Warmer Out! Time For A New Grill!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:16 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
btw darksom, sorry you know I am going to copy that grille. At least you were the first!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:26 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
btw2 you did a lot of paintwork huh? Is it all painted jet black or OEM NBP? If it is all NBP you must have payed an arm for it! How much did you pay for the work? btw3; Type-S sidemarkers will complete it!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Back after 1 Year!

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts
That looks just like my photoshop!

I'm glad you liked my design

Well I guess all thats left is for me to buy my TL-S and do this mod ASAP.

I'm glad you made our dream come true
Old 04-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grill enthusiasts...could i get your guys opinion?

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/guy-gets-caught-taping-his-girl-vid-%2Anws%2A-157457/
Old 04-18-2007, 04:21 PM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rockyfeller
WOW OK I knew this would look good! I know someone is going to say/think it looks like a generic 90s Accord or TSX ...!
I sure was but it looks real clean an nice. I think I prefer to not have an emblem at all. I definitely like though. Can tell it tooks some time and definitely doesn't look cheap

What was the final cost?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:51 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
56 K Beware!!

Home again, home again, jiggity, jig!

LOL @ Rockyfeller - It's aight if you hold it down in Chi-town! PPLAPW let me handle the East Coast! Sorry about the tools man! Damn!

PPLAPW - I'm representing on the Eastside playa! You the "OG" though! Yeah, that paint brings it out something fierce man! Do that! Post too!

Sandiegodrive - It was all of our dream! Yeah! Looks even better in person! You ain't gonna wanna chop up that TL-S by the time you get it tho! LOL!

Brettallica - Mean machine playa! Yo, we like Ebony and Ivory now man!

Midnight - be sure to come back and post whatever you conjure up! this is the grill field!

Buda - Same to you when Alex get's finished with you!

Thanks a lot for the compliments guys!

Here are a few more pics I took when up at my partner's job today...

Wow! This car is drawing a lot of attention (as I ride around). But I know, I know...they were looking at me!

Now...is that enough detailed shots for ya?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:57 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

The final cost was $525. But he said that he would have charged $700 easy if he had known it would take so long! So he said I got the hook-up! Boy...did I?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:11 PM
I like to whistle in my

DAMN!!!!! $525!!.lol. Yeh, that is one mod that will be very unique for a while. I don't think too many will be willing to fork out that kinda cash. Good choice in what mod to do to definitely stand out from the rest.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Look hawt!

You planning on keeping those wheels?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:07 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Meek32v6
DAMN!!!!! $525!!.lol. Yeh, that is one mod that will be very unique for a while. I don't think too many will be willing to fork out that kinda cash. Good choice in what mod to do to definitely stand out from the rest.
Hahaha! Yeah, you have to not only want to do that Meek, but you also have to be willing to cut your baby up! THAT is the part that makes people pause the most I think! It ain't for the faint of heart fa sho! But you know how we do in MD!!

PPLAPW: You planning on keeping those wheels?
Yeah, but only for them to eventually become the winter ones. There are a few more things I want to do, and they grant me the extra time I need to do them (look good enough for right now I mean):
Tein SS (800-1000)
Tint (300+)
Clearbra (450 - Rockville Pike place)
Rims (approx. 2500)
UR Pulley (maybe)

I don't have a timetable on that stuff, but I am trying to cool it for a little while and build the bank back up after a rash of mods. LOL! You know AZ will getcha!! The gf gives me the blues all the time...you love your car more than me type blues...

They just don't understand, do they?

In closing...a modded song piece (50 Cent) to fit the modded theme...

Hate it or love it, the underdog's on top
and I'm gon' shine AZ until my heart stops
Go 'head and envy me, cuz I ride N-B-P
and I ain't going nowhere, so you can get ta know me!

NBP strikes again!!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
That price you paid ($525) is not bad at all. When it's all said and done, my grill/front end mod will cost more than that, mostly because of the costs for the labor for painting...and because I bought extra new OEM parts so it was all reversible at any time. You got a pretty sweet deal if you axe me. Also, a lot of people like yours! I think it's like 25% like to 75% dislike for mine! hahaha! People are more into the sporty look, I think, which yours definitely captures.

If you're ever in California or I'm ever in Maryland (or we're ever both somewhere between), we'll have to do the ebony and ivory photoshoot. Smooth criminal (me) vs. mean gangsta (you).
Old 04-18-2007, 09:20 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by brettallica
That price you paid ($525) is not bad at all. When it's all said and done, my grill/front end mod will cost more than that, mostly because of the costs for the labor for painting...and because I bought extra new OEM parts so it was all reversible at any time. You got a pretty sweet deal if you axe me. Also, a lot of people like yours! I think it's like 25% like to 75% dislike for mine! hahaha! People are more into the sporty look, I think, which yours definitely captures.

