My fronts go harder than your rears... poke is the new flush~

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:39 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I think it needs the rear fenders to be pulled, bondoe'd and repainted... then lowered... the rear is overpoking if thats a word

side shots look amazine... but I still like the le37s more hahahahah
Old 05-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 65 Posts
i really think pulling the fender should be avoided. Just clock in some more camber
Old 05-30-2009, 11:26 PM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ why? whats wrong with pulled fenders?
Old 05-31-2009, 12:11 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow what a sexy tl! Love the new set up!
Old 05-31-2009, 01:38 AM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by WalkerUA6
^ why? whats wrong with pulled fenders?
it jus doesnt look right.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:45 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i like your style but this is too much... the wheels are very nice but the rear fitment is too aggressive. i'd go back to the volks IMO. nice photography as always!
Old 05-31-2009, 01:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looking good
Old 05-31-2009, 02:17 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by ILLustriousUA6
it jus doesnt look right.
I think pulled/flared fenders look sick. It shows that you put more work into agressive fitment rather then just stretching the tires and running mad camber. almost every single car in the "hella flush" thread had pulled/flared fenders. So I must be doing something right.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:18 AM
Shyne

I don't think pulling is necessary in the rear. As for fronts, they naturally get pulled when you roll them.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
true, our front fenders are so sensitive.. slight rolls and you hav a minor pull
Old 05-31-2009, 02:40 AM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i like it... stop the jealousy people haha
Old 05-31-2009, 04:39 AM
blah

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by TLheaven
I don't think pulling is necessary in the rear. As for fronts, they naturally get pulled when you roll them.
That's good to know. I was going to roll my fronts to help with the cutting tire problem but I'll avoid the fronts now.

Brian, your car is straight up on fire. Hella aggressive
Old 05-31-2009, 04:59 AM
Banned

Pulled/flare fenders doesn't look right?

I'd like you to stare and this picture and tell me it doesn't look right.

You have to be gay to be able to do that. lol

Last edited by elkayem; 05-31-2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
i like poking.. haha
Old 05-31-2009, 10:43 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

I like the poke too! Unbelievable NBP....
Old 05-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by eurodre
ok dude seriously, the t1s' look soo nice aka acurajj, yet somehow you managed to kill them

i would suggest out of all honesty, please spend more time looking at car that are low and have fit aggressive wheels in. You sir have achieved mexiflush

but seeing how you obviously are SO completely wrong let me help you

its called NEGATIVE camber and going lower otherwise your car will look like a 4x4 and like the mexican down the street no matter what car you have and what wheels you have

please fix that or sell the wheels before people who know what they are talking about start laughing at you
You're a fucking idiot. If you maybe actually knew anything about aggressive wheel fitment and how it's actually done right, the wheels would make more sense to you. Mexi-poke or whatever would be tiny wheels with bubble tires that have about 4 inches of poke, which is far from the case with Brian's car.

Your username is eurodre. Check out how european cars do aggressive fitment and come back after you actually learn a thing or two. Oh, and pics of your car just to see what kind of hot stuff you have... Tool

There's too many people on this board who don't think outside the box. Someone pushes the envelope and does it damn right and haters think they know what's up when they usually drive stock or near stock cars. Expand your minds and look at other modding scenes and see how it's done elsewhere
Old 05-31-2009, 12:33 PM
..PRAXIS..

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Lotta haters on this thread... Wheels are outta control. with a little work on the fitment it will be insane.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:45 PM
Illist

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
haha seriously!! turn down the furnice, give the guy a break!! all he needs to do is lower it more, give it more camber, maybe give it a tiny pull
Old 05-31-2009, 12:56 PM
e92 335i

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by vipTL
haha seriously!! turn down the furnice, give the guy a break!! all he needs to do is lower it more, give it more camber, maybe give it a tiny pull
hes getting a lot of hate, so he must be doing it right
Old 05-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by ladiesman217
hes getting a lot of hate, so he must be doing it right
+1

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Old 05-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Cruisin'

Thats badass wish my look like yours. By the way did u pick up that wheel from Chris with team 16niss? He was selling a set just like yours off his 350z.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Stand For Something

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by vipTL
LOL Which is A LOT to do. It'll make it go from looking like complete ass to lookin damn good. Until he does those 2 or 3 things you listed... :fail:
Old 05-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ASASN21
LOL Which is A LOT to do. It'll make it go from looking like complete ass to lookin damn good. Until he does those 2 or 3 things you listed... :fail:
It's funny bc Brian's car is lower than most cars I've seen on AZ, so seeing these people who don't even rock a low car call him out for not being low enough is a joke. Also, you guys do realize he's tucking a good amount of tire in the back right? Camber will definitely help him get lower but he's already far lower than most cars on here even with 10.5s so it's rather amusing to see people try and hate. Also, pulled fenders are completely unnecessary on his car with these wheels bc there isn't nearly enough poke to merit them, plus if you pull the fronts you have to pull the rears to make it all flow well together
Old 05-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Stand For Something

