CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 06:20 PM

Received 9,506 Likes on 6,175 Posts
Yeah I've seen the thread but wasn't sure the amp would get rid of the static. I don't want to spent $300 on an amp if it's just the ground. I just have no way of checking it all myself
Old 01-30-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
I love my parents but I'm glad I'm out of there. I mean I had it pretty good, free meals, free rent, free clothes, etc, but it almost wasn't worth the constant nagging.

Mitzi is at NC State. From door to door she's about 40 minutes away so it's not too bad. We alternate weekends driving over to see each other. I came home last weekend and she drove down and spent this weekend with me. It's working out pretty well!

Yeah I'm not too concerned with the weather and the car. I would love a car cover but I want a fancy one and I can't justify the cost

Where are you attending school in the fall?
I hear ya. I'm pretty excited to get out of the house myself. Glad to hear you and Mitzi aren't too far apart.

I'm going to Grand Valley State University...its in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The number one DII school.

What are you majoring in? Might've already mentioned it...I'm an airhead.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by cjTL
I hear ya. I'm pretty excited to get out of the house myself. Glad to hear you and Mitzi aren't too far apart.

I'm going to Grand Valley State University...its in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The number one DII school.

What are you majoring in? Might've already mentioned it...I'm an airhead.
Congrats to you sir! I checked out some pictures of that school and it looks gorgeous. I bet you're looking forward to it!

24k+ students though? Good lord. My school barely has 4k. Private school ftw.

Your smart ass should know how to read I'm majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Management. I believe I can take 1 or 2 more classes and double major in Health Communications.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Congrats to you sir! I checked out some pictures of that school and it looks gorgeous. I bet you're looking forward to it!

24k+ students though? Good lord. My school barely has 4k. Private school ftw.

Your smart ass should know how to read I'm majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Management. I believe I can take 1 or 2 more classes and double major in Health Communications.
I love the campus. It's beautiful. And growing really rapidly.

Public Relations! Very nice. I wouldn't mind majoring in that at all. Seems like it'd be really interesting to do. I'm still somewhat undecided.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by cjTL
I love the campus. It's beautiful. And growing really rapidly.

Public Relations! Very nice. I wouldn't mind majoring in that at all. Seems like it'd be really interesting to do. I'm still somewhat undecided.
I really like the program so far. A lot of ladies major in PR though so most of my classes have 15 girls and two maybe three guys

Shit, I just decided this past year what I wanted to do. Hence why I'm almost 23 and I'm considered a junior

Do what makes you happy. Just because you get a degree in one thing doesn't guarantee you'll ever work in that field later in life. My buddy graduated from NC State with a Sports Management degree and is working at Lenovo doing sales

I met Mitzi at Moes in Fuquay-Varina which is about 30 minutes north of where I am earlier this evening. I got gas and drove back to campus. I checked my MID and looked what I found...

FUCKING BEAST!

Just a bunch of two lane roads ranging in speed limits from 35 to 55 the whole way back. Only hit two red lights. I tried to keep steady pressure on the gas when I needed to and coasted as often as possible.

I was so happy but then I saw this...

Bitch ass took my spot
Old 01-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I'll be right over....we can lift it up and move it!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:13 PM

It's a V6 Mustang. I'll just set it on fire and let someone else clean up the mess.
The following users liked this post:
alexSU (02-01-2012)
Old 01-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
^^^ LOL, smart! That's all it's good for anyway....
Old 01-31-2012, 09:47 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Hey Tyler, good to hear you're doing your thing man! 4k in the school...pretty small lol. The U has about 25k undergrads...parking wasn't as bad as you think though. Lots of Beemers & Mercs that daddy bought, so the rich chicks were pretty careful about dinging them up. Driving around campus was a different story though I love your corner lockdown spot, that's awesome! As soon as that excuse for a Mustang moves, get it back! V6 mustang would be like a 4 cylinder TL lol! Good luck with school man. You & your GF coming out to KC for the national meet this yr? I'm definitely planning on making this year's installment.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:19 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
am not mad that he took your spot....am mad coz he didnt use that spot....

if he had to park the way he did, why the fuck did he park there ?
Old 02-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 338 Posts
It's a V6 Mustang. I'll just set it on fire and let someone else clean up the mess.
around here we call them 'Crippled Dickless Ponies'
alexSU (02-01-2012)
Old 02-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Not a bad looking place your living at buddy! Reminds of the place Frank had here at UNCC.

