Rooster415's Build Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
FOR ALL DIETERS, Just say "NO" to a relocated batery.

Relocating battery and Diet do NOT mix.

Relocated battery requires a LOT of HEAVY cable.

Plus, a relocated battery must be a bigger size to negate the added wire resistance from being in the trunk.

For what purpose? Handling? I think NOT. With the diet, there is no reason for cheap tricks like relocating the battery. Once the weight is off of the car, you will have hyper handling and you will NOT be wanting any more responsiveness than you got. Ever driven a go-kart? Yes, my car steers nearly like a go-kart where the slightest twitch is immediately translated into movement.

Plus, that weight is more desirable over the front wheels for drag racing traction.

Last edited by Inaccurate; 04-29-2012 at 09:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (04-30-2012)
Old 04-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Inaccurate
Do you drive the car daily? Just curious since you mention the thing about weekends.

How did things go with the sound barrier?
yes my car is my daily driver everyday

sound barrier didnt get to it. ended up just removing the seat belts today and a couple of under car plastic pieces and damn you guys were right the belts are heavy as hell

Originally Posted by r3devi7
You guys are all nuts ditching the rear seats! I love how the car looks though. I personally think you should bump the "lightweight wheels" up on the list. Heart the A Specs, but so easy to score some used Rpf1 or similar. Oh and ICHIGO! Love Bleach.
thats why innacurate says this diet is not for EVERYONE innac,swoosh,and i and many others go to these measures because we want the full potential of our cars regardless of what people say about our interior

i love my aspecs too i didnt like it until i lowered my car on springs. im probably going to get some light weight rims to later down the road

Originally Posted by thisaznboi88
Ban kai!!
lols

Originally Posted by justnspace
relocate the battery or get light weight batt!!
will be ordering the braille battery soon

FOR ALL DIETERS, Just say "NO" to a relocated batery.

Relocating battery and Diet do NOT mix.

Relocated battery requires a LOT of HEAVY cable.

Plus, a relocated battery must be a bigger size to negate the added wire resistance from being in the trunk.

For what purpose? Handling? I think NOT. With the diet, there is no reason for cheap tricks like relocating the battery. Once the weight is off of the car, you will have hyper handling and you will NOT be wanting any more responsiveness than you got. Ever driven a go-kart? Yes, my car steers nearly like a go-kart where the slightest twitch is immediately translated into movement.

Plus, that weight is more desirable over the front wheels for drag racing traction.
yes that is exactly what i feel my car turns and switches lane with the slightest movement now. i told my girl to hold the wheel because i was taking off my jacket while i was coming to a stop ( never doing this again super dangerous ) she sneezed and tilted the steering wheel a bit and my car was in the next lane over already . lesson learned!

but with the weight off i feel my suspension mod plans will be coming sooner than what i have planned as when i pass 100 mph my car is like lifting off the floor feels good and scary at the same time.
The following 2 users liked this post by rooster415:
Inaccurate (04-29-2012), justnspace (04-30-2012)
Old 04-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Banned

For those with wifey obstacles to the diet, tell the wife how much better gas mileage you will be getting. Women love the idea of saving money. Also mention how much enjoyment you will be getting but the diet doesn't cost any money.
i let my girl read this post and shes laughing
Inaccurate (04-29-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
inacc, you're the bomb!
Inaccurate (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 08:02 AM
Safety Car

justn, you're the best!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:28 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
hahaha 2 pages already

thats awesome rooster !!! and thanks for including me in the credits.....when i see my name next to inaccurate i feel proud of myself

and yeah the plan looks awesome....lets get this done
Inaccurate (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swoosh
hahaha 2 pages already

thats awesome rooster !!! and thanks for including me in the credits.....when i see my name next to inaccurate i feel proud of myself

and yeah the plan looks awesome....lets get this done
damn right
Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Banned

so as you guys all saw the junk that was in my gf's garage her parents were kind of all whatever about my stuff being there. so today i loaded all my crap in the morning before work. and my first thought when i hit the freeway was. wtf ? do i have a sumo wrestler in the trunk? it felt so heavy lols. this is only about a week or 2 after the diet. the car feels like a boat again. so guys if anyone wants to know if the diet works let me tell you guys again it works!. you probably wont notice if you diet a little by a little but i had a full load in my car. and nothing after i dropped off my stuff at my own house. and acceleration is back and easy braking is back. too bad no one has picked a race with me since the diet need to go out with my girl more people seem to pick on me when im with my girl
Inaccurate (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Banned

so should i get the unorthodox racing stock sized underdrive pulley or the xlr8 ?
will be buying the above for sure but which one ?

and should i get the outlaw engineering thermoblock spacer kit or should i get the xlr8 torque damper or should i get xlr8 engine mounts?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Safety Car

Get the UR *undersize* pulley. With the diet, every little bit of power is magnified. You don't have a big stereo anymore so no worry with the underdrive pulley. I have had my underdrive UR for over 5 years... not a single problem.

