ABS VSA and ! light on so many problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010 | 03:47 PM
10th Gear

ABS VSA and ! light on so many problems

Ok i have a 2004 TL with 132,000 miles on it and it has so many problems now. all three lights came on the same time with just me driving down the road and they havent shut off since. my car doesnt jerk or anything like that and it really hasnt caused any problems except for the lack of power. It isnt giving me a CEL and my transmission has been fine but everything i do just doesnt seem to fix it. ran all the codes it says the front right wheel sensor is bad. i had the wheel sensor replaced and it still says the sensor is bad. not sure if its the wires going to and from the sensor or what?
i have replaced the right wheel bearing because it was bad. i've heard it can be my transmission which doesnt seem the case. i read it could be the app sensor but i hate to just start replacing things for the hell of it.
i also read it could be the brake light switch seem kinda weird if it was that.
this car has been never ending problems since i got it and i cant wait to get rid of it but without this fixed it might be a little hard.
also if anyone knows how to my rear driver door will not open or unlock. the lock it stuck and wont move and it wont open from the outside.

i have probably ten more things wrong with this car but those i'll save them for another time.

if anyone could give me advice on where to go or what to do. i took it to the dealer but they said the same thing about the wheel sensor but quoted me way too much to replace it since i already had it replaced and it didnt fix it.

has anyone replaced there app sensor when they dont need to? and has it helped with overall performance? brake light switch? modulator? any help would be appreciated sorry for the ramble fellas
Old 03-02-2010 | 04:02 PM
10th Gear

also in the past year i have replaced the timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, power stearing recall, front motor mount, wheel bearing, wheel sensor, radiator cap, new alternator, new battery, new tires, new brakes (rear need replacing now!) front bumper, side skirt.

the other problems are my rear driver door is locked and wont open, idles rough and has been starting to shift a little funny seems like it takes a little longer to switch gears,

oh ya its an automatic.
Old 03-02-2010 | 04:02 PM
10th Gear

Is the problem in the wheel that you replaced the bearing in and did it start after the bearing was replaced? Are you sure the sensor was replaced? Things to consider, the sensor for ABS, VSA can be found running down the knuckle. Pull your tire and find the sensor where it enters the knuckle at the hub. I this has been replaced recently, it will be east to remove, i believe with a 10mm socket. Pull it and make sure that it is new and doesn't look damaged. Also, the wheel bearing has one side that is magnetized which needs to be installed towards the inside of the hub, as that is where the sensor is. If the bearing was pressed in wrong then no sensor in the world will work. Finally, follow the wire back up into the engine compartment and make sure it is connected to the wiring harness. This would atleast rule out bolt on parts.
Old 03-02-2010 | 05:10 PM
10th Gear

thanks for the reply ya my friend of mine is the one who always works on my cars and he has checked and rechecked and rechecked the wheel sensor. i bet i have had five mechanics look at it and none of them can figure out what is wrong. mostly based on the fact that it keeps coming up as front right wheel sensor. and the wheel bearing that was replaced is also the front right.
Old 03-02-2010 | 05:27 PM
10th Gear

Was this a problem before the wheel bearing was replaced or did it start after?
Old 03-02-2010 | 06:43 PM
10th Gear

the three lights came on in july and the wheel bearing was replaced in august. i should have just replaced everything then but funds were tight and only allowed me to replace the wheel bearing, not knowing how freaking cheap the sensors are.