At least that's what it looks like in several spots....
Why is she in the driver's seat?

Old 12-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Instructor

i purchased an 04 TL w/navi as a certified preowned with 58,000 miles about month ago. Since then i've been back and forth to the dealer for
1. Sputtering when engine is cold
2. air bag light stays on sometimes
3. engine ticking noise
4. power steering noise everytime i make a turn
Everytime they give it back it still has same problem but everything till this day has been free and covered under warranty or extended warranty
Old 12-07-2007, 12:36 PM
2nd Gear

Question. Does the standard warranty cover the fog lights? My right just quit working. I have an 07 TLS with 8000 miles on it that I bought in Jan of this year. I can't believe that it just burnt out after 10 months.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
i have a 2006 no navi, bought it in march 2007 with 30 miles, it now has 22k miles.

-bluetooth control unit (not sure if this is what it is called, nothing happened when i
pressed the phone button on the steering wheel)

-windshield (had some false coloring running up and down through the center of the glass.)

-battery
Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Instructor

All covered under warranty:

Power steering pump
Drivers side window regulator - twice
Battery replacement
Rear seat air conditioning vent

Forgot about rotors and brake pads. Replaced at 15K miles.

Not bad for three years of ownership!
Old 12-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmie Perkins
Question. Does the standard warranty cover the fog lights? My right just quit working. I have an 07 TLS with 8000 miles on it that I bought in Jan of this year. I can't believe that it just burnt out after 10 months.
bumper to bumper coverage...they will replace it, no questions asked...
Old 12-07-2007, 02:15 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks dude. Due for an oil change anyways. Good timing.