SUN Hyper Voltage System (GT) + Hyper Ground Wire Systems

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006 | 08:54 PM
Banned

SUN Hyper Voltage System (GT) + Hyper Ground Wire Systems

According to a guy with 20 years of exp. in cars, he claims that these 2 items would be the first things he would put in his car (even before the AEM CAI) he claims that there is increase in torque and hp, but when I asked him if dynoed would the numbers show, and he said no...

so whats with this guy? The forums seem to have no one doing this mod, but I thought Id ask anyways if anyone has any thoughts on these items.

Supposedly these 2 items are commonly used for many car enthusiasts..
Old 10-11-2006 | 09:15 PM
Advanced

Well I had the hks dli2 on my evo and it helped under high boost with spark break up. It is bascially and ignition amplifier. Ground wires did not help @ all on an evo. I call BS on th ehp increase but it will run smoother @ least mine did. Some evo guys are running sun with the same or simiolar rsults as the HKS-DLI2 (485.00)

Magnacor also makes ground wires, you can make them your self..
Old 10-12-2006 | 12:46 AM
Burning Brakes

The hyper voltage system and hks dli2 are two different products, the sun item is a voltage stabilizer, the dli2 is a ignition system.
Old 10-12-2006 | 12:00 PM
5mins2disney.com

I have both installed on my TL, I think I did notice a gain in HP/torque, although I didn't dyno the car before and afterwards. Others have and claim measurable gains, there's really no point in putting on a mod if it doesn't make a difference, I don't buy into the theory that it helps but you can't measure it! LOL

Also, a few months back, there were quite a few threads in the forums running about this mod, and quite a few of us did install these, either the Sun product or the Buddy Club version of the same thing.

The ground kit is really just a bunch of thick wire, so it's not like one brand is going to be much better than any others.
Old 10-12-2006 | 05:50 PM
5mins2disney.com

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/get-load-accord-137890/

Here's a link to the thread with my install pics in it actually. This is a worth mod, I definitely noticed a performance increase from it, although not major, it definitely helped some.
Old 10-19-2006 | 12:42 AM
B A N N E D

there was an issue of honda tuning mag back last year around this time and there were installs done to a black 04 3g tl 6mt, they installed a comptech exhasut , innjen cai, and hyper ground and hyper voltage systems. the baseline hp they took before any mods was at 214 whp, after all the mods listed above, it came to 245whp!!! now, i'm no idiot but i know that an exhaust would probably be the least contributer to those numbers and my guess is the intake is probably about 10 hp, respectively? so you do the math and figure out for yourself just how much the hyper ground/voltage systems can offer in hp benefits. by the way, i have everything i just listed- car/parts. and i can't confirm real whp figures but i can sure say that before the mods, i couldn't shake this local 350z, i could hang though, but now after just only these lods, i can beat him harder than he ever beat me, 3 races back to back to back - because he just couldn't believe the first, second and then finally on 3rd. haha
Old 10-19-2006 | 11:24 AM
Pro

Get it, its only couple hundred bucks, and worth it to say the least.
Old 10-19-2006 | 12:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Royce Han
there was an issue of honda tuning mag back last year around this time and there were installs done to a black 04 3g tl 6mt, they installed a comptech exhasut , innjen cai, and hyper ground and hyper voltage systems. the baseline hp they took before any mods was at 214 whp, after all the mods listed above, it came to 245whp!!! now, i'm no idiot but i know that an exhaust would probably be the least contributer to those numbers and my guess is the intake is probably about 10 hp, respectively?
Well the intake has been shown to give 15+whp. The exhaust maybe 8-10whp. So maybe about 5 whp on the grounding kit. It is a worthwhile mod but I wouldn't claim 10-15whp with it.
Old 10-19-2006 | 04:34 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Touge
The hyper voltage system and hks dli2 are two different products, the sun item is a voltage stabilizer, the dli2 is a ignition system.

Sun makes both an ignition and a voltage grounding system.. Has anyone added both?
Old 10-19-2006 | 08:25 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Well the intake has been shown to give 15+whp. The exhaust maybe 8-10whp. So maybe about 5 whp on the grounding kit. It is a worthwhile mod but I wouldn't claim 10-15whp with it.

i'm not too clear on this here but according to injen -website, they claim to make 11.4 HP to be exact, now onto comptech-website, they claim their exhaust to make 7.5 HP exact.have you seen this honda tuning issue i'm referring to? if you have than , why wouldn't these numbers add accordingly to the part manufacturer's claim? remember that's a solid number-30 whp gain in those pages of honda tuning. you know they wouldn't lie and it must be true, therefore i really believe the ground /voltage kits are these factors behind the remainder of the 11.1 HP increase. what do you think?
Old 10-19-2006 | 09:33 PM
5mins2disney.com

I don't think you're gonna get 11hp out of the grounding kit and voltage system..it's not that big of an improvement. Even the Sun website says it's roughly 5hp..

This is from Sun's website...on just the Hyperground system...
I
Increased fuel mileage...

Hmmm...this is for the Hypervoltage system...shows about 5hp...