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by turbo7387
It's funny bc Brian's car is lower than most cars I've seen on AZ, so seeing these people who don't even rock a low car call him out for not being low enough is a joke. Also, you guys do realize he's tucking a good amount of tire in the back right? Camber will definitely help him get lower but he's already far lower than most cars on here even with 10.5s so it's rather amusing to see people try and hate. Also, pulled fenders are completely unnecessary on his car with these wheels bc there isn't nearly enough poke to merit them, plus if you pull the fronts you have to pull the rears to make it all flow well together
Dude, i'm not HATING on his car, i'm just giving him an honest opinion and constructive criticism. Hopefully after seeing people's comments he will take a second look at the rear and fix what he needs to fix to make it look like it should. Every other set of wheels he's had have looked damn near perfect on the car, and i've given him compliments in all his pic threads. I just think he pushed it a little too far with the specs on these wheels and the look is not coming out the way it should.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:16 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by elkayem

Hey folks, this coming from a guy rocking stockies, who's never experienced being lowered, scraping, rocking stock TA's? lol. You're straight.

Brian's def. doin it right. Keep it up man, more pics
Old 05-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Shyne

turbo7387: I'll say it straight up. His car doesn't look good with all that poke and close to zero camber. It looks like a monster truck.....I'm sorry bforbrian but in my opinion since you're running that much stretch put it to use and go like -5 camber in the rear and drop it more.

P.S. There's a reason why you're not rubbing...

Last edited by TLheaven; 05-31-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ASASN21
Dude, i'm not HATING on his car, i'm just giving him an honest opinion and constructive criticism. Hopefully after seeing people's comments he will take a second look at the rear and fix what he needs to fix to make it look like it should. Every other set of wheels he's had have looked damn near perfect on the car, and i've given him compliments in all his pic threads. I just think he pushed it a little too far with the specs on these wheels and the look is not coming out the way it should.
It's up to him what he wants to fix, to be honest there really isn't THAT much poke going on even without any camber and he's got it pretty low already. That being said, I've talked to Brian about pretty much every set of wheels he's had and helped him figure out what the fitment would be like. These are definitely pushing the limits but definitely can be pulled off with the camber he's got now without a problem but he'll camber them more in time and make it look even more nuts

turbo7387: I'll say it straight up. His car doesn't look good with all that poke and close to zero camber. It looks like a monster truck.....I'm sorry bforbrian but in my opinion since you're running that much stretch put it to use and go like -5 camber in the rear and drop it more.

P.S. There's a reason why you're not rubbing...
First off, just wanted to say that your car's dope, I ran across pics of it somewhere recently and love it. It definitely doesn't look like a monster truck, it's just raked which is a good look. He's got room to go a little lower in the back as it is without changing the camber and I think that'll make it look a lot better. I don't see the point of insane camber if you don't need it and this car really only needs a little bit more to make it perfect
Old 05-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Poking without tucking just looks extremely wrong...i.e mexiflush. Wheels are nice, but it really does look wrong. Volks were probably the best setup...

Am I the only one that would just get a new car instead of getting new rims every month? lol...Alpine white 335i/red interior sport package and call it a day. As much as I love the TL, I could never continuously drop thousands into it (or any car)

Last edited by FiveLiterCheater; 05-31-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:48 PM
B A N N E D

I have to disagree, Hes not tucking any tire. I tuck more tire then that with my stock 17's. So yes he has a couple inches to lower the car and it WILL look good. btw who are you?

Last edited by WalkerUA6; 05-31-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:50 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I can hear those poor tires screaming for mercy.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Shyne

It's up to him what he wants to fix, to be honest there really isn't THAT much poke going on even without any camber and he's got it pretty low already. That being said, I've talked to Brian about pretty much every set of wheels he's had and helped him figure out what the fitment would be like. These are definitely pushing the limits but definitely can be pulled off with the camber he's got now without a problem but he'll camber them more in time and make it look even more nuts

