Old 04-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
those 4.5 universal tip silencers dont fit the greddy evo 2
Old 04-16-2008, 10:00 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
too big or too small?

and did you measure before you ordered cuz I searched the web for the size since I couldn't find a ruler
Old 04-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Instructor

They don't fit in da hole. Its all good just so everyone knows not to buy em. U tried we didn't know trial in eror lol. But seeing all u guys so satisfied made me want to switch exhausts. Can't tell u the difference till Monday. Talk to u then peace
Old 04-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JCL622
god ppl are making this way too confusing.

the only real confusing part should be matching the correct part number from wherever you order from and that of the magnaflow or some other aftermarket product ID.

for those of you confused...just DUCK under the back of your car and look carefully.
the Y looking thing with an extra bar across it, is the factor Y pipe; and if you look at it...it's pretty crappy really.

so if you want to keep stock tips - and retain at least your current HP (minus w/e HP deduction you get from all the extra welding)

you want a 2.5" - dual 2.25" (Y pipe) and you'll need piping to a 2.25/2.25 muffler and then w/e tips you choose to attach to the muffler

trancemission: so the stage 3 i'm talking about is the Aznbo stage 3, 1 resonator delete and 1 resonator replaced with a dynomax one.

blackura is absolutely correct in that sound clips are a terrible way to gauge what the IRL sound is, but nonetheless, it gives somewhat of an idea.

and i would discourage any tinkering with the piping size in the back because mostly w/e you do will just end up having you lose power. too small and it gets choked, too big and it's just not breathing correctly. again what has worked and will continue to work is, 2.5 all the way to end of y pipe where it'll be dual 2.25 and then 2.25 all the way through until tips.

btw i'm scheduled for next week wed most likely; gonna slap on the RSB while the mufflers are all out too

I am not an exhaust expert or anything but simple math will tell you that 2.5 inch diameter gives 32.2 cm^2 of area for fluid flow. So to maintain 32.2 with two seperate pipes

16.1 cm^2 = pi (r^2) , and diameter = 2r, so the diameter needs to be at least approx 1.8 inches. If there is something about fluid mechanics that I am forgetting which I should know then I am wrong. I guess you just dont want the out flow to have a problem seperating when they get to the back pipes since the flow through the 2.5 wont be uniform and if you have 1.8 or 2 inch pipes this could cause back pressure. I dunno. Any thoughts or experts wanna chime in.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:43 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by scotterson
Nope. Some people want the greddy so bad that they swap their 08 rear bumper for an 04-06 bumper.
Originally Posted by stillhere153
"some" you mean me

I've yet to find a bolt on (excludes the comptech s/c) intended for the base that doesn't fit the type s

Me too! Except I got the '07 base A-Spec rear lip:

Just a small review...YES, there is MAJOR drone with this exhaust, all the way up to 2800rpm. It is bad to enough to make your ears ring a bit. Right at 2800, however, the drone goes away, and the tune is very nice. But, if you all didn't know, I am very partial to GReddy. I think it's the best exhaust out there, at least looks wise. I'm very satisfied, though!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:53 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

yea I have been meaning to get the base aspec rear lip LMFAO... just been bs'ing... I will get it eventually... doesn't make me go any faster so why bother right ROFL... I am looking into the catless setup for now
Old 04-22-2008, 12:08 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

What really hurt me was the fact that I had to cut my stock bumper ...but I think the GReddy looks better with the base opening.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:52 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Looking pretty sweet there. Is it me or your right exhaust is hanging a bit lower than your left? I had my Greddy for a month and the sound did mellow out a bit. But the drone is still there around the 2000-3000 rpm.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:09 AM
Instructor

Great pics. Mine looks goood but sounds is louder than what I expected. Hopefully it will go quiter after a while
Old 04-22-2008, 03:54 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

put ur radio at volume 5 <- drone killer

ps. prince.... I know you would've liked to install any aspec... the type s aspec rear requires cutting aswell... just thought you'd like to know
Old 04-22-2008, 09:20 AM
im back

holy shit where have i been sleeping that ATLP exhaust is amazing i now have to buy it
Old 04-22-2008, 10:29 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Hey ed,

Yes, your right. The right side does hang a bit lower. However, it's not as noticeable in person as it is in the pic. We tried our best to mess with the fitment by playing around with the nuts/bolts and wiggling it around, but that's the best we could do. I don't want to mess with it anymore, lol.

Originally Posted by ed99

Looking pretty sweet there. Is it me or your right exhaust is hanging a bit lower than your left? I had my Greddy for a month and the sound did mellow out a bit. But the drone is still there around the 2000-3000 rpm.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:31 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

ps. prince.... I know you would've liked to install any aspec... the type s aspec rear requires cutting aswell... just thought you'd like to know
Yeah Al, I know.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That also works, I've gotten many compliments on my exhaust since I put the resonator in. It sounds the same from the outside, its just quieter on the inside!

