RV6 True Dual Exhaust for '04-'08 TL. Accepting deposits now

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
double post

Last edited by oemplusmore; 07-21-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Richie, any idea when Hi-Flow Precats are going to be available? I'm considering doing that the j-pipe and exhaust at the same time. I can't cure my xlr8 exhausts drone, it may be time for something new.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:28 AM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Richie, the exhaust looks and sounds awesome! Finally dual setup! Though not a true dual because of the merger pipe, it's really a great setup.

As far as the dyno goes, I think the graph is terrible. Only because it's very hard to read. If that is how all Mustang dynos read, I will never dyno on one. I had a hard time really seeing the gains (thought I know they are there). It almost looks like a toddler tried to draw mountains on a lined piece of looseleaf, and failed miserably.

This is of no offense to you Richie, the sheet just isn't very clear.

Thank you for everything. You have been a HUGE help to the J series community. My hat tips off to you
Old 07-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oemplusmore
Richie, any idea when Hi-Flow Precats are going to be available? I'm considering doing that the j-pipe and exhaust at the same time. I can't cure my xlr8 exhausts drone, it may be time for something new.
+1^ I would very much like to get my hands on all three. That would be like a 478 whp increase right? That might be a little generous but I have high hopes...
Old 07-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Fearless DIY Guy

Received 373 Likes on 206 Posts
It strikes me as though there is sufficient interest in this product, but I think some more data would help their case...
Old 07-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Veni, vidi, vici

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick
Richie, the exhaust looks and sounds awesome! Finally dual setup! Though not a true dual because of the merger pipe, it's really a great setup.

As far as the dyno goes, I think the graph is terrible. Only because it's very hard to read. If that is how all Mustang dynos read, I will never dyno on one. I had a hard time really seeing the gains (thought I know they are there). It almost looks like a toddler tried to draw mountains on a lined piece of looseleaf, and failed miserably.

This is of no offense to you Richie, the sheet just isn't very clear.

Thank you for everything. You have been a HUGE help to the J series community. My hat tips off to you
Lol, that's the first thing I thought, i was like WTF is up with the graph, my baby sis can draw better graphs then that. LOL j/k
Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Intermediate

richie, i am still patiently waiting for a clip to hear the cabin noise with windows up and down, and shifting between gears in about 4000-5000 rpm.

i need to make sure cabin noise is acceptable since i have passengers all the time

also, are you able to do the base with a burnt tip, you found any burnt tip that goes well with the exhaust? i prefer to have a perfect package from you directly
Old 07-21-2010, 12:22 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
this is pretty cool considering the fact that you can choose your tips. everyone can be unique
Old 07-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Veni, vidi, vici

Originally Posted by luminous-TL
richie, i am still patiently waiting for a clip to hear the cabin noise with windows up and down, and shifting between gears in about 4000-5000 rpm.

i need to make sure cabin noise is acceptable since i have passengers all the time

also, are you able to do the base with a burnt tip, you found any burnt tip that goes well with the exhaust? i prefer to have a perfect package from you directly
Rich PMed the guy who owns these tips, he says he is getting "tip samples"
Old 07-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by mnrsxs
Hell, CAIs could probably claim 15whp if they wanted because I'm sure they boost hp by 1 or 2 throughout the powerband.
I'm not sure you're understanding averages with this statement...If the CAI boost hp by 1or2 throughout the powerband than the average would be just that, 1or2.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Veni, vidi, vici

Originally Posted by AtlM5
I'm not sure you're understanding averages with this statement...If the CAI boost hp by 1or2 throughout the powerband than the average would be just that, 1or2.
+1 lol, I think ur lost bro. when someone says "throughout the powerband" that pretty much means the same as "average". if CAI boasted a 15hp, then average would probably like 8-10, but most CAI are like 6-10hp peak, but 2-5 hp average.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:24 PM
n3o
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Bayam0n
Lol, that's the first thing I thought, i was like WTF is up with the graph, my baby sis can draw better graphs then that. LOL j/k
The problem is the baseline dynograph was not corrected. If you run an uncorrected baseline and a corrected post mod run then the gains are obviously going to be higher.

Corrected vs Uncorrected explained here.

Last edited by n3o; 07-21-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Makes me hate my CT exhaust even more...
Old 07-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
Makes me hate my CT exhaust even more...
why so?
Old 07-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ParaSurfer1979
why so?
cuz RV6 gains are double
Old 07-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 491 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by oemplusmore
In about 1-2 months. I first prototypes are around 2-3 weeks out.

Originally Posted by n3o
The problem is the baseline dynograph was not corrected. If you run an uncorrected baseline and a corrected post mod run then the gains are obviously going to be higher.

Corrected vs Uncorrected explained here.
Sir are you done with your claims? All of the dyno data was corrected.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:31 AM
n3o
Pro

Originally Posted by Richie v6
In about 1-2 months. I first prototypes are around 2-3 weeks out.

