My fronts go harder than your rears... poke is the new flush~

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ILLustriousUA6
Hey folks, this coming from a guy rocking stockies, who's never experienced being lowered, scraping, rocking stock TA's? lol. You're straight.

Brian's def. doin it right. Keep it up man, more pics
Have you rocked painted stockies?
I think you have too. So you have no right to talk.
Why don't you go buy some rims for me if you don't like cars rocking stockies? If you aren't gonna then why don't you shut it? I don't see anything wrong with that if I don't have enough cash to get new rims yet.

Never been lowered? You should really get your facts straight before you talk. I'm dropped on TeinSS with EDFC. I don't SLAM it just for looks for no reason. I drop it to a reasonable amount, not too low for my car to handle retarded, and low enough to kill that body roll and faster response.

Brian, no hate for your car or not trying to mess up your thread, I love your car but this guy needs to think before he talks.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:38 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by bforbrian
hahahah.. yeah these wheels are too much bling and a TAD bit too aggressive. I won't say but the brand name starts with an A
i already know what they are...A...

AZA AR1s... 18 x 7.5 +50 .....that are for sale in the Black Market
Old 06-10-2009, 01:55 AM
Shyne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advan RS, what do I win?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:34 AM
Banned

These starts with A...i think they're called American Racing.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by turbo7387
There's no theory; stretched tires don't help performance and I'll be the first one to say that. I never tried to argue that is helps performance bc it doesn't for the most part, so idk where the fuck the ricer theory comment comes from. All I was saying is that in a street-driven car that isn't being driven at the limit, it doesn't make that big of a difference. I know my fwd VW is a pig and handles like shit so it doesn't bother me to run wide wheels or stretched tires since I use it to get from A to B and don't feel the need to be a boy racer trying to race people.

Is every mod on your car function>form? Are your coilovers corner balanced and is the car set at the level for optimal handling at that height? Does running big wheels like yours help performance? The unsprung weight and rolling resistance of bigger wheels is actually quite detrimental to all aspects of performance btw. My point is that not everything needs to be function>form, If that were the case, you should have some 255 or 265 tires and some lightweight 17s. How is running stretched tires any different from running oversized wheels or a suspension that isn't properly tuned for optimal handling? It's for looks much like the two mods I just mentioned are, so saying stretching tires is retarded and a stupid fad really doesn't make much sense, since the same could be applied to any other mod people do to their cars.

And it makes me feel really good that you're tearing up the road on your drive home like it's a racetrack. Take it to a road course if you want to do that, public roads aren't a car playground
Actually my Tein's are corner balanced and it is very close to the optimal height(could be a little higher but i'm not tracking it). I've driven slammed and its horrible, the car feels like its going to glide off the road on the highway. I have my car setup to my driving style, i'm not in it for anything else. I rarely go around street racing/looking for races, so I don't know where that came from. Driving spirited doesn't = being retarded. I'm not weaving in and out of traffic at 100MPH, but if I have the highway to myself at 2AM, i'll have some fun.

I agree that not everything needs to be function over form, which is why I have the wheels I do. However, i'm not going to take it one step further and make it handle even worse by poking and stretching Plus I always thought wider tires look better, especially from the rear. Theres really no point in arguing, you do what you do, and i'll do what I do
Old 06-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JJaber06
Actually my Tein's are corner balanced and it is very close to the optimal height(could be a little higher but i'm not tracking it). I've driven slammed and its horrible, the car feels like its going to glide off the road on the highway. I have my car setup to my driving style, i'm not in it for anything else. I rarely go around street racing/looking for races, so I don't know where that came from. Driving spirited doesn't = being retarded. I'm not weaving in and out of traffic at 100MPH, but if I have the highway to myself at 2AM, i'll have some fun.

