Renew XM Radio for $77 for 12 months (Part 2)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 11:08 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, still working, followed the script exact, gave my radio ID and my CC#. I was off the phone within 5 minutes. Didn't need to give the code either.

Just follow that script on page 1 of this thread, and you'll have no problems.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:15 AM
Cruisin'

MAN I LOVE THIS SITE! Just made the call and didn't ask for a promo code...just the radio code and my payment info. I've been checkin' this site out for awhile and it's time I said thanks for all the info I've read. You guys rock!
Old 06-02-2006, 06:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Talking Rolling out red carpet!

BackinBlack, Melit, Papagiorgio: Welcome to the posting part of Acurazine.com.

This thread is actually the second one on this topic but the first was getting unwieldy with over 700 posts to read through to get to the meat.

I broke it off and started this one which is now getting pretty bloated as well. We may have to start over again for brevity and clarity.

You guys/girls are very welcome. Our main goal at Acurazine.com is to provide you with the inside information you need and the networking you love to enhance your ownership experience. AND: It's all free!

You can return the favor in a couple of ways.

1. Pass it on! Tell someone about Acurazine.com so they, too, can benefit.

2. Rate the threads using the gold stars on the top right of the thread.

3. Contribute your own hints, tips, and experiences.

4. Patronize our sponsors.

We moderators make an effort to keep things neat, tidy, and flowing smoothly here. Part of that involves making sure that postings are in the right forum and correct thread. Before you start a thread, check (try the 'Search' function) to see that another, similar thread doesn't already exist. If it does, just jump in on that one with your on-topic post.

We have catalogued the most interesting technical threads over the years. You can find them in the sticky thread called "3G Garage". Rets and Ron A have invested a lot of time and effort so that you can find your topic quickly. (Thanks, guys.)

If you have an administrative issue or just want to ask a question, don't hesitate to send a Private Message (PM) to any moderator. There are no stupid questions. We once were "noobies" like you.

It puts a smile on my face every morning to see another couple of people saving money on their XM radio subscription. Look around the fora; there's lots of good stuff in here.

Dave
MegaModerator
Acurazine.com
Old 06-04-2006, 12:20 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks for this post. It still works. I called in this morning and there were no questions asked other than the radio code, payment info, and address verification.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Senior Moderator

You are welcome, MetalAxe.

And welcome to the forum. Please jump in and participate. Check the index of threads and forums-- there's something for everyone.

But be warned: Don't go into Ramblings without a helmet. It can get pretty raw over there. We give lots of leeway to free expression in that forum and we (collectively) tolerate more colorful language - up to a point.

They think we folks in 3G TL and RL are more refined and proper.

And to some extent, I guess there is some truth to that. We have already displayed our great character by choosing one of the most refined performance luxury automobiles available.

Dave
Old 06-04-2006, 10:15 PM
2nd Gear

im not sure if this was already brought up...

i probably know the answer but i just dont think it makes sense. does acura give you the option of having sirius in place of xm? im a huge fan of sirius and can stand having xm and also dont want to have a damn sirius receiver on top of all the other gadgets.

regards

Al
Old 06-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Senior Moderator

No. Sirius radio is not an option currently in Acuras. And XM radio is standard equipment on the TL in the United States.

What is the difference between the two? Why do you consider one to be wonderful and the other to be unacceptable?
Old 06-04-2006, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Xpditor
No. Sirius radio is not an option currently in Acuras. And XM radio is standard equipment on the TL in the United States.

What is the difference between the two? Why do you consider one to be wonderful and the other to be unacceptable?

honestly, the sports package (NFL) and howard... im on the road on sundays and sirius has all NFL games...
Old 06-05-2006, 12:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by razor6917
honestly, the sports package (NFL) and howard... im on the road on sundays and sirius has all NFL games...
OIC. I guess it depends what you're in to.

XM has all the MLB games and college football as well as the network/cable sport talk shows. I hardly ever listen to those channels because I'm usually able to watch them on TV as I do the NFL games. So, to me, that's not a deal breaker.