Get the Outlaw. Do the UCM. Having the weight off is one thing, but don't take the other stuff for granted. Watch my video. Watch how hard and quickly I stopped his pulled. And remember this is a 4.6 sec 0-60 mph competition. You need your engine to be as responsive as possible. What you hear in my video is not just weight lose. You are hearing the super responsiveness of my engine that I have been working on for the past 5 years.

You have a great start. Please don't do like others and diverge from my blueprint. Follow what I have done. You are my last hope buddy. I am so tired of watching others ignore my years of effort. I have documented everything that I have done and I have not held anything back from the forum. All you have to do is follow my footsteps.

I am sorry for sounding arrogant. But, I really want to see someone recreate and enjoy the fruits of my labor. You are my best hope.

BTW - Get the BC Racing coilovers, not Koni's.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Banned

Get the UR *undersize* pulley. With the diet, every little bit of power is magnified. You don't have a big stereo anymore so no worry with the underdrive pulley. I have had my underdrive UR for over 5 years... not a single problem.

Get the Outlaw. Do the UCM. Having the weight off is one thing, but don't take the other stuff for granted. Watch my video. Watch how hard and quickly I stopped his pulled. And remember this is a 4.6 sec 0-60 mph competition. You need your engine to be as responsive as possible. What you hear in my video is not just weight lose. You are hearing the super responsiveness of my engine that I have been working on for the past 5 years.

You have a great start. Please don't do like others and diverge from my blueprint. Follow what I have done. You are my last hope buddy. I am so tired of watching others ignore my years of effort. I have documented everything that I have done and I have not held anything back from the forum. All you have to do is follow my footsteps.

I am sorry for sounding arrogant. But, I really want to see someone recreate and enjoy the fruits of my labor. You are my best hope.

i will NOT let you down
so i am buying this one then ? http://www.heeltoeauto.com/unorthodo...020611402.html

does it require new belt?
Inaccurate (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 11:27 PM

^very quick learner.
Inaccurate (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Safety Car

That is the correct pulley, PN# 020611402.

Another belt will be needed. You need a belt that is 82.5 inches long. I used Gates K060820 (82-1/2" or 2095 mm). The NAPA Part# 060820 Micro-V will also work. Basically anything that is 82.5" long will work. But, I prefer the Gates brand.
rooster415 (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 11:38 PM
Banned

That is the correct pulley, PN# 020611402.

Another belt will be needed. You need a belt that is 82.5 inches long. I used Gates K060820 (82-1/2" or 2095 mm). The NAPA Part# 060820 Micro-V will also work. Basically anything that is 82.5" long will work. But, I prefer the Gates brand.
thanks!! will be ordering the pulley . soon. hopefully i can sell the yellow top , order the braille and have money to order some more part and more dieting !
Inaccurate (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 11:49 PM
Banned

i just remember before i buy anything else. i need to change my cai filter. it is filthy like its clogged.... i have a fujita cai. so im wondering which filter i should get. should i just buy these off ebay or somewhere cheaper?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUJITA-4-5-S...ht_2413wt_1139

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUJITA-3-5-S...ht_2483wt_1176

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fujita-Super...#ht_500wt_1193

which size should i buy ?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:58 AM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
clean it?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:51 AM

Nelson and Inaccurate....I have to kinda disagree on the underdrive pulley....Tim, you might have not had a problem with the underdrive pulley but people on the TSX side have reported problems after couple months of usage.....

the diet I am on....i would suggest considering the longevity of fun as well....

I will only get the underdrive if and only if, I delete the AC and all other electrical components on the car hence the car is only underdriving the power steering.....

well these are my
Old 05-01-2012, 10:02 AM
ReDevil

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
^^ So did Justin get your IM and TB? I clicked your sale thread in your sig.

