Changed my air filter to K&N...all by myself!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
The first time I heard that term was when my friend Kaden posted his cutting thread on bodybuildingdotcom (which ironically Syntha 6 saw and paid him to use his pics in magazines) in his underwear. Some dude said he looked good in his underwear...but no homo. I'm not sure how that can be taken any other way.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts

"Hey bro, your package is bulging nicely in those briefs. nohomo"
Old 03-12-2011, 07:29 PM

bodybuildingdotcom is full of homos who say nohomo. noredtext.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Majofo

"Hey bro, your package is bulging nicely in those briefs. nohomo"
I just searched for that old thread to post on here and it's like it disappeared from the internet. Some people from that thread started seeing the exact same pictures in the Syntha-6 ads and saw that he had never taken the product before so I wonder if the company made him take the posts down.... I can find the end results and pictures but the thread does not exist anymore. I had an old link to it which is dead.

Not that it matters but since this thread is so off topic anyway, here's Kaden's 30 day cut, the non homo acurazine safe ones: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ph...r-photo/696151
Old 03-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Team Owner

bodybuildingdotcom is full of homos who say nohomo. noredtext.
Yes it is. And some of the pictures are hilarious. I registered as "WTF??" just to troll.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by I hate cars
I just searched for that old thread to post on here and it's like it disappeared from the internet. Some people from that thread started seeing the exact same pictures in the Syntha-6 ads and saw that he had never taken the product before so I wonder if the company made him take the posts down.... I can find the end results and pictures but the thread does not exist anymore. I had an old link to it which is dead.

Not that it matters but since this thread is so off topic anyway, here's Kaden's 30 day cut, the non homo acurazine safe ones: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ph...r-photo/696151

Old 03-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Team Owner

Seems pretty hard but I was roommates with him at the time and it was more just being extremely disciplined for a month. I did 30lbs in 30 days to win the biggest loser at work but 7 of that was water. It was easier for me because our ending bodyfat was similar but I outweighed him by 50lbs at the time. All I did was a little weights and 600 cals a day for 30 days.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:07 PM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
That's exactly what I need to do. Weights running and mo more then 1000 cals a day. I was doing it last year and dropped 20 lbs but personal things came up and took me off track. I'm not a bodybuilder by mo means I just need to lose the weight.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:19 PM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
damn!!!!!

I'm at a solid 170 but cutting takes a lot of discipline! I love food too much
Old 03-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking of air filter, how is K&N compared to other brand? I am in the process of replacing my air filter, but not sure what brand I should go with. Any suggestion?
Old 03-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by myacura07
Speaking of air filter, how is K&N compared to other brand? I am in the process of replacing my air filter, but not sure what brand I should go with. Any suggestion?
It's probably better we don't go there in this thread. Try a search, there are several fairly new threads on this subject and half of them are locked and one I got banned from.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:14 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Seems pretty hard but I was roommates with him at the time and it was more just being extremely disciplined for a month. I did 30lbs in 30 days to win the biggest loser at work but 7 of that was water. It was easier for me because our ending bodyfat was similar but I outweighed him by 50lbs at the time. All I did was a little weights and 600 cals a day for 30 days.
that doesn't seem all that healthy...the method. this is why fad diets just dont' work. granted i know that body building is a whole other animal (not to mention, an unhealthy way to drop wt). what really counts is your body comp anyway and of course how you look in your birthday suit. i can manage to stay within 3-4 pounds of my racing weight in the off season (is there really an off season for the hardcore triathlete?).

yeah back to the OP...great job, bet you didn't think your thread would morph into something like this huh?
Old 03-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
that doesn't seem all that healthy...the method. this is why fad diets just dont' work. granted i know that body building is a whole other animal (not to mention, an unhealthy way to drop wt). what really counts is your body comp anyway and of course how you look in your birthday suit. i can manage to stay within 3-4 pounds of my racing weight in the off season (is there really an off season for the hardcore triathlete?).

yeah back to the OP...great job, bet you didn't think your thread would morph into something like this huh?
I can't stay that close to my two month summer weight year round, I like food too much. I can stay around 10% bf through the winter which is leaner than people think since most people who post what their bodyfat are just estimating and 10% is the magical number when in reality it's 15% or greater. I don't play sports any more, don't train anymore, and I don't have a whole lot of motivation for doing it just for looks. I used to walk around at 230 and cut down to 218-220 for summer time which gave me a full 6-pack. Luckily since I didn't touch the chemicals like most people I retain the muscle very well but the bf needs to go down for sure. I posted a picture in the other section of me at my usual 10% bodyfat before I cut down for summer. My problem is I'm all over the place. I build muscle very easy and I haven't direclty worked arms or traps direclty in 10 years. I ended up with 18" arms for the short time I did arms directly and I think I hate "too big" and being out of proportion as much as being fat. In most of my pictures from year to year at pool parties I will vary greatly in composition. Some years I'm larger in the chest area, some years it's the shoulders, etc. In my old age I think I'm just going to concentrate on being healthy. From the age of 19 I was incredibly dedicated and doing extreme cuts from month to month depending on what was required of me. My kidneys and the rest of me have survived so I'm going to take it easy from now on.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:03 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

