Custom J-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:44 PM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Custom J-Pipe

This is going into my car Friday - 2 1/4" Mendrel bend JPipe.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
hopefully this will help get more power out of the supercharger. I read somewhere here that in FI applications, the TL has a very restrictive J pipr or something of the nature. I would recoomemend getting abefore and after dyno of the the car.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice Keep us updated.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks great. I want one. Are they going to be available for sale?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by dan.....k
Hey if you are interested, E-Shift is producing a J-Pipe for the S/Ced guys. I will have info on it shortly.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Does this only benefit the S/C TL? Or can the N/A utilize it.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:08 PM
I (don't) whine.

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
Does this only benefit the S/C TL? Or can the N/A utilize it.
Its really for boosted cars. I think i remember someone losing power on a N/A car due to lack of back pressure.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:10 PM
I (don't) whine.

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Hey if you are interested, E-Shift is producing a J-Pipe for the S/Ced guys. I will have info on it shortly.
Do you know what dimensions they are going to use. I heard 2" diameter piping?
Old 06-14-2007, 08:30 PM
G35Killerrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ussi
Its really for boosted cars. I think i remember someone losing power on a N/A car due to lack of back pressure.

http://www./forums/showthread.php?t=85805

Some N/A accord did and there one of the accord dynoed 252whp with other mod Im I think to custom a Jpipe too and try any gain or not either 2.25 or 2.5" piping
Old 06-14-2007, 11:00 PM
DER NEUE ^

Congrats Ussi, this seems to be much better than the stock pipe but I'm not crazy about all those bends and the pipe seems small in diameter. ESP j-pipe looks a bit different but the concept is similar. Can't show you the pic though, since they didn't come out with the product yet.

My car is sporting the ESP one-off j-pipe at this time for my personal use and to a lesser degree for their testing of course. They did most of their testing on the Accord which shares our j-pipe and exhaust, they had a great success. The release of their j-pipe should be imminent since it's a great power-maker for a minimum buck, and that's what they are about. The gain in power, especially the low end is unbelievable. I believe that the outside piping diameter is 2.45in at most. But the most gain comes from eliminating the restrictive bends and crashed/narrow sections of the pipe. I'm not advertising for them or anything, I'm just telling you about my personal experience with this mod. Definitely worthwhile change to the restricted stock j-pipe.

Here is a pic of the factory TL j-pipe:

You can find my diameter measurements in the Type S j-pipe vs. regular j-pipe thread, do a search.

Can't wait to here about your experience and may be a dyno run, good luck!
Old 06-15-2007, 02:33 AM
I (don't) whine.

^^Good info Actros.

For those who don't want to search here is what Actros posted about the stock J pipe
2 Inlets- 2" outer/ 1 3/4" inner diameter each

1 Outlet - 2 1/2" outer/2 3/8" inner diameter

I think my Jpipe is quite different from yours. Mine deletes the third cat so the "2" pipes are longer. When it was fabricated by Labree there weren't going to be bends, but they decided against that to keep them equa-length.

We'll see, I wish it wasn't such a freaking pain in the ass to get dyno'd otherwise I'd do a before and after. For now i'll just install it and do a before and after following my HBP install scheduled late next week.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:59 AM
DER NEUE ^

Yeah the ESP pipe doesn't eliminate the 3rd cat so it is shorter than yours. I told them about making the pipe longer sans the cat but they were wary of the possible emission problems and possible CEL popping up. I don't know about that, but I didn't argue with them, I'm just happy that I got hooked up. Hopefully they will be willing to develop the "off road" version of their j-pipe in the future but for now...

I remember when I dyno ran my car with the new j-pipe the gain was a massive 20-25 lbs of torque more in the rpm range. The hp gain was less impressive but still significant 10-15 across the rpm range. Expect to see similar increase if not more since you won't have the restriction of the 3rd cat. Plus you're 6spd, the manual car always gains, revs faster and even sounds better, and in general adopts to mods better.