I always assumed they were pretty much the same. I am either listening to the talk shows or my DVD-A in my car.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:48 PM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
Smile $77 XM 2nd renewal

Worked like a charm
Was on hold 11 minutes
Customer Service rep told me I didn't qualify, because I renewed last July, for the $77 price
After explaining, I received another promo in the mail, & threatened, to disconnect my service, he gladly relented, & charged my Amex, $77 till 7/07!
Old 06-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Xpditor
OIC. I guess it depends what you're in to.

XM has all the MLB games and college football as well as the network/cable sport talk shows. I hardly ever listen to those channels because I'm usually able to watch them on TV as I do the NFL games. So, to me, that's not a deal breaker.

I always assumed they were pretty much the same. I am either listening to the talk shows or my DVD-A in my car.

Good post, I'm now debating on getting mine reactivated! I have had sirius for the last 1.5years, love it to death. I am driving cross country next week and it's tempting to activate rather than bring my sirius radio with... I just want the music selection, but I'd still want sirius over xm any day of the week, I've done both! I think sirius has a better lineup of music that I'm into; modern rock, punk, rock, hiphop... nonetheless you can't go wrong with either! it sure is nice having it built-in, though... I own 1800 shares of sirius, so this may be a conflict of interest?

Thanks again for the info, looks like a great resourse here....
Old 06-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by apexii
Good post, I'm now debating on getting mine reactivated! I have had sirius for the last 1.5years, love it to death. I am driving cross country next week and it's tempting to activate rather than bring my sirius radio with... I just want the music selection, but I'd still want sirius over xm any day of the week, I've done both! I think sirius has a better lineup of music that I'm into; modern rock, punk, rock, hiphop... nonetheless you can't go wrong with either! it sure is nice having it built-in, though... I own 1800 shares of sirius, so this may be a conflict of interest?

Thanks again for the info, looks like a great resourse here....
You're welcome, apexii. And welcome to Acurazine.com. I'm sure your new "home away from home" will be mutually beneficial.

Dave
Old 06-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Sloppy Seconds

Originally Posted by CPR
Worked like a charm
Was on hold 11 minutes
Customer Service rep told me I didn't qualify, because I renewed last July, for the $77 price
After explaining, I received another promo in the mail, & threatened, to disconnect my service, he gladly relented, & charged my Amex, $77 till 7/07!
ATTENTION!

This is the first confirmed DOUBLE HIT on the $77 deal.

I have mine coming up soon.

That is: 1) I had the 3 month free trial, then 2) the one year $60 deal, then 3) the one year $77 deal, and now I'm up for year number 3.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:31 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Right on, I'll be trying to renew next month for a second helping of the $77 deal... I'll let you guys know how it goes!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Racer

Got the $77 deal

Thanks Xpditor,
I called XM today to renew my subscription. I followed the Dialog on the first page and worked like a charm!

1 year -$77.00

Old 06-06-2006, 10:07 AM
05' WDP A-SPEC

so i called to activate my xm today. talked to the first guy and told him acura said to call them and they should give me a $77 promo for a first time user and activation (thought that up myself) and he said he would give me the $77 promo no problem. i didnt have my radio id though. i went and got it, called back to a different person and they gave me all kinds of shit about how they wont give me the promo so i hung up on that bitch, called right back, told the new person that i spoke with someone ealier that said they were going to give me the promotion and she hooked it up. a straight $77. no taxes, no activation fee. it was sweet!
Old 06-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator

As with most things, you'll find it goes a lot easier if you follow the instructions. :wink:

But, all's well that ends well. Congrats.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:40 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by edsonfire
so i called to activate my xm today. talked to the first guy and told him acura said to call them and they should give me a $77 promo for a first time user and activation (thought that up myself) and he said he would give me the $77 promo no problem. i didnt have my radio id though. i went and got it, called back to a different person and they gave me all kinds of shit about how they wont give me the promo so i hung up on that bitch, called right back, told the new person that i spoke with someone ealier that said they were going to give me the promotion and she hooked it up. a straight $77. no taxes, no activation fee. it was sweet!
Example of what happens when you don't follow instructions.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:28 AM
05' WDP A-SPEC

you guys act like it was a problem. i feel it was an easy success. ive had many companies stiff me on promos and money before. XM was a peice of cake. your acting like i had to go rough the dude up to get a promo price!
Old 06-07-2006, 03:29 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can confirm that you can get the 'zwinback' deal more than once. I just signed up for my 2nd time using the same deal. Funny thing is that he stated that my account was already automatically renewed at a $17 for 3 months but that expires in Sept. He did go ahead and reset me up with the $77 deal for another year.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Works like a charm. So far I have used the promotional offers twice.

