My iPhone 3G Integrations Setup - LOTS OF PICS and EVEN ViDEOS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
My iPhone 3G Integrations Setup - LOTS OF PICS and EVEN ViDEOS!

Alright finally got off my lazy ass and was able to get these photos put together of my iPhone 3g integration. Videos are also posted. I didn't go the usual iSimple, Dice or Peripheral way to achieve this. This is what I did:

1. Dom's Nav Converter - Search the forums
2. P.I.E. X3 - Link

3. Apple Composite AV Cable - Link

4. 15' Monster Composite Video Cable
5. Composite Video Coupler
6. Griffin Power Jolt Dual USB Charger -

7. Custom Proclip iPhone 3G Pass through Dock and Mount - Link

Alright so first thing I did was followed the wonder write ups here and installed the Dom's Nav Converter and P.I.E. X3 so there is no need for me to be redundant so just search.

I didnt take a pic before putting the carpet back up in the trunk so I'm sorry but there are plenty of pics already posted on the DIY's. The AMP is not hooked up, its a future install waiting to happen.

I ran the 15' Monster Composite Video Cable from here to the passenger side Front Footwell which you will see later.

Here's an overview:

This is the view you or passengers see under the Front Glove Box.

This is the Drives Side and we can see the cable being plugged into my P.I.E. X3. You can not see it while getting in and No it does not interfere with the gas pedal at all.

I also decided to run an AUX cable to the Center Console which is the other set of connections you see. I figured might as well have a way to connect other audio devices that can plug in via headphone jack. I still have one more input free.

Placed the Audio Selector in the lower bin like many others have. Perfect Spot.

Stealth!

I routed the USB portion of the Apple Cable to the center console. Its the Griffin Dual USB charger so I can charge another iPhone/iPod without having to D/C mine.

Charging just perfectly! Just gotta put the lid back in place J

Here's my Custom Mount from Proclip. Pretty expensive but I wanted the best OEM type integration.

Here's Kanye!!

Rusell Peters anyone haha!!

Backup Camera!

I also did the sills while I was doing all this!

Now heres 2 videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8-NrECLvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu1O_...e=channel_page

And That's It Guys Let me know the reaction and thoughts!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good. Personally, I like the Peripheral (iSimple) or even the DICE unit since it's actually integrated with the car -- full text display and controllable through the audio controls/steering wheel.

I need a backup camera...
Old 01-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by eluzion
Looks good. Personally, I like the Peripheral (iSimple) or even the DICE unit since it's actually integrated with the car -- full text display and controllable through the audio controls/steering wheel.

I need a backup camera...
I agree I would've liked text display on my nav screen and being able to switch tracks from the steering wheel, however there is no kit that does that and allows video at the same time. So I had to make a choice between having text being displayed or a MOVIE being displayed, choice was simple to me.

Plus, with my mount, I can change the tracks so easily with a pinky, and the song title w/ album cover if I want is displayed, so it was no biggie for me. With this setup, I can play movies, shows DL'd from itunes, and even youtube videos on the fly.

However if there was a unit that did it all, I would've gone for that for sure.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:45 AM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet setup. I wanted to do the same thing but I have the Dice unit and was wondering how I was going to play videos from the iPhone.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:14 AM
Driven to Perfection

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
now that's the way to do it! When you say that proclip mount is custom, do you mean proclip made it custom to your specs, or that you hacked a proclip? How much did it cost you?
Old 01-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Vroooom!!!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hotness!!! Very nice write up too.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:45 AM
iScrape going into

Nice install, that is pretty sick.

Trending Topics

Old 01-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Dude -- nice write up -- clean install -- very well done -- thanks for the post!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 518 Likes on 294 Posts
This setup would work with a 30gb iPod as well right?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 518 Likes on 294 Posts
one more question, about the PIE X3: does it serve another purpose other than giving you an additional aux jack like you mention? Meaning, if you want to use your aux jack for your ipod/iphone and don't want an additional one, do you need that component?

