v710 quit working

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
v710 quit working

I have had my V710 for a couple of weeks now with no problems at all. Last week it just quit working. Well, the outgoing works fine, but any incomming calls do not get recognized by the car. The other problem is that the phone doesn't audibly ring when it is linked either, so my only hope of not missing a call is to actually see the screen light up on the phone and see that someone is calling, which, of course, I never catch. I have tried re-pairing the two, but no luck.

I have gone through all the options on the phone trying to figure out if I canged something, but can't find anything. I spend a tremendous amount of time in my car and on the phone for business, so this is not a good thing...not to mention all the missed calls I get from my customers. Anyway, anyone know a fix? Is it a car malfunction, phone malfunction or operator malfunction? Don't really need a $300 phone if it isn't going to give me Bluetooth!

help please!!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 01:01 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
daviddww - We have noticed before that there may be a correlation between the selected ringtone and when the Acura HFL starts to detect the call (it's suspected to be a purely V710 problem, though).

You problem sounds like a configuration-related problem, since you can make outgoing calls OK. I've had similar stuff happen with my TL, where the phone's configuration was changed in some "harmless" way that kept the phone from working properly with the TL.

My advice would be to run some tests. Have a friend/relative keep calling you (maybe nights/weekend so you don't use any minutes) until you find out what the problem is.

Select the default settings for the "Loud" sound profile. See if you get an incoming notification. Also, try the "Vibrate" (not Vibrate/Ring - that one's known to be flakey). Those two profiles are supposed to work OK. If you've modified either (or both), try to set it back to the original settings.

Also, check your "Car Settings" setup. I have Auto Answer set to "Off", Auto Handsfree set to "On", Power-off Delay set to "0 minutes", and Charger Time set to "Off".

Try deleting the pairing with the TL and then re-"pair" it (pun intended).

If none of those work, do a Ctrl-Alt-Del to your V710 - Turn it off and pull the battery for about a minute or so.

Hopefully, one of these will work for you.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:44 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
In addition to the above, make sure you have a simple ring set for all the calls. I had the same problem--outgoing calls fine, incoming calls wouldn't work--until I read about the ringer issue on this board. I took a cordless phone out into the garage and made calls to my cell phone until I had a ringer that worked (didn't take too long, "Standard" worked fine).

The other thing to note is that if you have unique rings set for particular callers, you may run into this problem with those callers unless you eliminate the unique rings.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Advanced

mine stopped pairing yesterday... so i deleted it and then tried to re-pair it and it still hasnt been able to detect the phone. anyone experience this or have suggestions on what to do? thanks
Old 09-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Instructor

how do you delete the paired phone?
Old 09-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something like Pair - delete, I was reading about it in the "quick user guide".

Does anyones v710 show the proper display on the dash ie. signal , battery, and all that? I get the phone number thats about it.. I actually had a call come in while on the phone and i heard the call waiting beep.. but could not switch over.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by someone
Something like Pair - delete, I was reading about it in the "quick user guide".

Does anyones v710 show the proper display on the dash ie. signal , battery, and all that? I get the phone number thats about it.. I actually had a call come in while on the phone and i heard the call waiting beep.. but could not switch over.
i had the same thing... try switching the call over on the actual phone because the steering wheel button doesnt seem to do it with the v710
Old 09-07-2004, 11:26 AM
fro
7th Gear

Originally Posted by daviddww
I have had my V710 for a couple of weeks now with no problems at all. Last week it just quit working. Well, the outgoing works fine, but any incomming calls do not get recognized by the car. The other problem is that the phone doesn't audibly ring when it is linked either, so my only hope of not missing a call is to actually see the screen light up on the phone and see that someone is calling, which, of course, I never catch. I have tried re-pairing the two, but no luck.

I have gone through all the options on the phone trying to figure out if I canged something, but can't find anything. I spend a tremendous amount of time in my car and on the phone for business, so this is not a good thing...not to mention all the missed calls I get from my customers. Anyway, anyone know a fix? Is it a car malfunction, phone malfunction or operator malfunction? Don't really need a $300 phone if it isn't going to give me Bluetooth!

help please!!!!
As ¿GotJazz? mentioned, the ringer selection seems to affect whether or not you hear an incoming call. One way that seems to work for me so that I don't have to worry about my V710 ringer setting is to change the HFL's incoming call notification from "ring tone" to "prompt". See p.154 of the 2004 TL owners manual - it's in the "Setting up the system" section.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Instructor

you guys are so helpful! I brought out my cordless phone and found that the vibrator ring was the one that worked! Another headache solved by this forum.

Thanks again! It is amazing how helpful this site can be when you weed through all the useless bantering and complaining of creaks and falling ceilings, and who will win which race!