Originally Posted by rooster415
i just remember before i buy anything else. i need to change my cai filter. it is filthy like its clogged.... i have a fujita cai. so im wondering which filter i should get. should i just buy these off ebay or somewhere cheaper?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUJITA-4-5-S...ht_2413wt_1139

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUJITA-3-5-S...ht_2483wt_1176

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fujita-Super...#ht_500wt_1193

which size should i buy ?
What size is the flange/opening on the end of the intake? Probably 3" or 3.5" I have an Injen dryflow 3.5" flange filter I bought by mistake(needed 3" for my tsx) that was $55 and is very nice lol
Old 05-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Safety Car

Regarding the under drive pulley.... it has been used on the J32 long before any of us was on Acurazine. Never a problem.

Furthermore, racing ain't about being timid and careful. If stuff like the under drive pulley scares a person, they have no business trying to make a quick car. You ain't gonna whip ass by being scared and timid.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:49 AM

Ryan: Yes Justn practically got the full setup....Bored TB, pnp manifold and pnp runners...
Tim: Yes its not about being timid but that doesnt mean you race without your front windshield....i was just pointing out what some have gone thro....am not trying to belittle your work here i love you....we all do <3 ....but am about taking calculated risk....i just dont wanna put an underdrive and ruin something (not that i will), but am not willing to take that risk

Last edited by swoosh; 05-01-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Banned

Nelson and Inaccurate....I have to kinda disagree on the underdrive pulley....Tim, you might have not had a problem with the underdrive pulley but people on the TSX side have reported problems after couple months of usage.....

the diet I am on....i would suggest considering the longevity of fun as well....

I will only get the underdrive if and only if, I delete the AC and all other electrical components on the car hence the car is only underdriving the power steering.....

well these are my
so what else does the underdrive pulley underdrive? because im plannign on removing the ac anyway never gets hot enough to turn on the ac in san francisco.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Banned

clean it?
its actually so dirty and so clogged i cant clean it lols took an air compressor tried to blow out the dust and got nothing
Old 05-01-2012, 07:46 PM
spends his lunch $ on his

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
i had the underdrive pulley on my car for almost a year before i supercharged it and had no problems. I also used the ac plenty on trips to vegas during the summer.

rooster: the underdrive pulley under drives accessories such as the ac
rooster415 (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 07:53 PM

AC, Power Steering, Battery (electricals like alternator) are all being underdriven....

if you delete the AC and do not have any/many electrical systems like radio/speakers/CD player/etc you can try going that route....

again i just put in a word of caution.....some use the under-drive and never have a problem and some have a problem even with the regular pulley.....

plus words of caution from my friend Tim (Inaccurate) which he posted couple weeks back either on my thread or on of the the PM's we had going on were: do not delete the AC...

hence I still have my AC....I know villo has his ac deleted with an under drive pulley and is running a 69.5" belt (again dont quote me on this).....

btw the folk on the accord forum mentioned this....on the dyno, if they took off the serpentine belt, they car gained 6-7whp over the range of the curve....am not giving out any ideas but just mentioning....
rooster415 (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Banned

AC, Power Steering, Battery (electricals like alternator) are all being underdriven....

if you delete the AC and do not have any/many electrical systems like radio/speakers/CD player/etc you can try going that route....

again i just put in a word of caution.....some use the under-drive and never have a problem and some have a problem even with the regular pulley.....

plus words of caution from my friend Tim (Inaccurate) which he posted couple weeks back either on my thread or on of the the PM's we had going on were: do not delete the AC...

hence I still have my AC....I know villo has his ac deleted with an under drive pulley and is running a 69.5" belt (again dont quote me on this).....

btw the folk on the accord forum mentioned this....on the dyno, if they took off the serpentine belt, they car gained 6-7whp over the range of the curve....am not giving out any ideas but just mentioning....
i will take that into consideration thanks !.well even if keep the ac on i dont ever use it . so im going to TRY the under drive if there's nothing wrong keep it if not imma get the stock one !
Old 05-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Safety Car

I live in Houston. Hot and humid. 104+ summer days with the sun beating down and my car has no insulation (no carpet, no headliner,etc.) . Nothing but hot metal surfaces all around me. My UR Underdrive pulley pumps out pleanty of cold air.