[sorry i tried to edit my previous post, but it was too late]
Old 01-09-2009, 10:14 AM
King of NYC

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts
WOW bro, I was waiting to see this. Freakin nice, you are actually doing all that from the phone!!!!! I wish iPhone was out for Verizon, I'd buy it without flinching. AMAZING, I am impressed. Don't have to worry bout security either, you take your hardware with you. Damn.

I have an LG Dare, I am going to try and hook it up to at least play MP3s, lol. There's no hook up for video out though, sucks. Gotta stick to my DVD player for videos I guess. With Blue-Ray and hard-drives coming out it is getting outdated fast! I'm not complaining, I still have it good. Can you see the internet pages on the screen?

That ProClip is real nice!! Did it come with the felt and the logo on it like that? I guess it was worth it because it swivels huh?

I gotta copycat you with an iPhone hookup on my next car though!!

Last edited by rockyfeller; 01-09-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
I agree, this is the best available way to integrate an Iphone if you the ability to display video on the NAV unit. Props on your install! Love it.

As someone else asked tho.... how was the mount "customized"? By you or by the manufacturer? Kinda neat how it wraps around the back side of the fau-metal trim.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by HONgDA
Sweet setup. I wanted to do the same thing but I have the Dice unit and was wondering how I was going to play videos from the iPhone.
Yeah I searched for sometime and tried to see if there was a way to integrate both units together or if DICE or iSIMPLE could make a cable that would have a composite video output so that I can get video out of it, cuz that's all is needed honestly, but there was nothing. All they really need to do is embed a composite video cable into their existing wire so it would split at the end (1 plugging into the DICE/iSIMPLE and the other would be the composite video wire and we could just route it to the DOM's converter) and there you go complete solution! Why don't they make that!?!? That's why it came down to, do I want text on display or movies.

Originally Posted by mattster
now that's the way to do it! When you say that proclip mount is custom, do you mean proclip made it custom to your specs, or that you hacked a proclip? How much did it cost you?
Thanks bro! All proclip mounts are custom options that are vehicle specific. Its a 2 part/piece solution, you select the vehicle first and then select the device to get the solution. Just visit their website, I provided the link in my first post. Your uncald enclosure is in the works for me. Thanks for the advice on the woofers!

Originally Posted by PhilB81
one more question, about the PIE X3: does it serve another purpose other than giving you an additional aux jack like you mention? Meaning, if you want to use your aux jack for your ipod/iphone and don't want an additional one, do you need that component?

[sorry i tried to edit my previous post, but it was too late]
Ok since you have an 08 TL you already have an aux jack from factory, but for us unfortunate 04 to 06 owners we weren't so lucky to get one, so this resolves that issue for us.

Now this solution will work with an ipod Video, however when making/recieving a call via the HFL, evnthough your audio will mute and everything will work alright your iPod will not pause the music so after your done with the call, you might be on the next track.. haha. Since the iPhone has the iPod built in, it naturally pauses the music, so just keep that difference in mind.

If you don't care about video then you have many other options, just do a search and you'll see for yourself. However if you want video, this is pretty much the only way as of now, maybe you can use different branded equipment but more or less same shit. mmade22 i believe posted a video on the iSimple setup that he had.

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
WOW bro, I was waiting to see this. Freakin nice, you are actually doing all that from the phone!!!!! I wish iPhone was out for Verizon, I'd buy it without flinching. AMAZING, I am impressed. Don't have to worry bout security either, you take your hardware with you. Damn.

I have an LG Dare, I am going to try and hook it up to at least play MP3s, lol. There's no hook up for video out though, sucks. Gotta stick to my DVD player for videos I guess. With Blue-Ray and hard-drives coming out it is getting outdated fast! I'm not complaining, I still have it good. Can you see the internet pages on the screen?

That ProClip is real nice!! Did it come with the felt and the logo on it like that? I guess it was worth it because it swivels huh?

