Remote Start Stock Remote??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by vinha916
read my post before you talk.if u dont get it , read 3 more time if your saying you have some knowledge.

READ THIS COMPLETELY "This is what i think. Whenever your ignition B+ feed into keyless box . it basicly disable your remote. THerefore, you must bypass your Transmitter Keyless REceiver Unit. THere is a Yellow wire feed from Fuse box Ignition 1 (fuse 21) 7 amp. That wire actually control your FOB transmitter unit. So, all you have to do is cut that wire and boom your in business. If you dont understand, just ask me."

And where do i asked for money? REREAD my post please please please...and i really post all the info. if you dont get it. THEN ASK>>> I also post a schemetic, if you blind enought sorry i cant help. At this ppoint, i should of listen to rbf351, rather than doing alll research and got nothing but really some jack ass respond.
Would you mind posting your schematic so that the advanced members can really what what is happening and confirm.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
first of all, can you see this pic? http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?i...7259141nc9.jpg if you can. locate that controler and cut the yellow wire. really, i think it is the easiest way instead of schematic. but if you still want it i will try to post to you tomorrow. good luck.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:30 AM
2024 TLX Type-S

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts
FWIW, I pulled fuse 21, and was able to use the keyfob after remote starting the car, so I think it's safe to say that what has been posted is correct. However, I don't want to just cut that yellow wire and leave it like that, nor do I want to bother hooking up a relay so that it doesn't send a signal when the car is started. I was trying to figure out how to use that yellow wire in combination with my Valet 651T, and I think I know how it gets connected, but since I'm not 100% sure, I'm not going to go any further...
Old 12-10-2007, 07:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BrandonClaps

I didn't name call. I simply PM'd you and asked you about what you had done, you never replied.
never said you called me a name, someone else did. maybe i just replied/quoted the wrong post.

either way it was figured by vinha916. now you just need to figure the last step out which is how to get the keyless entry to shut back down after the remote start is killed (after you press the brake pedal). again it's nothing more than a 1 wire connection.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by NTP66
FWIW, I pulled fuse 21, and was able to use the keyfob after remote starting the car, so I think it's safe to say that what has been posted is correct. However, I don't want to just cut that yellow wire and leave it like that, nor do I want to bother hooking up a relay so that it doesn't send a signal when the car is started. I was trying to figure out how to use that yellow wire in combination with my Valet 651T, and I think I know how it gets connected, but since I'm not 100% sure, I'm not going to go any further...
Most of the "stand alone" DEI remote starts have an IGNITION input and IGNITION output. They are both yellow wires coming from the remote start module. If these are connected correctly the remote start module will handle the signal sent to the keyless module. If your 651T has these wires you will cut the ignition lead from your cars keyless module and connect both sides of the cut wire to the corresponding wire from the remote start module.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I believe that he was referencing the DEI 561T... Pin 3 (yellow wire) on the primary harness (H1) is intended for that purpose...

H1/3 YELLOW (+) ignition output to RF system
As an add-on to an after market security system: If connected, disconnect the ignition/accessory input of the remote controlled security or keyless entry system. Connect the H1/3 YELLOW ignition output to the ignition/accessory input of the remote controlled security or keyless entry system. The wire will prevent the host system from sensing that the ignition is on during remote start operation.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by uncald4
Most of the "stand alone" DEI remote starts have an IGNITION input and IGNITION output. They are both yellow wires coming from the remote start module. If these are connected correctly the remote start module will handle the signal sent to the keyless module. If your 651T has these wires you will cut the ignition lead from your cars keyless module and connect both sides of the cut wire to the corresponding wire from the remote start module.
i am not sure bout that one. i dont think remote starter company think of that for you to begin with.

rbf351, lol man. just tell them which wire. if you dont then i have to do more reading. lolz.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BrandonClaps
either you don't understand the workings of it, or i don't...

if it is open all the time, and not open when the car is started... then why would you use a relay to open it only when the car is started?? still doesn't make sense

the idea is to not let the keyless module see the ign. so a relay will open that wire so it doesnt know the car is started. this is just crazy now. i was upset cause some guy( i cant remember who) chimed in and said he got the info then said he wouldnt give the info. All that comes to my mind is " why even post."

TO the others-----PAY FOR INFO. fine, i pay you show up and do it. that is not what we asked for.

in the end if i wanted to pay i wouldnt have gone to the "FORUM"
Old 12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Racer

custom built, you're making the situation worse. lets try to figure this out if you still want to make it work. instead of keep goin back and forth on who have the info want moeny for it. and again, why you need relay? you need to explain why.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:58 AM
2nd Gear

Yellow wire at Keyless Receiver wrong

I'd like to get this discussion going again because the consensus of cutting the yellow wire connected to the keyless receiver module doesn't work. I tried it and someone else posted earlier that they tried it, the stock remote still doesn't work when the car is started.

Removing fuse 21 does work so we're on the right track. In fact with that fuse out you can even keep the stock alarm activated while remote starting. I have the electrical troubleshooting guide for my '04 TL and fuse 21 disables a bunch of stuff as well as that yellow wire.

Right now I'm suspecting the IG22 input on the MICU but it looks like that thing is buried inside the dash fuse box. Anybody ever try going in there?
Old 12-31-2007, 02:09 AM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
quit being an asshole.

[that's meant for one person]
Old 12-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Racer

so , you're saying cuttig yellow wired doesn't work? I really don't have a remote starter to test them out. what kind of remote starter you guys have? i can get one and try it out.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:50 PM
2nd Gear

You could probably test it just by starting the car with the key and see if the remote works.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Advanced

I got the DEI Valet 561R. Still trying to figure this out...
Old 02-26-2008, 05:20 AM
Make Nice, Not Rice

umm, can someone just give me the info in a nut-shell. I have an 07 TL-S MT
1. Which radar should i get? and how much does it cost on avg.
2. If going with the option of having two remotes, does the stock key fob still work to unlock doors/pop drunk and roll windows down?
3. Does this messed with the cars adv. electronics in some way
4. How much for installation about?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:43 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did someone ever get a DIY going for this mod? It seemed to show progress and then dropped off suddenly?

At any rate, this would be nice to have...
Old 02-28-2008, 01:14 AM
Advanced

Still couldn't get the remote to work after car is started. I hope someone can figure it out
Old 02-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Make Nice, Not Rice

my mistake in Question 1, i meant "Remote Start" not radar. haha
Old 03-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Where in phily you got your remote starter done?
Old 02-20-2010, 04:42 AM
Advanced

bringing an old post back to life.. interested to see if the time between the last post and my post now, if anyone's made headway.
otherwise i'm still searching away..
i'd like this option, because i've gone the route of the tl-s switchblade key, so i do not want to carry two fobs, and i like having a key/fob in one, as opposed to my original tl key with the new dei systems that allow you to pop trunk, doors, windows down built into its programming.