Blurry windows

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Blurry windows

Hi all, I've just bought a used TL 05 CPO. The previous owner(s) has done a lot of modifications to the car. And they tinted all the windows in the car. The problem is that the rear window tint is extremely blurry. I mean I can't make out the shape of the cars that are behind me. I can only see like shadowy figures of the cars. Can this be reversed? Or can I remove the tint film on my own? I don't know how much does it cost for this kind of service, and would really appreciate your helps. Thank you
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally Posted by thorws
Hi all, I've just bought a used TL 05 CPO. The previous owner(s) has done a lot of modifications to the car. And they tinted all the windows in the car. The problem is that the rear window tint is extremely blurry. I mean I can't make out the shape of the cars that are behind me. I can only see like shadowy figures of the cars. Can this be reversed? Or can I remove the tint film on my own? I don't know how much does it cost for this kind of service, and would really appreciate your helps. Thank you
removing rear windshield tint is not something I would recommend if you are new to it. The main reason is because you could damage the defroster lines. You can pay a shop to remove it for probably 50-70 bucks. Other windows aren't as expensive to strip but due to the complication of the rear defroster, most tint shops charge a bit more to remove the rear windshield tint.
The following users liked this post:
thorws (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Advanced

I read somewhere that tinting does take time to completely cure. And while it's at it, it may look blurry. Does it take long to cure? Or in this severe case of mine, removing it is the only option?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:02 AM
The Track Terror

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts
Holy crap! What the hell does this have to do with PERFORMANCE PARTS AND MODS?!!! Damn newbs these days!

IBTmove...

And just to reiterate, from RON A himself, read that bold word "tint" down there:

https://acurazine.com/forums/announc...php?f=112&a=20

The "Parts & Modifications" in "Performance Parts & Modifications"
The intention of this forum is to discuss performance oriented issues and topics, and the parts and modifications which affect said performance. This means only performance parts and performance enhancing modifications should be posted in this forum.

It was never intended to be a receptacle for all parts and all modifications.

If you want to know the part number for a door handle, or you need to find some information on a part, or you want to discuss the various parts of the a-spec body kits, or you want to ask a question about tint, or you are interested in carbon fiber engine shrouds, or any of the many other threads that have been started here when they shouldn't have been, please post your thread in one of the other appropriate subforums or the main forum.

If your modification is not performance oriented, which includes but is not limited to tint, cleared headlights, rockblocker on lights, new shift knob, etc., none of which affect the performance of the vehicle, also please post in one of the other appropriate subforums or the main forum.

Last edited by the fenda rolla; 01-03-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
get a cloth steamer and take it off. Or use windex and park your car outside on a really hot day. 100+ day. Or use windex + heat gun. Make sure the windex doesn't evaporate.
thorws (01-04-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 PM
My first ricer

Received 256 Likes on 211 Posts
Be careful with the defroster lines, use either steam or heat to remove it. You can use copper wool to clean the old adhesive off. IMHO if they used tint that cheap or installed improperly take it off of every window and have it redone professionally. I had my wife's car tinted a few weeks ago and it was a little blurry but fine now that it is cured, it shouldn't take very long.
thorws (01-04-2013)
Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by the fenda rolla
Holy crap! What the hell does this have to do with PERFORMANCE PARTS AND MODS?!!! Damn newbs these days!

IBTmove...

And just to reiterate, from RON A himself, read that bold word "tint" down there:

The intention of this forum is to discuss performance oriented issues and topics, and the parts and modifications which affect said performance. This means only performance parts and performance enhancing modifications should be posted in this forum.

If you want to know the part number for a door handle, or you need to find some information on a part, or you want to discuss the various parts of the a-spec body kits, or you want to ask a question about tint, or you are interested in carbon fiber engine shrouds, or any of the many other threads that have been started here when they shouldn't have been, please post your thread in one of the other appropriate subforums or the main forum.

If your modification is not performance oriented, which includes but is not limited to tint, cleared headlights, rockblocker on lights, new shift knob, etc., none of which affect the performance of the vehicle, also please post in one of the other appropriate subforums or the main forum.
sorry, it was my mistake for not reading the forum description carefully. I thought the modification text included every modification that can be done to the car. To all: thank you for your reply. I guess it is best for me to bring the car to the dealer and see if anything can be done. The car was sold as is, but I bought it less than a week ago. Hope that they can be nice and fix it. Otherwise, I'll take it to the a tint shop to have it done. I'm afraid that with me personally doing it, I could further damage my window ;(
Old 01-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by thorws
sorry, it was my mistake for not reading the forum description carefully. I thought the modification text included every modification that can be done to the car. To all: thank you for your reply. I guess it is best for me to bring the car to the dealer and see if anything can be done. The car was sold as is, but I bought it less than a week ago. Hope that they can be nice and fix it. Otherwise, I'll take it to the a tint shop to have it done. I'm afraid that with me personally doing it, I could further damage my window ;(
um.. please dont bring it to the dealer.. just bring it to a reputable tint shop. I have an 05, and had it tinted a few weeks after I got it, and it turned out blurry because it was a poor tint job as the adhesive never settled. 7 years later I finally decide to re tint and its perfect. My lesson learned, keep the lifetime tint warranty form so you dont have to pay to get it tinted again ... anyway, no dealer, go re tint, boom done.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:32 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
tint will cure in 30 days. most of it is well cured in the 2-3 days after once the adhesive sets. if it looks like crap now...it's going to stay that way. take it to a reputable shop, have them remove it (hope and pray they dont' damage the defroster elements in the process) and have it re done.

the dealer can't do anything about your tint. they sublet that work out to tint places or their "tint guy". a lot of times some of the dealer shops they sublet work to are only okay (i've seen the work of the tint shop that has done some of their cars....it's okay, a few bubbles here and there, but still not to the standard of what i want-99.9% perfect or darn close).
Old 01-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by the fenda rolla

IBTmove...

Christ .. cut the kid a little slack .. he is new here ... no need to shit all over him .. a little tact and pointing in the right direction is a lot better than just unloading on him...