It's coming along.. what do you think so far?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 11:11 PM
LiQuiDFleX81

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile It's coming along.. what do you think so far?

i've recently did some installs of some mods and i think my car is headed in the right direction.. i think it looks pretty good for what it is right now... it's a work in progress always, but i enjoy it.

Next 3 mods i NEED to do: Mid Muffler Delete, Drop it 1.5in, Get a rear Typs S lip to complete the exhaust look i'm going for.
I hacked the stock muffler pipes/tips off and clamped on the Quad tips to fill out the Type S bumper i finally got painted. Duraflex Roof Wing Spoiler went on easy. I de-badged the car as well.

As for the interior... how do you guys like my black leather seats in my camel/black interior? Also, added the Acura steering wheel cover, the wheel is thicker now and better to grab.

Onto the pics... what do you guys think, i know it's no show car, or somethin sittin on 19's like alot of the cars i enjoy looking at on here, but for what it is so far.... not bad?

(*anyone in NJ can tell me where they got their mid muffler delete done at? having a hard time finding a place)

Old 04-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I like the roof spoiler and the seats. I'm not sure about the wheel cover though.

National Acura Meet-June 6th/Kansas City. Click here for details and to sign up!
Old 04-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Newb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
+1 for the roof spoiler

Exhaust looks weird, but hopefully it gets better with a-spec rear.

Hmmm interior looks too busy.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not surprisingly from the east coast.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:09 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
6mt ftw!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:10 AM
LiQuiDFleX81

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by sT04Louis
dude wtf? i don't get why people are hatin, i just asked do you think some things look good, i know not everything is everyons taste, some things you have to see in person, but come on, insults.. really?
Old 04-05-2010, 12:16 AM
e92 335i

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
I like the roof spoiler, I'm not feeling the exhaust tips and seat covers though. Try and tuck the exhaust tips more in?
Old 04-05-2010, 12:25 AM
LiQuiDFleX81

Originally Posted by ladiesman217
I like the roof spoiler, I'm not feeling the exhaust tips and seat covers though. Try and tuck the exhaust tips more in?
i will take a pic tomorrow from atop of the exhaust and how far it sticks out from the bumper, when looking down it only sticks out a little bit, but being that the bumper is angled it's creating the illusion that they are sticking out further than they really are,, an aspec rear will fix this i'm sure, if not, i will shorten the tips then.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Originally Posted by Liquidflex81
dude wtf? i don't get why people are hatin, i just asked do you think some things look good, i know not everything is everyons taste, some things you have to see in person, but come on, insults.. really?
My statement was based off the background in the pictures. Looks like the East Coast.

But since im here again....

What do i think so far.

I think the bad are:
1. Steering wheel cover is super tacky.
2. Not sure as to what is going on with the seat covers. Look like spray painted foam inserts.
3. Exhaust doesn't fit and looks crooked.
4. Rear bumper isn't finished
5. Air Freshener on shifter boot is going to ruin the leather.

I think the good are:
1. Tails
2. Roof Spoiler
3. Type-S side markers.

Don't come to a forum asking what people think unless you want to hear the truth. If you want everyone to like what you do to your car go to cardomain. It seems to be full of people who seem to love every mod under the sun. I am not one of those people.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:13 AM
LiQuiDFleX81

My statement was based off the background in the pictures. Looks like the East Coast.

What do i think so far.

I think the bad are:
2. Not sure as to what is going on with the seat covers. Look like spray painted foam inserts.

I think the good are:
1. Tails
2. Roof Spoiler
3. Type-S side markers.

Don't come to a forum asking what people think unless you want to hear the truth. If you want everyone to like what you do to your car go to cardomain. It seems to be full of people who seem to love every mod under the sun. I am not one of those people.
i was gonna respond to all that, not worth it, it's my car in the end.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

True it is your car, which means you could cover it in NOS stickers and neon lights if you wanted to.

But when you come to a forum and make a thread titled:
"It's coming along.. what do you think so far?"

"You" being the other members of this forum. I happen to be one of those members, and I let you know what I think so far.

If you don't want to hear what people think about your car, don't ask for opinions.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:09 AM
socal WDP

... as long as he likes it haha...
Old 04-05-2010, 07:15 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
best of luck man

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 04-05-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:18 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Do me a favor and get off this forum

For the past few months you been down right ignorant with your posts.

You should try a Ford forum and keep your bs over there.