Man there is just a lot of variations with the AT car like mine, torque converter health has a lot to do with it.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:09 AM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
^ACTROS? Are you F/I?
Old 06-15-2007, 03:17 AM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
^ Never mind, you are...
Old 06-15-2007, 03:20 AM
I (don't) whine.

Originally Posted by ACTROS
Yeah the ESP pipe doesn't eliminate the 3rd cat so it is shorter than yours. I told them about making the pipe longer sans the cat but they were wary of the possible emission problems and possible CEL popping up. I don't know about that, but I didn't argue with them, I'm just happy that I got hooked up. Hopefully they will be willing to develop the "off road" version of their j-pipe in the future but for now...

I remember when I dyno ran my car with the new j-pipe the gain was a massive 20-25 lbs of torque more in the rpm range. The hp gain was less impressive but still significant 10-15 across the rpm range. Expect to see similar increase if not more since you won't have the restriction of the 3rd cat. Plus you're 6spd, the manual car always gains, revs faster and even sounds better, and in general adopts to mods better.

Man there is just a lot of variations with the AT car like mine, torque converter health has a lot to do with it.
WOW 25 trq and 15 hp.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:22 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to get the J pipe you got, but decided to get this one instead because of the 3" outlet.

The J pipe I got is not equal-lengthed. Some say it would hurt performance, some say it doesn't matter. I guess we won't know until we try it out.

Can't wait to see your dyno to see how much we could gain by removing the super restrictive stock J pipe. Have you ever thought about removing the two precats as well?
Old 06-15-2007, 03:23 AM
DER NEUE ^

^Yes FI and kicking, 320hp to the ground, baby! Those are surging horses though...not healthy

The HBP's high boost is slowing getting to me, the surging has become unbearable lately with the hot temps weather. I think I came to a point where the fuel management is crucial to the longevity of my car. Only there is no fuel management for our cars out there, besides the Greddy E-manage. Before I do anything else the fuel tuning is my main objective.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:44 AM
I (don't) whine.

^yeah my car drives shitty in the heat also. its like a moody girl
Old 06-15-2007, 07:51 AM
DER NEUE ^

^Tell me about it man, more like a PMS or something, I wish there was a pill for that too. Honestly, to me it takes the fun out of driving the car, always needing to go WOT to avoid the surge.

Do you have anything in the works in regard to the fuel tuning. Oh I recall that you have the flash correct? Lookinco was trying out the E-manage but so far no news from him on that. I know for a fact that a couple of Accords already use that piggy-back successfully but I don't know anyone adopting it for the more complex TL.

Hondata is taking their sweet time, more like forever, last time I checked they removed the TL reflash info from their site, not a good sign, unless they made a mistake of putting it there initially. I mean c'mon, they have already flashed a lot of cars successfully, I wish I knew what's holding them from releasing the product.

Lookinco any updates E-manage?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
j-pipe design is crucial. it's not as easy to design as it looks. thats where 90% of the backpressure is created. if you design it poorly, you will lose all backpressure. i think thats the main issue with the large j-pipe lookinco purchased, the rear cat has very little area to create backpressure, althought his car is much more modified than the TL it was previously on, so theres only one way to tell. p.s., you guys should send those to jethot, looks like the OP did.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:12 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Nice thread!

ussi you're doing big things with your TL and i commend you. Keep it up.

As for the EShift j-pipe release...hopefully it will be soon because from the looks of it the oem design looks like ass. You can just see the restrictive airflow.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:42 AM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats Ussi, this seems to be much better than the stock pipe but I'm not crazy about all those bends and the pipe seems small in diameter. ESP j-pipe looks a bit different but the concept is similar. Can't show you the pic though, since they didn't come out with the product yet.
the piping on ussi's jpipe is 2 1/4 with a 2 1/2 collector. it looks small, but its more of an optical illusion since the piping coming from the cats to the collector is so long. i sold this to ussi and believe me, he will see some really nice gains from this piece. i gained a little more than 1 mph on my 1/4 mile time with this pipe alone. labree is a premier shop for custom exhaust and you wont find another like it. i had it on my car for a short time, but im opting for a true dual exhaust setup. heres a pic of it on my car,

ussi, def call me and let me know how the dyno went.

