'05 Acura TL airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 11:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 Acura TL airbag light

Occasionally my airbag indicator light stays on. Anyone ever experience that problem?
Old 06-01-2015, 12:04 AM
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
If you have nav, you can look in your messages and it should tell you the diagnostic code. I think it was under messages. It's somewhere in the nav.

I had an intermittent airbag light showing the code 42-1, which indicates a problem with the front right impact sensor. It was only a $37 part to replace.

The seat belts tend to give an intermittent problem too. Some people have gotten the dealer to fix the seat belt problem for free since the seat belts have a lifetime warranty. Other people haven't been so lucky.

Here's a link to how I recently fixed my airbag light. It hasn't come back on since.

https://acurazine.com/forums/problem...cement-931465/
Old 06-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,106 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by toba717
Occasionally my airbag indicator light stays on. Anyone ever experience that problem?
My Odyssey has that issue-- when you turn on the ignition and then the belt, the [SRS] light blinks and stays on about half the time.
However, the SRS lights up, then goes off and stays off if the driver's belt is put on before the ignition is turned on. I think it's a buckle problem.

Compressed air has helped others whose buckles had debris causing the SRS light.

Try that with your car to see if it might be the buckle.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I have the same issue. Airbag light was on when I bought the car, it went away a couple times but right now it's on. I don't really know how to proceed since the dealer wants 100$ just for getting the damn code and then I can't find any information about possibly having the issue covered since I'm in Canada and information seems hard to find :S
Old 06-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
Originally Posted by EddieOnAZ
I have the same issue. Airbag light was on when I bought the car, it went away a couple times but right now it's on. I don't really know how to proceed since the dealer wants 100$ just for getting the damn code and then I can't find any information about possibly having the issue covered since I'm in Canada and information seems hard to find :S
Get the DTC read by anyone with a HDS. Small Honda places should have it and they won't charge you $100 for a code... Most charge $20 or under.

Once you have the code it's time to troubleshoot.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:23 PM
Racer

Damn nice. I'll check if the Honda mechanic I go to can do it for me. I thought only the dealer could read SRS codes.

Thanks!!
Old 06-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Registered Bunny

Damn nice. I'll check if the Honda mechanic I go to can do it for me. I thought only the dealer could read SRS codes.

Thanks!!
Nope, it uses the HDS like any other DTC code.

You can also use a $5 tool to reset the SRS DTC if you can fix the issue yourself but don't want to pay for someone to reset it for you (07PAZ-0010100, or paperclip haha). Although if you find someone to read it for you cheap and you can fix the issue yourself, they'll probably won't mind resetting it for you for a small price.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Racer

Wait so if it's like any other code why can't an obd2 reader get it?
Old 06-01-2015, 03:00 PM
Registered Bunny

Wait so if it's like any other code why can't an obd2 reader get it?
It's a DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code), not a CEL/MIL that you can use OBD2 to troubleshoot. You need a HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) to get them.

I said "like any other code" because it's a DTC like all other DTC. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Racer

Thanks for the info man. I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to those things do your help is really appreciated.

If I remember correctly you're from MTL right? Do you have a trusted Honda guy nearby? I go to a place in Repentigny, the guy is great and is recommended by lots of people but he's far :S
Old 06-02-2015, 08:13 AM
Registered Bunny

Thanks for the info man. I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to those things do your help is really appreciated.

If I remember correctly you're from MTL right? Do you have a trusted Honda guy nearby? I go to a place in Repentigny, the guy is great and is recommended by lots of people but he's far :S
I do my own work and don't really have connections to help you. I know a technical advisor at Lallier Honda who's been working there for 25+ years but that's about it.

Where are you in Montreal? I can always ask around.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by polobunny
I do my own work and don't really have connections to help you. I know a technical advisor at Lallier Honda who's been working there for 25+ years but that's about it.

Where are you in Montreal? I can always ask around.
I actually have family at Lallier. I go there as much as I can but since I live in west Montreal it's real far. Luciani acura is right by my place but I don't trust anyone there except the parts guy.

The Honda guy I was talking about used to work at Lallier but started his own place a couple years back. He's a little expensive for an independent though but I think I'm gonna have to pay him a visit...

Where are you in MTL? East? West?

Last edited by EddieOnAZ; 06-02-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:18 AM
Registered Bunny

I actually have family at Lallier. I go there as much as I can but since I live in west Montreal it's real far. Luciani acura is right by my place but I don't trust anyone there except the parts guy.

The Honda guy I was talking about used to work at Lallier but started his own place a couple years back. He's a little expensive for an independent though but I think I'm gonna have to pay him a visit...

Where are you in MTL? East? West?
I thought you'd be more west than that the way you talked. Repentigny is 30 minutes by the 40, unless you actually drive 70km/h...

I'm outside Montreal anyway. On the north shore, Boisbriand more precisely. It's just easier to say Montreal since I end up there a few days a week anyway.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:57 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by polobunny
I thought you'd be more west than that the way you talked. Repentigny is 30 minutes by the 40, unless you actually drive 70km/h...

I'm outside Montreal anyway. On the north shore, Boisbriand more precisely. It's just easier to say Montreal since I end up there a few days a week anyway.
Yeah well i used to live in ahuntsic so for me westmount/ndg is west :P

You work in MTL? Do you work in something car related in order to be able to do all of your work yourself?
Old 06-02-2015, 12:37 PM
Registered Bunny

Yeah well i used to live in ahuntsic so for me westmount/ndg is west :P

You work in MTL? Do you work in something car related in order to be able to do all of your work yourself?
No, I work on the north shore still. I just go out a lot.

And no, I've learned from my experiences. Lots of DIY, lots of friends who know and knew more than me, an uncle who helps me with the big jobs and a big dose of patience. I buy the tools I need as I go.

In the end cars are like lego bricks. Rusty, expensive, dangerous lego bricks.