I don't blame you for parking like that, hell I park like that with my Accord. It's not about what kind of car you have or how expensive it is but for the simple reason you don't want dents and shit all over it. People have to understand that...not mentioning any names....

You should park the other way around though, let them bitches see that sweet atlp exhaust so when you cold start it, the growl could be heard across the parking lot
Old 02-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
The TL has come a really long way Tyler, I know you've probably already answered this one; have you ever thought about installing updated 07 + side mirrors? And at your engine bay, that is different for sure. I had forgotten how good A-specs looked What are you future plans for it now, because even if you say you're done, I know there's always more.

Otherwise great to hear you're settling well into college life after we talked, I'll send you a msg later on in your inbox.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
^^^ LOL, smart! That's all it's good for anyway....

Don't get me wrong, the owner has a brand new car, something I've never had the privilege of having. I just don't see the point of getting a muscle car without the muscle

Originally Posted by HOCKEYMAN23
Hey Tyler, good to hear you're doing your thing man! 4k in the school...pretty small lol. The U has about 25k undergrads...parking wasn't as bad as you think though. Lots of Beemers & Mercs that daddy bought, so the rich chicks were pretty careful about dinging them up. Driving around campus was a different story though I love your corner lockdown spot, that's awesome! As soon as that excuse for a Mustang moves, get it back! V6 mustang would be like a 4 cylinder TL lol! Good luck with school man. You & your GF coming out to KC for the national meet this yr? I'm definitely planning on making this year's installment.
Zach how are you sir? Long time no see!

Tuition here is almost $20k a semester if you live on campus so there aren't hoards of people wanting to get in

I plan on taking summer classes so we will see if I can make the meet. I'm sure I'll have the time but the money is an issue as well.

Originally Posted by swoosh
am not mad that he took your spot....am mad coz he didnt use that spot....

if he had to park the way he did, why the fuck did he park there ?
Trust me, I know

Originally Posted by veggiemonster
around here we call them 'Crippled Dickless Ponies'
I just call them vaginas.

Originally Posted by alexSU
Not a bad looking place your living at buddy! Reminds of the place Frank had here at UNCC.

I don't blame you for parking like that, hell I park like that with my Accord. It's not about what kind of car you have or how expensive it is but for the simple reason you don't want dents and shit all over it. People have to understand that...not mentioning any names....

You should park the other way around though, let them bitches see that sweet atlp exhaust so when you cold start it, the growl could be heard across the parking lot
Alex!

I've pulled in the spot a few times. I get a lot of looks in the parking lot

Originally Posted by nokiaman
The TL has come a really long way Tyler, I know you've probably already answered this one; have you ever thought about installing updated 07 + side mirrors? And at your engine bay, that is different for sure. I had forgotten how good A-specs looked What are you future plans for it now, because even if you say you're done, I know there's always more.

Otherwise great to hear you're settling well into college life after we talked, I'll send you a msg later on in your inbox.
Mark! I'm glad you finally found your way onto Acurazine!

Besides the 07-08 base tails, I want the rest of the car to look like a typical 04-06. It was the first year of the new design and I want to keep it classy. Plus it's a 2004 with the rare 18x8.5 Gunmetal A-Specs so I sorta like the look. I've been thinking about putting the red tails and sidemarkers back on too just for shits and giggles. I probably won't but it's fun to think about.

Ideally coils and new wheels would be next BUT it's hard to justify being in college with no income. I'll probably just use that money for a down payment on a place in a few years or a stupid shiny rock that my girlfriend wants

Looking forward to your message! Maybe we can hit up Forza again soon.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Have you considered getting a part-time job while in school?

The whole sudden lack of income thing sucks.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,385 Likes on 4,933 Posts
a stupid shiny rock that my girlfriend wants
Old 02-01-2012, 11:14 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
It has been a while huh? Been doing pretty good man, got another financial license (Series 7) back in October...might be looking to get a better gig here soon to actually use it lol! We'll see what happens. $20k a semester...holy crap! If I remember, Miami's tuition was about $28k a year on average, still pretty nuts. TL has been holding up very well, I ordered the UR crank pulley and am looking to get the CF front lip to complement my trunk spoiler...yearly bonus at work FTMFW! Hope you can make it out there to KC man, last year's looked like a kick ass time!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Aman
Have you considered getting a part-time job while in school?