I gotta copycat you with an iPhone hookup on my next car though!!
Thanks Finley! Bro... honestly, I was on the same boat as you, with Verizon and then I just made the jump. I do miss Verizon a bit but I get over it when I'm using my iPhone.. LoL. Like for example when I was in the car with my friends the other day, we were all talking about the Bush and shoe throwing incident but none of us got to see it, so I just fired up youtube and problem solved, we all saw it on the nav screen! Haha those are the times I dont miss Verizon.

I just like how this is a one device solution, I can have all my media on me at all times and just have it integrate. The only drawback is its not as easy as in your car for example if I just wanna pop in a DVD, I have to have the video on the iPhone.

As far as the pro clip, no it doesn't come with the logo, I had that made, but all proclips are expensive but its also the nicest and to me I knew I was going to have the phone for a long time so I didn't mind at all. Plus I spend a lot of time in my car and since I gotta control my music from the phone I needed a mount that would give me easy access.

Can you believe I did all this but I'm too chicken shit to drill into my panels so I haven't mounted my switch yet... its kind of tucked in between the steering columb for now. LoL.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:01 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

fyi: iPhone can be unlocked
Old 01-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Sandy Eggo

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow that is awesome.. I wish I had Nav..
Old 01-12-2009, 06:25 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
I just found this post and I was very glad to see you took the time to do this. Great write up and now I can see how it is done. If I had seen this before I spent my money on the Isimple unit, I might have went this route. How is the sound quality? That is one great thing about the I-simple unit. Nice man just nice!!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by mmade22
I just found this post and I was very glad to see you took the time to do this. Great write up and now I can see how it is done. If I had seen this before I spent my money on the Isimple unit, I might have went this route. How is the sound quality? That is one great thing about the I-simple unit. Nice man just nice!!!!
Thanks bro the quality is the same as the other units, my sister has the Isimple and I plugged it into that and no quality difference at all, so its identical. If its using the dock connector to route the audio, it has to be the same quality. What I would like for someone who has the ISIMPLE units to do is figure out if there is a way this setup can be piggie backed some how so text and video can be had.

But like I said all ISIMPLE has to do is integrate the composite video cable into their existing wire so we can plug it into a video feed ourselves and that would be it. So dumb they don't!

Dice makes a docking cradle that outputs video (just not for the iPhone), so its possible.

The cost of this setup is:

P.I.E. X3 = $50
DOM = $100
Apple Cable = $50
Video Cable = $10
Coupler = $4

You could shave maybe $30 to $50 by buying shit on egay and used stuff on the forum.

The proclip dock is totally optional and I don't even want to talk about the price I paid. LoL
Old 01-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Cruisin'

Very nicely done, and thanks for the write-up. I'm a new TL owner (new to me TL) and a first time poster here. I have been searching for ideas on how to incorporate my 3G iPhone to my 04 TL (w/out Nav). This may answer my questions! So Thanks.

Now -
Since I do not have nav, the only items I'd need would be the PIE 3 and Apple composite cables? (I have just ordered a Pro Clip mount and have a cigaretter lighter USB adapter)
Old 01-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by Ukieboar
Very nicely done, and thanks for the write-up. I'm a new TL owner (new to me TL) and a first time poster here. I have been searching for ideas on how to incorporate my 3G iPhone to my 04 TL (w/out Nav). This may answer my questions! So Thanks.

Now -
Since I do not have nav, the only items I'd need would be the PIE 3 and Apple composite cables? (I have just ordered a Pro Clip mount and have a cigaretter lighter USB adapter)
If you have no need for video, then purchase either the "Peripheral iSimple PXAMG" or "Dice" unit. Both of these units tuck away in your arm rest and display on screen all song/artist/album info and are song/album/playlist selection controllable from the stereo knobs/buttons.

Theres lots more info out there on the pro's/cons of each. But im pretty sure either would be better and less work for you to install if your not using video!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
sweet man. looks really good.

i see your a russell peters fan as well? lol
Old 01-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by Ukieboar

Now -
Yup like a previous poster posted, you have no need for video, so keep life simple and just go with Isimple.

