Old 11-29-2007, 07:39 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dolt +1
Old 11-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Instructor

I'm pretty sure that those type of comments are not gonna help him give out the secret.
Hopefully he changes his mind, and shares the secret!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Instructor

what about using a 2007 Acura OEM alarm/remote starter accessory from the acura MDX?? It has a nice looking acura'ish keyfob with LCD.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by uncald4
In older Honda/Acura's you cut the ignition input wire to the security module. One side of the cut wire would go to the ignition output of the remote start and one would go to the ignition input of the remote start. On the older Acura's this wire was yellow at the security module.
Hey uncald4... you have it figured out already... the 3G TL's work the same way... and it's still a yellow wire heading towards the keyless receiver Unit that's under the left side of the dash (directly above the under dash fuse box and on the dashboard wire harness). The connector is a 5 pin GREEN. The colors are as follows in the connector:

1. Black (ground)
2. Pink/Black (signal out, to under-dash Fuse/Relay Box MICU, then to Power Window master switch in drivers door)
3. Yellow (Ignition 1, Fuse 21)
4. ----
5. Grey/Blue (B+, Fuse 6)

As you know... when the yellow wire is HOT, the Keyless receiver Unit stops sending a signal to the MICU which doesn't send a signal to the power Window Master Switch, which doesn't open the doors anymore through the key fob...

My thoughts is that the Keyless Receiver Unit is like a regular 30A automotive relay with a built in Antenna and Transmitter...

I think that a person can open up the keyless receiver unit and attach a more powerfull antenna to it... basically, so that the range of the Key Fob could be compatible to the aftermarket types...

Good Luck...
Old 11-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by rodneyc77
Hey uncald4... you have it figured out already...

Good Luck...
WOW! Great research. This should be the same with all newer Honda's. I'm going to have to try this with my Accord. Thank you very much for posting this for everyone.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
i wonder if the trunk release would work too
Old 11-29-2007, 08:06 PM
2024 TLX Type-S

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by rodneyc77
Hey uncald4... you have it figured out already... the 3G TL's work the same way... and it's still a yellow wire heading towards the keyless receiver Unit that's under the left side of the dash (directly above the under dash fuse box and on the dashboard wire harness). The connector is a 5 pin GREEN. The colors are as follows in the connector:

1. Black (ground)
2. Pink/Black (signal out, to under-dash Fuse/Relay Box MICU, then to Power Window master switch in drivers door)
3. Yellow (Ignition 1, Fuse 21)
4. ----
5. Grey/Blue (B+, Fuse 6)

As you know... when the yellow wire is HOT, the Keyless receiver Unit stops sending a signal to the MICU which doesn't send a signal to the power Window Master Switch, which doesn't open the doors anymore through the key fob...

My thoughts is that the Keyless Receiver Unit is like a regular 30A automotive relay with a built in Antenna and Transmitter...

I think that a person can open up the keyless receiver unit and attach a more powerfull antenna to it... basically, so that the range of the Key Fob could be compatible to the aftermarket types...

Good Luck...
This may seem like a stupid question, so bare with me here. I'm having a Valet 651T installed this Saturday, and would love to be able to use the keyfob to remotely unlock the doors. Below is a diagram of the 651T's wiring harnesses

Am I correct to assume that the red wire ("YELLOW (-) ignition output") is what you two are referring to as "ignition output" and that the blue wire ("WHITE/BLUE (-) activation input") is "ignition input"? I'm going to ask the installer if he's done this before, which will make this moot, but I have a feeling that he won't want to "experiment" on this installation, leaving me to do it myself once I get the car back.

If the above is correct, would it then be safe to assume that this image correctly shows how Acura's ignition input wire should be cut and connected to the model?

I'm certainly capable of doing this, I just wanted to see if I understand clearly what you and uncald4 are talking about. Any help would greatly be appreciated. BTW, if I can confirm that this is correct - or, if somebody corrects me and tells me which wires I'm looking for - I'll take pictures of the entire process if I end up doing it myself.

On a side note, thanks to the both of you for sharing your insight on this. It's nice to see that some people understand what a community is all about.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Instructor

If anyone does figure out the remote start with OEM fob, it would be great to have a DIY with pictures!