I can't stay that close to my two month summer weight year round, I like food too much. I can stay around 10% bf through the winter which is leaner than people think since most people who post what their bodyfat are just estimating and 10% is the magical number when in reality it's 15% or greater. I don't play sports any more, don't train anymore, and I don't have a whole lot of motivation for doing it just for looks. I used to walk around at 230 and cut down to 218-220 for summer time which gave me a full 6-pack. Luckily since I didn't touch the chemicals like most people I retain the muscle very well but the bf needs to go down for sure. I posted a picture in the other section of me at my usual 10% bodyfat before I cut down for summer. My problem is I'm all over the place. I build muscle very easy and I haven't direclty worked arms or traps direclty in 10 years. I ended up with 18" arms for the short time I did arms directly and I think I hate "too big" and being out of proportion as much as being fat. In most of my pictures from year to year at pool parties I will vary greatly in composition. Some years I'm larger in the chest area, some years it's the shoulders, etc. In my old age I think I'm just going to concentrate on being healthy. From the age of 19 I was incredibly dedicated and doing extreme cuts from month to month depending on what was required of me. My kidneys and the rest of me have survived so I'm going to take it easy from now on.
well considering the avg (theoretically...in this current day in age few are even near this avg...) for guys is around 15% and gals around 25%. i'm <14-15%, so by far i'm not anywhere near avg. then again, as you guys may have noticed, i'm not your typical avg girl.

yeah i like eating too...but i've gotten to the point sometimes that i get tired of eating all the time. i have to eat every 2-4 hours otherwise it don't look pretty (blood sugar drops, get cranky and my gut is telling me put food in me!). my body is a furnace for food. i tend to be a little more muscly and lean than others in my age group.

so considering, you're not doing too shabby and ahead of the game than most in your peer group. the upside is with all the muscle you do have, you have a much higher resting metabolism. let's put it this way with your situation, its a hell of a lot better than the alternative.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:54 PM
6MT

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Label Snob
That was the other TL I sold. Everything else in it looked OK and he hasn't called back so I think that fixed the CEL. My car was a prior flood from NH. Other than replacing the timing belt and water pump at 55K miles, I haven't had a single issue. It now has 60K on it.
what was the cost for the t belt and water pump? btw good work, keep it up.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Team Owner

well considering the avg (theoretically...in this current day in age few are even near this avg...) for guys is around 15% and gals around 25%. i'm <14-15%, so by far i'm not anywhere near avg. then again, as you guys may have noticed, i'm not your typical avg girl.

yeah i like eating too...but i've gotten to the point sometimes that i get tired of eating all the time. i have to eat every 2-4 hours otherwise it don't look pretty (blood sugar drops, get cranky and my gut is telling me put food in me!). my body is a furnace for food. i tend to be a little more muscly and lean than others in my age group.

so considering, you're not doing too shabby and ahead of the game than most in your peer group. the upside is with all the muscle you do have, you have a much higher resting metabolism. let's put it this way with your situation, its a hell of a lot better than the alternative.
What is your age group if you don't mind me asking.... an approximate age is fine. I always like to see how I compare to others in my range. I've got to start lifting again. I'm not into looks, I just don't want to make people puke when I take my shirt off on my upcoming cruise. Even when i'm in tip top shape I'm usually the weird guy wearing a shirt at the beach. Maybe i'll set my 35th birthday as my "best shape of my life goal". I just hate the way I feel in the single digit bf numbers. Admittedly i've never paid attention to supplements and all of the modern workout and nutrition techniques. Maybe eating many small meals would make staying in the single bf numbers without feeling lethargic doable.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 PM
[x] FWCC [x]

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Wow you go girl!! i wish my girlfriend would even help me open the hood of my car :lol:
Old 03-15-2011, 09:54 PM
~*~

It looks like this thread got slightly off topic. But I changed my very old stock air filter to K & N this weekend (Sorry, no time for a photo shoot; don't cry guys!)

The car feels amazing! I know it's probably not the best on the market and some people are very against K&N, but thus far the difference feels great.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:13 PM
[x] FWCC [x]

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by TLMunchkin37
It looks like this thread got slightly off topic. But I changed my very old stock air filter to K & N this weekend (Sorry, no time for a photo shoot; don't cry guys!)