Originally Posted by playa4real
sweet man. looks really good.

i see your a russell peters fan as well? lol
Russselll ftw!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S
Yup like a previous poster posted, you have no need for video, so keep life simple and just go with Isimple.

Thanks.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:54 PM
10th Gear

Does anyone know where the toggle switch plugs into from the DOM converter?
Old 01-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by Punit352
Does anyone know where the toggle switch plugs into from the DOM converter?

It should be the red and black wires that come out of the unit. The two wires just have to connect to any toggle switch. It's just a ground loop.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:34 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
That is hot man. Excellent write up.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:10 AM
Banned

Hotness!!! Very nice write up too.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:17 PM
jROBERTiko

Nicely Done!!! Now a question for you. Do you think this can be done using an iPod touch instead of an iphone??????? Hope you know the answer
Old 01-15-2009, 07:19 PM
8th Gear

Great set up. I'm wanting to do the same thing for my accord hybrid but using a parrot bluetooth kit since the there's no factory option for handsfree.... just wondering where you where able to order the DOM for $100.... got a quote for $200 from TVNav2go.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Thanx guys for the compliments.

Originally Posted by jrobertiko
Nicely Done!!! Now a question for you. Do you think this can be done using an iPod touch instead of an iphone??????? Hope you know the answer
I'm going to say yes on this one, because I can't see why it wouldn't work. Now to test this out to confirm, just buy the cable from the apple store, and basically hook it up in your home to a TV and then launch a video from youtube and another stored video and see if it outputs. If it outputs at home then you're good to go!

Keep in mind that this will not pause your music when you receive a phone call via HFL, though the music will mute, but wont pause... key difference.

Originally Posted by bdtang
Great set up. I'm wanting to do the same thing for my accord hybrid but using a parrot bluetooth kit since the there's no factory option for handsfree.... just wondering where you where able to order the DOM for $100.... got a quote for $200 from TVNav2go.
DOM sometimes has groupbuys where if you can get in he lets it go for I think 125 or 100, can' remember, look in the sponsored sale section. But my advice jut get it used, these things are so basic.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:44 PM
10th Gear

Thanks man I appreciate it, also does anyone know where I can get the door sills? I think those are sweeeet.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:12 AM
Sexiest NBP.. inthemaking

Hey Elegant,

That is an amazing setup! I have something quite similar, except i got the dice unit instead of the pie.

What i was wondering is, when u have the iphone connected to your navi, what shows up? Like is it suppose to mimic your screen? Can u see browsers on it? Or is it ONLY when u click on a video the screen starts coming on. B/c i went out and bought a composite for my iphone couple months ago, and wheni plugged it in, i didnt see any picture so i returned it right away, without finding out what the problem was, i never thought of opening a video, i thought it was going to mimic the screen. also is youtube vids suppose to show up??

One thing i raelly like about your set up is that, u can pick what songs u want thru the iphone, when i plug my iphone into the dice unit, it locks up so i can only change songs thru my steering wheel. and thats a real pain when u have 1000+ songs ahaha

I was thinking of going your route, i have an aux slot on the dice unit, and i bought a headphone to rca converter wire, so i can plug the whtie/red into my aux slot. but i was thinking the quality wouldnt be as great as if it would be if i connected it straight to dice.

One last question, that dock u have is extremely nice! how much was it? i went on the site and it says its around 50 bucks but i wasnt suer which was the one u got.

thanks man!!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:36 AM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
So sick I love the setup! Excellent write up also!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by OmeGa101
Hey Elegant,

That is an amazing setup! I have something quite similar, except i got the dice unit instead of the pie.

What i was wondering is, when u have the iphone connected to your navi, what shows up? Like is it suppose to mimic your screen? Can u see browsers on it? Or is it ONLY when u click on a video the screen starts coming on. B/c i went out and bought a composite for my iphone couple months ago, and wheni plugged it in, i didnt see any picture so i returned it right away, without finding out what the problem was, i never thought of opening a video, i thought it was going to mimic the screen. also is youtube vids suppose to show up??