I would love to have just remote start (no aftermarket alarm), that works from the factory fob. However, I dont know enough about how all the systems work together to try and do it without a DIY.
Last thing i want to do is cut wires "trying" to get it to work.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:38 PM
2024 TLX Type-S

I had my remote start installed this past Saturday so that it works with the factory keyfob, and it has already come in handy (25° this morning, with snow and ice). The only problem was that the installer - who, for the record, came highly recommended and has won quite a few awards for his work - could not get the keyfob to work after the car had remote started.

I gave him the information that was posted in this thread, but I think something changed in the 07 and up TL's. He didn't find the module where it was supposed to be located, and not all wire colors were the same. He spent nearly an hour and a half trying to get it to work to no avail. That being said, it's no big deal to me. It would have been convenient, but I'm just happy to have the remote start feature using the favtory keyfob.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:54 PM
1st Gear

Ok so I have a 2005 TL with remote start using oem fob everything works except for the unlock and lock when the car is on. I cut the yellow wire at the Keyless receiver and it still does not unlock and lock. Is there somthing else i need to do with the signal wire Pink/Black. Or am I just in the wrong direction all together with it. If someone can shed some light pleeeeeease.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by NTP66
I had my remote start installed this past Saturday so that it works with the factory keyfob, and it has already come in handy (25° this morning, with snow and ice). The only problem was that the installer - who, for the record, came highly recommended and has won quite a few awards for his work - could not get the keyfob to work after the car had remote started.

I gave him the information that was posted in this thread, but I think something changed in the 07 and up TL's. He didn't find the module where it was supposed to be located, and not all wire colors were the same. He spent nearly an hour and a half trying to get it to work to no avail. That being said, it's no big deal to me. It would have been convenient, but I'm just happy to have the remote start feature using the favtory keyfob.
just have to find someone with an 07 electrical manual
Old 12-04-2007, 12:16 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Can somebody, anybody, get the OEM keyfob to keep working after installing the remote start feature!?
Old 12-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Not your moms TL.

i have the scematics for 07+ pm me if youre interested.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:10 AM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
i stopped by a shop today to ask about this and they said they can install a remote start unit into a 04 tl using the factory remote. they also said they didnt know how to make the door unlock option work after the remote start was activated and the key needed to be used. this we already know.

then he showed me an additional add-on for the remote start with another tiny remote, about the size of triple A battery, with 1 button that would be used to unlock/lock the doors after the remote start was activated.

so basically 2 remotes, (which everyone hates) but its so tiny it wouldnt matter.
anyone here of this....i might go this option. 250 with install for this option.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Intermediate

if you find the keyless module just find the ignition wire and interupt it with a relay when remote started. that will allow the keyless module to not think it is started . the only thing i need is to know where the keyless box is or i need a customers car to look at. you might also have to interupt the key sense wire so the car cant think the key is in.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by custom built
if you find the keyless module just find the ignition wire and interupt it with a relay when remote started. that will allow the keyless module to not think it is started . the only thing i need is to know where the keyless box is or i need a customers car to look at. you might also have to interupt the key sense wire so the car cant think the key is in.
why a relay? Just cut permanently
Old 12-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Everyone chill.. Wait for me tomorrow. I will look for your key-less box schemetic. I will try to figure out how to do this.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BrandonClaps
this is how rbf351 is....he was the same way on clubsi.com
things don't change. people pay for knowledge. same way i seem to be the only person who has don't a oem navi install on the new civics. people are willing to pay a good deal of money for my knowledge.

i might have posted the instructions eventually, but people should learn how to keep quiet, and not name call...

i'm sure vinha916 will figure it out.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Racer

rbf351. i agree w/ you about who ppl should pay for your knowledge.

I am not sure I can figure out. But so far, I already have the schemetic but I am not goin to install remote start. So, if you guys have any question feel free to ask. I will do my best to anwer.

Keyless Receiver Unit locate Under left side dash: GREEN , on the dashboard wire harness (left branch).

color. black ( ground)
Pnk/Black (signal out)
Yellow (fuse 21 under dash)
Gray/blue (B+ fuse 6 -under dash)

Hope that help...

I have 5 pages of schemetic. however, i dont think you guys will understand it. So,i am not goin to post. if you want to have it, pm your email i will send it to you.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:02 PM
2024 TLX Type-S

Originally Posted by vinha916

I am not sure I can figure out. But so far, I already have the schemetic but I am not goin to install remote start. So, if you guys have any question feel free to ask. I will do my best to anwer.

