Acura TL Builder's Ultimate Boost Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 01:47 PM
Safety Car

Received 856 Likes on 704 Posts

S/C oil, OEM needle bearings, S/C lube are ready to freshen up this M90.

The needle bearing removal tool will be here this week.

I still need a custom belt and adaptor kit for this system. I was going to make my own Pranks M90 adaptor kit, but for the price and time spent making it look anywhere near that Kit is not worth it. Will be ordering the kit soon.

Old 04-21-2020, 01:53 PM
Safety Car

Locally sourced an OEM WDP Hood to cut a hole around the M90 S/C.

This will preserve my OEM ASM hood for the Comptech system.

I plan to mold clear plastic around the M90 to keep it looking nice. The molded plastic will then be bolted down.

In the rear of the molded plastic will be a removable rear hatch for sunny day cooling.

Old 04-21-2020, 01:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,845 Likes on 1,487 Posts
So, Saving4aTL, just to clarify, you are going to put the M90 below, with the prank adapter kit, on top of the IM on the Silver TL while running the CT-E M62 at the same time?

OR

Are you going to make it, the M90, interchangeable, (with minimal downtime) incorporating the additional (snout) S/C'er drive shaft you purchased (last one?) above somewhere? Thus, by being able to remove the M62 quickly and install the M90?

Originally Posted by Saving4aTL

Going to run the Comptech and M90 insimultaneously on the Silver TL.
In 1 hour I can change the behavior of the car.
These are going to be the only TL S/Cs running on Alcohol.

Back in and ready for service!

Old 04-21-2020, 03:56 PM
Safety Car

Yes sir,

Im going to top mount the M90 with a gen 3 blower, pranks kit, and the stock gen 3 M90 snout.

The stock snout fits right up on top of the I/M.

I will be running the MP62 and the M90 separately.

M90 is a poor man’s S/C.

Heeltoe sells the Eaton M90 Gen. 3 Pranks adaptor kit.

It seems Pranks sell the Eaton M90 Gen. 5 adaptor kit.

The following users liked this post:
zeta (04-21-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 08:10 AM
Safety Car

After finishing the Type-S engine I will run the rotrex while I begin Saving 4 a Turbo.

The Rotrex reduces road grip unlike a turbo.

Rotrex is limited when compared to turbo.

I can get much more than 800whp on a turbo, though I have yet to see even 700whp on the most built Rotrex system.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:37 AM
Safety Car

Also the rotrex intake pipe will rub a hole in your radiator, potentially ruining your engine.

The Rotrex intake pipe is connected to the to the exhaust pipe. So you will be sucking in exhaust temperatures into your engine.

The rotrex system is good for one pull, then you loose power exponentially.

This has been experienced by multiple people.

Perhaps in another car/boat,plane there wouldn’t be heat issues, but with how the Rotrex system is designed in the TL, you won’t get away from the heat unless you swap J32A2 heads and get custom manifolds and J-pipe to reroute the exhaust from the immovable intake.

I stayed quiet about this much too long. Multiple people and dyno sheets prove this.

You also lose your A/C.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:31 AM
Late to the 3G Party

Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts
After finishing the Type-S engine I will run the rotrex while I begin Saving 4 a Turbo.

I can get much more than 800whp on a turbo, though I have yet to see even 700whp on the most built Rotrex system.
Also the rotrex intake pipe will rub a hole in your radiator, potentially ruining your engine.

The Rotrex intake pipe is connected to the to the exhaust pipe. So you will be sucking in exhaust temperatures into your engine.

The rotrex system is good for one pull, then you loose power exponentially.

This has been experienced by multiple people.

Perhaps in another car/boat,plane there wouldn’t be heat issues, but with how the Rotrex system is designed in the TL, you won’t get away from the heat unless you swap J32A2 heads and get custom manifolds and J-pipe to reroute the exhaust from the immovable intake.

I stayed quiet about this much too long. Multiple people and dyno sheets prove this.

You also lose your A/C.
I understand you feel the Rotrex system is inferior to turbo, but please do not spout false/misleading information without tellng the whole story. You had a falling out with Andy, and are unhappy that he will no longer continue to hold your hand on your pursuit for big TL power.

Couple things to debunk from your comments.

1. Rotrex produces linear power, which is much better for traction compared to turbo applications.

2. If you are speaking of them in the context of maximum hp numbers, then yes, Rotrex is not yet capable of the same as turbo.

