My "progress thread"

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 01:46 AM
illntakashi

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Red face My "progress thread"

What's good guys! I was looking through the forum and found some pretty cool progress threads and I figured I would start one myself.
I have an 2008 WDP Acura TL 5AT (Of course ) with Navigation.
So farrrr I haven't done much with it at all. Being a High school student and all lol.
Yeah I know I'm a little too young have the car but my dad decided to get me the car for my birthday 2 years ago and I'm very very verrrrryyy thankful.

I BABY this car. I love it soooooo much. The ride is great and the engine is powerful but still there is a lot to do hopefully

So far I have just upgraded the lights. Headlights and Fogs are Philip Xenon bulbs. Both 6000k. I'm thinking about making the fogs yellow with some vinyl wrap. What do you guys think? "Yellow fogs so you know it's JDM" lmao

The interior lights (dome and such) are all upgraded to 6000k LED bulbs too but other than that. I really haven't done much at all other than de-badging it.

Here's a few pictures

There is a dent. It is getting fixed this week. Some son of a gun had backed up into me and their exhaust hit it -____-

Here's after a buff and debadging. LOL yes guys I know Vtec is spelled wrong. the tag was already taken by some other Honda driver. Next tag shall say RougeTL. Give me a break

Future Mods (Coming soonest)
Actual Future mods include:

• ATLP base exhaust catback
  • Eibach Coilovers
  • Type S sidemarkers and taillights
  • Bake and paint headlights
  • Type S A-spec front spoiler
  • A-spec side spoiler
  • Puddlelights (https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...6&ref=esp-link)
  • Camber kit
  • Enkei rims
  • ATLP roof spoiler
  • Throttlebody spacer
Thanks for looking guys. I'll be back with more No hate those pleaaase lmaooo

Last edited by WhySoAsian; 07-16-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:55 AM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Ricey jk is that a dent on your rear qtr panel? Passenger side 2nd pic
Old 07-16-2012, 01:59 AM
illntakashi

Originally Posted by tl_from_hell
Ricey jk is that a dent on your rear qtr panel? Passenger side 2nd pic
Yep. Some guys had backed up into me. Currently getting fixed this week though!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:59 AM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
VTECH? Why so asian?
The following users liked this post:
CLtotheTL32 (07-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 02:02 AM
illntakashi

Originally Posted by gwhizkid
VTECH? Why so asian?
hater
I'll change it soon hahah
Old 07-16-2012, 03:53 AM
Ricer Killer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since you upgraded your lights, might as well throw on switchbacks (+resistors if you dont want the hyperflash). I love my switchbacks. ALso, I agree with having the fogs yellow.

Then get black or CF inserts for your front ACURA logo.

Instead of going with ATLP quads, you might like GReddy Evo II's, but those are quite loud....that way you dont need a type S rear bumper. also, maybe get the front lip spoiler to be type S; looks more aggressive.

if you are gonna paint your roof, then also black out your grill. id prob go with plastidip, which can also be used to black out your wheels if you want that look.

idk about window visors; seems kinda unnecessary. I'd get a type S trunk spoiler and the ebay rear windshield spoiler as well. plus tint your back windows and lightly smoke your tail lights for a darker shade.

if you are gonna bake your headlights, install halos.

ok, I dont know what else....maybe a license plate frame?

GOOD LUCK!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
welcome to the site, you can register your color here https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/tl-owners-please-chime-855960/ thnx.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I agree with the yellow fogs. They look great on the WDP TL.

You may want to do this to really protect your fogs from rocks and such:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/g-082-08-wdp-tl-s-yellow-fog-light-mod-diy-643146/
Old 07-16-2012, 11:34 AM
illntakashi

Originally Posted by Clean>Rice
Since you upgraded your lights, might as well throw on switchbacks (+resistors if you dont want the hyperflash). I love my switchbacks. ALso, I agree with having the fogs yellow.

Then get black or CF inserts for your front ACURA logo.

