Thinking of doing custom radio install

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thinking of doing custom radio install

i just recently bought a 05 TL non navi and have a couple questions. i have looked into what ppl have been doing custom installs in there cars most of it either requires leaving the screen for the radio and climate controls in the same spot or relocating it to the bottom. what if i was to buy the clock piece from a TL with navi which should have radio display climate controls splice wires into that so i dont have to relocate anything and keep the factory radio, then remove the screen and replace it with a touch screen and navi unit like in this

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/high-definition-mobile-audio-demo-car-2004-acura-tl-dynaudio-arc-ms-8-%2Apics-galore%2A-804628/

i mean i am not try to do all that just touch screen and navi maybe Iphone connection to play videos. i am just asking do you guys think something like this is possible?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
It has been asked before and I don't think it's possible to do. I haven't seen anyone do it so...
Old 03-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Dogmatic Dinosaur

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
I have never seen the clock piece in a non-navi either, but the navi and non-navi use the a different computer. It might be possible, but you would likely be pioneering new ground here.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by prarce2
i just recently bought a 05 TL non navi and have a couple questions. i have looked into what ppl have been doing custom installs in there cars most of it either requires leaving the screen for the radio and climate controls in the same spot or relocating it to the bottom. what if i was to buy the clock piece from a TL with navi which should have radio display climate controls splice wires into that so i dont have to relocate anything and keep the factory radio, then remove the screen and replace it with a touch screen and navi unit like in this

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=804628

i mean i am not try to do all that just touch screen and navi maybe Iphone connection to play videos. i am just asking do you guys think something like this is possible?
No, not possible, entirely. The screen I am using Is just a screen, not a Double Din radio. There is no room where the radio and climate controls are for a Head Unit, only a screen will fit. Now, as far as moving the climate controls to the upper sub display using the Navi sub display, from what I have researched, it is not possible. You can extend the climate control screen from the board for the non-navi and mount the screen where the clock is currently (similar to what is done in the Navi's) but some the info going to the Nav specific sub display runs through the Navigation system itself.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:20 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
niebur3 i wasnt talking about doing a double din in that area i want to keep it as factory as possible. i just wanted to use your idea with the touch screen to play video from lets say IPHONE and maybe navi like you did it. thank for answering my question about the navi display thats what i was wondering if it was just different plugs that could be spliced because in the pictures i seen on here radio station temp and all that are display up there. everyone else thank too.