3. You haven't been able to make over 420whp on anything, so don't claim you can make 800whp with a turbo. I think potential is the word you're looking for.

4. My intake has been fine for 2 years, no issues (others for longer), so it seems like your intake rubbing through the radiator is an error of installation on your end, or was caused by your modification to the kit.

5. I've never had hot IAT issues, even if the intake is close to the exhaust (not connected like you state). You think you have hot temperature problems now? Wait til you get a turbo kit up and running in that small bay.

5. Ironic that you came to this conclusion about Rotrex systems while simultaneously pursuing Comptech.

6. I would love if you could show some proof of this.

7. You knew you'd be losing A/C going into this.

I understand that you're upset Andy won't continue to hold your hand on your pursuit for big TL power, but a lot of the statements you just made are downright false and you haven't really painted the whole picture of why you're now so "anti-Rotrex".

Last edited by mb.3g; 04-22-2020 at 09:40 AM.
rockstar143 (04-22-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 10:04 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mdnborg
I understand you feel the Rotrex system is inferior to turbo, but please do not spout false/misleading information without tellng the whole story. You had a falling out with Andy, and are unhappy that he will no longer continue to hold your hand on your pursuit for big TL power.

Couple things to debunk from your comments.

1. Rotrex produces linear power, which is much better for traction compared to turbo applications.

2. If you are speaking of them in the context of maximum hp numbers, then yes, Rotrex is not yet capable of the same as turbo.

3. You haven't been able to make over 420whp on anything, so don't claim you can make 800whp with a turbo. I think potential is the word you're looking for.

4. My intake has been fine for 2 years, no issues (others for longer), so it seems like your intake rubbing through the radiator is an error of installation on your end, or was caused by your modification to the kit.

5. I've never had hot IAT issues, even if the intake is close to the exhaust (not connected like you state). You think you have hot temperature problems now? Wait til you get a turbo kit up and running in that small bay.

5. Ironic that you came to this conclusion about Rotrex systems while simultaneously pursuing Comptech.

6. I would love if you could show some proof of this.

7. You knew you'd be losing A/C going into this.

I understand that you're upset Andy won't continue to hold your hand on your pursuit for big TL power, but a lot of the statements you just made are downright false and you haven't really painted the whole picture of why you're now so "anti-Rotrex".

1. If you go WOT, the linear power has no lag, so the tires break traction, backing of the throttle and again going WOT doesn’t aid in regaining traction. With the 414whp it’s spin.

2. Rotrex just came out with the largest C38-R after 8 years of R&D. You won’t get any more without a larger unit. Meaning a redesign of Andy’s current system. It won’t fit even if he did. Though if you did manage to fit it the intake tube won’t without massive modification.

3. I haven’t made over 414whp, though there is a JSeries making 1200-1400whp on Turbo.

4. The size of your Stage 1.5 system compared to my 3.5. Ive tried everything to make the tube fit, it won’t.

5. I’m pursuing the max of every forced induction system possible on the 3G TL.

6. I’ll post my Dynos sheet when I get home. I can also post text concerns, but that is private.

7. I’m explaining the options for potential 3G boosters.

Andy hasn’t held my hand, though he did charge you $1000 to install it for you.

There are better options out there for a much lower price.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:20 AM
Late to the 3G Party

1. If you go WOT, the linear power has no lag, so the tires break traction, backing of the throttle and again going WOT doesn’t aid in regaining traction. With the 414whp it’s spin.

2. Rotrex just came out with the largest C38-R after 8 years of R&D. You won’t get any more without a larger unit. Meaning a redesign of Andy’s current system. It won’t fit even if he did. Though if you did manage to fit it the intake tube won’t without massive modification.

3. I haven’t made over 414whp, though there is a JSeries making 1200-1400whp on Turbo.

4. The size of your Stage 1.5 system compared to my 3.5. Ive tried everything to make the tube fit, it won’t.

5. I’m pursuing the max of every forced induction system possible on the 3G TL.

6. I’ll post my Dynos sheet when I get home. I can also post text concerns, but that is private.

7. I’m explaining the options for potential 3G boosters.

There are better options out there for a much lower price.
You breaking traction is not Rotrex's fault. You did nothing to upgrade a wheel and tire setup. If you have trouble keeping traction with Rotrex you have no hope for turbo. Your fault for not pursuing supporting wheel/tire mods.

