Remote wire on audio install PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote wire on audio install PLEASE HELP!

Okay I finally got started doing my very first attempt in audio install for my non-navi 2006 TL. What I'm trying to install is a 3sixty.2 with a PDX-4.100 and PDX-1.600 amps by Alpine. I have already done a search for "remote" on this forum and read for several hours but don't really have a consistant answer for what I am installing. Some had mentioned about a "Add-A-Circuit" from the fuse box and some tapped into the existing stock amp and some had tapped into the big black cable under the steering coulum and many have had problems. So my question is that. Where is the best place to get my remote wire for the 3sixty. and the two amps? I understand that my 3sixty.2 needs a "switched +12V" but where to I get it from and how with what materials if need any special materials such as "add-a-circuit"? The manual also tells me that my 3sixty.2 "REM" can either be an input or output. Which means that if I use the "REM" an an input it will turn on and off the 3sixty.2. But if I use it for output the 3sixty will turn using sinal sense and will then able to turn on and off amplier or other accessories. But using the 3sixty.2 "REM" and an output just how many amplifiers can it turn on since I do have two after market amps needing a remote signal? So again:

Where do I get the "switch +12volts" signal for my 3sixty.2?

If I use the "REM" of the 3sixty.2 as an ouput to turn on other devices, will it be sufficient for two other amps?

But if I use the "REM" of the 3sixty as an input (to turn on the 3sixty.2) where to I get the remote signals for my two other amps and how to go about connecting or doing this?

If needed what else do I need such as "add-a-circuit" or other devices to complete this remote issue and where can I purchase?

Please Please please help this noobie with his first install....
Old 05-21-2007, 01:40 AM
Instructor

Anyone...???
Old 05-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Advanced

Just tap into the accessory fuse 32 in fusebox. That's where I have my remote wire for my amp. Works fine. You can find the add-a circuit at radio shack. As for the remote on the amp, you should be able to just tap into the same remote wire that you used for the 3-sixty for each amp. I did the same thing in my previous car when I used two amps. Not sure if it was the best way, but I had no problems. Another location for +12V switched is the power outlet inside the center console, but you will have to take it apart to access it.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Instructor

The 3Sixty does not need switched +12V. It can auto detect from the speaker level inputs and turn on/off automatically. Check the jumper settings to see what modes its setup for currently.

Also note that the power input to the 3sixty should not be switched. There was a notice on the RF website about a typo in the manual.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tejesh83
The 3Sixty does not need switched +12V. It can auto detect from the speaker level inputs and turn on/off automatically. Check the jumper settings to see what modes its setup for currently.

Also note that the power input to the 3sixty should not be switched. There was a notice on the RF website about a typo in the manual.
Okay you got me confused now because if you are talking about signal sensing it is talking about the "REM" (remote) turn on. Which can be used either as an input or output which means that if you don't use that "REM" as an input the 3sixty will turn on via signal sensing. YOU DO need a +12v switched power for the "B+" terminal on the 3sixty and not to be confused with the "REM" terminal of the 3sixty. Just making that clear.

Everyone thanks for the input. Just disregard all my other questions before this post. What I want to know now is:

1. Where should I tap in for a +12v switched power (is on only when the intion key is in the "ACC" or "Run" position) for my 3sixty.2?

2. Where can I tap in for my signal for the "REM" terminal on my 3sixty?

I will be be using the "REM" on my 3sixty.2 as an output and I will run it (Daisy chain) to my two amps. From there it should be easy listening on my new upgraded system the way it was meant to be heard Thanks a bunch to all.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Instructor

Oops. I only need number 1 question answered and disregard number 2. lol I keep thinking I will use it as an input but I said I was going to use it as an output to turn on my two amps. lol
Old 05-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Advanced

Look Here

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...7&page=2&pp=25
Old 05-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PowerCommander
Okay you got me confused now because if you are talking about signal sensing it is talking about the "REM" (remote) turn on. Which can be used either as an input or output which means that if you don't use that "REM" as an input the 3sixty will turn on via signal sensing. YOU DO need a +12v switched power for the "B+" terminal on the 3sixty and not to be confused with the "REM" terminal of the 3sixty. Just making that clear.

Everyone thanks for the input. Just disregard all my other questions before this post. What I want to know now is:

1. Where should I tap in for a +12v switched power (is on only when the intion key is in the "ACC" or "Run" position) for my 3sixty.2?

2. Where can I tap in for my signal for the "REM" terminal on my 3sixty?

I will be be using the "REM" on my 3sixty.2 as an output and I will run it (Daisy chain) to my two amps. From there it should be easy listening on my new upgraded system the way it was meant to be heard Thanks a bunch to all.
The "B+" terminal on the 3sixty SHOULD NOT BE SWITCHED.... it has to be a CONSTANT 12V Source... which means it's always HOT whether you have car on or off... this connection is similar to an Amplifier Power Wire...
Old 05-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Instructor

Sorry if I confused you, but like rodneyc77 said, hook it up like an amp (always on +12V).

I plan to mount my 3sixty under the passenger seat to keep it close to the stock amp. For power, I'll probably just tap into the 12V power going to the stock amp once I verify that it's not switched. I could also mount in the trunk with the amps and just tap into the distribution block feeding the amps.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:12 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
That's what I did.... I used the 12V powering the stock amp...
Old 05-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Instructor

Taking it from the instructions on the book for my 3sixty.2 on page six #3 it says:

"Connect the RED (B+) wire to a source of switched +12V (is on only when the ignition key is in the "Accessory(ACC)" or "run" Position)."

Now unless I am mistaken, power from car battery can range from 12V to 14V but at start up can provide power of up to 18V. Which means that if both of you connected your 3sixty to the amp power, that may fry your 3sixty because it is only rated for a 12v source. On top of that I think both of you might be mistaking the 3sixty "B+" terminal as a remote terminal which is not. It is for power but the 3sixty has some sort of built in relay that will only turn on the 3sixty via remote signal (if you are using the "REM" as an input" or "signal sensing" (if you are using the "REM" terminal as an output) to turn on the 3sixty. By the way you both have your 3sixty "B+" terminal hooked up it seems that if you used your "REM" signal as an output instead of input signal your 3sixty is very capable of turning on even without your car being on just as long as the 3sixty is using signal sensing method to turn itself on. Anytime it picks up signal it will turn on even without your car ignition in the on position. Just examples and assumptions but it seems that is what I am getting by the way you both connected your 3sixty. I will still hook it up to a "switched +12V source" since I only want it to turn on when my car is in the "ACC" or "run" position. The difference is like an amplifier that is hooked up directly to the battery and you take the remote wire and send signal to it the amp will turn on without the car ignition being in the "ACC" or "run" position because it has signal and a direct power source from battery. If you hook up the 3sixty the right way (to a "switched +12V source) and you take the remote wire and send signal to it, the 3sixty will not turn on unless you turn the car ignition to the "ACC" or "run" position. So am I all wrong about this?