The whole sudden lack of income thing sucks.
Yeah I've thought about it, but decided against it for now. I've been working since I was 16 and my grades have always suffered because of that. I'll be working the rest of my life so I might as well be focused on school now.

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Tell me about it. That's why I'm doing everything to the TL now that I can

Originally Posted by HOCKEYMAN23
It has been a while huh? Been doing pretty good man, got another financial license (Series 7) back in October...might be looking to get a better gig here soon to actually use it lol! We'll see what happens. $20k a semester...holy crap! If I remember, Miami's tuition was about $28k a year on average, still pretty nuts. TL has been holding up very well, I ordered the UR crank pulley and am looking to get the CF front lip to complement my trunk spoiler...yearly bonus at work FTMFW! Hope you can make it out there to KC man, last year's looked like a kick ass time!
Congrats to you sir! Make that money!

Glad to hear you are still modding the car, I've heard good things about the crank pulley. I'm hoping my tax return is enough for some new goodies for my car

I would love to come out to Kansas again this year, I've just gotta see if I can afford it.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:14 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
Tell me about it. That's why I'm doing everything to the TL now that I can
exactly the reason why i modded the crap out of mine so fast...knew it wouldn't last long. i'll still sneak a few things in here n there tho...

<------

Old 02-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
... so it wasnt enough that my girl likes ur car better... now u got the nerve to double my fuel efficiency on top of it?!?! i quit... lol
Old 02-06-2012, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
exactly the reason why i modded the crap out of mine so fast...knew it wouldn't last long. i'll still sneak a few things in here n there tho...

<------

Yep. I've got about 2 years until I have to make the purchase so I've still got time to play

Originally Posted by jerzydevil609
... so it wasnt enough that my girl likes ur car better... now u got the nerve to double my fuel efficiency on top of it?!?! i quit... lol
No worries John.

Update 2/6/12

Well folks, it's been fun, but it's time to retire. I feel like I've grown up a bit and it's time to move on.

Just kidding The TL is here to stay! The only thing being retired is the infamous UA6FTMFW plate.

Goodbye...

Hello...

Yep, still sticking with the UA6 theme, just in a more mature way. Like you've read before, I'm attending a university. I like school spirit but refused to put stickers on my car, so I figured this was the best way to show my love for my school.

While I loved my old plate, I felt it was a bit immature. When I get out of school and I'm looking for jobs, I don't want a potential boss to see my car and ask what the plate means. While most car guys know what it means, quite a few "regular" people don't, and I've been embarrassed to say what it means. I don't want that to ruin a job opportunity for me later in life.

The orange will take some time to get used to and I think I'm going to remove the smoked cover, but overall I like it. I ordered it back on Thanksgiving and the stupid DMV put it on the shelf for almost 3 months until last Thursday when I called.

One more just for shits and giggles...

And yes, I got my spot back from that bitch V6 Mustang
Old 02-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 338 Posts
niceeeee. i love your car. looks so nice white. droooool.

also, as a smoker, fuck the guy who is littering his habit
Old 02-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Vagina moved.. About time.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by SharksBreath

<------

You must still sneak it here and there.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:41 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i luved UA6FTMFW

glad you got your spot back....
Old 02-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,994 Likes on 14,502 Posts
doubt anyone that ever mattered in your future would think to know to ask what your tag means...since they'd have to know FTMFW AND UA6 to even make a correlation! \

Love the new tag though...short and sweet. In FL, we can't have any tag shields any more. I like it better without.

J.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:19 PM

I'll get back to everyone's comments later but I wanted to upload this before I forgot.

Weird popping sound while on the gas at 0:40 and an annoying high pitch whine the entire video. This is why I stick to taking pictures

Old 02-06-2012, 03:04 PM
2012 TL SH-AWD

Received 119 Likes on 104 Posts
Hey Tyler I always wonder what your tags means. No clue!
Old 02-06-2012, 03:29 PM

I'll get back to everyone's comments later but I wanted to upload this before I forgot.

Weird popping sound while on the gas at 0:40 and an annoying high pitch whine the entire video. This is why I stick to taking pictures
the popping sound at 0:40 i think is a misfire....the engine does that to heat up the cats quicker

the whine seems like its coming from the hood....if it comes alllllll the time (except when your on the gas) then your intake manifold cover bolt is loose and air is seeping thro....other it could be from the PS pump
Old 02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
I just read through this whole thread..what am I doing with my life? However, I will say that this started off kinda eh...then you got the A-specs and it was all uphill from there. Brilliant looking WDP. I think this may just be my favorite 3g. Too bad it isn't manual though.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Flipster23
Vagina moved.. About time.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by Flipster23

You must still sneak it here and there.
As long as she lets me sneak it in, we will have no problems

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i luved UA6FTMFW

glad you got your spot back....
Yeah I loved it too but it was time to move on. I'll miss people staring at the ass of my car at red lights trying to figure out what it means, but I won't be heartbroken.

