Yet Another Musiclink Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 04:55 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet Another Musiclink Problem

don't know if anyone has had this problem with their musiclink. it seems to have completely stopped working. when i connect it to my car i dont get the ok to disconnect sign anymore, and it continues to charge however no music plays from the ipod...also the nav system shows CD4 in the upper right corner and it does not allow me to change this...anyone else see something like this? thanks...
Old 03-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by skerb1
don't know if anyone has had this problem with their musiclink. it seems to have completely stopped working. when i connect it to my car i dont get the ok to disconnect sign anymore, and it continues to charge however no music plays from the ipod...also the nav system shows CD4 in the upper right corner and it does not allow me to change this...anyone else see something like this? thanks...
Mine was installed on a Monday and quit working on a Wednesday, sounds about like your problem. The dealer installed a new unit the same day and it worked o.k. About three days after they installed the second unit I decided I could not live with the Music Link interface and requested they remove it and refund my money. My dealer gave me no problems with that, they took it out and refunded my $400.00 that I paid when i purchased the car with the Music Link. I think they're sorry they sold the product and I suspect they are not going to be pushing it.

Monday morning I'm having the Blitzsafe installed at a local car audio shop for about half of what i paid for the Music Link including parts and installation.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Banned

I have had no issues with my Musiclink... works as described in the forum...
Old 03-18-2006, 10:20 PM

no problem with mine, it's been 4months now since i got the car.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
same shit with mine Im pissed! ive had it 6 months.... im gonna rip it apart and see whats up and get acura to swap it out
Old 04-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Banned

Still no problems with mine. I love the sound quality- and accept the funky interface as I did the research and knew exactly what I was buying. Frankly the quality is far better than the USA Spec interface I had in my Prelude- which would just stop working for random periods of time.

Tripn- don't get too worked up man- It's under guarantee - just take it into your dealer and they will fix it / replace it - whatever is required. Yeah it bites to have to take the time- but I doubt ripping it apart will help anything and you might void the guarantee.

Am I a fan of ML? Nope- but it does what it these forums say it will do -

Common 'Complaints'

I can't see the artist / title on the display: I agree this would be nice- but I listen to a music collection of 4500 songs I have building for years- and I recognize most every song within the first few measures anyway...

Navigating using the interface is tedious at best... Yes it is... I tend to setup playlists ahead of time and just shuffel those- or just deal with it- it does work- just slow.

I can't see the artist title on the ipod- or I can't change songs using the ipod: I love that the ipod is in the glovebox out of view. But I don't like clutter in the car.

Anyway- I understand the complaints- I think it is overpriced- though I negotiated it into the price of the car when new- I would have mostlikely purchased the USA Spec again if I was buying outright... but hey it works for me-
Old 04-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I meant rip it apart to bring it to the dumb dumbs in the parts dept i got it off ebay and i have to get it replaced at the acura dealer..... I still havent had time to do it all i will probably do it this weekend
Old 04-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Banned

Oh that makes sense...
Old 12-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Advanced

I have this same problem now too... it has been working fine for me for almost the two years since it came out, now all of the sudden when I plug it in, nothing happens to the ipod except it acts like its charging, but never goes to the "do not disconnect" screen.... man I hope its not broken.

I had it installed at the dealer not quite two years ago... would it be covered by the warranty?
Old 12-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by jowaldo
I have this same problem now too... it has been working fine for me for almost the two years since it came out, now all of the sudden when I plug it in, nothing happens to the ipod except it acts like its charging, but never goes to the "do not disconnect" screen.... man I hope its not broken.

I had it installed at the dealer not quite two years ago... would it be covered by the warranty?
It's a rare problem with the newer Acura/Honda radio. It happens with all "add-on" peripherals. It happens with the Blitzsafe and DICE iPod adapters as well. The radio just doesn't want to see it sometimes. 99% of the radio's don't have this problem but when they do it's very annoying.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by uncald4
It's a rare problem with the newer Acura/Honda radio. It happens with all "add-on" peripherals. It happens with the Blitzsafe and DICE iPod adapters as well. The radio just doesn't want to see it sometimes. 99% of the radio's don't have this problem but when they do it's very annoying.
What should I do to try and fix it? Or is it not a fixable thing?
Old 12-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
What should I do to try and fix it? Or is it not a fixable thing?
I'm not sure if it is fixable. A good friend of mine has worked at our local Honda dealership for many years and says that this happens about two times a month. But only on newer Honda cars. Most Music Link owners think it only happens with the Music Link. DICE owners think it's a DICE problem. Blitzsafe, an so on.

The engineers at DICE have been trying to work around this radio issue and have made some ground but have not conquered it yet. Soon though.

Some people have noticed that if you turn the key slowly and leave it in the ON position for a second or two before you start the car, it helps minimize the start-up issue with the radio. Give it a shot and let me know if that helps any with yours.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by uncald4
I'm not sure if it is fixable. A good friend of mine has worked at our local Honda dealership for many years and says that this happens about two times a month. But only on newer Honda cars. Most Music Link owners think it only happens with the Music Link. DICE owners think it's a DICE problem. Blitzsafe, an so on.

The engineers at DICE have been trying to work around this radio issue and have made some ground but have not conquered it yet. Soon though.

Some people have noticed that if you turn the key slowly and leave it in the ON position for a second or two before you start the car, it helps minimize the start-up issue with the radio. Give it a shot and let me know if that helps any with yours.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot... also I wonder if I disconnect the battery from the car if that would reset everything?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Racer

Thanks! I'll give it a shot... also I wonder if I disconnect the battery from the car if that would reset everything?
It would if you wait a few minutes - be sure to have your radio code.

Or you could pull the fuse to the radio.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nick@DICE
It would if you wait a few minutes - be sure to have your radio code.

Or you could pull the fuse to the radio.
Cool thanks... I forgot about the code... I'm hopin doing that would basically just hard reset everything
Old 12-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Advanced

woohoo!!! it works now! All I did was disconnect the battery for like 5 minutes... then when everything rebooted it was as good as new.

thanks everyone