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 04-05-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good, Its always good to see members enjoying their TL's. As long as you are having fun and like your mods its all that counts. My only advise would be... Be careful of the steering wheel cover. My wife had one on her car and one day I had to make a manuver in it and the cover slid the wheel stayed straight.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
comeon lets all get along now
Old 04-05-2010, 10:31 AM
LiQuiDFleX81

Originally Posted by Dan1629
Looks good, Its always good to see members enjoying their TL's. As long as you are having fun and like your mods its all that counts. My only advise would be... Be careful of the steering wheel cover. My wife had one on her car and one day I had to make a manuver in it and the cover slid the wheel stayed straight.
thanks, yea i hear ya , it's really tight on there, thanks for the heads up.

ya know what's funny,, my inspiration was a TL i saw on here a few years ago,, a black one with my exact setup now,, same tips,, they were as big and "stuck out" just as far.., same bumper, it just had no roof wing,, and everyone practically drooled over this thing, i do the same thing almost and people just tear it apart. lol i'm seriously starting to beleive now that some people on here only thinks your car looks good if it's Black or White, ABP is hated lol and the fact that i live in NJ are working against me i know, but what i can do? hahah ..... i have to have a laugh if i got upset at all the negative that people write to me in posts about MY car, it would just eat me up inside.
i love my car, i love the unique and not cookie cutter color of it, the mods i have done to it, it gets compliments all the time in person, people always want to drive it,, so i'm not gonna let some few random people scattered thruout the USA try and bring me down, sorry!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Do me a favor and get off this forum

For the past few months you been down right ignorant with your posts.

You should try a Ford forum and keep your bs over there.

If he doesnt want a opinion, he shouldnt ask for one.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Nismo TL yo!

What do i think so far.

I think the bad are:

I think the good are:
1. Tails
2. Roof Spoiler
3. Type-S side markers.

+1

The aspec rear may fix how the exhuast looks, but you need to take off the steering wheel cover and seat covers. looks tacky IMO. Its an ACURA.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 65 Posts
the seat covers look really bad, and i havnt been around much lately, but someone knocked off ATLP design for the roof spoiler or how did that work?

anyway, once you get suspension, im sure the exterior of the car will look better.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Traded in my

Gad dayum..so many uptight people on this site nowadays. If you don't want criticism, don't post pics and ask people what they think..simple as that. If your car makes you happy, you shouldn't need anyone else's opinion.

However OP, since you did post pics and asked what we think..
The only things you got going for you are 6MT, front lip, tails, and roof spoiler.

This is an Acura, doesn't need tacky seat covers nor should you have them on in the first place.
Steering wheel covers..well my fiancee loves hers but never on my car.
Type-S tips? Shoulda just used the whole exhaust if you already had access to it. They're not hung right and look completely outta place...
Or..shoulda just saved for ATLP Quads..plenty of people parting with those and they'd actually look good
Old 04-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Well I threw a life line out there but the op wanted to continue now with attitude. Nobody said anything about the color. I think the color is hot, however the type-s does not come in that color. you said you want to know what I think so now here goes.

Steering wheel cover, seat covers, and exhaust are a complete fail.

Love the color and the roof spoiler.

On another note "Louis" I don't appreciate the east coast comment.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Move then. Or dont make your car look like the 98% of cars that come from the east.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Nismo TL yo!

your car didnt?

Its VERY hard to be unique with the TL besides wheels.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

Sounds like a good idea, I am going to sell my Acura, buy a piece of crap old ford pickup and move down the block from you. Can i hang out with the beard crew? Do I need to buy a house, or is it a trailer park?
Old 04-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Traded in my

And now it gets personal..
This is when people just need to just shut their pie holes.
There are countless people on this site from the East with ricey or just plain ugly TLs..that's all he was saying by East Coast. Hell there are ugly/ricey TLs everywhere. If yours isn't ricey or ugly, then move one..let it go.
There's no need to get on anyone about their choice of ride after their TL..has nothing to do with ANYTHING..period. So what he drives a Ford..who gives a shit. At least it's not some homo Miata or some gay shit we'd all get a laugh at.
You guys need to chill the fuck out and move on. No one was attacking anyone else personally so there's no need to take it there. If you can't handle others' opinions, don't be on a PUBLIC forum where people can say whatever the fuck they want. Just don't make it PERSONAL.
Damn..there are a bunch of teenage girls on this site just wanting to pick fights over anything..LOLZ
Old 04-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
LMAO wow

yea so anyways OP i think your car looks good! You need a drop badly (i see you said that was coming tho) and im not feelin the steering wheel cover either.
Other than that you are heading in the right direction imo its your car, do what makes YOU happy!

one last thing
EAST COAST FTMFW

you know i gotta keep it goin, i AM the east coast AM queen
Old 04-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Burning Brakes

those seat covers and the steering wheel cover is going to destroy your ACTUAL leather after while of it being on there and rubbing... that would be my first DE-MOD is the covers
Old 04-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Burning Brakes

OR if you want that look with the black seats check out katskinz they have awesome genuine leather seat covers that replace your oem skinz
Old 04-05-2010, 02:22 PM
LiQuiDFleX81

Well I threw a life line out there but the op wanted to continue now with attitude. Nobody said anything about the color. I think the color is hot, however the type-s does not come in that color. you said you want to know what I think so now here goes.

Steering wheel cover, seat covers, and exhaust are a complete fail.