I agree that not everything needs to be function over form, which is why I have the wheels I do. However, i'm not going to take it one step further and make it handle even worse by poking and stretching Plus I always thought wider tires look better, especially from the rear. Theres really no point in arguing, you do what you do, and i'll do what I do
Well in that case I retract my previous statement and more props to you for setting it all up properly

And yeah, I wasn't trying to call you out or anything, just wanted to bring a different perspective. Wider tires in the rear definitely look better and a smaller tire stretched on a wide wheel still looks pretty wide from the back haha. But I'll leave it at that, different strokes for different folks for sure
Old 06-10-2009, 12:17 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

What? When was this
Old 06-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
What? When was this
About a month ago after I took off the spacers, handles like it should now. Just need new tires...
Old 06-10-2009, 05:21 PM
sjo
Racer

Alpine white 335i/red interior sport package
Nom nom nom nom nom
Old 06-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by elkayem
Have you rocked painted stockies?
I think you have too. So you have no right to talk.
Why don't you go buy some rims for me if you don't like cars rocking stockies? If you aren't gonna then why don't you shut it? I don't see anything wrong with that if I don't have enough cash to get new rims yet.

Never been lowered? You should really get your facts straight before you talk. I'm dropped on TeinSS with EDFC. I don't SLAM it just for looks for no reason. I drop it to a reasonable amount, not too low for my car to handle retarded, and low enough to kill that body roll and faster response.

Brian, no hate for your car or not trying to mess up your thread, I love your car but this guy needs to think before he talks.

LMFAO!!!

anyways..

more pics brian
Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Clemson Tiger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
American Racing FTL. Brian wouldn't put those on his car, he has some taste. haha

ASA or Advans for sure
Old 06-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Not a fan of audi-wanna be mods (LEDs) or stretched tire look, but i gotta give you props for being different.

However, please, leave the staggered wheels to the RWD cars.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Laxplaya11385
Not a fan of audi-wanna be mods (LEDs) or stretched tire look, but i gotta give you props for being different.

However, please, leave the staggered wheels to the RWD cars.
This starting to become very funny to me...all these people hatin' on the staggered set-up. As much as they knock us on the forum...all I get is compliments on the look! Most of those compliments and thumbs up...come from Bimmer, Lexus and Mercedes guys!! Imagine that..I get more love from the RWD guys! Keep up the good work B!!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:22 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by TLheaven
Advan RS, what do I win?

and bingo was his name-O!!!!!!!!!

I know I know. just have to go to other websites and find answers
Old 06-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by madtraction39
This starting to become very funny to me...all these people hatin' on the staggered set-up. As much as they knock us on the forum...all I get is compliments on the look! Most of those compliments and thumbs up...come from Bimmer, Lexus and Mercedes guys!! Imagine that..I get more love from the RWD guys! Keep up the good work B!!
sure, they might be giving you a thumbs up in person, but go visit some of their forums, and read about how badly they bash us FWD drivers, especially those w/ staggered setups.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
regardless of what everyone saying this looks amazingly clean is beautiful and the photography AMAZING.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Pro

sure, they might be giving you a thumbs up in person, but go visit some of their forums, and read about how badly they bash us FWD drivers, especially those w/ staggered setups.
They can bash all they want! It's a car..a body with four wheels under it. If people didn't know any better..they wouldn't care or know the difference. They hate because it doesn't serve a purpose other than looks. Well duh!! That the whole point. I seriously doubt the people I've been in contact with are hatin' on the forums. I've had all kinds of cars. I'm supposed to be impressed because they can do doughnuts and I can't.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:04 AM
Advanced

Do what you want, don't mod your car to please others, do it to please yourself. Who cares what other people say as long as you like it? It's not high school, does it really matter?

Originally Posted by madtraction39
They can bash all they want! It's a car..a body with four wheels under it. If people didn't know any better..they wouldn't care or know the difference. They hate because it doesn't serve a purpose other than looks. Well duh!! That the whole point. I seriously doubt the people I've been in contact with are hatin' on the forums. I've had all kinds of cars. I'm supposed to be impressed because they can do doughnuts and I can't.
Yup, point well made. That being said, RWD is much nicer to drive and from a performance standpoint miles ahead of FWD, but that's neither here nor there haha