HFL not working :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HFL not working :(

My HFL worked perfectly fine earlier today. Today I get off work and press the talk button to initiate a command. I hear the BEEP , then ten seconds later the car says please repeat. It doesnt hear or recognize any of my voice commands. If I ask the car though for directions somewhere, it still understands those commands but my hfl just stopped working. Any1 have any ideas, i have 180 miles left until my dam warranty expires, shit tends to break on a car when warranty is about to expire. It getting cold too and things tend to break or malfunction in cold weather

Has this happened to anyone on here?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:46 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Turn the car to "ON"; hold the talk/yes button for 5 seconds and HFL should run a diagnostic

If you have nav goto the nav menu, then hold um.. 3 buttons.. map/guide, menu, and cancel until it enters the diagnostics screen. If all is well you will hear a chime/beep along with all components showing green for the status. You should be able to press the HFL talk button and the diagram on the nav screen should show the mic volume level.. that will let you know if the mic is still working.

If HFL comes up red the unit has a problem..

edit.. you'll have push "Navi Diagnostics" to see this screen:

Old 11-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thnaks for the tip. I tried using my HFL lastn8 again, now it works very strange. Today is a new day I'll have to see if still works but I know now what to do if this happens again.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:04 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by timmahh
Turn the car to "ON"; hold the talk/yes button for 5 seconds and HFL should run a diagnostic

If you have nav goto the nav menu, then hold um.. 3 buttons.. map/guide, menu, and cancel until it enters the diagnostics screen. If all is well you will hear a chime/beep along with all components showing green for the status. You should be able to press the HFL talk button and the diagram on the nav screen should show the mic volume level.. that will let you know if the mic is still working.

If HFL comes up red the unit has a problem..

edit.. you'll have push "Navi Diagnostics" to see this screen:

Hey guys! I'm having an issue pairing my phone to the HFL. The cars phone setup hears me fine to get into the phone setup, entering a pin code and etc. But when it says it's searching for my phone and my iPhone is also searching for it, I remember with the other TL it would immediately show up on my iPhone. But for some reason it's not showing up with this one. I did that diagnostic test and it's only saying detecting with no mic level movement. What's the issue?

Old 03-30-2016, 03:08 PM
Cruisin'

Wupps... Sorry for a double post!

I just redid the diagnostic and learned that I was supposed to press the buttons on the steering wheels. Which indicates the buttons and mic is working. But still not solving my issue where it's not finding my phone or my phone finding the car during setup.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:52 AM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ Kevin - I.M.S
Wupps... Sorry for a double post!

I just redid the diagnostic and learned that I was supposed to press the buttons on the steering wheels. Which indicates the buttons and mic is working. But still not solving my issue where it's not finding my phone or my phone finding the car during setup.
Reviving this for my own selfish purposes I bought my daughter a 07 TSX Navi that won't pair an iPhone 7, but my 06 TL with navi pairs it no problem. (I posted this in the TSX forum as well). I compared the diagnostic screens and see if there were any differences, but there are none (all components are green, and the simple HFL diagnostic test responds with a voice that the system is ok).

So, my question is are the HFL and Bluetooth functions two separate components/modules? Meaning, if the voice commands work in the for navi and A/C etc, but the Bluetooth connectivity (pairing timeout) doesn't work, is it a Bluetooth module issue? Or are the BT and HFL the same module, and the BT components inside are faulty? BTW I have no battery drain that I can tell on the TSX.
Thanks. .
Old 03-10-2019, 12:59 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by tomlinsonj
. . .Or are the BT and HFL the same module, and the BT components inside are faulty?
The BT is the HFL - same module. Voice commands use the mic in the HFL/BT.
The following users liked this post:
tomlinsonj (03-10-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 06:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Will Y.
The BT is the HFL - same module. Voice commands use the mic in the HFL/BT.
So basically I have no battery drain, and I can send voice commands to switch AC settings, radio inputs, etc., but phone is not found in pairing mode on the 07 TSX, however I have no pairing issues in the 06TL. Is the replacement of the BT/HFL module the best bet for a fix?
Old 03-22-2019, 09:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
if your phone take a while to get pick up by HFL or having a hard time to pairs its almost the time its on the last leg. However check your TSX HFL because you can only pairs up to 10 phones only, you might have to delete some of them, BTW TSX HFL isn't so cheap lol....

Even a used one still go for $300 or more, new one is about $1k
The following users liked this post:
tomlinsonj (03-23-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 06:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by truonghthe
if your phone take a while to get pick up by HFL or having a hard time to pairs its almost the time its on the last leg. However check your TSX HFL because you can only pairs up to 10 phones only, you might have to delete some of them, BTW TSX HFL isn't so cheap lol....

Even a used one still go for $300 or more, new one is about $1k
I know - crazy price inflation. It's like the $200 OEM MT shift knob, lol. I'll pull the unit and reseat it, but your probably right at it being on the way out, so it's time to search the part-outs.. Also there was only one phone paired to it when I bought it, but I cleared that, so no previous data is on there.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:34 PM
Racer

I was in the Tampa area yesterday and there is a chain of you-pull auto parts called KLQ. They had a 08 TSX so I pulled the HFL, and paid $5 (I described it as a radio relay). Plugged it into my daughter's 06 TSX and it paired the phone quickly. Now we'll see if there's any batter drain after letting it sit a couple days.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:02 PM
Intermediate

Hi Guys,
My HFL can not understand my command when I say "Pair Phone". I have an iphone 7 and it was paired before but somehow got disconnected. When i press HFL and say pair phone, it does some other commands like turn radio on or ac .... Is there any way to fix this issue? I have an 08 Tl with updated ios iPhone 7.
Thanksss alottttt
Old 03-05-2021, 02:56 PM
9th Gear

do you have to do any reprogramming to make the new HFL work?