Love the color and the roof spoiler.

guy, i was not catching an attitude at all, far from it,, i laughed in that post several times making fun of MY OWN COLOR TL,, i'm taking peopples comments with a grain of salt, do i REALLY care what everythinks? no not really, but i am a member of this site for years and i wanted to post pictures of what i did on my budget. Until you sit in the car with the seat covers and wheel cover, you will not get a real idea of how everything looks IN PERSON,, pictures are a still shot in 2D,, think outside of a picture... that's all i'm sayin,, i'm not mad at anyone, and i'm not upset at the negative comments i get on here. Some people prefer to hold a thin steering wheel.. i choose not too. Some people like their all camel leather seats, i'm not a big fan of so much of that color, so i needed more black in the interior and that was my solution... why would i spend over 600 bucks on real leather seats when i spent less than a 100 and got the same effect and they do not look cheap in person.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:28 PM
LiQuiDFleX81

Originally Posted by remikinz
those seat covers and the steering wheel cover is going to destroy your ACTUAL leather after while of it being on there and rubbing... that would be my first DE-MOD is the covers
there is 1/2 inch thick foam padding all thruout the seat covers,, the black outter material is not touching any leather, so not worried about any leather being ruined.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:29 PM
LiQuiDFleX81

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn
LMAO wow

yea so anyways OP i think your car looks good! You need a drop badly (i see you said that was coming tho) and im not feelin the steering wheel cover either.
Other than that you are heading in the right direction imo its your car, do what makes YOU happy!

one last thing
EAST COAST FTMFW

you know i gotta keep it goin, i AM the east coast AM queen
thanks CarrieLynn, sometimes i think your the only nice person on this site lol and yes EAST COAST FTM!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Registered Member

Thats cool op lets just leave it at that and call it a day. I'l probably see ya at one of the meets.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Advanced

Well I have recently posted my own car pic and it was full of opinions. You can't get mad when you ask for an opinion unless you want to title you post with a question then in parenthesis put rhetorical. Your car looks good and I'm sure that in person it looks better then the photos. I'm just not into seat covers and steering wheel covers. That’s just my
Old 04-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Why do you have a blue bucket in your car?
Old 04-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Registered Member

Received 385 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by '02_TL-S
And now it gets personal..
This is when people just need to just shut their pie holes.
There are countless people on this site from the East with ricey or just plain ugly TLs..that's all he was saying by East Coast. Hell there are ugly/ricey TLs everywhere. If yours isn't ricey or ugly, then move one..let it go.
There's no need to get on anyone about their choice of ride after their TL..has nothing to do with ANYTHING..period. So what he drives a Ford..who gives a shit. At least it's not some homo Miata or some gay shit we'd all get a laugh at.
You guys need to chill the fuck out and move on. No one was attacking anyone else personally so there's no need to take it there. If you can't handle others' opinions, don't be on a PUBLIC forum where people can say whatever the fuck they want. Just don't make it PERSONAL.
Damn..there are a bunch of teenage girls on this site just wanting to pick fights over anything..LOLZ
hahahah wanna get personal huh well listen up u fking douche bag! look at your fking ride before u speak fking 2g TLS?? garbage piece of shiet ! BTW u fking northerners aint shiet either
Old 04-05-2010, 03:02 PM
LiQuiDFleX81

Originally Posted by fobstylez

Why do you have a blue bucket in your car?
LOL!! i was waiting for someone to ask about that.

when i was taking pictures of the roof spoiler, i wanted my 3rd brake light lit up, and that blue bucket was all i had around at the time to wedge between the seat and brake pedal
Old 04-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Chapter Leader (New England)

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
OP the color of your car has nothing to do with it I assure you. My car is fucking Green, the oddest of all TL colors. If people don't like it, they can go screw. It has more to do with the fact that most of the mods you've done look like they were bought a Pep Boys. Bear in mind I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm just giving you my opinion. The seat covers, wheel cover and tips all make the car look cheap and covering that Camel interior is BLASPHEMY, you should be ashamed.

Anyway, like a couple other members said, it's your car and if you like it that's all that matters. But don't post pics on a public form if you can't take the heat.

Regards,

Old 04-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

OP its ur ride u can feel free do do whatever u want and don't listen to others but you are asking for opinion in your car so sometimes its gonna get harsh. Your roof spoiler is nice but ur exhaust tips gotta go and seat covers are killing the looks of the interior IMO
Old 04-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JMillerUA6
OP the color of your car has nothing to do with it I assure you. My car is fucking Green, the oddest of all TL colors. If people don't like it, they can go screw. It has more to do with the fact that most of the mods you've done look like they were bought a Pep Boys. Bear in mind I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm just giving you my opinion. The seat covers, wheel cover and tips all make the car look cheap and covering that Camel interior is BLASPHEMY, you should be ashamed.

Anyway, like a couple other members said, it's your car and if you like it that's all that matters. But don't post pics on a public form if you can't take the heat.

Regards,

Justin ur car is nice so shut up u like green cause ur just horny hahahahhaa

Quick Reply: It's coming along.. what do you think so far?