One thing i raelly like about your set up is that, u can pick what songs u want thru the iphone, when i plug my iphone into the dice unit, it locks up so i can only change songs thru my steering wheel. and thats a real pain when u have 1000+ songs ahaha

I was thinking of going your route, i have an aux slot on the dice unit, and i bought a headphone to rca converter wire, so i can plug the whtie/red into my aux slot. but i was thinking the quality wouldnt be as great as if it would be if i connected it straight to dice.

One last question, that dock u have is extremely nice! how much was it? i went on the site and it says its around 50 bucks but i wasnt suer which was the one u got.

thanks man!!
Thanx for the compliments, to answer your questions:

1. It only outputs when playing a video of some sort. This means stored videos on the iPhone and YES.. YOUTUBE as well. I actually play youtube videos on the fly..LoL. Read my reply to Rockyfeller in Post #13. The cable you bought definitely worked, you just never fired up a video or youtube. Read my response to jrobertiko in Post#29 for how to do an easy test.

2. I was unaware the DICE locks the iPhone up and that would really be annoying for me, because I have a lot of media on my iPhone plus with my mount, I use it to easily text people back while I'm driving and sometimes even use other apps to find stuff. All while playing music and all this stuff would be rendered useless if it was locked up. I wonder if the iSimple does that.

3. The quality of the RCA to Headphone 3.5mm jack will be on par with the dock connector. I had it running like that for a year and yes the DOCK connection is slightly better, but I doubt anyone will notice. The only annoying thing you might notice is you will have to adjust the volume on the iPhone to tweak the optimum sound since its outputting via headphone jack now. Higher the volume more distortion, but some songs need more volume because they were recorded slightly low.

4. As far as the mount is concerned, its a 2 part solution. You need to purchase the TL low center mount angle which I think is $30 and then you have to select the specific iPhone device mount which they have like 5 of ranging from $30 to $100. The $100 one is what I got, because it has the pass through connector embedded in it, so yeah, PRETTY EXPENSIVE.. but I had to have it, because I wanted the best OEM like integration.

I know that DICE has a dock that outputs video, why don't you look into that? I saw it but I didn't like it personally but since you already have the Dice it might be an option for you.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:58 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S
Thanx for the compliments, to answer your questions:

1. It only outputs when playing a video of some sort. This means stored videos on the iPhone and YES.. YOUTUBE as well. I actually play youtube videos on the fly..LoL. Read my reply to Rockyfeller in Post #13. The cable you bought definitely worked, you just never fired up a video or youtube. Read my response to jrobertiko in Post#29 for how to do an easy test.

2. I was unaware the DICE locks the iPhone up and that would really be annoying for me, because I have a lot of media on my iPhone plus with my mount, I use it to easily text people back while I'm driving and sometimes even use other apps to find stuff. All while playing music and all this stuff would be rendered useless if it was locked up. I wonder if the iSimple does that.
3. The quality of the RCA to Headphone 3.5mm jack will be on par with the dock connector. I had it running like that for a year and yes the DOCK connection is slightly better, but I doubt anyone will notice. The only annoying thing you might notice is you will have to adjust the volume on the iPhone to tweak the optimum sound since its outputting via headphone jack now. Higher the volume more distortion, but some songs need more volume because they were recorded slightly low.

4. As far as the mount is concerned, its a 2 part solution. You need to purchase the TL low center mount angle which I think is $30 and then you have to select the specific iPhone device mount which they have like 5 of ranging from $30 to $100. The $100 one is what I got, because it has the pass through connector embedded in it, so yeah, PRETTY EXPENSIVE.. but I had to have it, because I wanted the best OEM like integration.