The HBP's high boost is slowing getting to me, the surging has become unbearable lately with the hot temps weather. I think I came to a point where the fuel management is crucial to the longevity of my car. Only there is no fuel management for our cars out there, besides the Greddy E-manage. Before I do anything else the fuel tuning is my main objective.
fuel tuning should most definately be first priority. the comptech ACM is a POS! i cant imagine how it would be with a HBP too after i installed the greddy emanage ultimate, i must have gained another 30whp after tuning and eliminated the annoying surging problem. its funny how boomslang doesnt make a PnP harness for you TL guys, but have them for the 03 up accord v6's, it doesnt make much sense. i dont see how there is more demand as they say for accords then TL's? shoot, i had to throw on a SC kit for a TL cause they dont make a specific kit for my car.

ive been sitting on my HBP for awhile now, but im waiting for some bigger injectors and a custom FMIC which will be done soon. hopefully it will turn out well

Originally Posted by dan.....k
that was my main goal when i had this pipe made, to get a GB going but seei how long it took him for just this one, its not worth his time. he wasnt even willing to make a jig for it either. like i said before, its a one of a kind.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:03 PM
I (don't) whine.

^^thanks for hooking up the pipe sean.

so i've been driving on this for only a day and all i can say it is a MUST have for those with blowers. i think this is the only mod where i've felt an increase in low-mid torque.

it also makes my exhaust sound nice except for a nasty rasp. . . looks like the midmuffler is def going back in.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:44 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Originally Posted by ussi
^^thanks for hooking up the pipe sean.

so i've been driving on this for only a day and all i can say it is a MUST have for those with blowers. i think this is the only mod where i've felt an increase in low-mid torque.

it also makes my exhaust sound nice except for a nasty rasp. . . looks like the midmuffler is def going back in.
ussi you're the man.

Accord man stick around and post often, you're the man too.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Uses turn signals in my

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin

I agree, you could be a great addition to acurazine! Since my brother now has an 05 TL I'm trying to see how to best mod his car. Impressive #s BTW, what do you run in the 1/4 mile?
Old 06-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Can you get rid of this bend to produce more power? I think it might make the exaust more restricitive...
Old 06-16-2007, 08:43 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
ussi.... starting to get mad at you !!! j/k

where are the dynos?? with the P&P, Cams, new Pipes... you've been telling us all soon, soon soon.... i wanna know!!!

my guess... if your 6MT.....335whp? make us proud.

also, for Actros & ussi... have you contemplated some kind of boost cooler? methanol i believe they use?? not too sure about the details, but this car in general is a beast in the heat... i can only imagine a F/I TL....
Old 06-16-2007, 09:08 PM
I (don't) whine.

Originally Posted by csmeance
Can you get rid of this bend to produce more power? I think it might make the exaust more restricitive...
you'll be able to tell after lookinco installs his...he doesn't have that bend. originally i remember sean saying that labree was going to make it without the bend but after some research decided to incorporate it. notice it keeps the two pipes are of equal length...
Old 06-16-2007, 09:12 PM
I (don't) whine.

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
ussi.... starting to get mad at you !!! j/k

where are the dynos?? with the P&P, Cams, new Pipes... you've been telling us all soon, soon soon.... i wanna know!!!

my guess... if your 6MT.....335whp? make us proud.

also, for Actros & ussi... have you contemplated some kind of boost cooler? methanol i believe they use?? not too sure about the details, but this car in general is a beast in the heat... i can only imagine a F/I TL....
yeah actually its been annoying me too i want to know! every place around me is wayy to booked, machine is broke, too expensive, etc... but i finally have it scheduled for next week friday

i have been thinking about boost cooler for a while. 1) i'm worried about my cats and 2) i want to be able to tune it..
Old 06-16-2007, 09:47 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin

lol, ya i will. 6 whole posts in over a year

Originally Posted by TCM 01 CL-SI
agree, you could be a great addition to acurazine! Since my brother now has an 05 TL I'm trying to see how to best mod his car. Impressive #s BTW, what do you run in the 1/4 mile?
thanx, not bad for a 3.0 heh? 308whp before the jpipe and it must have been around 320ish with it. you blown TL guys with your bigger displacement should be around 325-330 with a good tuning like me.