Yes there are turbo J cars making 1200whp... With sleeved blocks or even billet blocks. Again, potential is there, but you haven't achieved this yet.

Rotrex is a fairly new company, yes it has not seen the success or been able to develop R&D to meet your demands yet. But you've been building multiple TL's for years now and still haven't made more than 414whp...

Please show me better options for much lower prices. If you taken a look anywhere on this forum, you'd see that turbo setups are much more costly and have mixed reliability.

You continue to try to inflict insults. I wanted my install done correctly, and unlike you, I know when I may be in too deep and seek advice. I have the screenshots between you and others in the J community that wouldnt/couldn't help you, then you turn around and bash them. You have rubbed many people in the Jseries community the wrong way, and it's obvious to this day that you still are here with "the shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. You don't know much of what you're talking about.

It's clear your motivation behind bashing Rotrex is not to warn others, but to inflict damage to Andy and others who don't want to help you anymore, perhaps because youve burned bridges.

Best of luck.

Last edited by mb.3g; 04-22-2020 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 127 Posts
Traction issues are actually a good thing, it means you are making power and now need to focus on suspension. Please remember this is a fwd platform and no matter what you do there will always be traction issues. And for that reason a rwd making half the power will walk around our cars. I think it’s cool you making all these super chargers work on your cars though. Good luck with the projects.

And I would be super happy with 400whp in a tl. Much more than that would be a waste unless you run a full slick all summer long along with more suspension mods
Old 04-22-2020, 11:19 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,007 Likes on 14,511 Posts
6. I can also post text concerns, but that is private.

Old 04-22-2020, 12:09 PM
Safety Car

You breaking traction is not Rotrex's fault. You did nothing to upgrade a wheel and tire setup. If you have trouble keeping traction with Rotrex you have no hope for turbo. Your fault for not pursuing supporting wheel/tire mods.

Yes there are turbo J cars making 1200whp... With sleeved blocks or even billet blocks. Again, potential is there, but you haven't achieved this yet.

Rotrex is a fairly new company, yes it has not seen the success or been able to develop R&D to meet your demands yet. But you've been building multiple TL's for years now and still haven't made more than 414whp...

Please show me better options for much lower prices. If you taken a look anywhere on this forum, you'd see that turbo setups are much more costly and have mixed reliability.

You continue to try to inflict insults. I wanted my install done correctly, and unlike you, I know when I may be in too deep and seek advice. I have the screenshots between you and others in the J community that wouldnt/couldn't help you, then you turn around and bash them. You have rubbed many people in the Jseries community the wrong way, and it's obvious to this day that you still are here with "the shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. You don't know much of what you're talking about.

It's clear your motivation behind bashing Rotrex is not to warn others, but to inflict damage to Andy and others who don't want to help you anymore, perhaps because youve burned bridges.

Best of luck.

If there was an issue, my tuner would tell me.

An Acura TL Type-S6 w/ 90k miles, Stage 3.5 Rotrex kit w/ upgraded fuel system, on E85 only made 414whp being tuned by an experienced and knowledgeable tuner.

This was due to heat issues and was discussed in depth. You aren’t having this issue because your rotrex is smaller and this isn’t running quite the as much.

Im not saying Rotrex is a bad option, it’s a good system(minus heat issues), I am saying my ported M90(Poor mans S/C) will make 400whp+ with safety to the engine, similar or lower IAT and for less than $2500. This price is including larger injectors fuel lines, fuel rails, fuel pump and fuel lines.

Some would make a business of this, I’m doing it for the love of 3G.

I’m not here for political hand holding or to protect the interests of businesses at the detriment of true 3G enthusiasts. I’m here to see what the J series capabilities are, and to exploit them.

If I wished to inflict insults, I would.

Last edited by Acura TL Builder; 04-22-2020 at 12:18 PM.
04WDPSeDaN (04-23-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 12:31 PM
Late to the 3G Party

If there was an issue, my tuner would tell me.

An Acura TL Type-S6 w/ 90k miles, Stage 3.5 Rotrex kit w/ upgraded fuel system, on E85 only made 414whp being tuned by an experienced and knowledgeable tuner.

This was due to heat issues and was discussed in detail.
The stage of kit you bought (3.5) is intended for slightly built/fully built motors, you know this.

The reason your car made 414whp may have been related to heat on the Dyno, but was also because you didn't build the motor.