I know that DICE has a dock that outputs video, why don't you look into that? I saw it but I didn't like it personally but since you already have the Dice it might be an option for you.
The I simple has two outputs for the Ipod. One is ipod mode where it is controlled with the car stereo only. You can switch it to Aux 1 and then control the ipod with the songs you want to play so it doesn't lock it up in Aux 1 mode!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:57 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by mmade22
The I simple has two outputs for the Ipod. One is ipod mode where it is controlled with the car stereo only. You can switch it to Aux 1 and then control the ipod with the songs you want to play so it doesn't lock it up in Aux 1 mode!
Well there's your answer. I still want to know if these units can be piggie backed somehow? Of if anyone is adventurous enough, open up the iSimple dock connector side and compare it to the composite AV one and see which pin corresponds to the video one and see if it can some how be spliced together. Boom best of both worlds the ultimate solution!

Last edited by Elegant TYPE S; 01-18-2009 at 03:00 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:36 PM
8th Gear

Hey Elegant - I was thinking about the same thing about splicing... I have my USA spec on order that should come in some time this week.... If it's not one of those molded plastic/rubber and is a snap together (like my old ipod adapter), I'd be willing to open it up - just don't feel that adventurous just yet if it's fully molded since it'll look crappy with a sliced up plug.... I'm still debating on the DOM - saw if for a decent price but not sure if I want to drop all this $$ this month... got my parrot for bluetooth and USA Spec. DOM may have to wait until next month.... on a different note, not sure if you have your iphone Jailbroken, but I came across an app on Cydia (the jailbroken version of the app store) called TV out.. it allows you to toggle which app you want to have TV out... I haven't been able to try it out yet since my ipod video cable is one of those old ones.... still trying to find a deal on the official one or at least one that works with the iphone.... The app supposedly allows you to toggle the full springboard (the main launcher) and any individual app... would be sweet if it does work - Stream Pandora via 3G and see album art on the nav screen.... I also have an app called Tunewiki on my iphone that plays all of my songs but it pulls all the lyrics down and displays it on my iphone as the song is played.... I'm itching to buy the cable to give it a try but haven't had a chance to make it out of the house....
Old 01-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by bdtang
on a different note, not sure if you have your iphone Jailbroken, but I came across an app on Cydia (the jailbroken version of the app store) called TV out.. it allows you to toggle which app you want to have TV out... I haven't been able to try it out yet since my ipod video cable is one of those old ones.... still trying to find a deal on the official one or at least one that works with the iphone.... The app supposedly allows you to toggle the full springboard (the main launcher) and any individual app... would be sweet if it does work - Stream Pandora via 3G and see album art on the nav screen....
My iphone is jailbroken!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Sexiest NBP.. inthemaking

Hey elegant,

i was just wondering how come u decided to go and buy the 99.99 proclip pass through one when u could've gotten the 49.99 cable attachment one? wouldn't yours fit thru it? i have the dice one and i was wondering if that would work with the cable attachment one, and it would look more OEM?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by OmeGa101
Hey elegant,

i was just wondering how come u decided to go and buy the 99.99 proclip pass through one when u could've gotten the 49.99 cable attachment one? wouldn't yours fit thru it? i have the dice one and i was wondering if that would work with the cable attachment one, and it would look more OEM?
You got it bro.. wouldnt fit. I would've had to shave the groves and stuff which I probably could've done now that I have the proclip in my possesion but I just didnt want to risk at the time. Not to mention when someone steps into my car with an itouch or a 2nd gen iphone.. they can just uplug the dock and plug it into their and play tunes. If we do the other dock then their device would have to fit the dock and in this case it wouldnt. So all around this was a better move for me. Everyone now a days has an iphone, or ipod touch or a ipod on them that they want you to hear a song they have on it. LoL

Last edited by Elegant TYPE S; 01-23-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:31 AM
10th Gear

X3 Pie Help

Ok so I have everything figured out and ordered in, I am just having a little trouble figuring out how to hook up the PIE X 3. Just curious, how did you run your PIE unit to your center console? I mean I understand you said you ran it through AUX, but is there an AUX (Red an White) inputs somewhere behind the center console? Sorry for such the noob questions, but I really want to do this right. OR do I have to purchase the X3 Vehicle harness as well, please it would greatly appreciated if someone could help me out with this.

Quick Reply: My iPhone 3G Integrations Setup - LOTS OF PICS and EVEN ViDEOS!