Sir are you done with your claims? All of the dyno data was corrected.
If its corrected then why does the baseline look like Michael J. Fox free handed it?
Old 07-22-2010, 02:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by n3o
If its corrected then why does the baseline look like Michael J. Fox free handed it?
I have not known of any dyno program that would let you correct one graph and leave the other one uncorrected. Maybe my exhaust products just make your powerband that much smoother. The next time I am at the dyno I will have them replot all the runs since I do not have access to the software. One of the runs may have had smoothing turned up. But the datapoints should be the same in both the runs.

Anyways I am done with this. You seems to be the only one with a problem. Over the last 4 months I have paid for ~10 hours of dyno time, testing this exhaust and other products. I do this for a living, do you honestly believe I would still be around after 3 years if I misrepresented my products or cut corners.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:33 AM
Veni, vidi, vici

Originally Posted by n3o
dude... why?... can't we all just get along?
Old 07-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Chapter Leader (Central Florida)

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I have not known of any dyno program that would let you correct one graph and leave the other one uncorrected. Maybe my exhaust products just make your powerband that much smoother. The next time I am at the dyno I will have them replot all the runs since I do not have access to the software. One of the runs may have had smoothing turned up. But the datapoints should be the same in both the runs.

Anyways I am done with this. You seems to be the only one with a problem. Over the last 4 months I have paid for ~10 hours of dyno time, testing this exhaust and other products. I do this for a living, do you honestly believe I would still be around after 3 years if I misrepresented my products or cut corners.
The "smoothing" is just because the first run was done with the Dyno taking RPM's from the OBD port, and on the second run they obviously went with a direct reading to get a better idea of what kind of gains you are getting. The same thing happened (on the same dyno at the same facility) when I dyno'd Richies J-Pipe on my TL-S, we switched to a direct RPM reading for the after sets to better see the graph line. Look for my dyno thread, youll see the same thing there.

Now that that's over, Richie, you needed to tell me you were ready with this! WTF!! haha, let me know when you want to know what kind of numbers a TL-S will make with this, I'd be happy to dyno for you again.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:03 AM
n3o
Pro

No, but I don't honestly believe a j pipe, 3rd cat delete, and catback gain 40wtq without any kind of returning.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:12 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
i think you should re-take algebra 1+2 if you cant understand means.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Veni, vidi, vici

SOOOO anyways.... So Richie, are you going to laser engrave your logo/signature on the titanium heated tips like how ATLP and Greddy do their signature's? or slap on a badge? I think slaping on the badge might affect the way the look of the heat treatment might look. I think it should be either laser engraved or just leave it badgeless.

Also a sticker would be nice, for 50whp more lol
Old 07-22-2010, 09:09 AM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
n30, its through out the whole rpm u gain ab out 40whp not peak. We have serveral pages covering this issue. Need more info, start googling.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 762 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by n3o
No, but I don't honestly believe a j pipe, 3rd cat delete, and catback gain 40wtq without any kind of returning.
I will say that the power claims for this exhaust setup do seem very high for an n/a application. I'm not saying the claims are false only that the gains are very high.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by n3o

Name:  eagle.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  23.0 KB

nuff said
Old 07-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Richies products have the best gains. Be it pcds, jpipe, or exhaust. Nothing more need be said! Can't wait to see the tips!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Veni, vidi, vici

Originally Posted by FriscoS

nuff said
that shyt is sofa king gangster
Old 07-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
Richie,
Again amazing stuff, glad I waited to get a catback once I heard you was working on something, Now here is my question to you. Any chance I can get some discount since I recently bought some goodies from you beginning of this year...I got the V2PCD's,V2 J-pipe(wish it was V3 J-pipe)and test pipe from you.. If so please get back at me thru here or PM me with price and detail and I would def drop that $200 deposit of course I'd like my tips stealthy Black....either way If I can't get it now, I'll have to save my pretty pennies till spring time next year or early summer....Great work again and keep doing what your doing...

I dunno why everyone is fighting over how much power this exhaust makes, I mean at the very least, I'm pretty sure it's on par with all other competitors, and the price range is pretty much the same. I am in for the looks/power/ sound/ exclusivity. I am going to be the first in MA to have this, so I'm pretty amped. Man I can't wait .
yo Bayamon when you get this we def got to hook up cuz I want this for my Type-S, but don't know if I will be in this first set of batches being sent(wish I was), but yeah that will look and sound amazing, so when you do get this and install def let me know....
Old 07-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BostonSilverTypeS
Richie,
Again amazing stuff, glad I waited to get a catback once I heard you was working on something, Now here is my question to you. Any chance I can get some discount since I recently bought some goodies from you beginning of this year...I got the V2PCD's,V2 J-pipe(wish it was V3 J-pipe)and test pipe from you.. If so please get back at me thru here or PM me with price and detail and I would def drop that $200 deposit of course I'd like my tips stealthy Black....either way If I can't get it now, I'll have to save my pretty pennies till spring time next year or early summer....Great work again and keep doing what your doing...

yo Bayamon when you get this we def got to hook up cuz I want this for my Type-S, but don't know if I will be in this first set of batches being sent(wish I was), but yeah that will look and sound amazing, so when you do get this and install def let me know....
YUP when you get it lets get a minimeet in the BTown area!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Veni, vidi, vici

Originally Posted by HokAy
YUP when you get it lets get a minimeet in the BTown area!
DEFENITLY!! I wish I had the type-s though, it would have been rediculous! but the first batch will be sent around the end of August, so we're going to have to pick a good location to meet. We gotta go to a place where the city skyline is visible!!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Middle Finger anyone?