Instead of going with ATLP quads, you might like GReddy Evo II's, but those are quite loud....that way you dont need a type S rear bumper. also, maybe get the front lip spoiler to be type S; looks more aggressive.

if you are gonna paint your roof, then also black out your grill. id prob go with plastidip, which can also be used to black out your wheels if you want that look.

idk about window visors; seems kinda unnecessary. I'd get a type S trunk spoiler and the ebay rear windshield spoiler as well. plus tint your back windows and lightly smoke your tail lights for a darker shade.

if you are gonna bake your headlights, install halos.

ok, I dont know what else....maybe a license plate frame?

GOOD LUCK!
Thanks for your input! Yeah I'm planning to throw on some switchbacks here soon and then doing this mod (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/g-109-diy-eliminate-led-bulb-induced-hyper-flashing-without-load-resistors-815219/) so I don't have to add load resistors. I'll be getting the CF Acura inserts here soon. They actually look pretty cool.

As for the exhaust. I'm going with the ATLP Base ones to fit my bumper and the A-Spec rear spoiler and plus the cat back isn't too loud but can get pretty loud when you "pedal to the metal". And in the future, i'll get the Type S A-spec front spoiler. The base spoiler for us looks too plain. The Type S stands out a lot.

I'm not entirely sure about the Halos.........but it's personal preference. Also I'll tint the windows about 35% and get sun visors and the ATLP roof spoiler instead of the ebay one because the ebay one's don't look as nice. (http://www.heeltoeauto.com/atlp-rear...7-aae0001.html)
I also want to mod my tail lights to keep the 2007-2008 white part of the tail lights but everything else be from a type s with a little tint.

As for my "Coming soonest" part of the thread, that's what I'm doing currently. So wheels are getting professionally painted. My grill is partially painted white. I'll probably end up wrapping the plastic parts in CF, same for the rear end.

Thanks for your input! and a license plate frame is a must!

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
I agree with the yellow fogs. They look great on the WDP TL.

You may want to do this to really protect your fogs from rocks and such:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643146
Yeah I saw that. Lol I'm still finding the yellow plexi glass. It's pretty expensive so I've heard. The vinyl is only like 7 bucks.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by WhySoAsian
Yeah I saw that. Lol I'm still finding the yellow plexi glass. It's pretty expensive so I've heard. The vinyl is only like 7 bucks.
Still cheaper than replacing a fog light. The plexiglas I bought was enough to cover two sets of fogs. You may be able to find it locally at a hardware store.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Redwood Original

Received 188 Likes on 172 Posts
clean slate.... just dont ruin it (since you are young) lot of young ricers on here. TL's are getting way too affordable.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
nice meeting you. I have some spare laminx yellow film if you want it..but youll have to trade me trunks!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:04 PM
illntakashi

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
Still cheaper than replacing a fog light. The plexiglas I bought was enough to cover two sets of fogs. You may be able to find it locally at a hardware store.
Hmmmm. I'll look around for it next weekend, since that's when I'm getting the car back. I would prefer plexi glass way more though...but would light output be harshly toned down? Will color be different also since I have xenon bulbs?

Originally Posted by RU_JELLY
clean slate.... just dont ruin it (since you are young) lot of young ricers on here. TL's are getting way too affordable.
Thanks man. I don't plan to make it a ricer. Trust me. I want a nice clean stanced car. Lol is it bad the TL's are getting too affordable?

Originally Posted by tpham86
nice meeting you. I have some spare laminx yellow film if you want it..but youll have to trade me trunks!
lol I need some tint still but trading trunks won't work!!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts
Nice start, WhySoAsian!

If you're interested in the Domed Decals for the front bumper, you can order them from my website below. We have Carbon Fiber, Black Chrome, and Chromium Red.

These aren't just generic flat flaced vinyl stickers, these are Domed/3D and fill out the engraved ACURA indentation on the front bumper!

http://www.domeddecalz.com
Old 07-16-2012, 01:12 PM
-Brandon

Received 221 Likes on 172 Posts
Welcome to the forum (aka the money pit)! That's a pretty nice list of future mods! Good luck to you on that! White Diamond Pearl with a glossy black roof

Pretty cool that you're 16, too...
Old 07-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
Don't "paint" the roof black... Get glossy black vinyl installed and possibly gloss black vinyl the front grill too. I don't like plasti dip because it isn't true black and not glossy nor shiny just plain dull.

You must have no idea how much labor and time consuming prepping and painting your roof is compared to overlaying it with vinyl. Not to mention with paint you still have to let the paint dry and cure..... Vinyl >> Paint when it comes to a black roof.