Very deep and sporty with the j-pipe/Aero25/Greddy Evo2
FTMFW
Old 04-22-2008, 12:02 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Originally Posted by lembowski
That also works, I've gotten many compliments on my exhaust since I put the resonator in. It sounds the same from the outside, its just quieter on the inside!

Very deep and sporty with the j-pipe/Aero25/Greddy Evo2
FTMFW

With the resonator, do you feel any power difference or flow of the Greddy?

Do you have any clips of how it sounds inside and outside with the resonator on?
Old 04-22-2008, 12:19 PM
The Darker the berry....

Do you have any clips of how it sounds inside and outside with the resonator on?
Lembowski used the AERO25 resonator, I used the stock resonator and I think it did make the car feel a bit less peppy, but still better than stock. It does feel like the car doesn't "breathe" as well as it did with the GReddy straight-pipe but that makes sense since the resonator has got to be doing something with the airflow to kill the drone, so it wasn't unexpected. When I first put the resonator on, I felt the outside sound of the exhaust was more subdued but over the past couple of months, the sound has gotten noticeable better - more bassy, a little gurgle, turns into a beautiful scream at WOT.

As for sound clips, I tried it using my camera but listening to it on the PC I couldn't tell the difference - you'd need a high performance recording device and a good player to recreate it properly.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Trucki!!

just to follow what jetblak said, I didn't feel any decrease.....but I installed the ATLP j-pipe at the same time. For a video, I tried 4 video's and they are all shitty quality. The best way for me to describe it is the sound of the Stage 3 exhaust mod X2. You heard the exhaust from the outside of the car, not the drone from the inside. I still get a slight drone, but it is really really bareable (you have an aftermarket exhaust, and you must expect alittle). I love the sound now! Its deep, throaty, mean sounding to people outside the car; but it sounds like a v8 from the inside.

If you think that this exhaust would be perfect if the drone was reduced by 75%, you need to get a resonator! This makes the car sound agressive and not boomy/drony/annoying
Old 04-23-2008, 02:10 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Damn I am saving for the Greddy!
It looks the best and sounds the best. Quick question though, does adding exhaust put too much strain on the tranny?
Old 04-23-2008, 03:17 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Originally Posted by Blazing GT
Damn I am saving for the Greddy!
It looks the best and sounds the best. Quick question though, does adding exhaust put too much strain on the tranny?
I back you on getting the GReddy. Read my post (#20) on this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178846

To answer your question, no, it doesn't put ANY extra strain on the transmission.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Pro

My greddy evo2vids
outside
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...reddyevo2s.flv
Inside
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...t=MOV00001.flv

sounds more bassy in person, this is by far the best mod I've purchased for my TL.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Racer

Hey Chris,

When is Greddy going to put out another group buy for the EVO 2? I'm sure that we can get at least another 20 people to jump on top of it seeing that Spring has just started! Let us know because I'll put my name on that list too!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 12:03 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Originally Posted by BASISON
Hey Chris,

When is Greddy going to put out another group buy for the EVO 2? I'm sure that we can get at least another 20 people to jump on top of it seeing that Spring has just started! Let us know because I'll put my name on that list too!!!

your best bet would be to get in contact with an authorized greddy dealer... and get a group buy that way... greddy did this 1 time 1 of group buy for the tl owners... they are no longer a vendor on this site...
Old 04-26-2008, 04:09 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Originally Posted by BASISON
Hey Chris,

There is not going to be another GB for the GReddy Evo II anymore. Believe me, lol, I called and tried!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lembowski,
I sent you a pm but can you explain how you set your's up. I'm assuming completely replacing the greddy straight pipe with a custom job using straight pipe and the aero25 resonator (that way I don't ruin the exhaust system if I decide to sell). I love my greddy but I think the constant ringing that I can't seem to get rid of in my ears is more than likely from the drone

Originally Posted by lembowski
just to follow what jetblak said, I didn't feel any decrease.....but I installed the ATLP j-pipe at the same time. For a video, I tried 4 video's and they are all shitty quality. The best way for me to describe it is the sound of the Stage 3 exhaust mod X2. You heard the exhaust from the outside of the car, not the drone from the inside. I still get a slight drone, but it is really really bareable (you have an aftermarket exhaust, and you must expect alittle). I love the sound now! Its deep, throaty, mean sounding to people outside the car; but it sounds like a v8 from the inside.

If you think that this exhaust would be perfect if the drone was reduced by 75%, you need to get a resonator! This makes the car sound agressive and not boomy/drony/annoying
Old 04-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by slimboogie
lembowski,
I sent you a pm but can you explain how you set your's up. I'm assuming completely replacing the greddy straight pipe with a custom job using straight pipe and the aero25 resonator (that way I don't ruin the exhaust system if I decide to sell). I love my greddy but I think the constant ringing that I can't seem to get rid of in my ears is more than likely from the drone
Exactly what I did! retain warranty too
Old 04-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by slimboogie
lembowski,
I might do this mode during the summer and was wondering....

when I go to the exhaust shop, what do i tell them in order to do what you guys did.

and how much should i expect from this mod
Old 04-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Trucki!!

how much what? I paid $75 for them to make a new straight pipe with the Aero 25 in it..............