If you're ever in California or I'm ever in Maryland (or we're ever both somewhere between), we'll have to do the ebony and ivory photoshoot. Smooth criminal (me) vs. mean gangsta (you).
Yeah, the next time I come to Cali, she comin' with me so you will get that shoot!

And you had it right the first time, when you called it for me - fuck what people say if they ain't feelin' it! Do you! It's just about a different flavor that's all. Some like the candy red, white, blue look, or whatever. I just think the car flows better with the "noir"! Ya heard? So since I'm paying this damn note every month, I get to call it! LOL!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
darksom1, those pics are looking awesome! I love the grill.

An update, Alex has a couple pieces done and took some pics and then the battery in his camera went dead. I should be getting some pics from him tomorrow. If all looks good I'll be taking of the trim from above the license plate and send that in.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Back after 1 Year!

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts
darksom your right it was ALL of our dreams. The only reason I did the photoshop with the floating "A" symbol was becuase of you guys wanting it.

I take back what I said, YOU ALL helped make a great new look.

Oh and darksom, I won't mind cutting up the TL-S' bumper for an awsome look like that!
I looks so freakn' great!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:30 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Buda
darksom1, those pics are looking awesome! I love the grill.

An update, Alex has a couple pieces done and took some pics and then the battery in his camera went dead. I should be getting some pics from him tomorrow. If all looks good I'll be taking of the trim from above the license plate and send that in.
Wait a minute...didn't you just make a similar post a couple days ago? Is this deja vu? Let me scan real quick...this is weird. I know I ain't clairvoyant and shit! LOL! Anyway, don't forget to share man! I wanna see what our previous vision would have looked like!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:45 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by sandiegodrive
darksom your right it was ALL of our dreams. The only reason I did the photoshop with the floating "A" symbol was becuase of you guys wanting it.

I take back what I said, YOU ALL helped make a great new look.

Oh and darksom, I won't mind cutting up the TL-S' bumper for an awsome look like that!
I looks so freakn' great!!!
Like that dude "Larry the Cableguy" says, "Get 'er done!" LOL!

But yeah, PPLAPW, pioneered it...we just tweaking it and adding our lil flavor to it! Personal stamp!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Starcraft II addict

Originally Posted by darksom1
Wait a minute...didn't you just make a similar post a couple days ago? Is this deja vu? Let me scan real quick...this is weird. I know I ain't clairvoyant and shit! LOL! Anyway, don't forget to share man! I wanna see what our previous vision would have looked like!
Yeah, I posted that there would be pics on Saturday but Alex emailed me saying that they needed to do another chrome coat and he wanted to wait for the weather to get better. I guess he makes sure that when they are doing chroming that the weather conditions are optimal. At least that indicates he is very careful about the process even though it takes longer.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:51 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Yeah, I posted that there would be pics on Saturday but Alex emailed me saying that they needed to do another chrome coat and he wanted to wait for the weather to get better. I guess he makes sure that when they are doing chroming that the weather conditions are optimal. At least that indicates he is very careful about the process even though it takes longer.
yeah...that last word...longer...man, I was impatient with the dude about my grill, I guess you gotta chill and just wait...had me pacing tho!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Suzuka Master

loving the grille bro
Old 04-19-2007, 12:18 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by JJaber06
loving the grille bro
You know we do it up big in MD dawg!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:55 AM
Suzuka Master

You know we do it up big in MD dawg!
Of course, we have the nicest TL's
Old 04-19-2007, 02:16 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

This a "redo" of one of my faves!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
... This a "redo" of one of my faves!
That looks like it belongs in a movie or something... I mean that in a good way.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:40 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

That looks like it belongs in a movie or something... I mean that in a good way.
And the movie would be titled: LOOK WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO ME!!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...46#post1715246
Old 04-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Starcraft II addict

OMG! darksom1, I feel so bad for you man. I can't believe that happened. You should report to the insurance company that you literally just had $x amount of work done on the bumper and that this needs to be included in the repair cost.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Starcraft II addict

Black Chrome pics

Alex sent me some pics! Maybe these pics will get your mind off the bumper.

This pic is of the grill cross bar and emblems. I told him that the emblems need to be a little darker and then all the other parts need to match that color. I told him I'm not looking for as much of a chrome shine as I am the stealth look with a hint of shinyness.

This pic is of the hood trim. The one on top is from the '06 and the one on the bottom is from the '07. I told him to match up to the emblems for the '06 but to leave the '07 alone as I think that is sufficient to give and idea to our '07 members as to what this process can do for them.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:56 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

OMG! darksom1, I feel so bad for you man. I can't believe that happened. You should report to the insurance company that you literally just had $x amount of work done on the bumper and that this needs to be included in the repair cost.
O'fa'sho!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:00 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Nice work! Very nice! If I was still doing this mod, I would go this route (the color of the above pieces). The others are too light like you said. Yeah, that will work I think! Is he going to charge you to redo the other pieces, or were these just a test run? I forget...