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by n3o
Let's leave McFly out of this.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I've been lurking in this thread for a few days now and wanted to chime in about the tips. If I had to vote, the angle cut of the stock type s tips are damn sexy. I would prefer polished stainless over the blue tips (I have an '07 kbp) too. I'm very interested and waiting for the tip revision(s) before getting on board. Hella sweet power gains though!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Former Sponsor

SOOOO anyways.... So Richie, are you going to laser engrave your logo/signature on the titanium heated tips like how ATLP and Greddy do their signature's? or slap on a badge? I think slaping on the badge might affect the way the look of the heat treatment might look. I think it should be either laser engraved or just leave it badgeless.

Also a sticker would be nice, for 50whp more lol
Yes, I am definitely going to use some type of laser or chemical etch. It is much cleaner and there is no way of welding titanium to stainless.

Richie,

Once they are in stock send me a PM and we can work out a deal.

Originally Posted by Titanium2k2
I've been lurking in this thread for a few days now and wanted to chime in about the tips. If I had to vote, the angle cut of the stock type s tips are damn sexy. I would prefer polished stainless over the blue tips (I have an '07 kbp) too. I'm very interested and waiting for the tip revision(s) before getting on board. Hella sweet power gains though!
I know the burned coating can be removed I will see about having some tips made in stainless.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AtlM5
I am understanding that. An average can NOT be higher than the highest gain unless they are measuring averages a different way. By your logic this exhuast and j pipe, which are bosting hp throughout the powerband by around 20, would have an average of 20 not 50.

I'm just curious as to where this number comes from. Still not understanding how an average can be higher than peak unless your adding gains at different points together to get the average. Maybe someone can enlighten me?
Old 07-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
kool i'll be sure to do that, thanks in advance Richie
Old 07-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Chapter Leader (Central Florida)

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I am understanding that. An average can NOT be higher than the highest gain unless they are measuring averages a different way. By your logic this exhuast and j pipe, which are bosting hp throughout the powerband by around 20, would have an average of 20 not 50.

I'm just curious as to where this number comes from. Still not understanding how an average can be higher than peak unless your adding gains at different points together to get the average. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Peak horsepower means exactly that - The highest point. So if a car made 200 peak horsepower before a mod, and 220 after, then it gained 20 peak HP.

However average gain looks at the entire rev range. If at 4000 RPM you were at 160 hp and now youre at 200, then you gained 40 hp in the mid range, and the average is the mean gain through the mid range.

Performance should make power through the entire rev range, as these do, because that is where you spend all of your time! Youre only at that "peak" hp mark for a few tenths before you shift. Average HP is much more important, espically for a street car.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Intermediate

I am very excited about the gains lower in the powerband. I don't need peak horsepower because I'm not a drag racer. This is why I am so interested in this combo.

What I do not understand (and maybe I'm reading the dyno graph wrong) is how the average can be higher than the peak. Looking at the graphs I see that the second run with the modifications moves the graph up around 20hp consistantly throughout the powerband. Basic math tells us that 18 + 20 +18 + 20 =76 and 76/4=19 which is the average in this situation. If these 4 numbers represent power gained at different RPMs then the average should by 19.

If this set up gives you 20 hp throughout the powerband 9which it appears it does based on the graphs) than I do not see how the average would be higher than the highest point unless the calculations are done a difffernt way.

Richie: I'm not trying to muddle up this thread and I am as excited as everyone else to see your new product. I just want to understand exactly what I'm getting for $1500
Old 07-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Please read my explanation on the bottom of page four.

I think you are confused we are finding the difference of 2 dynos averages to calculate a average gain. You are correct a average can not be higher then a peak.

Again the average numbers are only there to compare the V3 jpipe + exhaust and exhaust only.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
The average GAIN can be higher than the peak gain...that just means that for instance(example)

the car gained 30hp over stock at 3000rpms (160 to 190) then at 5000rpms it made 15hp over stock (215 to 230) but at 6800rpms the car only gained 2hp over stock (260 to 262).

If we used these points as our only 3 data points(not right but its just proving my point) the average gain would be 30+15+2 = 47/3 = 15.67...that is the average gain throughout the powerband while the peak gain is still just 2.

This makes the average gain higher than the peak gain, however the peak gain would still be the highest hp the car makes. This is the same technique the dyno program uses except it is most likely using a linear regression analisys or something to figure out the average of the graph as it is not linear data. I could probably draw a graph to help you out but this is as far as I'm goin...too lazy. If you still dont get it, sorry.

Also, its good that the exhaust makes more average hp because that means that it makes power all throughout the powerband not just on the highend like many v6 mods.

Last edited by AtlM5; 07-22-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Quick Reply: RV6 True Dual Exhaust for '04-'08 TL. Accepting deposits now