Wiring, Electrical parts and Battery Cables.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Wiring, Electrical parts and Battery Cables.

http://innovativewiring.com/index.html
This guy started his business with us in Impalassforums.com. He has HIGH Quality work, and has smarts. He sells quality relays and such. You guys check him out or I will, Betcha he can do Group buy for battery cables.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Why would you need battery cables? Rarely go out unless you plan to relocate.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Please do not attempt to start a group buy as the seller is not a paying Acurazine vendor. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Instructor

Well it is pretty well known how car manufacturers skimp on wiring size and quality for the whole car.
http://madelectrical.com/electrical-tech.shtml
Read thru some of these tech articles and you will realize for the most part there is small things that could cause premature failure in some system parts. Anyway Innovative wiring will make you a bigger set of cables, bigger size carries more power. I recommend reading alot at mad electrical for battery relocation and wiring stuff right in a car, it is a science.
Dear Mod, I am sorry to imply I would start one without him being a vendor. I will search on how much to become one and see if he would be intrested. I know he hangs out with impalassforums.com alot and offers GB's there, but different forum rules.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't understand the purpose of this thread...
Old 01-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Uhm sure.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Instructor

This is for people who want to buy relay kits, terminals that may fit only GM but can be used to make custom installs with weather-tite connections. He sells and makes quality stuff. Read his "Comments" page. I always improve all things electrical, installing relays on headlights, elec fans, fuel pump and A/C. These parts are made to run with 13.6-14.4 volts, with parts from Innovative wiring and kits from MAD Electrical I know that my parts always run around 14V. I just like knowing I get full performance from my car, call me crazy, just one of those things that always is looked over in performance and the factory will always skimp where they can.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by hofiveo
This is for people who want to buy relay kits, terminals that may fit only GM but can be used to make custom installs with weather-tite connections. He sells and makes quality stuff. Read his "Comments" page. I always improve all things electrical, installing relays on headlights, elec fans, fuel pump and A/C. These parts are made to run with 13.6-14.4 volts, with parts from Innovative wiring and kits from MAD Electrical I know that my parts always run around 14V. I just like knowing I get full performance from my car, call me crazy, just one of those things that always is looked over in performance and the factory will always skimp where they can.
Unless you have problems, I can't see the benefit. If it was that under engineered, we'd see many people with failures.

Aside from that, if you are under warranty, you'll be in for a fight with the dealer if it ever came time to use it.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Instructor

For those that have turbos or superchargers, making sure the fuel pump stays at the advertised flow is a little concern. Look at all the headlight harnesses to convert from say 9006 to H8 or another. For those that are installing stereos and componets for quality connections, plugs, wire, relays etc... Helps keep the stock parts run efficient(?), prolong life maybe. It is really for us electrical geeks maybe. If you want to know what he offers I recommend just running thru what he has to offer. I just love cars and modding all I can. The MAD Electrical site has alot of good reading about how the car system is SUPPOSED to work. I understand most people are scared or do not want to mess with it but it really isnt bad.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hofiveo
For those that have turbos or superchargers, making sure the fuel pump stays at the advertised flow is a little concern. Look at all the headlight harnesses to convert from say 9006 to H8 or another. For those that are installing stereos and componets for quality connections, plugs, wire, relays etc... Helps keep the stock parts run efficient(?), prolong life maybe. It is really for us electrical geeks maybe. If you want to know what he offers I recommend just running thru what he has to offer. I just love cars and modding all I can. The MAD Electrical site has alot of good reading about how the car system is SUPPOSED to work. I understand most people are scared or do not want to mess with it but it really isnt bad.
you my friend are a tool...

thanks for playing...

-Jason
Old 01-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
OP this is the 2nd thread you've created on the same topic. Are you related to owner of MAD Electrical? It seems like you're spamming the board. You also previously mentioned that the owner is sick / poor health.. are you trying to push business to him for that reason?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Instructor

No, just putting info out there that I have found. I have used both and are great people. Some people might find things on these sights to help, thats all. MAD has tried to change rules in NHRA for battery relocation and battery shut off(read his tech stuff). Everybody check voltage at headlights and see if it is 14V?