Keyless Receiver Unit locate Under left side dash: GREEN , on the dashboard wire harness (left branch).

color. black ( ground)
Pnk/Black (signal out)
Yellow (fuse 21 under dash)
Gray/blue (B+ fuse 6 -under dash)

Hope that help...

I have 5 pages of schemetic. however, i dont think you guys will understand it. So,i am not goin to post. if you want to have it, pm your email i will send it to you.
That's the same information that rodneyc77, but still, thanks for posting it anyways.

Regarding the "people should be paid for their knowledge" thing, that's widely open to debate. In certain instances, I'd agree. This is absolutely not one of them, as nobody is asking anybody to perform the install. All we were looking for was the location of a single wire. That's it.

To say people should pay for help like this is preposterous, and it's obvious that I'm not the only person who feels that way. This is a TL "Community". I don't post often, but I've been reading this forum ever since purchasing my TL, and have found 99% of the people here to be quite helpful, always willing to help out fellow TL owners.

I'm not even going to get into the other 1%, as they're not worth anyone's time.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:14 PM

That's the same information that rodneyc77, but still, thanks for posting it anyways.

Regarding the "people should be paid for their knowledge" thing, that's widely open to debate. In certain instances, I'd agree. This is absolutely not one of them, as nobody is asking anybody to perform the install. All we were looking for was the location of a single wire. That's it.

To say people should pay for help like this is preposterous, and it's obvious that I'm not the only person who feels that way. This is a TL "Community". I don't post often, but I've been reading this forum ever since purchasing my TL, and have found 99% of the people here to be quite helpful, always willing to help out fellow TL owners.

I'm not even going to get into the other 1%, as they're not worth anyone's time.
normally i do post how to do things, check back a few posts about my ignition switch swap. i got alot of crap in that thread for trying to help
Old 12-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Racer

Sorry, I didnt see he post it. but here is what i came up with. hope that help.

This is what i think. Whenever your ignition B+ feed into keyless box . it basicly disable your remote. THerefore, you must bypass your Transmitter Keyless REceiver Unit. THere is a Yellow wire feed from Fuse box Ignition 1 (fuse 21) 7 amp. That wire actually control your FOB transmitter unit. So, all you have to do is cut that wire and boom your in business. If you dont understand, just ask me.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Racer

oops, forgot pic..

http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?i...7259141nc9.jpg
Old 12-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Intermediate

[QUOTE=vinha916]rbf351. i agree w/ you about who ppl should pay for your knowledge.

then whats the point of a car spacific forum?
Old 12-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BrandonClaps
why a relay? Just cut permanently
yes that would work but i prefer that my cars function normaly when not being used. it only needs to be opened up during remote start.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Racer

[QUOTE=custom built]

then whats the point of a car spacific forum?

then why you pay for your tuition? would you want to work for free? i am here to help ppl out too. i just agree "that ppl should pay for your knowledge".
Old 12-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Burning Brakes

did anyone figure it out yet for a 03 TL ?? SO CONFUSING!
Old 12-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo335
did anyone figure it out yet for a 03 TL ?? SO CONFUSING!

you didnt read my post?
Old 12-08-2007, 09:02 AM

you didnt read my post?
just another reason why i refuse to help out anymore on here anymore. you post basic instructions, yet it's not good enough unless you hold the guys hand though the process.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:06 AM

you didnt read my post?
of course he didn't. no one wants to figure anything out or have to read simple schematics anymore, all they want is to be spoon fed.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:54 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Helping people is not about what "you" get out of it, but what they get out of it. If someone is a jerk after you front them something, then you know not to go back to that person with assistance in the future. Some people are just assholes and some of them may have been that way when you helped them here.

I think it's fair to charge someone if you are doing the work for them. But to help people on this forum with DIY knowledge about mods and things like that, no, it is not right to charge them for that. That is what this forum is about. Sharing info about our car and comaraderie. Just think about what this place would be like if everyone else followed suit. We would have a price-list for every mod out there that someone else told someone how to do. And probably a lot less mods to show for it.