Oh, and the lady was reall upstanding about the accident, so I'm not tripping! Bad timing tho...
Old 04-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Starcraft II addict

Not sure if he is going to charge more or not. I know he said that he was doing another coat on the wing bar as he was not satisfied with the smoothness on it. Alex does seem like he takes pride in the quality of his product.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Starcraft II addict

I talked to alex and he will not be charging more for adding more color!!! He did say on the A emblems that he doesn't think he can go any darker as it will completely cover up the chrome. He said my A emblems are darker than the ones he did for trancemission. I told him to get everything matching the A emblems as close as possible. I'm sending in the license plate trim today.

So far the cost of chroming is $265 not including the license plate trim. Also remember that price includes several emblems that others may not need done.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Starcraft II addict

Alex just emailed and said that all the emblem and grill items should be done tomorrow!!! I can't wait.

I looked on his website and found this pic:

I told him that that is almost the exact look I'm going for and he said it should be close.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice Job. It Looks Very Good
Old 04-20-2007, 07:07 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I talked to alex and he will not be charging more for adding more color!!! He did say on the A emblems that he doesn't think he can go any darker as it will completely cover up the chrome. He said my A emblems are darker than the ones he did for trancemission. I told him to get everything matching the A emblems as close as possible. I'm sending in the license plate trim today.

So far the cost of chroming is $265 not including the license plate trim. Also remember that price includes several emblems that others may not need done.
That Infinity piece has a very nice color to it! I am very curious to see how this turns out ON the vehicle (contrast/blend). Is the amount you just said the price of him coloring the pieces, or the amount you paid to buy pieces AND get them colored? That didn't take a long time at all. Nice to know that if I had went that route instead I might still be a happy camper!
Old 04-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Starcraft II addict

That's just for the chroming. Keep in mind though that is for 9 peices getting chromed.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:55 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

That's just for the chroming. Keep in mind though that is for 9 peices getting chromed.
So the pieces that someone else may not have gotten done are just the rear stuff other than the "A" right? (A-spec, Acura, and TL)
Old 04-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
darksom, very nice "A". i've been thinking about this mod for awhile, jsut that i don't have the balls to do it!! haha. keep on modding =)
Old 04-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Originally Posted by AcuraTLboi
darksom, very nice "A". i've been thinking about this mod for awhile, jsut that i don't have the balls to do it!! haha. keep on modding =)
Hey, look at that: another Bay Area WDP! Rock on, dude! (sorry for the ; you guys can get back to talking about your mods now!)
Old 04-20-2007, 10:14 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by AcuraTLboi
Thanx! Just whip out the axe and chop that damn bar off playa!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:18 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Hey, look at that: another Bay Area WDP! Rock on, dude! (sorry for the ; you guys can get back to talking about your mods now!)
Hey Brett...Believe it or not man, my 92 Legend AND my 03 TL-S were both white (WDP)!! I just wised up and went to the "dark-side"!! It was my destinyyyy!!

...your's too...so give in and stop fighting it...you know you wanna!

Buda did...and so will you!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Hey Brett...Believe it or not man, my 92 Legend AND my 03 TL-S were both white (WDP)!! I just wised up and went to the "dark-side"!! It was my destinyyyy!!

...your's too...so give in and stop fighting it...you know you wanna!

Buda did...and so will you!
I do kind of want to! Actually, the deal with me getting white was twofold: One, I wanted something that obviously "wasn't sporty" but at the same time, still had some sporty performance. The WDP fits the bill nicely in that regard, at least to me. Two, I know that if I had a sporty car, I'd be spending endless amounts of money trying to make it faster, and with my historically lead foot, that is not what I need right now. I'm still young enough that I have enough testosterone pumping through me, so when I get behind the wheel of something that I know is fast, I might as well be on a race track because I lose control of my senses!

The car I test drove before I bought my TL was a 350Z in -- you guessed it -- BLACK! I was soooo close to pulling the trigger on that deal, but opted against it because I knew that I didn't need that car. Also, the wife and two kids kind of helped persuade me this way, but I almost overlooked that because she drives the kids everywhere anyway. Even my last car, 1998 Accord, we never took that anywhere with "the fam" because I was too anal with it; you could imagine how I am with the TL. So now, at least while the kids are young and before I go midlife crisis, I'm just gonna go with a "luxurious looking" sedan, instead of "sporting it out."

Do not get me wrong for a second, though: I love the sporty look of a lot of these souped-up TLs on Acurazine; it's just not for me right now!

Quick Reply: Warmer Out! Time For A New Grill!!