Check Engine Light. O2 sensor? AF? Air conditioning out

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check Engine Light. O2 sensor? AF? Air conditioning out

Noob here. No action or help on old posts I searched.
2005 Acura TL. Pulling P0134 P0135 and P2195. Gas mileage is TERRIBLE and throttle response is terrible. I understand I may have to replace the O2 sensors but do I need to replace more than 1 as I have all of these codes? I don't believe the muffler has a leak as its not making any crazy noises. HELP! Auto zone is telling me it's $200 for the Air/Fuel O2 sensor but I want to make sure I'm not pouring $ in the wrong direction first. Thank you!

Also... My a/c will blow cold for a while and then starts blowing out regular air from outside. It's like it's out of freon but when I check, it doesn't have any leaks and the lines are still compressed at 60psi. Would there be any correlation with the a/c not working and the O2 sensor being bum?
Old 08-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Cruisin'

Bump...
Old 08-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
P0134
Causes
A code P0134 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
Bad O2 (oxygen) sensor
Bad heater circuit in the O2 sensor
Wiring or connector to the sensor frayed / broken
Blown heater circuit fuse
Holes in the exhaust system
PCM failure Possible Solutions

The most common fix is to replace the oxygen sensor. But that doesn't rule out the possibility of:
Rusted exhaust pipe Inspect wiring & connector(s) for problems
Excessive amperage blowing heater fuse (still requires replacement of sensor but also replacement of blown fuse)
Replace PCM (only as last resort after all other possibilities are covered.

P0135
Causes
A code P0135 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
O2 Heater element resistance is high
Internal short or open in the heater element
O2 heater circuit wiring high resistance open or short to ground in the wiring harness

Possible Solutions
Repair short or open or high resistance in wiring harness or harness connectors
Replace oxygen sensor (cannot repair open or short that occurs internally to sensor)

P2195 - Stuck lean condition

Judging from those 3 codes that you have, I really don't think replacing the o2 sensor is going to fix it. I think the problem lies within the wiring. Somewhere in the circuit there's a problem with the wiring.
The following users liked this post:
paulmnly (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Cruisin'

Ww! Thanks Vietxquangstah. I've gone to two auto zones and a muffler shop and they all say to replace the sensor but never have an explanation for the P2195. I think this all started or all happened when I had the engine degreaser and cleaned. The CEL came on the next morning. What kind of shop would I even go to to start the process to check wiring and things of those nature? Lol
Old 08-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by paulmnly
Ww! Thanks Vietxquangstah. I've gone to two auto zones and a muffler shop and they all say to replace the sensor but never have an explanation for the P2195. I think this all started or all happened when I had the engine degreaser and cleaned. The CEL came on the next morning. What kind of shop would I even go to to start the process to check wiring and things of those nature? Lol
You should look around and find a local independent shop that can work on and diagnose electrical components. Majority of most big chain places like "just brakes" "NTB" "kwik-kar lube" "autozone" "oreily" only plug a little tool into your OBD connector and reads you the code and starts telling you to replace parts without even troubleshooting and trying to diagnose the problem.

Pay a professional that has the real equipment to test electrical circuits to see where the fault lies. If you find a shop that uses scan tools, chances are there is someone that works there that knows how to do some electrical work.
paulmnly (08-22-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by paulmnly
... I think this all started or all happened when I had the engine degreaser and cleaned. The CEL came on the next morning. ...
Was this something that you did? or something that someone did for you? Most modern vehicle OM (owner manual) specifically state not to use high pressure water sprays under the hood. And such products as CD Engine Detailer and engine degreasers, also state not to spray into or onto any electrical connectors, or the alternator interior, etc.

In other words, perhaps some water or degreaser has gotten into an electrical connector, which is causing your problem. I cannot really suggest what to do about that.

Also, there may only be a physical damage to some wires, so if possible, you can look under your car near the wiring and connectors for the O2 sensors. Is a wire burned, covering damaged, connector loose or damaged, etc.

Electrical problems can be very difficult, and expensive, to debug and analyze. If you can find the problem yourself, if only an indication of a physically damaged wire, you will save a large amount of money (and time).
paulmnly (08-22-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Cruisin'

So i had a diagnostic run on my car and both the IAT and O2 sensor are bad. I need to replace them but I can't seem to find a DIY on either or any pictures/diagrams... Any ideas?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Safety Car

Your car has a total of 4 o2 sensors. There's bank 1 up stream (sensor 1), bank 1 down stream (sensor 2) and same for bank 2.

Did they specify which o2 sensors were "bad" and needed replacing?

Usually when I look for a DIY guide or more information about a specific topic I go to google.com and type in "Acurazine (enter topic here)" so in your case I would try typing in "Acurazine TL o2 sensor removal"

Here's a DIY I found for bank 1 sensor 1

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/e-130-diy-oxygen-o2-sensor-installation-rear-upstream-f-aka-p2251-811823/
paulmnly (08-27-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks V! Yeah, it's the B1S1 sensor and the IAT sensor. I found the DIY on the O2 sensor but now I'm looking for the IAT DIY post...
Old 08-27-2013, 09:38 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
^its simple!
I showed you where and what it looks like

unplug the clip, and then take a wrench and go at it.
lefty loosey, righty tighty!