Fear mongering

Last edited by Inaccurate; 05-01-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Banned

lol so my cai filter which one should i get ? what size? does brand matter? where is cheaper?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
AEM Dry flow. It doesn't have oil and its so much easier to clean. I just dip it in water and baby soap. churn churn churn. Tada! clean.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts
yeah thats right! that vid is for ya boys on the forums! reconize

PS try different intakes when you dyno. Some perform differnt depending on what mods you have. a friend of mine dyno his gsr teggy last week and got 10 more hp when they took his aftermarket CAI off and fitted with with a custom shortram intake. it was totally unexpected

Last edited by Fatfrii; 05-02-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:57 AM

I live in Houston. Hot and humid. 104+ summer days with the sun beating down and my car has no insulation (no carpet, no headliner,etc.) . Nothing but hot metal surfaces all around me. My UR Underdrive pulley pumps out pleanty of cold air.

Fear mongering
Sigh.
Please, dont remind me of the heat.
Swoosh did get a taste of our Texas sun, last year!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:41 AM

^^^ hell yeah.....in that heat we (wifey and I) made a decision...."we are not moving to Texas" LOL....

but yeah am thinking of deleting the AC....lets see....
Old 05-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
lol so my cai filter which one should i get ? what size? does brand matter? where is cheaper?
Don't know about filter pricing or what ones fit your CAI, but I would think a bigger filter is better right? More surface area = more filtration and higher flow, so buy the biggest one that fits your intake.
If you spend more on the bigger one and don't see any performance gains, at least it should stay clean a bit longer.
Inaccurate (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by anthracite_ftw
Don't know about filter pricing or what ones fit your CAI, but I would think a bigger filter is better right? More surface area = more filtration and higher flow, so buy the biggest one that fits your intake.
If you spend more on the bigger one and don't see any performance gains, at least it should stay clean a bit longer.

Exactly.

Related Reading -

Oversized CAI Filter (click here)
anthracite_ftw (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 02:24 PM

^^^ THIS !!!

/thread

wait thats not the topic here....Rooster, you might wanna wait on an intake....am planning on doing something and if it works out will suggest you to do the same
Old 05-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Banned

AEM Dry flow. It doesn't have oil and its so much easier to clean. I just dip it in water and baby soap. churn churn churn. Tada! clean.
i will try that

Originally Posted by Fatfrii
yeah thats right! that vid is for ya boys on the forums! reconize

PS try different intakes when you dyno. Some perform differnt depending on what mods you have. a friend of mine dyno his gsr teggy last week and got 10 more hp when they took his aftermarket CAI off and fitted with with a custom shortram intake. it was totally unexpected
i will be dynoing but probably not changing the cai

thanks!

^^^ THIS !!!

/thread

wait thats not the topic here....Rooster, you might wanna wait on an intake....am planning on doing something and if it works out will suggest you to do the same
already have the cai in my car. filter just so dirty i cant stand it anymore but pm me about what you are doing
Old 05-02-2012, 08:35 PM

^rooster, I'm loving no back seat. she pulls hard!
you've motivated me to keep it off!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Banned

Exactly.

Related Reading -

Oversized CAI Filter (click here)
ever had a problem with water yet ? because i live in sf and when it rains it rains gorillas sometimes ! cheap city streets theres always puddles and ponds of water thats why im scared of the over sized.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Banned

thinking about buying one of these bad boys since its probably not raining in sf for another 4 months mind as well then buy a smaller one later on
Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
thinking about buying one of these bad boys since its probably not raining in sf for another 4 months mind as well then buy a smaller one later on
If you're running the same CAI either way, the small filter wouldn't be any more safe (with regards to hydrolocking) than the big one. Sure the big filter will get wet first, but it shouldn't start sucking in water until it's fully submerged.
This won't happen until the water is up to the intake piping, which is at the same height regardless of filter.
The following 2 users liked this post by anthracite_ftw:
Inaccurate (05-02-2012), rooster415 (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by justnspace
^rooster, I'm loving no back seat. she pulls hard!
you've motivated me to keep it off!
thats good but i must warn you your going to want more ! lols. do you still have your trunk ? once thats removed your spare and everything it feels better. then move onto your speakers. door panels and it goes on and on and on lols. this weekend my wifes got work so im having 1 whole entire day without any distractions

If you're running the same CAI either way, the small filter wouldn't be any more safe (with regards to hydrolocking) than the big one. Sure the big filter will get wet first, but it shouldn't start sucking in water until it's fully submerged.
This won't happen until the water is up to the intake piping, which is at the same height regardless of filter.
thanks! so i probabbly just get the big one then

Quick Reply: Rooster415's Build Thread.