Just remember to cancel your membership the day it expires or they will reinstate it like they did me the first time and try to stick you with one expensive ass bill. It's been 6 months that mine has been expired before I decided to go ahead and reconnect it.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:38 AM
2nd Gear

Perfect

Got my first bill for $45.33 after my $60 for 1 Year expired. I cancelled last week then called today and used the script. Done in 5 minutes for $77 and the lady even credited me the $8 they had prorated for the portion of the $45.33 that I had used.

Thank You!
Old 06-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Intermediate

I just tried three times and failed. I activated last year with "zwinback" and when the customer service reps enter my radio code, the database record reveals that.

I was consistently informed that you can only activate with ths coupon code one time only.

Is there another phone number to call other the 800-682-4114?

TIA
Old 06-09-2006, 08:16 PM
1st Gear

Just renewed at $77.00

Hi everyone,

Just joined this forum.

Wanted to let everyone know that as of 5 minutes ago - the zwinback promotion worked - very simple. Was only on the phone for no more that 5 minutes. Most of that time was giving him my Radio Code and Credit Card #.

Called 1-800-682-4114.

Told the guy my 3 months free trial was about to expire and I wanted to renew with the promotional flyer I got in the mail.

He asked the promotion code. I said zwinback. He looked it up and said, Oh the $77.00 promotion. I said, Yes.

He said OK, your initial 3 mos. free service now ends June 17th, so the $77.00 renewal will take you through June 17, 2007.

I said great. He got my info and it was done - no questions asked.

THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND TIPS FOR GETTING THIS RENEWAL.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by honda_s2k
I just tried three times and failed. I activated last year with "zwinback" and when the customer service reps enter my radio code, the database record reveals that.

I was consistently informed that you can only activate with ths coupon code one time only.

Is there another phone number to call other the 800-682-4114?

TIA

I dunno doesn't sound like you're sticking to the script. I called today gave the girl my radio ID and info. She asked what she can do for me and I followed with my subscription has been expired for several months and I just got a letter about a promotional offer of $77 for a year. She said so you would like to take us up on the offer and it was pretty much done from there. Didn't mention the promo code and she didn't ask for it.

Try again and don't mention the promo code unless they ask. Also, I've used the promo offer twice now with no problems.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Talking Rolling out red carpet...

SilverV, welcome to Acurazine and the 3G TL Forum.

There's lots more good information and good people here to enhance your ownership experience with your Acura.

I suggest you check out the 3G Garage sticky thread on the main index page. There is a wealth of information there.

Use the "Search" function to find threads that address your issues. Someone once said that "there is nothing new under the sun." Most questions have been asked and answered and you will most likely find them with a topical search.

If not, start a thread of your own. Check the index and make sure you are in the appropriate forum and give it a try.

If you have a comment or question, the members here are very helpful. Or, you can send a private message (PM) to any moderator for assistance.

Again, welcome to our family.

Dave
Old 06-10-2006, 09:39 AM
10th Gear

Thumbs up Worked on 6/10!

Just called in and used the script. Worked on the first try. It was amusing that the operator couldn't remember her name for about 10 seconds - "Hi, this is XM Radio, my name is uh uh uh uh uh uh!" I guess they use fake names.

Anyway, I'm glad to have my XM back! I was kind of paranoid to try this offer 'cause it sounded a little too good to be true. My trial finally got cut off after 4 months. It really drove home how much I used it when I found that I had none of my local stations programmed into any of my presets!
Old 06-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Cruisin'

Also Worked Today 06/10/2006

I Stuck to the script and renewed for the $77. They didn't even ask for the Promo Code.