First off, just wanted to say that your car's dope, I ran across pics of it somewhere recently and love it. It definitely doesn't look like a monster truck, it's just raked which is a good look. He's got room to go a little lower in the back as it is without changing the camber and I think that'll make it look a lot better. I don't see the point of insane camber if you don't need it and this car really only needs a little bit more to make it perfect
Thanks for responding professionally, I appreciate that. Makes my post look really hostile which I definitely didn't mean. And yeah I agree with you, it will look infinitely better once he fixes a few things which won't take much time. Even w/o negative camber I think he can go low and keep the poke look he's going for. Maybe just add a few more degrees or something. Keep us updated
Old 05-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by WalkerUA6
I have to disagree, Hes not tucking any tire. I tuck more tire then that with my stock 17's. So yes he has a couple inches to lower the car and it WILL look good. btw who are you?
I mean you're on air, doesn't really count or work the same way

I'm Brian's friend with the bagged black Jetta that pops up in his pictures from time to time. It's all about aggressive fitment and stance, it's not like I'm a stranger to this sort of stuff

Thanks for responding professionally, I appreciate that. Makes my post look really hostile which I definitely didn't mean. And yeah I agree with you, it will look infinitely better once he fixes a few things which won't take much time. Even w/o negative camber I think he can go low and keep the poke look he's going for. Maybe just add a few more degrees or something. Keep us updated
Nah it's all good, I don't usually take anything said on forums too seriously and since I've seen your car before I know you're not just talking shit up with no knowledge base lol
Old 05-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JJaber06
Am I the only one that would just get a new car instead of getting new rims every month? lol...Alpine white 335i/red interior sport package and call it a day. As much as I love the TL, I could never continuously drop thousands into it (or any car)
It's not like he buys a new set every few months and keeps the old ones. Flipping wheels and making profit then upgrading is just smart modding since not too much ends up coming out of pocket and you get to change things up. As for spending money on a car, it's a slippery slope and once you start modding it doesn't end haha
Old 05-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by elkayem

he undeniably needs to drop the rear more, no doubt. Also, those cars are hawt, yes, but there is nothing VIP about them. Maybe i'm wrong, but it looks like hes going for a vip look, not a jdm, or drifter, or euro look with 0 camber. Plus, im pretty sure Illustrious meant the pull doesnt look right on a TL, not in general. While not a traditional platform, the TL caters to the VIP style far more than the JDM style, and from his wheel choice, i'd say its the look he's going for. He really doesnt have that much poke to justify pulling.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:29 PM
Intermediate

You're a fucking idiot. If you maybe actually knew anything about aggressive wheel fitment and how it's actually done right, the wheels would make more sense to you. Mexi-poke or whatever would be tiny wheels with bubble tires that have about 4 inches of poke, which is far from the case with Brian's car.

Your username is eurodre. Check out how european cars do aggressive fitment and come back after you actually learn a thing or two. Oh, and pics of your car just to see what kind of hot stuff you have... Tool

There's too many people on this board who don't think outside the box. Someone pushes the envelope and does it damn right and haters think they know what's up when they usually drive stock or near stock cars. Expand your minds and look at other modding scenes and see how it's done elsewhere

oh very nice i like how you can just judge someone over the internet like that, yah buddy i don't know ANYTHING about aggressive wheel fitment sure buddy

so you mean to tell me from your "knowledge" of fitment that a car like the tl posted with THAT terrible height and stretched tires and THAT much poke in the rear looks GOOD?

what makes you think i DON'T know about the european fitment style?

how about this because it's obvious you think you're hot shit, post the pics of that TL on the g35driver.com (i can vouch for a lot of guys who know what they are doing) and the major VIP forums and let them take a crack at it..

if you really want to see my car you're in luck i'm just about to order some work t1s' and I'll show you how its done

for your information 20x.9.5 -8, 20x10.5 -8 step lip, machine polish silver on a G35
Old 05-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
I mean you're on air, doesn't really count or work the same way

I'm Brian's friend with the bagged black Jetta that pops up in his pictures from time to time. It's all about aggressive fitment and stance, it's not like I'm a stranger to this sort of stuff
I like your jetta, but sorry still disgusted by bforbrians setup. its like he took zero thought into making it. its as if he bought the biggest setup he could find and slapped them on w/o putting any thought into it

WalkerUA6 isnt on air, and hes a perfect example of aggresive setups
Old 05-31-2009, 03:39 PM
Burning Brakes

some inspiration for you brian.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Nismo TL yo!

I liked that last setup better, but if you lowered the back a bit more I think it would look bad ass.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:42 PM
Nismo TL yo!

btw, that GS looks retarded with that amount of camber. Looks like the driver is fat as fuck and snapped the axels.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Drop it more, and your good to go.

On a side note, any full-res pics of this shot..?

Quick Reply: My fronts go harder than your rears... poke is the new flush~