Please don't make it seem like your stage 3.5 kit only made 414 because of heat issues. It only made 414 because you're at the limits of stock internals and didn't build your motor, which is specified as being part of process of making the advertised hp numbers of the kit.

Also, please see others with similar stock motor Rotrex setups that made comparable numbers to yours, such as Henry with his stock motor TL-S 6mt and stage one kit that made 400whp on 93.

You decided to put the kit on and have it dyno'd before you built the motor.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:46 PM
Safety Car

The stage of kit you bought (3.5) is intended for slightly built/fully built motors, you know this.

The reason your car made 414whp may have been related to heat on the Dyno, but was also because you didn't build the motor.

Please don't make it seem like your stage 3.5 kit only made 414 because of heat issues. It only made 414 because you're at the limits of stock internals and didn't build your motor, which is specified as being part of process of making the advertised hp numbers of the kit.

Also, please see others with similar stock motor Rotrex setups that made comparable numbers to yours, such as Henry with his stock motor TL-S 6mt and stage one kit that made 400whp on 93.

You decided to put the kit on and have it dyno'd before you built the motor.

Are you implying that a similar Acura TL-S6 would create more power on 10psi.

PSI is another issue. The Rotrex is limited by the pulley and spring. Correct me if I’m wrong, the spring(s) max the unit at 15psi and a total of 21PSI with a small pulley? This route will make the belt slip and you risk destroying your built engine.

The next option is a full 10rib pulley system, which Andy was promising to release 12/25/2019, after multiple release extensions.

I am in the final processes of building one of the heaviest built J series engines in the nation.

Only 1 other person runs the Stage 3.5 besides Andy and I. Perhaps that’s why he told me, “No one else is having this issue”.

Its interesting that another customer is running a smaller setup yet complaining of the intake running a hole in their radiator.

Perhaps the professional that installed it also misjudged the intake installation.

Last edited by Acura TL Builder; 04-22-2020 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:57 PM
Late to the 3G Party

You have fun now with your goals. We'll all be watching when you blame something/someone else for why you still haven't achieved them.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:08 PM
Safety Car

You have fun now with your goals. We'll all be watching when you blame something/someone else for why you still haven't achieved them.
Pretentious.

I have achieved the WHP goal I set for myself with the Comptech.
329whp/290wtq on a stock exhaust Acura TL-B5 is a solid number at <5psi.

Thanks, I will do my very best to squeeze out every HP out of every forced induction system, including my Rotrex.

I commend you for being a true 3G enthusiast, instead of a car part seller masquerading as one.

Last edited by Acura TL Builder; 04-22-2020 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:13 PM
Late to the 3G Party

Pretentious.
The irony here is palpable.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:23 PM
Safety Car

The irony here is palpable.
Dont fret, in time I will have great results with my Rotrex system.

After extensive work is completed for it to become an OEM-like system.

The underestimation by you and said others adds octane to my fuel.

Last edited by Acura TL Builder; 04-22-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:33 PM
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow, this thread went quite the distance. Just wanted to chime in on a few things here. There are plenty of centrifugal superchargers on the market. The most popular ones are procharger/vortech. Reason Andy used Rotrex is because of package size and efficiency. As it is a centrifugal, as stated, it builds boost linearly. That helps a lot with traction. I can't say why you had traction issues with rotrex but I can say that it took my auto 485whp/380wtq to start breaking traction. Then again the autos have inferior gearing and I also had 255 hight treadware tires mounted on 30lbs wheels. A turbo on a heavy fwd will not help traction. You want 800whp? That'll take about 24 psi from a properly sized turbo. Unlike rotrex, a turbo won't build boost as rpm climbs. Once it spools, you're getting all the psi. Hooking a 3600lbs fwd car on 24 psi at 4k rpm isn't going to be easier.

As far as power from a rotrex you can only get so much from size. The new rotrex C38R-112 flows enough cfm for about 970hp at the crank; still with its small form factor and super high efficiency. Are these superchargers that make more power than even turbos? Yes. Vortech just released one that's capable of almost 2000hp but it's no where near as small as a rotrex. As far as pricing goes, superchargers are just expensive. The new c38r costs 3k on its own. Other blowers that make as much hp as rotrex costs as much. That vortech supercharger thats capable of near 2000 hp? It costs 6.5k... Being expensive is a supercharger thing. As far as you making 414whp on stage 3.5 I don't think you have stage 3.5. You have parts of the stage 3.5 but not all. As Mike stated, Henry made 400whp on 93 on the smallest blower Andy offers at 8psi. That smaller blower is good for 11psi on the tl. Add 3psi +e85 and Henry would have been near 500whp on the smallest rotrex Andy offers. As far as not seeing anymore make 700 on the rotrex is because you need a built motor and let's be honest, most tl owners aren't going to build their motors.