Now, if you patented an idea, by all means, sell it. But wow man, just to tell someone how to locate a wire already in the car? What if Nick (DICE guy) wanted to charge us to tell us how to connect the DICE unit to the HU? Or Ron A wanted to charge us for service manual info? Or any of the guys who gave the info for soldering the LED relays for the headlights? Or anyone on this forum who started a DIY thread for that matter?

I thought items for sale were in the black market not in the 3G forum...but some people are just built different I guess...
Old 12-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rbf351
of course he didn't. no one wants to figure anything out or have to read simple schematics anymore, all they want is to be spoon fed.

LOL, i guess i helped enought. I mean I gave out all the info already. What there left to show?
Old 12-08-2007, 12:20 PM

LOL, i guess i helped enought. I mean I gave out all the info already. What there left to show?
you now need to get in your car drive to his house, and do the work for him. no matter what instructions you give it will never be good enough
Old 12-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Former Sponsor

I think this horse is dead.

This is a public forum and people have the right to share or not to share. Some of us may not like it. If it makes you feel better you should kick your dog when you get home today. But I think we should keep some level of respect for fellow members. Word?

When one of us gets this figured out we'll post a new thread with the goods.

Until then, have a great weekend. Enjoy all that good football on your HUGE Plasma or LCD tv this weekend. Go HAWKS!!
Old 12-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by custom built
yes that would work but i prefer that my cars function normaly when not being used. it only needs to be opened up during remote start.
either you don't understand the workings of it, or i don't...

if it is open all the time, and not open when the car is started... then why would you use a relay to open it only when the car is started?? still doesn't make sense
Old 12-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rbf351
you now need to get in your car drive to his house, and do the work for him. no matter what instructions you give it will never be good enough
You need to remember, not everyone has the same knowledge, and they come to these forums to learn. Some people need more help than others.

I have a good knowledge of electronics, but I don't have the electrical schematics of the my vehicle. I also don't have the time to test a ton of wires searching for the correct ones. If someone can lend a hand to the right location and the right harness, its beneficial when it comes time for me to confirm or figure out what needs to be done, especially if they have already done it. It may be easier for you to tell me what wires are what, than to scan a schematic for me.

Someone else may be able to take your few words, and write out a step by step for a novice.

I didn't name call. I simply PM'd you and asked you about what you had done, you never replied.

About your post about the ignition swap. Yes people may have given you shit about it. You need to be able to take criticism. Yes you did tackle something that isn't easy for the everyday Joe, and were successful, but you did lose functionality of other parts in the car. For you, it didn't matter as you weren't concerned about the other locks. For someone else, retaining the factory locks, and paying a little more for something is the right way. No one is right and no one is wrong.

Does it always have to be about money? Yea, people do pay good money for knowledge. I get paid good money for my IT knowledge, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to help someone, a forum nonetheless? These members are using this knowledge for their own benefit, not to make money off of, or turn around and sell.

I am a member of multiple forums, car, computer, motorcycles. If I am performing something I haven't seen before, haven't seen much information about, or know people are interested in, I will spend an extra 5 minutes and take a few pictures while I'm doing it. Spend 20 minutes writing up a quick DIY. I get more satisfaction knowing someone else is able to do the same thing with my instructions.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Racer

read my post before you talk.if u dont get it , read 3 more time if your saying you have some knowledge.

READ THIS COMPLETELY "This is what i think. Whenever your ignition B+ feed into keyless box . it basicly disable your remote. THerefore, you must bypass your Transmitter Keyless REceiver Unit. THere is a Yellow wire feed from Fuse box Ignition 1 (fuse 21) 7 amp. That wire actually control your FOB transmitter unit. So, all you have to do is cut that wire and boom your in business. If you dont understand, just ask me."

And where do i asked for money? REREAD my post please please please...and i really post all the info. if you dont get it. THEN ASK>>> I also post a schemetic, if you blind enought sorry i cant help. At this ppoint, i should of listen to rbf351, rather than doing alll research and got nothing but really some jack ass respond.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Former Sponsor

I think this horse is dead.
Just a reminder.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Racer

lol uncald4. Anyways, if you need help . PM me.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Pro

Just a reminder.

It may be dead, but i needed to get what i had to say regardless. Some people need to understand that this is a community. Everyone is not here just for themselves, but here to help each other as well.

Quick Reply: Remote Start Stock Remote??