Changed my air filter to K&N...all by myself!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:40 PM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
Damn the internet...Nothing ever hides or will be forgotten....
Page 5 already, PLEASE!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:46 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
^you got it!

god bless the internet and it's infinite memory bank.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:12 PM
[x] FWCC [x]

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by TLMunchkin37
I have to say, it did take me longer than I expected...but it was worth it. Most of the time it was me fighting with the damn screws!

I have many future mods in my mind; but I'm really not too mechanically inclined. My list of future mods I plan to do on my own include more aesthetic ones than mechanical.

I may have to refer to some of the engineers at my job before I start getting into heavy mechanical stuff. Plus, I don't want to break a nail! :ghey:

Nail for the win! I can pretty much say what took me forever to change my intake was the damm black OEM air filter. I swear to god i wanted to kick that thing out by standing on my engine and kicking it down to the ground so it could come out from underneath the bumper, i was frustrated and i only had 1 small flash light
Old 03-16-2011, 10:22 PM
~*~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha Tones...that's always how it goes. I get so motivated to do mods and minor things to my car and then realize once I start how unprepared I am as far as tools and abilities!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
OMG. that is just gross. why???? he doesn't treat his cars this way, but he disrespects his body?!
On the contrary, my mouth is very happy after 8 chili cheese dogs.

Originally Posted by justnspace
its a diet fad.

I changed my lifestyle, and will never eat fastfood(including most restaurants , sodas , etc) and I'm trying to cut Alcohol completely.
It's not a fad when I'm the one making it up. See, here's the thing. So I ate a bunch of chili dogs for a month or two. I also only drink maybe twice a year, one is usually New Years and one is my company Christmas party. I'm not a social drinker so there's no one or two beers with dinner.

I'm not exactly comfortable with this subject because I'm really not into looks and if anything I tend to play this kind of thing down. But I've never had to eat well because I literally build muscle quicker than some friends that are on roids and I lose weight quicker than those guys too. Just think for a second if you could be in shape and eat almost whatever you want, how many people would not do that?

I've been athletic my whole life, I'm not some guy that just started doing this stuff. I don't like to mention my personal life on the internet but there's been MMA, cycling, a few 5k runs, training for a marathon, etc. I ran a 10.7 100m in highschool. I didn't get to do the marathon because I had no idea how to train so I ended up running 12-16 miles EVERY day except for Sunday. After 6 weeks I was doing each of those miles around 6 minutes but unfortunately I destroyed my knee with that kind of mileage and no rest. That might not be super good for a runner but I was happy since I'm not a natural distance runner. My whole life I've had people telling me I work out the wrong way, I eat the wrong way, I will never be lean/big/strong, etc. I literally had a trainer tell me about 5 years ago when I'm standing there at 228lbs and 6%bf that I will never be in shape with my eating habits. Maybe one day I'll get on a real diet and get serious about working out to see what I'm capable of but right now doing it for just looks does not give me a whole lot of motivation. I like to eat so unless I have an actual goal in mind I'm going to eat. Maybe when I get married and have kids my priorities will change, only time will tell.
Originally Posted by Majofo

His body is a temple. A temple with a special furnace fed by chili dogs and ever so often, a corndog. I don't see the problem.
You've got to enjoy life.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:06 AM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
Looks should be a side effect of being healthy.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Ya so about that K&N...
Old 03-17-2011, 07:01 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars

But I've never had to eat well because I literally build muscle quicker than some friends that are on roids and I lose weight quicker than those guys too. Just think for a second if you could be in shape and eat almost whatever you want, how many people would not do that?

You've got to enjoy life.
yeah i'm in the best shape of my life and probably amongst the top 1% of fittest athletes, but i'm also healthy on the inside. so yeah i could technically eat anything i want, but why put unleaded fuel in the system when i can put premium in the tank to give myself a chance to maximize my performance and potential. i have a friend that does ultras and he can just keep on motoring, but i just think of all the lost potential in performance he's losing just from eating chili dogs, beer, and fast food as his pre race meal. he's got an irongut, but his body would probably function better/optimally if he fueled in properly. he is very unorthodox in his training and eating but does so just to finish the event (which an accomplishment in itself with the things he does). i can't even imagine what his insides have to go through just to make sure he functions to get through events.

i agree you got to enjoy life, but in moderation.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
I think we're done here......