I could hit other points but I'll just leave it there. Got tired of typing 😪. Not everything you stated is factual but you are also not wrong on a few things.
Acura TL Builder (04-22-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 09:40 PM
Safety Car

Very good I information there.

I believe boost by gear would help the issue of full boost released at WOT.

What parts of my 3.5 were missing? Because I paid full price for the kit.

What was missing however, were the serial/lot numbers on all of my 1300cc injectors. Scratched completely off.

When I called him to ask why the outgoing fuel -AN quick connect 90 was not connecting, he told me to purchase the correct size on Amazon. I paid $7650 for a kit with incorrect parts and was told to pay for the replacement.

Before I made my purchase, I was told the price is also for support of the system. I had a question after my system was installed and was told “You purchased this 9 months ago”. Though it sat for 6 months while I saved for my Type-S.

I was told the IAT temps were superior to my Comptech supercharger, yet my uncooled S/C runs cooler.

The picture on the FB page shows the fuel pressure regulator gauge to be of Aeromotive brand, I was given a cheap knockoff. That gauge was one of the factors that sold me on the kit.

Last edited by Acura TL Builder; 04-22-2020 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:40 AM
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Very good I information there.

I believe boost by gear would help the issue of full boost released at WOT.

What parts of my 3.5 were missing? Because I paid full price for the kit.

What was missing however, were the serial/lot numbers on all of my 1300cc injectors. Scratched completely off.

When I called him to ask why the outgoing fuel -AN quick connect 90 was not connecting, he told me to purchase the correct size on Amazon. I paid $7650 for a kit with incorrect parts and was told to pay for the replacement.

Before I made my purchase, I was told the price is also for support of the system. I had a question after my system was installed and was told “You purchased this 9 months ago”. Though it sat for 6 months while I saved for my Type-S.

I was told the IAT temps were superior to my Comptech supercharger, yet my uncooled S/C runs cooler.

The picture on the FB page shows the fuel pressure regulator gauge to be of Aeromotive brand, I was given a cheap knockoff. That gauge was one of the factors that sold me on the kit.
Just to reply to some points.

Boost by gear isn't available on the TL through hondata or ktuner.

Serial number is something some companies remove. The actual why is unknown but my 1300cc serial number is scratched off. Probably a bosch thing because my DW400 fuel pump that I got from real street also had its serial shaved off the exact same way my injectors has it shaved off.

I can't speak to the an fitting stuff

It is known by everyone that the comptech heats the intake Temps like hell. My tuner has tuned a few and he tells me the Temps go to 130+ easily and always. The most my rotrex has heated after a pull was 117 and that was after 3 back to back pulls on 85 degree weather on a summer day. If you let the car just idle for 30 minutes and look at your IATs then yeah its going to spkke up, but then a cold air bolt on intake would experience the same

As far as the aeromotive fpr gague, can't say much either. I know he uses the actual regulator. Also, was a 40 dollar gague really a deciding factor? 🤔

Last edited by ohnoitspiter; 04-23-2020 at 05:52 AM.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:39 AM

I'll only state that after having met and stayed with Andy for a couple of days then had him over when he was in Sofla...

He isn't in this for the money...at all...his kit is expensive because it's comprised of expensive shit...whatever profits he does
choose to pay himself pale in comparison to the efforts he's put in with trial and tribulations and his own cash...he ain't sponsored
by a wife or rotrex or anyone else for that matter.

He lives and breaths these cars and decided to spend his own money seeing what
potential they could reach from a logical standpoint. You think you're disappointed with his customer service? I would love
to have seen you go down the Rodney's turbo path (also saw this in person...one of them...no fucking traction) and the related JNC (IIRC?) ECU
deposit loss debacle.

Can't blame him for not answering every insipid question a person has when they basically are a dick if they don't get the answer they want
OR they take the information and then regurgitate it as their own.

