Import and Domestic owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by varanelli
Ditto.
Here too!
Old 05-08-2006, 11:24 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
These people have not stated that they are releasing anything whatsoever yet....have some patience people....starting to sound like a bunch of teenagers that NOBODY is going to want to deal with. Ease up a bit......

Trust me.....they have a good marketing dept...when they are ready to release something for us...they will let us know I am sure! Till then....info is great...but stop acting like school kids and blasting the guy with too many questions....and for gods sake....dont argue with him! The guy says dont change the thermostat and fan switch....I would listen to him man......cause they know better than the average type tuner.....
Old 05-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm showning some interest if the torque can be increased some.......I'm happy with my top end and all I just want a more peppy jump!

Sign me up if you can do this hondata!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
is there any aftercoolers/intercoolers for the TL comptech SC?

anyone using water injection to cool things down?
Old 05-08-2006, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by DeadLock
is there any aftercoolers/intercoolers for the TL comptech SC?

anyone using water injection to cool things down?
No intercoolers or aftercoolers made for our car. Im getting the water/methanol installed this week. Ill let everyone know the details of it.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:25 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by againstallodds1
No intercoolers or aftercoolers made for our car. Im getting the water/methanol installed this week. Ill let everyone know the details of it.
should be interesting!!
Old 05-08-2006, 03:58 PM
300whp 237wtrq

I'm excited for you

I got an appointment to install the blower on the 16th.

I'm getting the car dynoed with intake, Pro-cats, exhaust, pulley's this saturday.

then once the blower is on, i'm gonna get another dyno.

I hope the water/methanol injectors work!
Old 05-08-2006, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by MugenR
I'm excited for you

I got an appointment to install the blower on the 16th.

I'm getting the car dynoed with intake, Pro-cats, exhaust, pulley's this saturday.

then once the blower is on, i'm gonna get another dyno.

I hope the water/methanol injectors work!
http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hppaultl1ic.jpg
http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?im...qpaultl5qb.jpg
These are my dyno before and after Procats with the same mods as you.
I am really hoping that there will be a difference with the water injection kit.
Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
These people have not stated that they are releasing anything whatsoever yet....have some patience people....starting to sound like a bunch of teenagers that NOBODY is going to want to deal with. Ease up a bit......

Trust me.....they have a good marketing dept...when they are ready to release something for us...they will let us know I am sure! Till then....info is great...but stop acting like school kids and blasting the guy with too many questions....and for gods sake....dont argue with him! The guy says dont change the thermostat and fan switch....I would listen to him man......cause they know better than the average type tuner.....
Cupcake,

Wow....who died and made you king? I am in Phoenix. It is hot here. Thermostat and fan switch are good here.....your statements are too blanketed.

-Lee
Old 05-09-2006, 04:15 AM
300whp 237wtrq

http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hppaultl1ic.jpg
http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?im...qpaultl5qb.jpg
These are my dyno before and after Procats with the same mods as you.
I am really hoping that there will be a difference with the water injection kit.
Sorry for hijacking the thread.

awesome! thanks.. can't wait!
Old 05-09-2006, 08:31 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by asu_lee
Cupcake,

Wow....who died and made you king? I am in Phoenix. It is hot here. Thermostat and fan switch are good here.....your statements are too blanketed.

-Lee
Gee ASU_LEE......guess when you have a history of more than five posts here on AZ you can see these things coming........basically what it is big guy is this.......bug the shit out of Hondata...and watch em go to another project and leave this one to the teenagers? Get a clue. What I have seen is this (confirmed also....so not sure where you come off with your HUGE history around here) these kids will bug the shit out of the vendor calling over and over and over asking for the same thing until the vendor basically wishes that they never had started messing with the project to begin with. It all comes down to the basic premise of "loose lips sink ships"....and I dont know if Hondata told these people to come here and post about their results and possible impending developments or not...but given the vain the information was given...I would say not. They are in testing and development stages.

As for my statements.....they are not my statements dude....they are Hondata statements. So argue with them all you want....but this again...only leads back to my original line of thought? Why argue with people that FAR out-qualify you or I in skills and know-how.....Hondata knows their shit! BUT....listen to YOU and you are gonna have all these kids that dont know any better installing these parts on their car say...oh....in New York or Philadelphia......then my esteemed thinking friend....they are gonna have problems! Soooooo.....who died and made YOU boss at a whole five post history around here?? I mean shit dude....you come around here with a whole five posts behind you and start to go against what an established national vendor states as fact...?
Old 05-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Sec's Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cupcake,

-Lee
What he said.......................................