Conclusion...maybe it is more than 5hp gain out of both of these mods! Interestingly they now offer a combo cyber speed kit for the EVO/WRX crowd..that product offers 11-12hp gains on those cars!
Old 10-19-2006 | 09:35 PM
5mins2disney.com

This is for the combo cyber kit..better ground wires...voltage regulator.

http://www.sunautomobile.com/products.htm

The other interesting part that contradicts the very first post...in all of these cases, the gains were measurable and dynod. Personally my car feels a lot more responsive and powerful after adding these mods, this kind of tells me why it feels that way!
Old 10-19-2006 | 10:30 PM
B A N N E D

very nice homework, good evidence, and logical explanation there.
Old 10-20-2006 | 08:24 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

The one thing to keep in mind with dyno numbers is that they vary. A 10hp gain today may be a 15hp gain tomorrow and 8 the day after. The conditions under which the dyno was done affect the results. I'm sure before companies post dynos of their products, they run many and then post the best one. Now, whether it's 25, 30, or 32, those three mods add some power.
Old 10-20-2006 | 12:48 PM
5mins2disney.com

I would agree with you Chill on that point, keep in mind that this is marketing information published on the vendor's website! While I do believe that it adds HP and torque, I also believe that "don't believe everything you see or read on the internet!" hehe. The only way we would ever really know for sure is if someone dynod their own TL before and after installing these mods, on the same car, on the same dyno. No one has ever done so.

The closest thing we've seen is that spec tuner article, but they did a ton of mods and then dynod the car. However, do you really think a bunch of professional tuners looking to do up a TL wouldn't have put these mods on their car if there wasn't a real benefit?
Old 10-21-2006 | 08:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by gqchicago
I would agree with you Chill on that point, keep in mind that this is marketing information published on the vendor's website! While I do believe that it adds HP and torque, I also believe that "don't believe everything you see or read on the internet!" hehe. The only way we would ever really know for sure is if someone dynod their own TL before and after installing these mods, on the same car, on the same dyno. No one has ever done so.

The closest thing we've seen is that spec tuner article, but they did a ton of mods and then dynod the car. However, do you really think a bunch of professional tuners looking to do up a TL wouldn't have put these mods on their car if there wasn't a real benefit?
gqchicago, thanks for the excellent photos of your ground points. I grounded mine just a little bit differently, but the photos were helpful to see what others were doing. your hyper voltage system does not appear to be a GT model, is it the MR type? I installed a GT system and I think it is a little easier and looks a bit cleaner since you actually run your grounds to the device rather than to the battery post.
Old 10-21-2006 | 10:49 PM
5mins2disney.com

Yes mine is the MR type...mounting it proved to be a fun challenge!

The newer models look different....you're correct!
Old 10-21-2006 | 11:29 PM
Suzuka Master

I ended up mounting mine just like they did in the hondatuner mag, essentially the same location as yours, just drilled a couple screws into the underside of the strut brace through the mounting plate and your done.
Old 10-22-2006 | 10:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Here is what my install looks like.

Here is the overall view of my Hyper Voltage GT install with DIY ground kit and the ground points I used. unit is mounted with a modified bracket to the underside of the strut bar per the hondatuner article

Path of daisy chain of grounding cables from chassis to motor to alternator to throttle body ending at Hyper Voltage device.

Daisy chain throttle body to Hyper Voltage device

Ground point at chassis and tranny.

ground point at top of motor

Grounding wires are from an auto battery supply house and come in various lengths already made with the connectors in place. $19 for the entire set instead of the $110 thas Sun is asking. The GT kit is a little easier to install since you can terminate your grounding cables to it rather than going to the add on battery post.
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:09 PM
Racer

I would like to do these mods but dont want my battery to die from the voltage system... Would doing just the Ground Wires affect the battery and would it help at all or only if I did both?

I have a system in my car with 1600W and my battery already shows problems on its own so dont want to add to them, hehe but would like to improve response time when i hit gas.
Old 11-02-2006 | 12:06 AM
Suzuka Master

I have not experienced any battery problems and am not sure what may have caused the issues with the small number of cases that have been discussed previously. There does not appear to be much current draw to this device so I am unsure what happened in those cases.

I would absolutely provide your vehicle with the best grounding that you can, the cables I installed were like $19, its a small price to pay for what so far has been a pleasant suprise performance wise.
Old 11-02-2006 | 01:53 PM
Advanced

Hey Pohljm,

Great Pics. Do you have the Hot Inzma version. Is there a difference? I'm on the website and there are price differences. Which model do you have? Is there an option to use the grounding wires or not?

Just trying to get educated.
Old 11-02-2006 | 02:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mmanuel09
Hey Pohljm,

Great Pics. Do you have the Hot Inzma version. Is there a difference? I'm on the website and there are price differences. Which model do you have? Is there an option to use the grounding wires or not?

Just trying to get educated.
mmanuel09, I have the Hot Inzma GT model, it is the only one that allows you to run the ground wires to the device, the others ground to an add a post on the battery.
Old 11-02-2006 | 02:34 PM
Advanced

Yup - that what I wanted to know. And you can get cheaper ground wires with the connectors and will work the same?

Thanks