Everyone has their limit and he's very patient and tolerant in my experience.
Luckily, nobody gives a fuck about this thread or I'd get more in detailed to preserve his image. I wrote this on the off chance someone
has the misfortune of being directed here when they are seeking factual information.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:11 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ohnoitspiter
Just to reply to some points.

Boost by gear isn't available on the TL through hondata or ktuner.

Serial number is something some companies remove. The actual why is unknown but my 1300cc serial number is scratched off. Probably a bosch thing because my DW400 fuel pump that I got from real street also had its serial shaved off the exact same way my injectors has it shaved off.

I can't speak to the an fitting stuff

It is known by everyone that the comptech heats the intake Temps like hell. My tuner has tuned a few and he tells me the Temps go to 130+ easily and always. The most my rotrex has heated after a pull was 117 and that was after 3 back to back pulls on 85 degree weather on a summer day. If you let the car just idle for 30 minutes and look at your IATs then yeah its going to spkke up, but then a cold air bolt on intake would experience the same

As far as the aeromotive fpr gague, can't say much either. I know he uses the actual regulator. Also, was a 40 dollar gague really a deciding factor? 🤔

When my Turbo system makes enough power to necessitate it, I’ll purchase a better management unit.

Why would Bosch remove the serial numbers? In case of manufacturer defect, how is one to prove it came from the defective batch? Or track the injectors date of manufacture? Or prove it wasn’t part of a missing batch?

After PnP the Comptech has much lower AIT. The blower body stays under 120F after spirited driving. The Comptech shaft stayed in the same range.
The meth kit cools the charge even lower. I plan to move the MAF and meth jet into the underbelly of the Comptech body, further lowering the temps. Instead of 6-12 inches before the charge enters the runners, it will have 3-3.5 feet.

Old 04-23-2020, 08:33 AM
Safety Car

Piter,

When Costco Corp. chooses a product, they ask for a early production medal to be send to Issaquah. They later send the person in charge of that line of product to China for a random production line inspection. This means they check the weight, material quality and thickness against the pre-production model they were sent.
Dont offer a product then sell one of inferior quality.

When someone has a procedure done on their body, they don’t see what went on inside. They only see the skin closure and dressings. One time, two people went to a social gathering. They both has similar procedures done and showed each other their closure and dressings. The one with the poorly stitched wounds and sloppy dressings let everyone know who had performed the procedure.
People seeing your body/car don’t know what is going on behind the scenes, all they see is what’s on the surface. In this case the FPR gauge.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:41 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rockstar143
I'll only state that after having met and stayed with Andy for a couple of days then had him over when he was in Sofla...

He isn't in this for the money...at all...his kit is expensive because it's comprised of expensive shit...whatever profits he does
choose to pay himself pale in comparison to the efforts he's put in with trial and tribulations and his own cash...he ain't sponsored
by a wife or rotrex or anyone else for that matter.

He lives and breaths these cars and decided to spend his own money seeing what
potential they could reach from a logical standpoint. You think you're disappointed with his customer service? I would love
to have seen you go down the Rodney's turbo path (also saw this in person...one of them...no fucking traction) and the related JNC (IIRC?) ECU
deposit loss debacle.

Can't blame him for not answering every insipid question a person has when they basically are a dick if they don't get the answer they want
OR they take the information and then regurgitate it as their own.

Everyone has their limit and he's very patient and tolerant in my experience.
Luckily, nobody gives a fuck about this thread or I'd get more in detailed to preserve his image. I wrote this on the off chance someone
has the misfortune of being directed here when they are seeking factual information.
Jeremy,

You watching him sleep like an angel is not my business. He is a kind hearted person, but the good thorough information I was receiving was selectively incomplete. The issue of heat was also never answered. Rather he became defensive every time the question arose.

If I had fiscal help from my wife, I’d have a much more expensive vehicle.

The reason this is posted here and not IG/FB, is for that reason.

If my questions were answered, this subject wouldn’t need to arise.

Last edited by Acura TL Builder; 04-23-2020 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:51 AM

I generally don't like to do it but I may have to clean this thread up. It's turned into a personal thread that has meandered off topic.
Not everyone understands each other or gets along, I get that. You bought parts, he provided those parts. If I recall correctly you strayed
from his initial suggestions then questioned him on your different outcome. Again, I have no horse in the race and I wasn't there.
He is an angel though, you nailed that part.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:30 AM
Safety Car

What was his initial suggestion?