The car feels amazing! I know it's probably not the best on the market and some people are very against K&N, but thus far the difference feels great.
Nice, when i changed my air filter to an Injen intake it took me hours to finish. I never thought it was going to be that complicated since for my Accord it only took me minutes. What would be your next mod that you're going to do on your own? I'm planning on converting my own disc brakes to drilled slotted ones. I hope that doesn't give me a challenge.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:27 AM

What is your age group if you don't mind me asking.... an approximate age is fine. I always like to see how I compare to others in my range. I've got to start lifting again. I'm not into looks, I just don't want to make people puke when I take my shirt off on my upcoming cruise. Even when i'm in tip top shape I'm usually the weird guy wearing a shirt at the beach. Maybe i'll set my 35th birthday as my "best shape of my life goal". I just hate the way I feel in the single digit bf numbers. Admittedly i've never paid attention to supplements and all of the modern workout and nutrition techniques. Maybe eating many small meals would make staying in the single bf numbers without feeling lethargic doable.
LOL still doing the chili dog challenge?
that was pretty healthy.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:13 AM
~*~

I have to say, it did take me longer than I expected...but it was worth it. Most of the time it was me fighting with the damn screws!

I have many future mods in my mind; but I'm really not too mechanically inclined. My list of future mods I plan to do on my own include more aesthetic ones than mechanical.

I may have to refer to some of the engineers at my job before I start getting into heavy mechanical stuff. Plus, I don't want to break a nail! :ghey:

Originally Posted by tones160
Nice, when i changed my air filter to an Injen intake it took me hours to finish. I never thought it was going to be that complicated since for my Accord it only took me minutes. What would be your next mod that you're going to do on your own? I'm planning on converting my own disc brakes to drilled slotted ones. I hope that doesn't give me a challenge.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:58 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Originally Posted by justnspace
LOL still doing the chili dog challenge?
that was pretty healthy.
ewww. think of it this way, you wouldn't put regular gas, the wrong grade oil or a sub par tranny fluid in your car would you? why would you do that to your own body??

yes i know justnspace...you're kidding about the chili dogs...i hope.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:06 AM

ewww. think of it this way, you wouldn't put regular gas, the wrong grade oil or a sub par tranny fluid in your car would you? why would you do that to your own body??

yes i know justnspace...you're kidding about the chili dogs...i hope.
talk to your friend, I hate cars....He was filling his body with chillidogs breakfast lunch and dinner!
https://acurazine.com/forums/health-fitness-34/going-weinersnitchel-diet-anyone-me-804708/
Old 03-16-2011, 10:14 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

talk to your friend, I hate cars....He was filling his body with chillidogs breakfast lunch and dinner!
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=804708
OMG. that is just gross. why???? he doesn't treat his cars this way, but he disrespects his body?!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:17 AM

OMG. that is just gross. why???? he doesn't treat his cars this way, but he disrespects his body?!
its a diet fad.

I changed my lifestyle, and will never eat fastfood(including most restaurants , sodas , etc) and I'm trying to cut Alcohol completely.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:20 AM

His body is a temple. A temple with a special furnace fed by chili dogs and ever so often, a corndog. I don't see the problem.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:21 AM

I changed my lifestyle
homo.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 AM

Majofor, when are we gonna meet up? we'll meet in the middle, at a shady hotel.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:28 AM

I might be a cheap slore but no shady hotel for me. Bed Bugs Mister.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:08 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

its a diet fad.

I changed my lifestyle, and will never eat fastfood(including most restaurants , sodas , etc) and I'm trying to cut Alcohol completely.
that's great to hear.

and @majofo...that's a hell of an iron gut...however i'm not sure how his cardiovasular system is taking it.

there is nothing wrong with respecting your body, but there is such a thing as looking and being fit, and completely unhealthy. the sole reason fad diets dont' work long term.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Carly Curran

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Seriously considering getting these...
http://www.CarLashes.com

Definately investing in the rhinestone eyeliner lmao
Old 03-16-2011, 02:13 PM

^I think it will suit you perfectly!!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Majofor, when are we gonna meet up? we'll meet in the middle, at a shady hotel.
You forgot "no homo"... or did you?
Old 03-16-2011, 02:19 PM

I don't think you can nohomo that statement.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:21 PM

I'd like to pick his engineering brain.

no homo. does that count?
Race Director

I don't think you can nohomo that statement.
Hehe, yeah, you may be right...
Old 03-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Race Director

ummmm. Tough call....
Old 03-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Team Owner

Could you no homo the comment on my traps too? No more pictures for Justin.....

Quick Reply: Changed my air filter to K&N...all by myself!