Pretty interesting that you are considering Eibach coilovers.... For as long as I've been on Acurazine I don't think I can point out one person that has the eibach or h&r coilovers installed... Majority here are F&F, Meagan Racing, BC Racing, Tein, BlackWorks, or a mix of springs + struts.

Why do you want eibach coilovers? Just to be different? How much are they? $1,500?
Old 07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
illntakashi

Originally Posted by UA6~RBP
Welcome to the forum (aka the money pit)! That's a pretty nice list of future mods! Good luck to you on that! White Diamond Pearl with a glossy black roof

Pretty cool that you're 16, too...
Haha yeah I've been here since I got the car and it is a money pit because there is just tooo many possible things to do to the car. Thanks for being 16 too! Some people are reaaally surprised about the age. lmao I checked out your progress thread too. Hopefully we'll see the cars transform from stock...to BEASTS!!!

Originally Posted by vietxquangstah
Don't "paint" the roof black... Get glossy black vinyl installed and possibly gloss black vinyl the front grill too. I don't like plasti dip because it isn't true black and not glossy nor shiny just plain dull.

You must have no idea how much labor and time consuming prepping and painting your roof is compared to overlaying it with vinyl. Not to mention with paint you still have to let the paint dry and cure..... Vinyl >> Paint when it comes to a black roof.

Pretty interesting that you are considering Eibach coilovers.... For as long as I've been on Acurazine I don't think I can point out one person that has the eibach or h&r coilovers installed... Majority here are F&F, Meagan Racing, BC Racing, Tein, BlackWorks, or a mix of springs + struts.

Why do you want eibach coilovers? Just to be different? How much are they? $1,500?
Sorry man. The roof is already in the process of getting painted. The car right now is no where in my sights hah. I won't see it for 2 weeks. The car is getting worked on as I sent it in so the dent could be fixed. Might as well paint the roof a glossy black and the stockies a gunmetal color. and yeah plasti-dip...I'm not a very big fan of it either.

As for the coils. I was planning to get Tein SS when I had enough money but Tein SS had been discontinued, am I correct? Eibach and Tein are around the same price and offer the same drop. I'm not entirely sure which ride is more comfortable and which is better. What do you think? I still need help with the coils.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:44 PM
-Brandon

Received 221 Likes on 172 Posts
Thanks for being 16 too! Some people are reaaally surprised about the age. lmao I checked out your progress thread too. Hopefully we'll see the cars transform from stock...to BEASTS!!!
Haha that's the goal!

I'm bone stock, and there is tons on my wishlist, but I'm just being cautious with what I do and when I do it so I do things right the first time around. I have no problem with a stock car since the TL is so damn nice to begin with
Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM
illntakashi

Originally Posted by UA6~RBP
Haha that's the goal!

I'm bone stock, and there is tons on my wishlist, but I'm just being cautious with what I do and when I do it so I do things right the first time around. I have no problem with a stock car since the TL is so damn nice to begin with
Turns heads even though it's stock!! Only thing I dislike is how much wheel gap there is. But that's no problem! To sexy of car still.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks good
Old 07-16-2012, 02:01 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
well done OP !!!

where in KS are you located?
Old 07-16-2012, 02:34 PM
illntakashi

Originally Posted by swoosh
well done OP !!!

where in KS are you located?
Thanks man! Your TL Is pretty sick too!! I'm located in Wichita.
Any other Aziners located here!?
swoosh (07-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 03:09 PM

Thank you....

well there is quite a nice car scene there from what i understand....couple of us will be driving up there on July 22nd (Sunday) for a photoshoot for a car club....

get on this thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/midwest-312/kansas-city-meet-chat-thread-852501/

and the meet on the 22nd is hosted by Chris (Stizzle87) so PM him
Old 07-16-2012, 03:20 PM
illntakashi

Thank you....

well there is quite a nice car scene there from what i understand....couple of us will be driving up there on July 22nd (Sunday) for a photoshoot for a car club....

get on this thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852501

and the meet on the 22nd is hosted by Chris (Stizzle87) so PM him
Can't. Car is going to be in the shop for the next 2 weeks. Miss it already
Old 07-16-2012, 03:23 PM

what you getting done ?
Old 07-16-2012, 03:49 PM
illntakashi

what you getting done ?
Fixing the dent in the passenger side quarter panel.
Painting the roof a glossy black
Painting the stock rims a gunmetal color
and then fixing a few minor scratches and dings and stuff.