And your tires are ugly too!
Old 05-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
asu_lee - Mike's our next mod, so get over it.

Mike - come on man, you've got to ignore these poofs. While I love reading your tirades (maybe a little strong nowadays), they get these guys all worked up and we get pages upon pages of bickering. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you and you're right 110%, the kiddies will call vendors 10 times a day 7 days a week...we're in the instant gratification generation, man (you're old, you wouldn't get it)...but is it worth it? I know you and quite a few others are interested in this and a few other things, but if the kiddies want to piss in their cornflakes, let them...they've got to learn some day.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by chill_dog

Mike - come on man, you've got to ignore these poofs. While I love reading your tirades (maybe a little strong nowadays), they get these guys all worked up and we get pages upon pages of bickering. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you and you're right 110%, the kiddies will call vendors 10 times a day 7 days a week...we're in the instant gratification generation, man (you're old, you wouldn't get it)...but is it worth it? I know you and quite a few others are interested in this and a few other things, but if the kiddies want to piss in their cornflakes, let them...they've got to learn some day.
Another vote for Michael Benz for Moderator! He puts some dedication in his posts. I mean he has a whole section in the 3rd Gen garage. That shows me he is definately capable for moderator.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Instructor

Im def. in if their some noticable gains. Im gone for a few and something new pops in awesome!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
the tstat and fan switch had proven gains on the j32a2. you can't argue that.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:30 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
I dont think Hondata is concerned about finding a demand for their product. I think they are more concerned with the gains they are getting from the ECU work. I bet there are minimum performance gains that they are expecting, and if not attained then I seriously doubt the reflash will be marketed. If there are minimal gains the entire project might not be worth it. They are still experimenting and working on the ECU...leave it at that until we hear otherwise.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:07 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Thanks! Much appreciated! Ya....your right too.....lol. But unfortunately when they piss in their wheaties.....they piss in our wheaties too if the vendor moves on to other things. You are completely right though....and thanks to both you and AgainstAllOdds for the vote for the next moderatorship!

And sorry if I ruffled a few feathers here and there......but heck guys....think about what you could be doing to the project? Thats all I am saying.....

Thanks again Chill_Dog and AgainstAllOdds!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:08 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by streese

Ya....but they are round and roll like a mutha!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Oops, sorry, let me fix that...

I know you and quite a few others are interested in this and a few other things, but if the kiddies want to piss in their Life cereal , let them...they've got to learn some day.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Advanced

Gee ASU_LEE......guess when you have a history of more than five posts here on AZ you can see these things coming........basically what it is big guy is this.......bug the shit out of Hondata...and watch em go to another project and leave this one to the teenagers? Get a clue. What I have seen is this (confirmed also....so not sure where you come off with your HUGE history around here) these kids will bug the shit out of the vendor calling over and over and over asking for the same thing until the vendor basically wishes that they never had started messing with the project to begin with. It all comes down to the basic premise of "loose lips sink ships"....and I dont know if Hondata told these people to come here and post about their results and possible impending developments or not...but given the vain the information was given...I would say not. They are in testing and development stages.

As for my statements.....they are not my statements dude....they are Hondata statements. So argue with them all you want....but this again...only leads back to my original line of thought? Why argue with people that FAR out-qualify you or I in skills and know-how.....Hondata knows their shit! BUT....listen to YOU and you are gonna have all these kids that dont know any better installing these parts on their car say...oh....in New York or Philadelphia......then my esteemed thinking friend....they are gonna have problems! Soooooo.....who died and made YOU boss at a whole five post history around here?? I mean shit dude....you come around here with a whole five posts behind you and start to go against what an established national vendor states as fact...?

This is quite the pathetic post. So my number of posts somehow correlates to my knowledge. Well my "knowledge" will now be posting minimally. Way to accept the new guy with open arms. I'm disappointed with the moderators here already. Free thinking is not allowed?

Next, I never discussed calling hondata I was talking about the fan switch and thermostat in phoenix. (Maybe you weren't reading for content).

Finally, this is all about product buzz. Talking about a product leads to sales. Not sure if you ever took Marketing 100 in college but they covered that there. Or maybe it was Marketing 300 and you never got that far. In either case, I can tell you education is not very strong.

-Lee

Ps....those ugly tires are Bridgestone re050s same tires found on the Ferrari Enzo. The rims are forged work emotions(very rare racing rims). Good call slappy.

