The Stereo is complete for now....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:58 PM
...::AOA::...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Stereo is complete for now....

Well, i finally got sick of the factory system after a year and half of ranting and raving about it....

SO, I started with a Kenwood 4 channel amp i had from my 2nd gen. Ran a LOC from before the factory amp, and drove the fronts and rears off it. Sounded good, louder anyway, but it still lacked that umph i needed. So I went and picked up some Alpine SPS-600c components. Installed the woofers in the front doors. Sounded a bit better, the oem tweeters still sounded good to me. Today, i had nothing to do, so i said what the hell, lets install the alpine tweets, so i did - didnt notice much of a difference, except I was still lacking that umph.... I didn't want a full box and sub in the trunk, im older been there done that. Plus i still want my trunk space. The OEM sub just wasnt cutting it for me. It was all baffled and distorted. SO, i read up on the Infinity Basslink on here, and most people seemed to like it. Found one on Craigslist new for $120 locally, and went and scooped it up. Popped that little sucker in, and BAM! that umph I was looking for just came around. I would definately recommend it to anyone in the same situation i was in. Its tapped off the OEM sub wiring, so its still controlled through the factory head unit, and its down to -3 or 4 during normal listening, and the system sounds phenomenal. The only issue i still need to resolve is the noise coming from the LOC. Its stuffed up in the passenger kick panel, and there is something interfering with it, including the blower.....maybe a crappy LOC, its a Scoche 4 channel LOC with adjustable gains, thought it was a good product, but if i drop it away from all that, the noise goes away...

Just thought i'd chime in for all you audio fanatics.....