Replacement Wendy Camera, Pioneer ND-BC2 OR Sanyo CCA-BC200?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Replacement Wendy Camera, Pioneer ND-BC2 OR Sanyo CCA-BC200?

So my Wendy Camera is about dead like everyone else who has had it installed a year or so.

I cant seem to find any that look similar. (didnt want to have to drill and what not again and resize the plate frame thing.)

Anyway so I found two that are somewhat similar but I know will still end up being modded.

Sanyo CCA-BC200 & Pioneer ND-BC2

They are both just under $200 (ouch I know but hey I paid wendy $125 for a so called weather proof camera that aint!)

Anyway which do you think is best?

I know the Sanyo has a few more cooler extra features but its also discontinued. (Not that I am worried as I plan to get 3yr warranty for a few bucks, haha) but it also is said according to another Acurazine user that it has a small delay at turning on.

The Pioneer one is about the same size, it is 0.1 WORSE on the lux raiting and has 5deg smaller viewing angle. I cant seem to find anyone saying it has a delay turning on.

So the thing is I am torn between which to get and in hopes someone can help.

If you know any other similar looking ones that are small and wont die in a year please post!

I guess I could always look at the factory camera and re-wire it or something too.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
Do an eBay search for "Boyo VTK350". Currently $38-89. Its big, but it works great. I can't speak to longevity as I have only had mine installed for a month or so, but it is still going strong!

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/my-wendys-cam-went-out-i-bought-big-boyo-camera-711386/
Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
Do an eBay search for "Boyo VTK350". Currently $38-89. Its big, but it works great. I can't speak to longevity as I have only had mine installed for a month or so, but it is still going strong!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711386
Old 05-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Racer

I dont like how big that camera is and for the price I can almost bet it will die in the weather after a year or so link wendys. I like these other two because they have a few extra nice features and are a real brand with a real warranty.

I just dont want to keep modding the car for a different camera each time, lol
Old 05-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
I was looking at getting the Sanyo one since it's features, and air-cam view are pretty nice. As well its a tiny bit smaller in height than the pioneer one is. Crutchfield has some excellent info on them:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_140CCAB...=detailed_info

and

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130NDBC...=detailed_info

I'll probably end up getting a sanyo one in a month or two and hooking it up to the converter I have already... Since your local I wouldn't mind meeting you or having you come over to take a look, or vice versa depending on who gets it first... BTW check out the Florida chat thread in the Southeast section!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by csmeance
I was looking at getting the Sanyo one since it's features, and air-cam view are pretty nice. As well its a tiny bit smaller in height than the pioneer one is. Crutchfield has some excellent info on them:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_140CCAB...=detailed_info

and

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130NDBC...=detailed_info

I'll probably end up getting a sanyo one in a month or two and hooking it up to the converter I have already... Since your local I wouldn't mind meeting you or having you come over to take a look, or vice versa depending on who gets it first... BTW check out the Florida chat thread in the Southeast section!
You know the ONLY thing that held me back so far from just getting the Sanyo was that it has a delay before it comes on.... I know its said to be short but as someone said "your only in R a short time"..

I wish the lense stuck out a little too though like my old wendy one.

But I may just get a replacement wendy one from a guy who is selling one here.

I found a place that will get me extended warranty for $10 for 3 year on it... The Sanyo one I should add is also discontinued. They have no replacement.

The Pioneer one however is current model (but has been out a while). Sanyo is just best bang for buck and only fault I see is the delay power on.

Anyway let me know in a PM or something if you get it, and if I end up changing my mind and getting one I will let ya know.

Anyone else have another other options please chime in.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Professional Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So which camera did you end up getting? I'm deciding now between Wendy's cam or a name brand option. Also, where did you find a $10 three year warranty?
Old 06-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Racer

Didn't buy one yet, lol

Looking tonight though again.

Still have not 100% decided, found Panasonic has one also but its CMOS not CCD.

Im leaning towards the Sanyo because the cool features but wish I could find out how long the delay is on it before it powers up... If its only a sec or two than no biggie, but if it takes 20 sec to power up than by than I would be done backing up, lol

I was going to get the replacement wendy cam (like my dead one with the warranty) but the user selling stopped replying so I guess he sold it.

As for the warranty, I was looking on places like squaretrade.com and I have mad coupons/promo codes for discounts I can find online always to bring it down some.

But in a nut shell they will warranty anything from any store, or if from another party, needs to get listed on eBay. Have used them for a few things and its great deal for things you know will die or are worried may.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Racer

Well I ordered the Sanyo Camera, cost me $210 shipped from beachaudio.com and used a free shipping coupon.

I am going to buy the 3 year extended warranty. After coupon it will cost about $20 from Squaretrade.com

The $10 warranty was on the wendy cam... Mine is dead and I cant get another so this will be my new toy. I figure if I get 3 years out of it I am happy. Car is already 3 years old so by that time it will be 6 and ready for a replacement. I am just glad that my tv2navi box thing is still working good. That thing is powered on 100% of the time the car is on and I was worried it would be the first thing to go but so far not one inch of trouble with it.

Only complaint electrical with this car is the noise that shows on my navi screen. Its not much though.

Oh well.

I will post an update & review when I get it installed. In the mean time if you have not looked at the other Acura user with one check his review out:

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/review-sanyo-cca-bc200-backup-cam-396043/

I figured for the $15 more this cost over the Pioneer I rather have extra featurs to play with.