I can see Road Rage hasn't been here in a while. (Glenn is a friend of mine). I can now see why.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CleanCL
the tstat and fan switch had proven gains on the j32a2. you can't argue that.

No you really can't argue that.
-Lee
Old 05-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Advanced

I am eagerly awaiting a witty and well constructed retort, AND yes I am still at only 8 posts. 3x at 8 posts on this page....but 8 none the less.
-Lee
Old 05-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am eagerly awaiting a witty and well constructed retort, AND yes I am still at only 8 posts. 3x at 8 posts on this page....but 8 none the less.
-Lee
Here we go again. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
-Lee
I'm just not sure where your anger and animosity is coming from? You're the one that comes in this thread calling some "cupcake", and you don't expect someone to have a witty comeback for you?

This is a forum for learning and sharing experiences not starting arguments.

I was a Marketing Major and I'm pretty sure that hondata started the "Promotion" componet of marketing strategy too early if they are not ready to accept calls. I'm sure they could have independently found a TL to test on without coming to the forums to announce a test; and then expect people not to call inquiring about the flash.

Either way......just chill out and lets keep the thread on topic
Old 05-09-2006, 06:27 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

This is quite the pathetic post. So my number of posts somehow correlates to my knowledge. Well my "knowledge" will now be posting minimally. Way to accept the new guy with open arms. I'm disappointed with the moderators here already. Free thinking is not allowed?

Ps....those ugly tires are Bridgestone re050s same tires found on the Ferrari Enzo. The rims are forged work emotions(very rare racing rims). Good call slappy.

I can see Road Rage hasn't been here in a while. (Glenn is a friend of mine). I can now see why.
#1 - No problem! Sounds like we would all be better off anyway if you did just stay away given your tone at less than 10 posts. And as for your "way to welcome the new guy" statement....well....two sides to that one my friend.....way to come out of the bag swinging....lol. Ease up my friend....its not all what you are attempting to make it into....and not everything in this post is/was/or ever will be speaking directly at you?

#2 - I dont know what the heck you are talking about with the tire thing....that must have been somebody else you are talking to here? I dont believe I have said your tires are ugly that I remember....? Ugly tires? They are all black and round man....? So not sure what you are talking about there...

#3 - As for sales and marketing....not even gonna get into that discussion with you. Trust me....I am well qualified and versed on the subject.....a matter of fact....certified in the same respect.

AND as for the post......I dont hear anybody telling you not to post buddy....just somebody who is overly sensitive to the suggestion that people not bug Hondata with undue calls.....as if EVERYTHING in the thread is talking directly to you or something? As Cartman says....YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAY....lol.....for which I have none more than you my friend.....so ease back in your lawnchair and get a beer and get over it already! Nobody is telling you not to post....just that if you want to argue....its not hard to find one? And I am not sure why you state you are disappointed in the mods around here.....sounds like somebody with an OLD AXE TO GRIND TO ME!
Old 05-09-2006, 06:34 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by lembowski
I'm just not sure where your anger and animosity is coming from? You're the one that comes in this thread calling some "cupcake", and you don't expect someone to have a witty comeback for you?

I was a Marketing Major and I'm pretty sure that hondata started the "Promotion" componet of marketing strategy too early if they are not ready to accept calls. I'm sure they could have independently found a TL to test on without coming to the forums to announce a test; and then expect people not to call inquiring about the flash.

Good point Lembowski!! And I would also agree with your statement....

hondata started the "Promotion" componet of marketing strategy too early if they are not ready to accept calls. I'm sure they could have independently found a TL to test on without coming to the forums to announce a test; and then expect people not to call inquiring about the flash.

But my premise is this....that Hondata didnt count on this person or these persons to leak info that they didnt want out....hense the request to keep it on the down-low from the get-go. People are frankly...only doing these people who leaked the info, a disservice by calling them as they confided the information to us here....which may or may not have been the smartest thing to do....but I am sure was not their plan.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:48 PM
321 whp SAE

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where are all the moderators NOW!!
Old 05-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah I heard Road Rage was tired of everyone arguing with him.Its really too bad cause he has serious knowledge(plus a lot of posts lol)
Old 05-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Sec's Expert

Ok so its obvious you need a quaalude or 10. I was totally joking. I'm sorry I'm not a baller like you. I guess I don't understand why you would stick Bridgestone re050s (same tires found on the Ferrari Enzo) and the work emotions (very rare racing rims) on a 258HP four door sedan. But whatever makes you feel manly. Oh, and its Mr. Slappy to you junior.