If your talking about gains, you might loose a pony or 2. but if you can feel that i'd be impressed.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
thread revival
little off topic but does anyone have pics of how a comptech exhaust looks with a type s rear aspec lip?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Intermediate

Just installed the Greddy on mine. Yes, it's extremely loud and a powerful statement, but had it on for five days now and there has been a substantial difference in tone. It's now deeper and the drone has tamed, and will continue to do so. But the sound is SO sexy!!!

I get so many looks it's crazy. I've had several BMW's, a Ferrari and some muscle cars ask to race in the five days I've had it installed.

Between the intake and exhaust combo, I definitely notice increased torque, especially at high rpms.

To answer your question about drop... I dropped mine a couple months ago with an Eibach Pro Kit and Koni Yellows. Everything cleared and I've had no issues with the size of the cans, even in Houston where the pot holes are deeper than the ocean. It doesn't really matter which order you do it. I'd be careful about going much lower than an inch, though, as the y-pipe is substantially lower than the OEM.

Hope you enjoy it! Hit me up if you want anymore details on it!

Later
Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by dssmith
Just installed the Greddy on mine. Yes, it's extremely loud and a powerful statement, but had it on for five days now and there has been a substantial difference in tone. It's now deeper and the drone has tamed, and will continue to do so. But the sound is SO sexy!!!

I get so many looks it's crazy. I've had several BMW's, a Ferrari and some muscle cars ask to race in the five days I've had it installed.

Between the intake and exhaust combo, I definitely notice increased torque, especially at high rpms.

To answer your question about drop... I dropped mine a couple months ago with an Eibach Pro Kit and Koni Yellows. Everything cleared and I've had no issues with the size of the cans, even in Houston where the pot holes are deeper than the ocean. It doesn't really matter which order you do it. I'd be careful about going much lower than an inch, though, as the y-pipe is substantially lower than the OEM.

Hope you enjoy it! Hit me up if you want anymore details on it!

Later
Where did you pick your Greddy up from? With all the rumors about them not producing them anymore, it isn't looking good
Old 04-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Intermediate

Ordered it from Greddy directly. They had the last shipment (only 10 I think) arrive a few weeks ago. Check their website and see if they have any left.

Good luck!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks, I will probably need it! Now to decide between this and the ATLP base.... this could be difficult.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:14 AM
6th Gear

Thumbs up

+1 to all the Greddy lovers. I personally like louder, more aggressive exhausts being a Gixxer rider. My GSX-R600 has a full Yoshimura exhaust on it and... well... it disturbs the peace. The Greddy is nice, yes there is a little drone which may piss off my neighbors but they can deal with it. Honestly though, I feel the worst drone is on a cold start when the fast idle kicks in at about 1100-1200 rpms. It's just deafening in a single car garage at 6am, lol.

All in all I love my Greddy. To be completely honest I originally wanted the Comptech but wasn't going to wait months for it on back order. Ordered the Greddy and haven't complained.

Exhuasts are pure personal preference, if you like the tone, you like the tone. If you like the bigger tips, you do... The Greddy cans may be huge, but surprisingly they tuck up very nicely and aren't noticeable unless you're two inches tall or laying on the ground!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Wanted to buy a Greddy but couldn't find them anywhere.. so i ended up getting a comptech, and i pretty happy with it. I dont turn heads with noise at all, just the looks
Old 05-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt_T
+1 to all the Greddy lovers. I personally like louder, more aggressive exhausts being a Gixxer rider. My GSX-R600 has a full Yoshimura exhaust on it and... well... it disturbs the peace. The Greddy is nice, yes there is a little drone which may piss off my neighbors but they can deal with it. Honestly though, I feel the worst drone is on a cold start when the fast idle kicks in at about 1100-1200 rpms. It's just deafening in a single car garage at 6am, lol.

All in all I love my Greddy. To be completely honest I originally wanted the Comptech but wasn't going to wait months for it on back order. Ordered the Greddy and haven't complained.

Exhuasts are pure personal preference, if you like the tone, you like the tone. If you like the bigger tips, you do... The Greddy cans may be huge, but surprisingly they tuck up very nicely and aren't noticeable unless you're two inches tall or laying on the ground!

Yea, I installed my greddy about 3 weeks ago and am loving it still. I have only received compliments on the looks + sound also. No one thinks its too loud (especially not me).

The drone is hardly noticeable to me now. Cold starts can be pretty loud though yea... I set off a car alarm starting it in a parking garage.

I have a TINY bit of rasp due to rv6 v3 jpipe but its ONLY at very high rpms so I think it's almost fitting and don't mind it. All in all, a great purchase.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:34 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by FiveLiterCheater
Comptech > Greddy

You have a TL, not a civic.

Well said
Old 10-05-2015, 12:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
Thread revival! You will be hard pressed to find either of these exhaust systems new these days.
Your better off going with our XLR8 or ATLP.