my best 1/4 mile to date is 13.1 @ 105MPH at fontana last december

here is the link to my timeslip on
http://www./forums/showthread.php?t=82236

[QUOTE=ussi] ^^thanks for hooking up the pipe sean.

glad you like it i knew you would. hmmm your getting a loud rasp? def put the midmuffler back in. i didnt hear much of a rasp, but i still have my premuffler on my comptech catback.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:03 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

i realized i left a dead link to my timeslip, how do you edit posts around here?

here it is http://www./forums/showthread.php?t=82236
Old 06-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Uses turn signals in my

Originally Posted by blusap
i realized i left a dead link to my timeslip, how do you edit posts around here?

here it is http://www./forums/showthread.php?t=82236
There a 5 minute time limit for editing posts. BTW that link isn't working for me neither.

13.1 is pretty damn quick! If you don't mind sharing, what mods do you have? I haven't seen many CL-S, TLs or TL-S running those kind of times.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:45 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Originally Posted by TCM 01 CL-S
There a 5 minute time limit for editing posts. BTW that link isn't working for me neither.

13.1 is pretty damn quick! If you don't mind sharing, what mods do you have? I haven't seen many CL-S, TLs or TL-S running those kind of times.
i can link pictures, but not threads i guess, oh well. heres my timeslip, i was in the left lane #305 car on the right was a suped up mach 1 mustang.

performance mods are,

comptech SC
eshift pro-cats
comptech catback
griffen custom radiator
greddy emanage ultimate (tuned)
boomslang PnP harness
4gauge pod set-up, all aem digital A/F, boost, oil temp, oil press
05 TL 6spd tranny (same gearing, but my accord 6spd had no LSD)
NRG torque dampener
tein ss-p w/EDFC + camber kits
f&b TL-S sway bars
19 racing hart r7 pro's 19x8
powerslots w/ hawk pads
HFP body kit

when i race, i use my BFG DR's 225/45/17 on my stock 6spd 17' wheels @ 22psi. that is the key ingredient on helping me get my 60fts in the 2.0's

heres a few pics of my car,

Old 06-17-2007, 03:52 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

^^ here we go

Old 06-17-2007, 07:46 PM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PPLAPW
^ACTROS? Are you F/I?
What's F/I?

All this talk about s/c'd TL's & Blusap's Accord is so freakin' usefull! Definetly interested in the e-shift j-pipes.
Anyone still have the 2 pc tool for the s/c that is used to compress the FPR? My fuel pressure is all jacked up so I'm getting another FPR. If I can borrow it from anyone, (or just name ur price) I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!
Old 06-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mrlunecy
What's F/I?

All this talk about s/c'd TL's & Blusap's Accord is so freakin' usefull! Definetly interested in the e-shift j-pipes.
Anyone still have the 2 pc tool for the s/c that is used to compress the FPR? My fuel pressure is all jacked up so I'm getting another FPR. If I can borrow it from anyone, (or just name ur price) I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!
FI= Forced Induction, supercharger or turbo. NA= Naturally aspirated,
Old 06-17-2007, 11:58 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Nice 60' time.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:39 AM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
FI= Forced Induction, supercharger or turbo. NA= Naturally aspirated,
oooh...me smarter now Thanks!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
this sucks man, its like $1500 just to get a full downpipe setup for our cars... companies really need to start supplying stuff for our cars....
Old 06-18-2007, 10:18 PM
I (don't) whine.

Originally Posted by HQTL6SPD
this sucks man, its like $1500 just to get a full downpipe setup for our cars... companies really need to start supplying stuff for our cars....
if you're boosted...

Quick Reply: Custom J-Pipe