Originally Posted by rockstar143
doubt anyone that ever mattered in your future would think to know to ask what your tag means...since they'd have to know FTMFW AND UA6 to even make a correlation! \

Love the new tag though...short and sweet. In FL, we can't have any tag shields any more. I like it better without.

J.
I like to think that it wouldn't matter, but you never know. Yeah I'm going to remove the cover tomorrow and see how it looks. Pictures will be posted!

Originally Posted by Zelaya
Hey Tyler I always wonder what your tags means. No clue!
Really?

the popping sound at 0:40 i think is a misfire....the engine does that to heat up the cats quicker

the whine seems like its coming from the hood....if it comes alllllll the time (except when your on the gas) then your intake manifold cover bolt is loose and air is seeping thro....other it could be from the PS pump
Well I learned something new today thanks!

The thing is, I didn't hear the whine in person. Only when I play back the video I hear it. I'm pretty sure it was the microphone.

Originally Posted by KatabaticSaint
I just read through this whole thread..what am I doing with my life? However, I will say that this started off kinda eh...then you got the A-specs and it was all uphill from there. Brilliant looking WDP. I think this may just be my favorite 3g. Too bad it isn't manual though.
Whoa, props to you sir! Sorry you had to read through so much bullshit

Yeah I started out pretty rough but finally got my head out of my ass and did things correctly.

And thanks for the compliment! I wish it was a manual too but it's a great DD. I enjoy the A/T when I'm stuck in traffic on a road that's uphill
KatabaticSaint (02-26-2012)
Old 02-06-2012, 09:05 PM
2012 TL SH-AWD

What does it means?
Old 02-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,385 Likes on 4,933 Posts
UA6 = Chassis code

FTMFW = For The Mother Fucking Win
Old 02-06-2012, 09:45 PM
2012 TL SH-AWD

UA6 = Chassis code

Thanks Morgan.

Tyler you're so original with that personalized tag. I'm glad you changed it.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:17 PM
WDP Type-S sitting on air

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts
sad to see the tag go tyler but i guess it was time to move on
Old 02-06-2012, 11:56 PM

Well I learned something new today thanks!

The thing is, I didn't hear the whine in person. Only when I play back the video I hear it. I'm pretty sure it was the microphone.
in that case your problem is solved

when my car made that noise i was shit scared....i was like "WTF did my car just misfire"....I asked Inaccurate (Tim) and he educated me on this....

i felt exactly how you feel right now bro haha
Old 02-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
you shoulda came up w/ something clever for FTMFW besides "for the mother effin win" and just told that to the more mature crowd lol
Old 02-07-2012, 11:16 AM

What does it means?
UA6 = Chassis code

Thanks Morgan.

Tyler you're so original with that personalized tag. I'm glad you changed it.
Thank you both! I still have a customized plate that has UA6 in it so I'm happy

Originally Posted by rptls08
sad to see the tag go tyler but i guess it was time to move on
Ravin don't make me regret this

Can't wait for Friday!

in that case your problem is solved

when my car made that noise i was shit scared....i was like "WTF did my car just misfire"....I asked Inaccurate (Tim) and he educated me on this....

i felt exactly how you feel right now bro haha
Yeah I heard it and freaked out. I was like FUCK I GOT THAT ON VIDEO

Originally Posted by jwr0ng626
you shoulda came up w/ something clever for FTMFW besides "for the mother effin win" and just told that to the more mature crowd lol
Yeah well I'm not that creative

And since I'm broke as fawk and won't be getting anything new for the car anytime soon, I'm going to go into detail about the new plate.

I thought it was cool how my last plate wasn't stamped, rather it was printed. See...

Yet the new one is stamped...

No smoked cover ftw...

I think it'll stay like this for a while.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,994 Likes on 14,502 Posts
You know, Tyler...I think you'd be a good candidate for wrapping that silver trim piece in carbon fiber wrap.

Looks great, I love the stamped plate better...also without the cover is MUCH cleaner!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:20 AM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
I like the new plate. Much cleaner and classier.

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!