If there are other stuff going on after though...I'll be sure to try to make it!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:52 PM

damn thats a lot of things you are taking care off

but yeah be sure to come by
Old 07-16-2012, 03:55 PM
illntakashi

I will!!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 9,495 Likes on 6,167 Posts
Progress thread needs moar progress

Your car looks super clean
Old 07-16-2012, 04:03 PM
F-SPORT

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Hurry and buy my rims for that beast! Its about time you are active on here!!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Anxious to see it after it gets out of the shop.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:38 PM
illntakashi

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32

Your car looks super clean
It's getting there! lol and Thanks!

Originally Posted by LTxArucAx60
Hurry and buy my rims for that beast! Its about time you are active on here!!
I gotta save up some more! and the car needs to be moar low before I will get rims. Wheel gap looks silly haha

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Anxious to see it after it gets out of the shop.
Same here! Hopefully it turns out right!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
your the one to say
NBP-UA6 (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 01:17 PM
illntakashi

Fixing the dents and such

Sooooooo its been 3 days since I've even touched my car. Life is boring without it...
But I'm glad that there is progress in fixing it! Here's some pictures. Still needs to get painted.

The dent is no longer there it's looking clean alreadyyy lol

Bumper needed to be repainted because of the road rash. WDP needs to be blended out.

Hood needs minor repainting for a ding and WDP needs to blended out. As for the fender there was a tiiiiiinnnnnyy rust spot. Also needed to be blended out so it seems smoooth.

I'll have more pictures up soon of the roof, Rims, Footwell lightsand the A-Spec when it goes on... ahh can't wait.

Last edited by WhySoAsian; 07-18-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:21 PM

^^^ nice....who is doing all this work bro? and are you getting the full car repainted?

Hood/bumper/rear fender is what I saw in the pix....
Old 07-18-2012, 01:49 PM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
Just FYI, if you put yellow vinyl over your fogs and keep your 6k bulbs in there, the light output will be green, not yellow.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Nice car for your age for sure. WDP is the way to go . Best of luck modding in the future. From what it seems, you definitely have a good head and seem like you know what you're doing.

There might be some haters because you're 16, but ignore them. They b mad.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:16 PM
illntakashi

^^^ nice....who is doing all this work bro? and are you getting the full car repainted?

Hood/bumper/rear fender is what I saw in the pix....
A small local body shop is doing the body work. All seems to be going really great. They are just painting the areas that needed work (areas that you listed) and just the roof.

Originally Posted by ebelp
Just FYI, if you put yellow vinyl over your fogs and keep your 6k bulbs in there, the light output will be green, not yellow.
Lol I figured so. This is such a dilemma.

Originally Posted by Dpat
Nice car for your age for sure. WDP is the way to go . Best of luck modding in the future. From what it seems, you definitely have a good head and seem like you know what you're doing.

There might be some haters because you're 16, but ignore them. They b mad.
Lol thanks man. Hopefully everything turns out right in the future and turns into a clean ride.
The WDP TL's (much like yours) on here inspire me so much because of how great they look. I'm very thankful for this car and the upcoming opportunities for it.

The car is going to look delicious when I'm done with it.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:23 PM
illntakashi

Alright guys. Guess what just I received!?!

The LED floorwell lights all 5 of them. Super bright too!!
Now I just have to get my car back and install em'!!
13 bucks well spent!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Lol thanks man. Hopefully everything turns out right in the future and turns into a clean ride.
The WDP TL's (much like yours) on here inspire me so much because of how great they look. I'm very thankful for this car and the upcoming opportunities for it.

The car is going to look delicious when I'm done with it.
Thanks man. I remember when I first got my car, I was just as excited and thrilled to start modding it as you are. I can just tell, you're going to do some good things to this car. It might take some time but it's all good. It's good you're grateful for your TL lol, hopefully it stays that way. Try not to get bored with it.
WhySoAsian (07-18-2012)

Quick Reply: My "progress thread"