He sold me parts not as marketed. Had me buy a part that was his own ordering error.

As you mentioned between expletives. No one visits my thread, what is the harm? I haven’t taken this conversation to FB.

Some parts you may clean up, other parts are facts of the product. He hasn’t answered my questions.

Though, Please delete from yesterday morning.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:48 AM
Safety Car

@mdnborg

I kept my word.

This can be deleted as well.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:49 AM

What was his initial suggestion?

He sold me parts not as marketed. Had me buy a part that was his own ordering error.

As you mentioned between expletives. No one visits my thread, what is the harm? I haven’t taken this conversation to FB.

Some parts you may clean up, other parts are facts of the product. He hasn’t answered my questions.

Though, Please delete from yesterday morning.
I'll brush up on what posts keep this on topic.
Don't want it to be construed as hiding anything for a buddy.

This is some slanderous bs though...
If he sold you something and you weren't happy why didn't you just get a refund or put in a paypal claim?
Cloaked in vagueness! Again, I'm not privy to everything I only speak to his character which doesn't jive with
what you're pitching.

Plus, you feel this way but everyone else has no issue with him. The writing is on the wall there.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:54 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Congratulations again on being the 1st to do this with the comptech blower! Let me know when I can ship my comptech unit to you
Acura TL Builder (04-23-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 11:18 AM
Safety Car

I'll brush up on what posts keep this on topic.
Don't want it to be construed as hiding anything for a buddy.

This is some slanderous bs though...
If he sold you something and you weren't happy why didn't you just get a refund or put in a paypal claim?
Cloaked in vagueness! Again, I'm not privy to everything I only speak to his character which doesn't jive with
what you're pitching.

Plus, you feel this way but everyone else has no issue with him. The writing is on the wall there.
That is a wise decision of yours to not make it seem that this site is censoring information pertinent to the community it represents.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, The statute of limitations had passed as I did not install the Rotrex kit until 6-7 months after my purchase.

I want the kit, though I was sold on product support and this was not delivered. In business, if you make a error, you fix it, not tell the buyer to buy a replacement with their own money.

If I am being vague, it’s on purpose.

Last edited by Acura TL Builder; 04-23-2020 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:19 AM
Safety Car

Please be sure your deletion isn’t covering for a friend, and making the poster look in poor light.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:23 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Congratulations again on being the 1st to do this with the comptech blower! Let me know when I can ship my comptech unit to you
Haha! Thanks man!

It took about 40 working hours to complete this, and there is still more to do once the M90 is installed.

Its not for the front of heart, but I know your a strong person.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:30 AM

In rereading the posts they are too befuddled with useful information mixed with personal bashing. If I pick and choose what I delete the context won't be
understood by people in the future.

Please get back on topic and stop the slandering. You have an issue with Andy, take it up with him directly please.
If you are reasonable and not rude, I'm certain he would have no problems making sure you are happy...if that's possible.
If it continues I'll just blindly delete everything from the point where it started yesterday. I take moderation duties seriously,
I wouldn't cover for a friend if it was going against rules.

J.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:35 AM
Safety Car

The reason I brought it up here was because I was being very reasonable and exceptionally kind to him.
That’s why all this bottled up.

I will take it up with him directly.

Thank you J.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:55 AM
Late to the 3G Party

@mdnborg
Back on topic.

If I'm reading this correctly, the timestamps indicate the 3 dyno pulls we're looking at all happened in less than a 2 minute timespan.

Is this correct?
Old 04-23-2020, 11:57 AM

Yes, with a manual transmission, that is possible.
Acura TL Builder (04-23-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 12:12 PM
Safety Car

Back on topic.

If I'm reading this correctly, the timestamps indicate the 3 dyno pulls we're looking at all happened in less than a 2 minute timespan.

Is this correct?
On this particular dyno run, yes.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:14 PM
Safety Car

Yes, with a manual transmission, that is possible.
The 07-08 B5/S5 is quite capable. A B&M radiator kit does wonders for it as well.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:26 PM
Late to the 3G Party

On this particular dyno run, yes.
This drop in power is pretty normal and to be expected then after quick, successive pulls. This would happen to any car. This is no different than hot-lapping and doesn't mean that Rotrex is good for only one pull. Hot-lap any car and this will happen.

Quick Reply: Acura TL Builder's Ultimate Boost Thread