Oh, and its marketing 101, not marketing 100. Next time you are FNG, don't expect respect, earn it.

Sorry for the off topic.

PS: The tires are still ugly...........
Old 05-09-2006, 08:00 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where are all the moderators NOW!!
In fact....if there were something to moderate here....they would chime in, trust me! Up to now...it has just been a lot of people talking harmless smack.

Back to the topic at hand.....I am sure Hondata will come out with something for our cars if they discover the gains they are looking for, as previously mentioned. Till then...lets just cross our fingers and hope for the best!!!

I am sure something is gonna happen in good time though....positive thinking!!
Old 05-09-2006, 08:17 PM

:gheyfight:
Old 05-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Advanced

Ok so its obvious you need a quaalude or 10. I was totally joking. I'm sorry I'm not a baller like you. I guess I don't understand why you would stick Bridgestone re050s (same tires found on the Ferrari Enzo) and the work emotions (very rare racing rims) on a 258HP four door sedan. But whatever makes you feel manly. Oh, and its Mr. Slappy to you junior.

Oh, and its marketing 101, not marketing 100. Next time you are FNG, don't expect respect, earn it.

Sorry for the off topic.

PS: The tires are still ugly...........

Dude, That is an s2000 in my avatar. Did I ever say I was putting re050s on a TL? Nope you did. And I am the FNG? WOW!
-Lee
Old 05-09-2006, 09:13 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

:gheyfight:

Man....I think you said it best.....with a side of....

Old 05-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by lembowski

The post wasn't witty at all.....I was accused of promoting something that I never wrote after correcting a statement that is untrue.
-Lee
Old 05-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Advanced

#1 - No problem! Sounds like we would all be better off anyway if you did just stay away given your tone at less than 10 posts. And as for your "way to welcome the new guy" statement....well....two sides to that one my friend.....way to come out of the bag swinging....lol. Ease up my friend....its not all what you are attempting to make it into....and not everything in this post is/was/or ever will be speaking directly at you?

#2 - I dont know what the heck you are talking about with the tire thing....that must have been somebody else you are talking to here? I dont believe I have said your tires are ugly that I remember....? Ugly tires? They are all black and round man....? So not sure what you are talking about there...

#3 - As for sales and marketing....not even gonna get into that discussion with you. Trust me....I am well qualified and versed on the subject.....a matter of fact....certified in the same respect.

AND as for the post......I dont hear anybody telling you not to post buddy....just somebody who is overly sensitive to the suggestion that people not bug Hondata with undue calls.....as if EVERYTHING in the thread is talking directly to you or something? As Cartman says....YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAY....lol.....for which I have none more than you my friend.....so ease back in your lawnchair and get a beer and get over it already! Nobody is telling you not to post....just that if you want to argue....its not hard to find one? And I am not sure why you state you are disappointed in the mods around here.....sounds like somebody with an OLD AXE TO GRIND TO ME!
You told me not to post as I have only posted 5 times and apparently that is not enough posts to post anything "good". I never said to call hondata you did.

To address #3...I am an Engineer. I'm pretty sure I know I can post about engines. As I wrote code that rides on an engine menagement system. So I know more about that then you do cupcake...

Finally I am a moderator on another board.

XO
-Lee
Old 05-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Sec's Expert

Dude, That is an s2000 in my avatar. Did I ever say I was putting re050s on a TL? Nope you did. And I am the FNG? WOW!
-Lee
Well I must confess, I assumed since this is an ACURA TL forum, and we are all talking about TL's, that you were too. Well, assumption is the mother of all f' ups. I think we now know who the father is........
Old 05-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Advanced

Wait.....so you said this next to my avatar and you were talking about a TL? I'm the moron? Ahhhhh.....I see.

But you bring up a good idea......maybe my re050s will fit on the rims. Time to PMl Jim at tire rack.

Thanks Junior.
-Lee
Old 05-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
In fact....if there were something to moderate here....they would chime in, trust me! Up to now...it has just been a lot of people talking harmless smack.

:
im watching and so far things are being kept in check by the members
Old 05-09-2006, 11:19 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Finally, this is all about product buzz. Talking about a product leads to sales. Not sure if you ever took Marketing 100 in college but they covered that there. Or maybe it was Marketing 300 and you never got that far. In either case, I can tell you education is not very strong.

-Lee

Hey man I think you missed the part about them only going to release it if the gains are what they want. They know there is a demand...having people chime in does nothing one way or the other. This was mentioned several times during the thread.

Quick Reply: Hondata