Thanks guys!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Intermediate

It just worked for me

My trial expired in March, and I just activated using the $77 deal. No problems.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:32 AM
Team Anthracite Member

I got this $77 promotion last year. My credit card was billed after my 3 free months were up. I looked at my credit card bill for May this year and was billed $21.19 from XM. I do not know what this charge is for. I will be calling them later today. Has anyone gotten a charge from XM roughly a year later that isn't a renewal charge? I looked at my statements from a year ago and see the $77 charge and its rather odd that this $21.19 shows up a year later.

I don't think this is a renewal charge for the year. If it is, thats great!!! But I think they are trying to back bill me for taxes or something. I will post when I find out more. I will also try to continue the service at $77.

-Pocus
Old 06-14-2006, 04:33 PM
4th Gear

Offer still worked as of 6/14/06

ZWINBACK worked for me on 6/14/06. However, the XM sales girl did mention that the offer was discontinued. Who cares... I got the 77/yr deal with no sales tax. Sweet.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:39 PM
7th Gear

Hey guys I have tried SEVERAL times calling the 800-682-4114 number and get the XM greeting then being told I was getting transferred to the next rep. and my call keeps getting disconnected. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 06-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Rolling out red carpet...

Originally Posted by zena22
Hey guys I have tried SEVERAL times calling the 800-682-4114 number and get the XM greeting then being told I was getting transferred to the next rep. and my call keeps getting disconnected. Has this happened to anyone else?

Zena, first and foremost: Welcome to Acurazine.com and the the 3G Forum. I encourage you to become involved to whatever level you are comfortable. (She's been lurking for six months and this is her first post! )

Secondly: Yes. That has happened from time to time. XM uses subcontracted call centers. I think some are out of country. And some are a train wreck.

But, that works to our advantage as we add up the savings.

Keep trying. You should get thru. If not, let us know and we'll get you another phone number. Just have your "rap" down pat and your radio code handy.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:09 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pocus
I got this $77 promotion last year. My credit card was billed after my 3 free months were up. I looked at my credit card bill for May this year and was billed $21.19 from XM. I do not know what this charge is for. I will be calling them later today. Has anyone gotten a charge from XM roughly a year later that isn't a renewal charge? I looked at my statements from a year ago and see the $77 charge and its rather odd that this $21.19 shows up a year later.

I don't think this is a renewal charge for the year. If it is, thats great!!! But I think they are trying to back bill me for taxes or something. I will post when I find out more. I will also try to continue the service at $77.

-Pocus
Same happened to me. I was told that it was the taxes. My subscription stopped after two months until I paid it. So I did and they started my 12 months from June 11th. Not bad for their mistake.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:15 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by wwmccs1
ZWINBACK worked for me on 6/14/06. However, the XM sales girl did mention that the offer was discontinued. Who cares... I got the 77/yr deal with no sales tax. Sweet.
Still works, no problems! Thanks for the tip Acurazine.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Welcome, Kumps. Pull up a keyboard and sit down.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:44 PM
rec
Advanced

Two questions:

My TL's about 7 weeks old. Does it matter if I go for the XM renewal now or should I wait another 5 weeks until the XM is closer to expiring?

Is this CC charge a one time thing and XM will stop in a year or is it a recurring charge so that they will automatically start charging my CC a monthly non-discounted rate after a year?

Thanks all...still learning much from this great site.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:15 PM
Cruisin'

Worked for Me

6/5/06 No Problem .. 3 minutes max.

Just bought used 06 -- 5500 miles -- somebodies loss was my gain !!!

06 MT NBP
Old 06-15-2006, 08:21 PM
7th Gear

Smile

I tried again and it WoRkEd! I wasn't asked for the promo code at all! I recently had a son and haven't had time to post or even look for that matter, but will definitely work on that!
Thank you all for the help and the great tip share!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 08:34 PM
2nd Gear

Hey everyone. I stumbled across this thread googling something or other about XM. My 3-month free trial period expired a couple of weeks ago, and I was considering re-upping; this forum made my decision for me...

I noticed a bit up-thread where someone asked if this would work for a Honda as well. Well, I drive a Honda, and I'm here to confirm, it does. Just tried it, followed the 'script' and renewed for $77, no 'zwinback' mention needed. So if any lurkers out there are curious, doesn't have to be an Acura, the promo will work.

Thanks, acurazine-ers!

Quick Reply: Renew XM Radio for $77 for 12 months (Part 2)